PDA

View Full Version : Does Elena need a new coach

Helas
May 29th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I think Elena needs a new coach, a European or an American with technical expertise to fix her awful serve and toughen her up mentally.

Olga Morozova has done a good job helping Elena win her first tournament and improving her ranking but she hasn't fixed her serve and Elena is still too inconsistent.

Elena must fire her to succeed!

El Dirko
May 29th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I don't think that a new coach is necessarily the solution as there doesn't seem to be anything major wrong with her game apart from her serve, and I think that is mental. Ultimately Elena's serve is OK when it's working, her problem is that she often wanders mentally during matches which causes her serve to wobble. Once the serve starts to wobble she seems to panic, it gets even worse and then her whole game starts to implode. Any kind of sports coach is going to struggle to get that out of her game.

I think she needs to do some serious consultation with a sports psychologist to help her out with her mental approach, if she could stay focused and not stress-out and panic then I think her game (her serve included) would hold together technically.

Elldee
May 29th, 2005, 08:52 PM
No, it's to see one of the top players with a female coach.

Ronaldo777
May 29th, 2005, 09:27 PM
lena is comfortable with the coach and she is a great coach.lena knows best so she wil decide,after all,we don't know what happens realy so for all we know olga keeps lenas head together better than anyone

Chunchun
May 30th, 2005, 05:13 AM
yeah maybe. She needs to improve her serve definitely. I agree Olga has done so many to help LenaD, but LenaD serve seems has not yet really improved. :shrug:

I actually want Brad Gilbert, look at Roddick serve after he's coached by him.
But i heard that Golovin had hired Gilbert? :shrug:

@m@nd@
May 30th, 2005, 05:38 AM
oh no not brad gilbert plz. during aus open he made fun of elena so many times.
moron :mad:

Prizeidiot
May 30th, 2005, 08:05 AM
I don't think so. Olga has done some great things, and even despite last night, it has been evident that Elena is serving much better than before. The only thing REALLY lacking in Elena's game is the mentality/confidence. And that's not something a coach can give you. Maybe a sports psychologist could help, it's worked well for a lot of other top players...

Chunchun
May 30th, 2005, 09:00 AM

What!??!?! :fiery: :fiery: how did he make fun??? :smash: :fiery:

Paco
May 30th, 2005, 10:20 AM
arsehole

Paco
May 30th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure if it is a good idea

rabbit_boi_313
May 30th, 2005, 03:44 PM
What!??!?! :fiery: :fiery: how did he make fun??? :smash: :fiery:
YEAH !!! what had he done ???????? :mad: :mad: :fiery: :fiery:

azmad_88
May 30th, 2005, 05:10 PM
ijust want elena to do imrpove on he rserve
olga is fine
maybe during the long breaks at the end of the year
she should u know train with some great servers

DEETHELICK
May 30th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Olga is fine, tactically and experience wise.

However Elena's mental jitters need the most help (a psychologist). This work could feed into a better serve (i.e. ability to use new technique regularly or start with a new motion).

The technical aspect of Elena's serve also needs to be addressed.

smarties
May 30th, 2005, 05:55 PM
She should keep Olga but hire Pete Sampras to help her with her serve. Can you imagine having Pete as her serving coach!!!

Ronaldo777
May 30th, 2005, 09:12 PM
pete can serve well but he probably can't coach that.love if ithappened though,and maybe mixed doubles too.

karenkklee
May 30th, 2005, 10:36 PM
well, i think Olga is fine... like most of you did know the reason and mentioned before, it's her mentality that matters...

her serve has been improving since last year... here's the article from ACE magazine (Oct 2004 issue) that evidence the enhancement regarding her serve...

miffedmax
Jun 1st, 2005, 05:53 PM
You can see a huge difference in her serve early in matches and later in matches. What worries me this year is that she is having a hard time closing out matches against players she should beat (Schynder at AO, Morigami (should have won in 2) and the other Lena at the FO). Her service games early in matches, or when she's trying to close up (some of those three set wins she's gotten) is better.

To me, that shows it's all about what's going on in that pretty blonde head, not about her technique or physical strength. I think Olga has helped Lena, but she needs a sports shrink. The problems is that same sort of toughness that Lena exhibits when she's "on" probably makes her less likely to seek that kind of help.

On the other hand, I think that Lena is very likely to win her next trip to a major final. Frankly, I wonder if she started to look past Lena L. when the draw opened up and maybe wasn't focused enough. Again, some help from a sports pyschologist would be a good thing.

Of course, the disappointment of the FO is beginning to fade and I'm about to relapse into my more usual "Lena is perfect and invincible mindset" so this may be my last objective, rational post for a while . . . (She is perfect, just not invincible).

No Name Face
Jun 2nd, 2005, 12:58 AM
She needs to lose her mom :o

Dementinator
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:01 AM
Well as far as Lena losing her mom is concerned ,i find the best way to go about this is to visit a HUGE shopping mall ,when its very busy ,then wait until Vera is looking at something that interests her ,then slip off to the bogs , musnt tell Vera that tho ,then return approx 10mins later and Bingo!! One lost Mother! I have tried this tecnique myself many times and it works a treat ,everytime!

Mathijs
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:21 PM
Well as far as Lena losing her mom is concerned ,i find the best way to go about this is to visit a HUGE shopping mall ,when its very busy ,then wait until Vera is looking at something that interests her ,then slip off to the bogs , musnt tell Vera that tho ,then return approx 10mins later and Bingo!! One lost Mother! I have tried this tecnique myself many times and it works a treat ,everytime!

:haha: well i wonder if it'll work with mommy Vera, i don't think Lena needs to get rid of mommy Vera, i think it's good only i think that mommy Vera needs to be more in the background, mmm well i mean influence and minding business is okay but not sooo much...

JC Federer
Jun 18th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Lena is actually working with Richard Krajicek on her serve. Just for the serve. Richard has a good serve. He won Wimbledon and beat Pete Sampras there during his 7 win run.

The deal was that Lena plays doubles with Richard's sister, Michaella.

It's a good start, and a good choice for the coach. Richard is also a nice guy.

I was particularly worried when I played that Roland Garros 2005 video game with Lena... her service motion was frighteningly accurate in the game... she barely bends her knees!