PDA

View Full Version : Mary Story

pierce0415
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:06 AM
Saw something that I wanted to share with other Mary fans

On USA TV, Brad Gilbert was talking about Mary. He said this year he sent his son to the Nick Bollettieri tennis academy in Florida. He said that his son called him from the academy on one of his first days here and said "Dad, I am hitting on the same court as Mary Pierce. She looks great and will win a Grand Slam this year".

Well I hope Brad's son is right :angel:

aimee20
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:22 AM
wow, thanks for sharing :)

Scotso
Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:46 AM
It was Bollettieri that said that, not Brad's son.

Mark Spruce
Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:54 AM
I hope that it will come true.

I am praying so much for it.

Mark

Tompier
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:37 AM
It was Bollettieri that said that, not Brad's son.

Whoever said that let`s hope it will come true :)

Declan
Jun 2nd, 2005, 12:59 PM
Nick Bollettieri has an article in today's "Independent" newpaper in Britain. He says she's really fit, really relaxed and that she definitely feels the clock is ticking on her career, which makes every match more special. He says he's been working with her for three months now, and that during Roland Garros he's been speaking with Mary three times every day on the 'phone. He's changed her serve slightly -"I've advised her to shorten the motion and shorten the toss". He says David is doing a "hellava job" as Mary's coach, and that the crucial factor in the upturn in Mary's fortunes is getting her to believe in herself, "have true faith in the simple fact that she is a big hitter who can beat the crap out of anyone".
Haven't we all been saying that in this Forum for ever?!!!!

Mark Spruce
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:10 PM
Hi Declan,

Thanks so much for that !!!!!!! What a great piece, I am so glad that David is helping her again.

Mark

Ambrosia
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Nick Bollettieri has an article in today's "Independent" newpaper in Britain. He says she's really fit, really relaxed and that she definitely feels the clock is ticking on her career, which makes every match more special. He says he's been working with her for three months now, and that during Roland Garros he's been speaking with Mary three times every day on the 'phone. He's changed her serve slightly -"I've advised her to shorten the motion and shorten the toss". He says David is doing a "hellava job" as Mary's coach, and that the crucial factor in the upturn in Mary's fortunes is getting her to believe in herself, "have true faith in the simple fact that she is a big hitter who can beat the crap out of anyone".
Haven't we all been saying that in this Forum for ever?!!!!

David did it in 2000 and hes doing it again. :)

Jackaboo
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:51 PM
Hi Declan,

Thanks so much for that !!!!!!! What a great piece, I am so glad that David is helping her again.

Mark

Hey guys, I met David in Montreal last year and talked with him for about 10-15 minutes before Mary's first round match, and I can truly say that he's a super nice guy, and the most important thing I got from the conversation is that he seems to really really care about Mary and only wants the best for her... Just like us :) It is great to see him and Mary working together again.