PDA

View Full Version : Frazier, Amy def Shaughessy, Meghann 75 57 75

*Jean*
May 24th, 2005, 04:51 PM
What a match yesterday ... :eek:
Good match of Meghann but Amy was better in the important moments ...

VRee_Willario
May 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Amy!!! :D There were excatly same amount of errors and winners in this match

Mase
May 24th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Way to fight it out AMY!!!

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 24th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Amy almost completely choked the match away. She served for the match at 5-4 in the second and tossed in three double faults:rolleyes: , then went up 3-0 in the third and Shaughnessy leveled it to 3-3. I'm glad Amy held her serve down 4-5 in the third and won the next two games! GREAT win for her!!

She's got a wonderful shot to reach the fourth round, something she hasn't done in sixteen appearances at Roland Garros. Next up is Loit in the second round, then either Gagliardi or Lorenzo in the third round, who she has a 3-0 record against.

For the record, I think ESPN and the general tennis public are slowly taking notice of Amy's longetivity on tour. They actually showed a few points of the match yesterday:eek: She's on the grandstand as well tomorrow, and I wouldn't be surprised if they showed some of it.

urklerlay
May 24th, 2005, 06:19 PM
too bad for meghann....she is having a rough time right now. hopefully she and nadia will do well in dubs (assuming they are playing together, I have not seen the draw).

DevilishAttitude
May 24th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Pretty much Amy's best win of the year :) She really should now reach the 4th Round. Loit lost easily in France last year to a similar player in Zheng and is still in unimpressive form. Sanchez Lorenzo was gifted the win yesterday and Galigardi is just a player to make up numbers in slams.

CoryAnnAvants#1 Amy only went 2-0 in the 3rd and held to love when serving out at 6-5 ;)

Huge chance for some needy points for Amy :D :p

brunof
May 24th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Amy almost completely choked the match away. She served for the match at 5-4 in the second and tossed in three double faults:rolleyes: , then went up 3-0 in the third and Shaughnessy leveled it to 3-3. I'm glad Amy held her serve down 4-5 in the third and won the next two games! GREAT win for her!!

She's got a wonderful shot to reach the fourth round, something she hasn't done in sixteen appearances at Roland Garros. Next up is Loit in the second round, then either Gagliardi or Lorenzo in the third round, who she has a 3-0 record against.

For the record, I think ESPN and the general tennis public are slowly taking notice of Amy's longetivity on tour. They actually showed a few points of the match yesterday:eek: She's on the grandstand as well tomorrow, and I wouldn't be surprised if they showed some of it.

Dammit, and I missed it? Grrr! I wouldn't suprise me if they show the Ginepri bagel highlights, but to show Amy (:eek:), all I can say is FINALLY! Go Amy! :D

Jakeev
May 24th, 2005, 06:39 PM

It's Amy's 65th Grand Slam appearance. That alone is amazing to me. I also think she has a great chance against Emilie tomorrow too.

Although the crowd will be for Loit, I think the French actually have a degree of respect for Frazier so I don't think that will be a major factor.

frenchie
May 24th, 2005, 07:39 PM
I saw the entire match (it was the last one)
Amy is so sweet. It's not a legend that she says "thanks" to the ballboys, I noticed it.
Amy's strokes are very very flat and quite powerful, she smacked a lot of winners especially driving volleys.
Meghann was not as impressive, sometimes I thought I could beat her!. I'm sorry but her backhand is s**t. It was funny because I was sitting near her coach and he was SO nervous. He constantly shouted and said "vamos" or "you can do it!"...
At the end of the match Meghann destroyed her racket. Everybody wanted Amy's autograph: she was very nice as everyone congratulated her.

Good luck Amy! Break your French Open record

faboozadoo15
May 24th, 2005, 07:44 PM
thx for the report frenchie!
amy is so much fun to watch as there's no discernable difference between her first and second serves, she hits the ball amazingly early, moves surprisingly well, is so respectful and respected, wears funny vsiors, and has a really fun return game to watch.

get ready for loit!

Geisha
May 24th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I think if Amy didn't hit her shots so flat, she would be a lot more successful. But, I've always loved her! She is an amazing girl and really, really nice. She is so kind.

Nice to see her advance! :) Great win! :up:

faboozadoo15
May 24th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I think if Amy didn't hit her shots so flat, she would be a lot more successful. But, I've always loved her! She is an amazing girl and really, really nice. She is so kind.

Nice to see her advance! :) Great win! :up:
but then again, maybe if her shots were very spinny, she would have no power and would hardly win. she has at times been successful playing the way she has. her serve needs more spin... thats for sure, and she never really had good fitness. if she had fitness ad a serve, then she would have been a great player throughout her career.

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 24th, 2005, 08:01 PM
but then again, maybe if her shots were very spinny, she would have no power and would hardly win. she has at times been successful playing the way she has. her serve needs more spin... thats for sure, and she never really had good fitness. if she had fitness ad a serve, then she would have been a great player throughout her career.

I totally agree. I think Amy's over-friendliness is part of the problem. She lacks that killer instinct to completely push herself in practice and do whatever it takes to reach the top. All of last year she kept pushing top players to the edge, but could never actually break through with a win. She did that only once against Myskina.

She's always said she plays tennis because she loves it, and that it just sort of worked out that she gets to do it for a living, which she says is the luckiest thing ever and she's so grateful for it. I don't really see her retiring anytime soon to be honest. She still loves to play and loves to travel, and is still a top 40 player after all these year.

jimbo mack
May 24th, 2005, 09:41 PM
amy frazier

65 slams :worship: :worship:

GoSandrine
May 24th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Terrific win :woohoo:

Casper the Friendly Ghost triumphs again :yippee:;)

Keep going Amy :kiss:

yukon145
May 25th, 2005, 12:20 AM
good luck Amy