PDA

View Full Version : Serena doesn't play again until Wimbledon??

Sinnet
May 22nd, 2005, 09:45 PM
All right..

According to Serena's website/schedule, her next event is Wimbledon. Something tells me this is poor planning, considering she hasn't really gotten any matches in a tournament since MIAMI. If she wants to stand a chance against ANYONE at Wimbledon, I'd suggest she rework her schedule so that she plays in some sort of tournament (big or not) BEFORE Wimbledon.

I was really thinking 2005 would be the year that Serena wins two or three or even four slams... but judging by her level right now, it looks like the Aussie will be the only slam she takes this year, unless she can somehow manage to stay healthy and start winning the matches she SHOULD be winning.

Angel_Mars
May 22nd, 2005, 09:51 PM
All right..

According to Serena's website/schedule, her next event is Wimbledon. Something tells me this is poor planning, considering she hasn't really gotten any matches in a tournament since MIAMI. If she wants to stand a chance against ANYONE at Wimbledon, I'd suggest she rework her schedule so that she plays in some sort of tournament (big or not) BEFORE Wimbledon.

I was really thinking 2005 would be the year that Serena wins two or three or even four slams... but judging by her level right now, it looks like the Aussie will be the only slam she takes this year, unless she can somehow manage to stay healthy and start winning the matches she SHOULD be winning.

I think that's unbelievable considering the lack of consistent match play she would have entering into Wimbledon.................... I think it would be very hard for her to walk in and win after such a long stretch without lots of matches..........

Sinnet
May 22nd, 2005, 09:54 PM
I think that's unbelievable considering the lack of consistent match play she would have entering into Wimbledon.................... I think it would be very hard for her to walk in and win after such a long stretch without lots of matches..........

I agree, and it may be early, but I'll say it now: If Serena doesn't play some sort of tournmanent/event between now and Wimbledon, she won't make it past the quarters. I'm definitely seeing Sharapova defending her title this year.

harloo
May 22nd, 2005, 09:55 PM
All right..

It looks like you are making a mountain out of a moehill. Serena has won Wimbledon before without a warmup.

The most important thing for Serena is her training and fitness level. She has never had a problem playing her way into a big tournament without a warm up when prepared. Now if she is not training or practicing at all, then the same thing that happened in Miami will happen again.

Their is no need to worry.;)

Andrew.
May 22nd, 2005, 09:58 PM
It's grass. If Serena gives zero effort, she still makes at least the semis.

volta
May 22nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
Rena and Vee never play tournaments before Wimbledon they never play warm up tournamenst still look how many titles and good results they have there. btw RG and Wimbledon they never play

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 22nd, 2005, 10:29 PM
As long as that ankle is okay, Serena will be at Wimbledon and will do well.

Angel_Mars
May 22nd, 2005, 10:34 PM
Rena and Vee never play tournaments before Wimbledon they never play warm up tournamenst still look how many titles and good results they have there. btw RG and Wimbledon they never play

But Serena isn't even playing RG, and her last tournament was Rome where she went out early, that's less playing than usual, even for her........

volta
May 22nd, 2005, 10:42 PM
But Serena isn't even playing RG, and her last tournament was Rome where she went out early, that's less playing than usual, even for her........
yeah but hopefully she will do fine or get into one warm up tournament before Wimbledon

Veenut
May 24th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Don't worry about warm up. If you follow Serena's playing habits you will know that she doesn't rely on warm-ups to win majors. She had no warm ups for the AO and she never played before Wimbledon and she was a finalist for three consecutive years. The concern is not about match play but her health and fitness. If that is good, then she is quite capable of making the finals again.