PDA

View Full Version : And for the first time since 2002...

Joana
May 30th, 2005, 07:11 PM
We have a Slam quaterfinalist!
Dokic was the last to achieve it at RG 2002, now Ana does the same. Hopefully there are many, many more to come. :worship:

vutt
May 30th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Is GS QF so far all time best for Serbian/Yugoslavian player?

Of course Seles and Dokic have achieved more, but they did not represent Serbia/YUG those times.

Joana
May 30th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Is GS QF so far all time best for Serbian/Yugoslavian player?

Of course Seles and Dokic have achieved more, but they did not represent Serbia/YUG those times.

Nope, Monica won 8 Slams under Yugoslav flag. And Mima Jausovec won RG back in the 70s.

©@®eLess
May 30th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Bravo Ana, BTW i hate comments on b92 site that ana will switch to switzerland. That's crap she has loads of money now, and i doubt anyone will deny her visa for havong serbia's passport, and she is in highschool in Belgrade, someone should tell those people to shut up.

©@®eLess
May 30th, 2005, 08:58 PM
actuall everything Monica done from april 1992 is considered Serbia and Montenegro (Federal Rep of Yugoslavia), prior it was Big (Socialitsic Federative Rep of )Yugoslavia

vutt
May 30th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Ok, then Thanks for info!

Hm, I was under the impression that Monica moved to USA in mid 80's.

vutt
May 30th, 2005, 10:00 PM
ok she became US sitizen after stabbing...
now it makes sense ...

Bероника
May 30th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Well what is undeniable is that Serbia has produced some really good champions,and some of my favourite ones as well.

By the way,I hope Jelena J.will be the next one to achieve it.Maybe in Wimbledon?

blablabla
May 31st, 2005, 05:23 AM
Bravo Ana, BTW i hate comments on b92 site that ana will switch to switzerland. That's crap she has loads of money now, and i doubt anyone will deny her visa for havong serbia's passport, and she is in highschool in Belgrade, someone should tell those people to shut up.

It would be a tragedy if that happened. Getting swiss or whichever travel documents is one thing but competing under a flag other than SCG would really be a total tragedy.