PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham

ZAK
May 28th, 2005, 05:13 PM
I think this is a very important tournament for Tati. It'll be a chance to forget about the red clay season, and get ready for Wimbledon, which I think is Tati's best chance right now for a deep run at a major.

Molik, Likhovtseva, Jankovic, and Hantuchova are some of the players also playing.

Good luck Tati :worship:

wurzelman
May 28th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Yeah, good luck Tati. I may even be able to get there to see her play, and I hink she has a strong chance of getting to the final again.

ZAK
Jun 1st, 2005, 08:52 PM
The entry of Sharapova will push Tati out of the top 4 seeds, unless Likhovtseva withdraws after her run in Paris. As of now the top seeds are:
1. Sharapova 2. Molik 3. Jankovic 4. Likhovtseva 5. Golovin

selyoink
Jun 1st, 2005, 09:31 PM
I would guess that Likhovtseva probably won't play anymore. She will need the rest I think.

martirogi
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:10 PM
hopefully tati and masha will be on opposite sides of the draw so tati can whip her around in the finals :devil:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:16 PM
win it this time Tati! :hehehe:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:30 PM
seedings for Birmingham :D
Tati's #5

http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5531749&postcount=1

am13
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:37 PM
Please Tati, make me pleasure : go to the final again... But, this time, win this tournament ! This tournament will prepare her for Wimbledon... It's very important...

yukon145
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:33 PM
best of luck Tati

rseto
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:44 PM
here is the main draw. doesn't look bad if tati is healthy. maybe a tough one against molik. good luck!

(1)Maria Sharapova vs bye
Tatiana Perebiynis vs Anne Kremer
Q vs Meghann Shaughnessy
Antonella Serra-Zanetti vs (16)Samantha Stosur

(10)Nicole Vaidisova vs Q
Eleni Daniilidou vs Yoon-Jeon Cho
(wc)Nicole Pratt vs Q
(8)Ai Sugiyama vs bye

(4)Elena Likhovsteva vs bye
Q vs Ludmila Cervanova
Q vs Alina Jidkova
Q vs (13)Anna-Lena Groenefeld

(12)Evgenia Linetskaya vs Abigail Spears
Anna Chakvetadze vs Maria Sanchez Lorenzo
Marlene Weingartner vs Q
bye vs (6)Shinobu Asagoe

(7)Daniela Hantuchova vs bye
Arancha Parra vs Maria Elena Camerin
Tatiana Panova vs Mashona Washington
Carly Gullickson vs (11)Virginie Razzano

(14)Lisa Raymond vs Q
(wc)Elena Baltacha vs Alyona Bondarenko
Sania Mirza vs Claudine Schaul
bye vs (3)Jelena Jankovic

(5)Tatiana Golovin vs bye
Tamarine Tanasugarn vs Roberta Vinci
(wc)Amanda Janes vs Aiko Morigami
Stephanie Foretz vs (9)Marion Bartoli

(15)Maria Kirilenko vs Yuliana Fedak
Kristina Brandi vs Maria vento-Kabchi
Laura Granville vs (wc)Anne Keothavong
bye vs (2)Alicia Molik

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:52 PM
if she can get past Molik (who hasn't played in months) she should be able to make the final again (Dani could be dangerous tho)

yukon145
Jun 4th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Tati did push Molik to 3 sets last fall indoors when she was playing really well, hopfully Molik will be rusty too. one match at a time Tati, good luck.

martirogi
Jun 4th, 2005, 07:15 PM
tati will have a chance to play masha in the final :yeah:

after beating hantuchova in the semis of course :angel:

Ceze
Jun 4th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I find surprising there wasnt Tati cheering thread in the Brimingham forum :confused: So I have created one: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=170143
Please fell free to add your post! :angel:
:toothy: ALLEZ TATI!!!! :toothy:

selyoink
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:05 AM
Until Molik she has a really easy draw. Hope she can take advantage of it.

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Likhovtseva withdrew so we have new draw... now Tati will have easy matches until semis where she'll probably play against Orgasmpova :rolleyes:

http://www.wtatour.com/global/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=/global/Pdfs/events/2005/birmingham_draws.pdf

5 GOLOVIN Tatiana FRA vs bye
GRANDIN Natalie RSA vs CERVANOVA Ludmila
FUJIWARA Rika JPN vs JIDKOVA Alina RUS
OBATA Saori JPN vs VENTO-KABCHI Maria VEN Umpire

12 LINETSKAYA Evgenia RUS vs SPEARS Abigail USA
CHAKVETADZE Anna RUS vs SANCHEZ LORENZO Maria ESP Umpire
WEINGARTNER Marlene GER vs TU Meilen USA Final Winner
6 ASAGOE Shinobu JPN vs bye

ZAK
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:53 PM
This draw is easier then the other one to get to the semi-finals, but now Sharapova comes sooner :mad:

martirogi
Jun 5th, 2005, 09:52 PM
:smash:

yukon145
Jun 6th, 2005, 12:37 AM
hell it doesn't matter who Tati plays, just win!

selyoink
Jun 6th, 2005, 04:39 AM
She would probably have to beat Sharapova either way so I don't see the big deal about having to take her out a round earlier.

AK-DH Fan
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:16 AM
I'm glad she's other side of the draw, now she doesn't have to face to Dani, but Masha instead( like Niktorules said she would have to face Maria at one point or another)

wurzelman
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Well whatever happens I'm sure Tati will do well.

martirogi
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:56 PM
hmm seems like people are expecting a lot of tati at this tourney. you know that means she'll lose first round. :tape: :sad:

ZAK
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:58 PM
hmm seems like people are expecting a lot of tati at this tourney. you know that means she'll lose first round. :tape: :sad:

Yeah you'd think we'd have learned by now :tape:

selyoink
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:39 AM
I won't be too upset if she loses first round. I just want her to do well at Wimbledon. I'm hoping for Quarterfinals.

wurzelman
Jun 7th, 2005, 08:05 PM

I suppose so, but she has done well before when we all said we expected to do OK. I thought she got a bye from the 1st round so at least she won't go out at this stage. :)

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 7th, 2005, 09:17 PM
she plays Grandin (who just won her first WTA match ever :o ) tomorrow... if she loses she should retire, seriously...

Centre Court (from 11.00hrs)
1. Golovin vs. Grandin
2. Granville vs. Molik
3. Sequera vs. Baltacha
4. Hantuchova vs. Parra Santonja
5. Janes/Keothavong vs. McShea/Sequera (NB 16.00hrs)

best of luck Tati move her around the court!!!! (apparently this girl has weight problems ala Casanova :sad:)

AK-DH Fan
Jun 7th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Good Luck Tati

wurzelman
Jun 7th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Crush her Tati

martirogi
Jun 7th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Crush her Tati

yes!!!! strangle her love and love. punch her out. do it like this :smash: :smash: :smash:

wurzelman
Jun 8th, 2005, 12:50 AM
yes!!!! strangle her love and love. punch her out. do it like this :smash: :smash: :smash:
Hahaha. AND then :boxing: :devil:

yukon145
Jun 8th, 2005, 02:10 AM

hahahahhahah! :lol: good luck Tati, kick her ass.

selyoink
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Good luck Tati. Seeing as how I have no clue who Grandin is I expect Tati to pick up an easy win. I hope she doesn't disappoint.

rseto
Jun 8th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Tati won 6-4 7-5 against Grandin. This was a bit closer than I thought it would be. Next match is against the winner of Fujiwara and Vento-Kabchi. Good luck!

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 8th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Tati was down 1-3 in the second, then got up 5-3. good match Tati! :) Grandin is a good volleyer, and Tati has problems with this type of players.

selyoink
Jun 8th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I'm glad Tati won but it was closer than I expected. All that matters is she prevailed.

AK-DH Fan
Jun 8th, 2005, 07:08 PM
I'm glad Tati won but it was closer than I expected. All that matters is she prevailed.

True. Glad shes into the third round :) Who's next

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 8th, 2005, 08:51 PM
what Tati said after the match:

“I did well here last year, so I want to do well again, plus it is great preparation for Wimbledon,” said Golovin. “Today was a tough match. She knew how to play on grass, so I’m really glad to get through.”

http://birmingham.lta.org.uk/News/050608DFSday3.htm

ZAK
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:07 PM
A tough win! But with all the seeds losing today, it makes me appreciate Tati getting through :D

rseto
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:34 PM
I found this quote funny and interesting.

``I like the grass very much -- if you give the ball a good hit, it doesn't come back,'' Golovin said. ``I just need a little more time to get used to it, and then I will be perfect for Wimbledon.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-birmingham&prov=ap&type=lgns

I guess I won't be expecting a FO win. :) Good luck in the 3rd round!

yukon145
Jun 9th, 2005, 01:32 AM
nice win Tati, good luck tomorrow.

Vaidisova
Jun 9th, 2005, 02:42 AM
Good luck in your next match Tati! :D

selyoink
Jun 9th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Good luck tomorrow Tati. I hope to be following the match in the live scoring thread.

rseto
Jun 9th, 2005, 06:25 PM
tati won 6-4, 6-4 over fujiwara. i got a little worried when she couldn't serve out at 5-2 but she eventually did at 5-4.

chakvetadze is next. get ready for a tougher opponent, tati. :)

martirogi
Jun 9th, 2005, 06:27 PM
i thought fujiwara would be tough on grass so good win for tati :yeah:

selyoink
Jun 9th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I'm so glad Tati got the win. If she had choked I would have been quite upset.

She should be able to get past Chakvetadze. Hope she can.

AK-DH Fan
Jun 9th, 2005, 07:10 PM
I don't know of any these players she's playing. Anybody know anything about Chakvetadze(geez how do u pronounce that lol).

Glad she didn't choke aswell, she had a good lead and almost let it slip away. So now she's in the quarters. Good luck against whoever :confused:

HTE
Jun 9th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Good win Tati :yeah:

well AK-DH Fan Chakvetadze is another fast rising Russian right now 44 in the world and climbing :)

http://www.wtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/playerbio.asp?PlayerID=310623

AK-DH Fan
Jun 9th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Good win Tati :yeah:

well AK-DH Fan Chakvetadze is another fast rising Russian right now 44 in the world and climbing :)

http://www.wtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/playerbio.asp?PlayerID=310623

Thanx for the info:) Looks like a player to watch out for

martirogi
Jun 9th, 2005, 07:46 PM
she beat myskina at uso last year and has had good results all season so for sure this is no easy player for tati. if she has an off day she'll be going home, but im confident she can keep improving her play each rd.

vamos tatix :banana: :banana: :banana:

ZAK
Jun 9th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Keep going Tati! :D

ZAK
Jun 9th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Tatiana Golovin from France, the 5th seed, also moved into the quarter-finals beating the unseeded Rika Fujiwara of Japan 6-4 6-4, after aggravating her injured right ankle in practice yesterday.

“Today was really tough,” said Golovin. “My right ankle is really bad, plus my foot is sore, so I couldn’t even put my shoe on this morning. Today was just a really painful match.”

:sad:

selyoink
Jun 9th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Geez sounds like her ankle injury is more serious than we thought. I hope she can finish this tournament without injuring it further. I want her fully healthy for a deep run at Wimbledon.

yukon145
Jun 9th, 2005, 09:39 PM
damn, i thought the ankle was getting better. Tati has had really bad luck with injuries/illness before the grand slams this year. i hope shes ok for Wimbledon.

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 10th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Tatiana Golovin vs Rika Fujiwara
not a good match at all :o
Tati just pummelled Rika and should have won easier but she rather messed up at 5-2 in both sets. Tatiana was spraying ball all over the place too but her FH did the major damage......

yukon145
Jun 10th, 2005, 03:03 PM
i dont think theboiledegg likes Tati anyways. at least her forehand was firing. good luck today Tati!

selyoink
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Tati defeats Anna Chakvetadze 6-4, 7-6(7-3).

She down 4-1 in the second set before storming back to get the win.

She is in for a tough match against Maria tomorrow. I don't like her chances.

HTE
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:44 PM
good win Tati :)

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:47 PM
wow I'm quite surprised she finished it in 2!!!! I was a bit scared usually she loses against other teenagers, I guess she loves grass so much to lose against Anna ;)

best of luck against Orgasmpova!!!! :devil: Allez mademoiselle hot pants! ;)

rseto
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:59 PM
good win tati! i also thought it was going to 3 sets.

why is birmingham the only place where tati and sharapova meet? anyway, i like tati's chances of winning more now than i did at the beginning of the week. maria has had to go 3 sets in her last 2 matches. i also like the way tati came back in the 2nd set today. good luck tati!

AK-DH Fan
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Looks like it was a tough match. Good to know she wasn't pushed to 3. I don't know how her ankle would've reacted. But a good win none the less. I doesn't seem (in this tourny) that she's playing her best, but she's getting thru in straights- which is a good sign.

As for tomorrow. Good luck Tati!!! She's really gonna have to be on her game. Knowing that Maria has dropped sets to get to this semi and that Tati hasn't, that's a plus, but the only thing is Masha's managed to win the 3rd easily. I just hope Tati comes out ready to play :)

am13
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Allez Tatiana, tu peux le faire - you can do it !!!

martirogi
Jun 10th, 2005, 08:31 PM
masha is tati's archenemy

:smash: kill her :smash::smash:

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 10th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Next up for Sharapova will be last year's runner-up and No.5 seed Tatiana Golovin, who overcame a 4-1 second set deficit to prevail 64 76(3) in one hour and 32 minutes over 44th-ranked Russian teenager Anna Chakvetadze. Golovin showed nerves of steel in the first set, saving seven of eight break points against her, capitalizing on two of her own opportunities to go up a break and take the set. She trailed a break early on in the second set, but fought back and eventually took control in the tie-break to reach her fourth semifinal of the season, her first since Charleston in April.

“I’m looking forward to a good match,” said the French teenager on her semifinal showdown with Sharapova. “We haven’t played each other since here last year, but we played so many times when we were younger that we know each others games so well.”

Golovin also became one of just two players to reach semifinals on all four surfaces this year. She was a semifinalist at Gold Coast on hard court, at Paris [Indoors] on indoor carpet, on the clay at Charleston, and now on grass at the DFS Classic. Sharapova has also graced at least the semifinals on all four surfaces.

:)...

ZAK
Jun 11th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Go Tati!!! :worship:

rseto
Jun 11th, 2005, 04:07 PM
tati lost 7-5 6-1 to sharapova. she lost a long service game at 6-5 and then it looks like it went downhill from there.

this was a good tournament for her, though. hope she's close to 100% fit to make a deep wimbledon run.

ZAK
Jun 11th, 2005, 04:16 PM
All things considered (her ankle problems), this is really the best I could've expected her to do. Overall a nice tournament :D. So far in her career, her only loses on grass have come to Sharapova and Serena.

AK-DH Fan
Jun 11th, 2005, 04:45 PM
All things considered (her ankle problems), this is really the best I could've expected her to do. Overall a nice tournament :D. So far in her career, her only loses on grass have come to Sharapova and Serena.

I agree. I'm happy with this result. She did what she was "supposed to do" in this tournament- by beating players ranked below her. She should feal confident going after this week, regardless of the score

HTE
Jun 11th, 2005, 04:57 PM
tb Tati, now get some rest before Wimledon :)

ZAK
Jun 11th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Golovin put in a brave performance against a background of injury worries that includes a twisted ankle and an infection in a cut on her right foot.

“It held up pretty well in the first set, but at the start of the second set I slipped and the bandages fell off,” said the French star. “It was a pretty good first set that could have gone either way, and that gives me hope for Wimbledon. It’s a really cute tournament so you’ll definitely see me coming back here for the next couple of years.”

martirogi
Jun 11th, 2005, 09:38 PM
i think tati is the first person in history to call a tournament cute.

she's so cute. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

AK-DH Fan
Jun 11th, 2005, 10:44 PM
I know, I was gonna say that :lol:

yukon145
Jun 11th, 2005, 11:41 PM
nice week Tati, get some rest now.

selyoink
Jun 12th, 2005, 05:29 AM
I hope her ankle and infection can heal quickly.

Tati is so adorable.

Not to mention insanely hot.

wurzelman
Jun 12th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I was there on Friday, and I saw Tati vs. Anna C. I was very pleased with the way she started going 3-0 up. She looked really focussed, so much so when she dropped the ball she just made the ball kid pick it up. :( But at 5-4 of the first set she really mucked up her serves. I know she is a choker but I was really surprised, especially with the number of double faults. Although when she got her first serve in it was very powerful. Then she looked to be outplayed at the start of the 2nd, with Anna hitting lots of winners despite Tati moving quite well. I left when she went 4-1 down, but I was really happy when I found out she had won. :D :D :D One of her ankles was strapped which was concerning.
Earlier she was knocking up with Maria Kirilenko, but Brad Gilbert was not there. She also has the most amazing tan ever. :drool: :hearts:
Great tourney Tati, and I hope she gets better to play well at Wimbly. :worship: