PDA

View Full Version : Myskina Reveals her Personal Problems to the Press

AlexB
May 22nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=URI:urn:newsml:reuters.com:20050522:MTFH89 714_2005-05-22_15-10-40_SHI252746:1

forget tennis, say a prayer for her family

JenFan75
May 22nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
:sad: Poor Nastya

Best wished to your family...especially your mom

_LuCaS_
May 22nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Sad, hope it's not cancer...the Russian sources suggest some heart condition :unsure:

RenaSlam.
May 22nd, 2005, 10:44 PM
Best wishes for Nastya and her family.

Spunky83
May 22nd, 2005, 10:46 PM
Couldnīt believe that so many posters around here just believed that her problem is related to tennis. Some...a lot of things are just more important than that.

Hope everything will be fine...come on, Nastya!!!

SJW
May 22nd, 2005, 10:47 PM
Nastya :hug: i hope ur mom gets better. best of luck at RG

Spunky83
May 22nd, 2005, 10:49 PM
Sad, hope it's not cancer...the Russian sources suggest some heart condition :unsure:

OMG...the reason why she decided to tell the press was because of all the rumours which were going around (anorexia, depression...and so on). Now there are rumours about the specific illness about her mother? This is sad enough.

Jericho
May 22nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
Couldnīt believe that so many posters around here just believed that her problem is related to tennis. Some...a lot of things are just more important than that.

so true...there are so many more important things than tennis.

Stay strong Nastya, hoope everything works out.

sinterklaasje
:sad:
I hope your mom gets better soon, Nastya

Yak
Believe in yourself Nastya :kiss: You can do it :yeah:

Hope her mom gets well soon :sad:

Shenanigans
That's sad :sad: hope everything will be okay.

GoSandrine
May 22nd, 2005, 10:56 PM

Hope everything will be fine...come on, Nastya!!!

Agreed...

We should all consider this before we start bashing our faves when they lose.

Nastya :hug:

Knizzle
May 22nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Stay strong Myskina, looks like she is ready to let the pain go and feel better on and off the court.

JPrince
May 22nd, 2005, 11:15 PM
Aww! That's terrible! I hope her mom is alright! It's sad to see she feels compelled as a tennis player to keep on playing despite this illness that has befallen on her mother. She needs to understand that life is not all about tennis and family comes first before anything. I guess that's the pressures of being a professional tennis player though. Perhaps she should take some time off and be with her mom. Hope all goes well for you Anastasia!

Dawn Marie
May 22nd, 2005, 11:23 PM
praying for the best and that her mother is pain free.

blumaroo
May 22nd, 2005, 11:26 PM
Wish her and her mom all the best and speedy recovery

GogoGirl
May 22nd, 2005, 11:33 PM
Hey All,

I too am praying for Myskina, and hope she is coping as well as she can. I pray her mother is on the mend. I lost mine in Sept. 2003. There is no other love as strong as one's mother's - if one is blessed and lucky. They continue to love you regardless of your flaws and faults.

vettipooh
May 22nd, 2005, 11:39 PM
Stay strong, Nastya. Hope she has a supportive family to get her thru this. just goes to show how vulnerable we all are. She asked the press to leave her alone on this matter....Hope they respect her wishes. So many tradegies....so little time. Continuous prayers and get well wishes for her Mom.

Buitenzorg
May 22nd, 2005, 11:52 PM
Best Wishes for your mum ;)

Clai
May 22nd, 2005, 11:54 PM
I hope your mum gets well fast Nastya!

Almalyk
May 23rd, 2005, 12:10 AM
Wishing a quick recovery for Nastya's mum!

volta
May 23rd, 2005, 12:11 AM
now we know whay those poor results :sad:

best wishes to ur mom Nastya

JLDementieva
May 23rd, 2005, 12:14 AM
aww Nastya :hug: :sad: Hang in there girl! I hope the best for you and your mom!

tenn_ace
May 23rd, 2005, 01:24 AM
Nastya :sad:

my best wishes to your mom

azinna
May 23rd, 2005, 01:31 AM
Very saddened by this news. Hope she finds a way to fulfill her own wish: just to be happy.

*JR*
May 23rd, 2005, 01:48 AM
Aww! That's terrible! I hope her mom is alright! It's sad to see she feels compelled as a tennis player to keep on playing despite this illness that has befallen on her mother. She needs to understand that life is not all about tennis and family comes first before anything. I guess that's the pressures of being a professional tennis player though. Perhaps she should take some time off and be with her mom. Hope all goes well for you Anastasia!
Her mother might not want everyone in the family hanging around like she's about to die any minute. And even a terminal illness (if it is one) can involve a long-term deterioration.

Also, she might specifically want her daughter to play RG. What "works" for one person may not for another. I hope things turn out as well as possible for them regarding this situation.

Shoulderpova
May 23rd, 2005, 02:13 AM
Nastya :hug: :smooch:

wateva
May 23rd, 2005, 02:21 AM
poor nastya... at least u got it off your chest. daniela revealed her personal problems and started playing much better. hopefully u will too! come on nastya! defend your title for ur mum! :)

beauty_is_pink
May 23rd, 2005, 03:05 AM
:awww: Nastya :hug:
hope mommy Myskina gets better...

SzavayFi
May 23rd, 2005, 03:05 AM
iLL be pray for your family nastya :sad:

shnit.
May 23rd, 2005, 03:22 AM
Nastya. :sad: Stay strong.

Dymension
May 24th, 2005, 02:49 PM
very sad for Nastya! :sad:

frenchie
May 24th, 2005, 03:00 PM
This is so sad!

divya
May 24th, 2005, 03:02 PM
poor thing!hopefully she takes some time off to be with her mother so she can deal better that way. and i heard she has a shoulder problem as well, maybe she could rest it.

manu32
May 24th, 2005, 08:16 PM
so sad

Denise4925
May 24th, 2005, 08:24 PM
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=URI:urn:newsml:reuters.com:20050522:MTFH89 714_2005-05-22_15-10-40_SHI252746:1

forget tennis, say a prayer for her family
Poor Ana :sad: . I really like Ana and was hoping she did better, but now I understand what's been going on with her. Prayers out to her and her family.

Dawn Marie
May 24th, 2005, 09:53 PM
I also wish the commentators would stop saying that she should take a break. That was making me mad yesterday. It is easy to say go home and take a break.

She may need a break but maybe playing and defending was a way to cope with her personal problems. I am sure her mother would like for her to try to defend rather than have her sitting around with her. Especially since alot of cancer patients like to be left alone and wish to see family go on. Although we all know we are going to be there sitting with our loved ones. Death and Dying is so damn complex.

Maybe she entered (singles and doubles) as a way to cope with the situation. I say cope the way that is best for you.

Spunky83
May 24th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I also wish the commentators would stop saying that she should take a break. That was making me mad yesterday. It is easy to say go home and take a break.

She may need a break but maybe playing and defending was a way to cope with her personal problems. I am sure her mother would like for her to try to defend rather than have her sitting around with her. Especially since alot of cancer patients like to be left alone and wish to see family go on. Although we all know we are going to be there sitting with our loved ones. Death and Dying is so damn complex.

Maybe she entered (singles and doubles) as a way to cope with the situation. I say cope the way that is best for you.

Yeah, actually her mother made her go although she didnīt want to leave. She said she should go and play at least for her....I really donīt wanna know how terrible Nastya must feel now after her defeat (*shaking my head in sadness*)

Dawn Marie
May 24th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Well it takes courage to come and compete when you know your mind and head are not really ready. Especially when it comes to these kind of situations.

fammmmedspin
May 24th, 2005, 10:35 PM

Quite right. The whole point about this sort of situation is that you don't know what to do. You have no control of the situation. You have no control of how and when you react to it. You may not know the outcome and things change. You can't go and take a rest so its stupid of people to say take a break and you can't play well so work is no release and your family are probably telling you to do the one thing you can't do which is try and carry on as normal. Most people manage by living close to and visiting their sick relatives often but being a tennis player playing a global tour is a pretty unique situation and just isn't compatible with being around either generally or if needed. Its a horrible situation and all you can do as you say is muddle through, do your best, try and cope and hope. Just hope Nastya has a big enough and close enough family to help eachother through it.

Pureracket
May 24th, 2005, 10:52 PM
First post on the new page is MINE!

Wombat
May 25th, 2005, 06:46 AM
hope everything is gonna de alright!