PDA

View Full Version : how stupid is espn

dylan24
May 22nd, 2005, 05:17 AM
so i go to espn.com tennis website
and they have a survery
"with serena williams out of the draw, who is your favorite to win?
davenport,mauresmo,msykina,sharapova.

these stupid morons don't even list henin!!!!
who is a huge fav to win RG this year
what a bunch of fucking morons at espn

Rocketta
May 22nd, 2005, 05:36 AM
that's a rhetorical question right? :tape:

darren cahill
May 22nd, 2005, 05:43 AM
so espn was obviously saying if Serena was IN the draw, it was a foregone conclusion that she was the winner?:rolleyes:

ceiling_fan
May 22nd, 2005, 06:37 AM
quite stupid

Venus+Serena#1fan
May 22nd, 2005, 09:44 PM
I've heard more ludacrous things that Serena being the favourite for a tennis tournament, regardless of warmup events......

But yes, Henin should be in the poll, its just a dumb poll anyway...

thesupernova
May 22nd, 2005, 09:52 PM
i think we all know how stupid espn is and for those who dont know, just wait until their coverage for the french open starts. thats when their stupidity will shine its brightest!

JenFan75
May 22nd, 2005, 09:59 PM
ESPN doesn't really care about tennis or actually having an in-depth perception of the game, so I'm not surprised.

Darop.
May 22nd, 2005, 10:01 PM
Wow, interesting.

harloo
May 22nd, 2005, 10:01 PM
ESPN is about ratings. It's just a poll and nothing to get worked up over. You shouldn't let things such as polls effect your mental health.;)

serenafan08
May 22nd, 2005, 10:03 PM
ESPN doesn't really care about tennis or actually having an in-depth perception of the game, so I'm not surprised.
You know, I'm hoping to change that. I'm in college as a journalism major, and I plan to become a sports writer. My dream job would be to write for the tennis section of ESPN. I've played the game for almost eight years and I've been following tennis for even longer, so I know what's going on. Hopefully, if that dream were to come true, you guys will get to see more coverage and analysis of tennis.

Diesel
May 22nd, 2005, 10:11 PM
ESPN is about ratings. It's just a poll and nothing to get worked up over. You shouldn't let things such as polls effect your mental health.;)

:lol: Seriously. What's next? A petition to get names added :confused:

Julia1968
May 22nd, 2005, 10:16 PM

You might have a point. There is a certain fan base in this discussion group that actually writes hate mail to tennis columnists who don't support their queens. Nuts if you ask me.

harloo
May 22nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
You might have a point. There is a certain fan base in this discussion group that actually writes hate mail to tennis columnists who don't support their queens. Nuts if you ask me.

Give it up Jules. Your stalking threads in an attempt to bring the sisters or their fans into any little thing is embarassing. This thread has nothing to do with Williams fans you troll.:lol:

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 22nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
I dont get how lindsay is a fave. She wants to play hardcourt tennis on the clay an has never made it past the semis and has hardly been further than the 4r

Julia1968
May 22nd, 2005, 10:25 PM
Give it up Jules. Your stalking threads in an attempt to bring the sisters or their fans into any little thing is embarassing. This thread has nothing to do with Williams fans you troll.:lol:

Funny you should say that, considering you were the first troll this thread with the "mental" comment. We're all used to it.

Speaking of "mental", its very passive-aggressive to troll a thread, then act like a victim.

harloo
May 22nd, 2005, 10:32 PM
Funny you should say that, considering you were the first troll this thread with the "mental" comment. We're all used to it.

Speaking of "mental", its very passive-aggressive to troll a thread, then act like a victim.

So your interpretation of me making a harmless comment about not letting biased polls effect one's mental help led you to TROLL the williams fans? WTF are you talking about? :lol:

You are so obsessed with sister fans you can't even see straight.:lol: :tape:

JenFan75
May 22nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
You know, I'm hoping to change that. I'm in college as a journalism major, and I plan to become a sports writer. My dream job would be to write for the tennis section of ESPN. I've played the game for almost eight years and I've been following tennis for even longer, so I know what's going on. Hopefully, if that dream were to come true, you guys will get to see more coverage and analysis of tennis.
'

That would be awesome :bounce:

good luck!

Sinnet
May 22nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
What's even dumber is the fact that Serena is even mentioned in that poll.

Had she not withdrawn, she certainly wouldn't be a favorite to win it. Why mention HER in the question? Yeesh. And why mention Myskina? She's done nothing since winning it last year. Can't believe Clijsters, Henin and Venus aren't on there.

Nonethless, it was a poorly-executed poll.

Julia1968
May 22nd, 2005, 10:57 PM
So your interpretation of me making a harmless comment about not letting biased polls effect one's mental help led you to TROLL the williams fans? WTF are you talking about? :lol:

You are so obsessed with sister fans you can't even see straight.:lol: :tape:

Not at all. I wanted to remind you of how upset you all get when the press, or columnist writes something about your queen and how you respond. Which in most cases involves profanity and an email campaign. The lead poster in this thread was voicing their disdain ESPN and you called that "mental".

"Harmless comment"???? Of course you consider it harmless, but if anyone had said anything remotely similar about you, you would call it trolling.

Those types of double standards are glaring.

Sorry, but the "victim" roll you have tried to assume doesn't hold weight here. You were trolling.

harloo
May 22nd, 2005, 11:04 PM
Not at all. I wanted to remind you of how upset you all get when the press, or columnist writes something about your queen and how you respond. Which in most cases involves profanity and an email campaign. The lead poster in this thread was voicing their disdain ESPN and you called that "mental".

"Harmless comment"???? Of course you consider it harmless, but if anyone had said anything remotely similar about you, you would call it trolling.

Sorry, but the "victim" roll you have tried to assume doesn't hold weight here. You were trolling.

This is a random poll stupid, not an article by a respected reporter. And I find that you do nothing but look for any comment a Williams fan make to turn it into an opportunity to bash the sisters or their fans.

My comment was harmless, so get out of this thread trying to start shit. You are just embarassing yourself like always. Everyone knows the only reason you even come to this board is to troll the sisters and their fans.
:rolleyes:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 22nd, 2005, 11:48 PM

You really should stop talking out of your ass so much. It's starting to stink in here. :wavey:

Spunky83
May 22nd, 2005, 11:53 PM
so i go to espn.com tennis website
and they have a survery
"with serena williams out of the draw, who is your favorite to win?
davenport,mauresmo,msykina,sharapova.

these stupid morons don't even list henin!!!!
who is a huge fav to win RG this year
what a bunch of fucking morons at espn

Henin who?

The four players they have listed? :o well...