PDA

View Full Version : Pierce dfts Zvonereva 7-6(2) 7-5

rsunderji
May 27th, 2005, 07:17 PM
wow what fight she showed, and the fans were going nuts over her! good luck on Sunday against patty, go mary!

Declan
May 27th, 2005, 10:20 PM
I really feel Mary can -indeed, should -beat Patty!! She seems to be really on form, playing in her favourite tournament!

But a couple of complaints: Eurosport haven't shown a single point of today's match in their news programmes tonight. And the official Roland Garros website has had no Mary interviews yet the whole tournament...WHY?!!

sebbe
May 27th, 2005, 10:44 PM
I really feel Mary can -indeed, should -beat Patty!! She seems to be really on form, playing in her favourite tournament!

But a couple of complaints: Eurosport haven't shown a single point of today's match in their news programmes tonight. And the official Roland Garros website has had no Mary interviews yet the whole tournament...WHY?!!

They showed a couple of points in the french randez-vous....
and they also showed first set earlier this evening

aimee20
May 28th, 2005, 01:06 AM
i watched her from the first set being led 5-3 and the terrific comeback. :D
and although she said she is now playing better than her glorious day in 00.
but I'm not convincing by her form today. she has made many stunning shots.
but too many unforced error as well. she did nothing much on the return and a bit of hesitation and nervous.
i would say she's more like the old version of hers in 97-98 but what is obviously improved is her net play and her power. her forehand is sooo huge. :eek: once she get the chance to hit she just fire it away.
the people at the pub ( i was at the pub) who's rooting for vera were like "oops" or "shit" everytime mary got the short ball and aim for winner. they knew that she's gonna hit big and vera would lose the point. :yeah:
we are all having fun watching this match.

Declan
May 28th, 2005, 04:49 AM
But hey... MARY WON A TIE-BREAK!!!!!!

Wizzy Maryfan
May 28th, 2005, 10:45 AM
But hey... MARY WON A TIE-BREAK!!!!!!

Yes you're right !

THAT'S AWESOME !!!

I was so sad when she didn't break at 5 games all, and then 0-2 in the tiebreaks !!!
But she seems to love to be led in tie breaks (remember Koukalova in S Hertogenbosch ...) to finish by winning them !

A good Mary, a good tennis, a good Vera (she didn't cry all her tears, she stayed focus and agressive ! Not a bad Vera !), a good crowd "Je t'aime Mary" or "T'es la plus belle !" :lol: Too good :hearts:

Hope Mary will be able to play her tennis and beat Patty ... :lick:

saby
May 28th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I watched Mary and I'm very impress about her match and her mental, I read an article,

Mary said she's in a good shape but she's feeling something strange.
For 5 years she has been playing with "somebody else's body" she's now trying to play with her new "old" body, she's moving herself faster, hitting the ball very hard like before and she needs times to get used to it.

Yesterday Guy Forget confirmed that Mary was the player who's hitting the ball the most stronger, and today during Dechy's match he talked about Fed cup, and he said Nathalie played single because Mary and Amelie was injured, (Nathalie hates clay).

The crowd was great with Mary, and Vera didn't appreciate it I think ....
At least now she will know that she better be nice when she plays a french player, the crowd didn't appreciate the reaction she had against the ball boy... and she heard it.
Like Wizzy said, some guys screamed to Mary, would you marry me, or I love you, it was funny and Mary appreciated it.

Mark Spruce
May 28th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Thank you Saby for that piece.

I am so glad that the crowd as so much with Mary. They help her so much right now I think.

Hi Saby if I was one of the boys there, I am sure that I might have screamed something like that LOL

Mark

saby
May 28th, 2005, 10:48 PM
you are to shy to do that Mark LOL

manu32
May 29th, 2005, 01:11 AM
in this france to think you are better than mauresmo because your game is offensive,no moonballs,two GS...etc......and thats a good thing you can proove it today because they need to see reality......mauresmo never win a gs and always was a defensive player.....good luck mary and thanks for giving to france un offensive play......moonballs are the end of tennis......
le plaisir est à ce prix.......

MaryPierceFan
May 29th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Go girl! You can do it!

rsunderji
May 29th, 2005, 12:35 PM
good luck mary! I hope they show this on espn or nbc later on on tape delay. are they showing the mach over on eurosport?