PDA

View Full Version : Pierce defeat Likohovtseva 61 61

NicoMary
Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:52 PM
Pierce defeat Likhovtseva 61 61 :rolleyes:

:worship::hearts::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:: bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

25 winners 11 unforced errors:rolleyes:......I really would not be Justine hénin Hardenne right now:eek:

MPStylee
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Mary Rocks!!! 61 61!!! What a legend!!! Rock on!!!!!!!!!

suzie
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:06 PM
Impressive playing!!! WELL DONE Mary! :bigclap:

sebbe
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:16 PM
That was cruel....Mary just blowed Elena of the court. She really crushed her, and watch the stats .... 26 winners and just 11 ue...impressive win. Mary was very tough mentally this match anad didn't really show any signs on being nervous. This was the best way she could have won in. A big congratulation and a good luck in the big Final!! against Justine.

rsunderji
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Wow!! Serious demolition on the part of mary. She'll have lots of energy on Sat, palyed so well. Did you guys see what henin's coach said? On the ESPN feed, the commentator asked what he will tell henin about the time Pierce takes between points, and he goes that he will first tell her to be patient, but if it is still annoying harden, to let the chair know that there is only 25 secs allowed between points and that Mary is taking on average 31-41...big mistake if she does that, she will be boooood mercilesly...
GO MARY!!!

Mark Spruce
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:25 PM
HOLY S*&*(&

What a result.

And roll on Saturday !!!!!!!!!!!

Keep this up Mary have fun.

I am so proud of you !!!!!!!!!

Mark

stenen
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:28 PM
Mary!!!! Congrats!!! :bounce:

I've put two interviews of Mary in this thread.
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5535893&postcount=13

Piotrek
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
CONGRATS MARY !!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Good luck against Justine

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks so much !!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

saby
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:44 PM
MARY YOU ARE
JUST...........AMAZING

Edman
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:51 PM
Mary is just too great!!!
Mary,one match more please!!

rsunderji
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:59 PM
Mary!!!! Congrats!!! :bounce:

I've put two interviews of Mary in this thread.
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5535893&postcount=13
thanks for that

MaryPierceFan
Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:13 PM
Wow! What a great win! Go girl! You can do it!

Mark Spruce
Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:17 PM
Yeah one more match and what a few weeks.

I am on such a high cloud right now jwjwjwjwj

Mark

rsunderji
Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:21 PM
nice little article about mary in today's globe and mail

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050602/FRENCHSIDE02/TPSports/?query=mary+pierce

saby
Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Did somebody watched the little interview before the mach ??

French journalists chased Mary all day long. She was supposed to train on center court AT 1PM and because of them, she went to train on an annexe court.

They interviewed her after the training and Mary disappeared one more time, they chased her again trying to get another interview.

Mary answered them very nicely "you weren't on the annexe court for the interview, no, well you have to wait after the match, I will answer to all your question then"

She said that with a big smile, she knew it was same journalists

Declan
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
I thought Likhovtseva was a bit sour after the match, in the brief interview that Eurosport showed. But whatever...MARY WAS BRILLIANT!!! I must admit I'm getting pissed off with all the attention that everyone's giving to Mary allegedly taking too long between points. As Lindsay said after the Quarter-Final : "That's just Mary. That's how she is". No-one has mentioned it for years; why is it getting resurrected again now???!!!

GoSandrine
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Congratulations Mary! :yeah:

Now go win the title tomorrow :)

:Rawwb:
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:24 PM
mary!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooo

Mark Spruce
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:54 PM
Simple:

Because Mary is winnng and has beaten people's favourtie player in a slam.

Sout Grapes i must say.

I think that Lindsay was great in what she said.

Mark

I thought Likhovtseva was a bit sour after the match, in the brief interview that Eurosport showed. But whatever...MARY WAS BRILLIANT!!! I must admit I'm getting pissed off with all the attention that everyone's giving to Mary allegedly taking too long between points. As Lindsay said after the Quarter-Final : "That's just Mary. That's how she is". No-one has mentioned it for years; why is it getting resurrected again now???!!!

saby
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:58 PM
I agree with you Mark, why don't they let us apreciate this moment!!!

rsunderji
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
wha tdid likhovtseva say int he post-match interview?

Mark Spruce
Jun 2nd, 2005, 06:05 PM
Sad loosers/Fans

You read on some other threads about Pam going to the referee and complainign how long time Mary takes with the points. More sour grapes there.

take care

I am going to enjoy this so much this win and hopefully on Saturday as well.

I am not going to watch the match. My superstition.

Mark

I agree with you Mark, why don't they let us apreciate this moment!!!

stenen
Jun 2nd, 2005, 06:24 PM
You read on some other threads about Pam going to the referee and complainign how long time Mary takes with the points. More sour grapes there.

I know it's ridiculous because I sat with a stopwatch and only twice she took more than 30 secs between points. When this happened the first time she wanted to change the ball because it wasn't a good one an act that should be appreciated rather than looked down upon.
During most of the points she stayed between 16-22 secs.
When people don't have better things to come up with they take every petty little thing to complain about.

rsunderji
Jun 2nd, 2005, 06:52 PM
I say screw all these people just looking for somethign to complain about. I'm just glad she is in the finals and I have no problem when she takes her time and fixes herself and bounces the ball and pulls her hair and all that, that's part of her grace.

Scotso
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
Mary is just on fire.

Keep it up, girl.

Scotso
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:14 PM
Guys, just ignore those people that are complaining. It doesn't matter.

selyoink
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Mary was really dominate today. I'm an Elena Likhovtseva fan and thought she had a great chance today but Mary really took it to her. She controlled almost every point and even the points she didn't control she still won. Her stats were incredible for the match. It was a tough match for me to watch because she made Elena look like an amateur today. She was the far superior player today and is probably the far superior in general right now.

Anyway just wanted to congratulate the Pierce fans. She should have made you all extremely happy. She sure did upset me with her thrashing of Elena.

saby
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks Niktosrule, we are all very happy...

Gerri
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:58 PM
Mary :rocker2:

I couldn't watch the match today but it sounds like Mary played a great one.

I'll be out on saturday so I can't watch the final either :sad: I'll have to tape it. Cheer Mary on for me!! I hope she can put in another great performance.

Mark Spruce
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
Hi Gerri,

I will sure Cheer Mary on for you

Mark

Andy.
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:26 PM
Wow another huge display. Im over the moon right now i cant believe Mary is in the final. Good luck Girl

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 3rd, 2005, 07:57 AM
Great match....well done Mary!!!!:worship:

Emm..about Mary taking so much time to serve...:rolleyes: ...why does people bring that up only when she's winning...????

This is unbelievable...she has beaten 4 players straight who are ranked higher than her...just simply amazing...inspirational...FABULOUS!!!!!:angel:

And again I must say that its good to be a Mary fan.....because now I can take it from Mary that HARD WORK PAYS OFF.....regardless of how old you are....what state of physical condition you are in...if you got the determination and dedication of achieving something...you can do it....don't ask me...ASK MARY!!!!!!:rolls:

Oh gosh...this feels good doesn't it guys....but one more match to go...I like Justine very much...and I think that this is Mary's toughest match as yet....Justine's just a great competitor....gosh...I hope Mary will play her best and win....!!!:worship:

Go MARY!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

stenen
Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:08 AM
A short Mary Pierce interwiew on eurosport after semis and how she's going to prepare to the final.
Interview Mary Pierce (rtsp://realserver.tf1.fr/eurosport/2005/06/03/pierce_20517_1_16_12017_0_240x180.smil)

Mark Spruce
Jun 3rd, 2005, 12:24 PM
Sure is feeling good.

And I am just feeling so great for Mary. She seems so happy.

And one more higher ranked player than her to beat and that makes it 5 AGAIN. Another 5 you see again ejejeje

Mark
Great match....well done Mary!!!!:worship:

Emm..about Mary taking so much time to serve...:rolleyes: ...why does people bring that up only when she's winning...????

This is unbelievable...she has beaten 4 players straight who are ranked higher than her...just simply amazing...inspirational...FABULOUS!!!!!:angel:

And again I must say that its good to be a Mary fan.....because now I can take it from Mary that HARD WORK PAYS OFF.....regardless of how old you are....what state of physical condition you are in...if you got the determination and dedication of achieving something...you can do it....don't ask me...ASK MARY!!!!!!:rolls:

Oh gosh...this feels good doesn't it guys....but one more match to go...I like Justine very much...and I think that this is Mary's toughest match as yet....Justine's just a great competitor....gosh...I hope Mary will play her best and win....!!!:worship:

Go MARY!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

GoSandrine
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:35 PM
Take that Robbie Alomar! :p :wavey:

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:52 AM
A short Mary Pierce interwiew on eurosport after semis and how she's going to prepare to the final.
Interview Mary Pierce (rtsp://realserver.tf1.fr/eurosport/2005/06/03/pierce_20517_1_16_12017_0_240x180.smil)

Mary looks cool, calm and very happy too...:angel:

And Barbara Schett looks very happy for Mary too....she's looking great lol....

But that's beside the point...hmmm...its good that Mary is looking confident....like she said...she needs a good start in her matches....:bounce:

Anyway....all the best Mary....U CAN DO IT!!!!:bounce: