PDA

View Full Version : Love Andre but why are they not showing Amelie?

harloo
May 24th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Cmon now, I love Andre and all but ESPN2 cuts coverage of a live match to show Andre's post match interview.:rolleyes: I mean everyone knows he was injured, why does ESPN have to show this while tennis is going on?:o :mad:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 24th, 2005, 03:32 PM
I was just about the post the same thing. I love Andre, but his monotone voice is really irritating to hear knowing there's a match with a top 10 player going on.

Wta_Spider
May 24th, 2005, 03:32 PM
why they will show amelie ...she will win in 2 Boring SETS

No one wants to see her.

Cybelle Darkholme
May 24th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Its really criminal what they are doing. They are showing a freaking interview with a loser rather than a live tennis match.

WTF!

HE LOST! ITs OVER! We have moved on and don't want to hear his thoughts. have him cry it out with Babs Walters and save us the drama. THIS SHOULD BE TIME FOR TENNIS NOT TALK.

Wta_Spider
May 24th, 2005, 03:37 PM
AMELIE will win...follow live scoreboard ...Match will be over in 15 mins.

Cariaoke
May 24th, 2005, 03:37 PM
They could have shown about 5 mins of it. He said he's not throwing in the towel yet so show Amelie.

auntie janie
May 24th, 2005, 03:38 PM
They are airing AA's interview live, with the thought that it may be the last we see of this wonderful player. At his age, they always worry that each match could be his last. I understand this choice. It's not like they broke away from a semifinal match tied at 67 76 5-all.

Spunky83
May 24th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I am not a fan of either Andre nor Amelie but don´t you think that a lot of american tennis viewers want to know if the currently most famous male american tennis player is doing alright with his injury?

tterb
May 24th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Its really criminal what they are doing. They are showing a freaking interview with a loser rather than a live tennis match.

WTF!

HE LOST! ITs OVER! We have moved on and don't want to hear his thoughts. have him cry it out with Babs Walters and save us the drama. THIS SHOULD BE TIME FOR TENNIS NOT TALK.

And the worst part is hearing the same questions asked OVER and OVER again. It's like they expected him to announce a retirement in this interview, and just kept on grilling him. As if that would be huge news anyway... Duh, people, he's old, his body won't hold up as well as it used to. Why do we need to hear him talk about it for over 5 minutes?

It'd be worth covering if he announced his retirement right there, but once it was clear that wasn't going to happen... why continue showing the interview? There were just some very redundant questions.

Spunky83
May 24th, 2005, 03:41 PM
why they will show amelie ...she will win in 2 Boring SETS

No one wants to see her.

:lol: cool, that was fast (thx editor!;))...now that´s politically correct!

Calm down people...there are probably still three games to go :)

Helen Lawson
May 24th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Hon, Amelie could be doing a topless striptease while tip-toeing along the top of the net in a tutu, but if Andre's playing, then ESPN will show Andre.

Plus, Amelie is beating that other girl pretty handily, so it's probably a crap match anyway.

Cybelle Darkholme
May 24th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Hon, Amelie could be doing a topless striptease while tip-toeing along the top of the net in a tutu, but if Andre's playing, then ESPN will show Andre.

Plus, Amelie is beating that other girl pretty handily, so it's probably a crap match anyway.
What is worse is that ESPN will probably show Andre's match again even though he lost instead of live tennis or a match on tape that they did not air.

¤CharlDa¤
May 24th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Perfect thread for it..Was I the only one who couldn't concentrate on what Andre was saying but was fixed at looking at that strange white thing on his chin? :p

harloo
May 24th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Oh lord, now that they finally start showing the match. MJF is talking about Andre like she is hott for him.

I am a big fan of Andre but this is so silly. He was injured, and his post match interview is taped so they could show it later on.

Cybelle Darkholme
May 24th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Steffi should make her way to that booth and slap her.

auntie janie
May 24th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Perfect thread for it..Was I the only one who couldn't concentrate on what Andre was saying but was fixed at looking at that strange white thing on his chin? :p

:lol:

Yep, I also stared at that thread from a towel. Don't know why no one pointed it out to him so he could remove it! :cool:

Helen Lawson
May 24th, 2005, 03:57 PM
That Mary Joe is such a suck-up. John Wayne Gacy could be playing out there and she'd be cooing about him!

manu32
May 24th, 2005, 07:10 PM
on french tv we have a different problem.......only french players to see all of the day and impossible to see andré or others players...

WhatTheDeuce
May 24th, 2005, 07:12 PM
It was fine to show his press conference during Amelie's painfully boring drubbing, for many obvious reasons.

Though it was completely retarded to 1) keep showing Andre's tank job while Sharapova was in a third set struggle and 2) to replay Andre's match during the last hour of coverage as opposed to replaying something that had previously been broadcasted on ESPN Classic (since not all ESPN2 viewers get that channel, and most of them probably werent even up early enough)

Stupid ESPN. :retard:

Meesh
May 24th, 2005, 08:07 PM
What is worse is that ESPN will probably show Andre's match again even though he lost instead of live tennis or a match on tape that they did not air.

:lol: You called. Andre again for the last hour of their ESPN2 coverage. Unreal. I'm glad they showed the interview live though... but they could of cut it short. Same questions over and over.

:topic: SOMEONE PLEASE HIRE BRAD GILBERT AS YOUR COACH so we don't have to see him on ESPN... PLEASE...

ezekiel
May 24th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Was it just me or was Andre drooling?
He had something on his chin and it looked really awkward. I couldn't stop staring at it :eek:

Cariaoke
May 24th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Well, I guess the good thing is that we'll only see them kissing Andy's ass.

decemberlove
May 24th, 2005, 08:37 PM
i'm pretty happy with espn coverage so far. it's understandable that they would show andre... it was a huge upset. he could barely fucking walk...

it's much better watching it on tivo, rather than live.