PDA

View Full Version : Only Serena

icequeen
May 21st, 2005, 01:46 AM
PARIS - The French Open lost some of its luster Friday when former champion Serena Williams pulled out hours before the draw.
advertisement

Williams, who sprained her left ankle in early April, said she still hasn’t recovered enough to play this Grand Slam event, which starts Monday.

“I am very disappointed to be forced to withdraw,” Williams said, according to the WTA. “Roland Garros is a fantastic global event with great fans, and I look forward to participating in next year’s tournament.”

Williams, the 2002 French Open champion, won the Australian Open this year for her seventh Grand Slam title. She was replaced by Russia’s Elena Dementieva as the fourth-seeded player in the draw.

Yep, only Serena can create that buz just read the first sentence.

~CANUCK~
May 21st, 2005, 01:49 AM
PARIS - The French Open lost some of its luster Friday when former champion Serena Williams pulled out hours before the draw.
advertisement

Williams, who sprained her left ankle in early April, said she still hasn’t recovered enough to play this Grand Slam event, which starts Monday.

“I am very disappointed to be forced to withdraw,” Williams said, according to the WTA. “Roland Garros is a fantastic global event with great fans, and I look forward to participating in next year’s tournament.”

Williams, the 2002 French Open champion, won the Australian Open this year for her seventh Grand Slam title. She was replaced by Russia’s Elena Dementieva as the fourth-seeded player in the draw.

Yep, only Serena can create that buz just read the first sentence.
Im sorry but im afraid i don't see how this is unique to serena. Whenever a former champ withdraws from a slam they usually put out a statement like this.

Ryan
May 21st, 2005, 01:51 AM
Maybe they used the word "luster" because she looks like she oils herself before a match?

Pureracket
May 21st, 2005, 02:00 AM
Maybe they used the word "luster" because she looks like she oils herself before a match?Corny as hell. I wonder who your tennis Idol/Idle is.

Ryan
May 21st, 2005, 02:04 AM
Corny as hell. I wonder who your tennis Idol/Idle is.

Thanks. But it wasn't really an insult, just an observation.

icequeen
May 21st, 2005, 02:06 AM
Im sorry but im afraid i don't see how this is unique to serena. Whenever a former champ withdraws from a slam they usually put out a statement like this.

Sorry my dear but I have never heard them use that word "luster" with any other player. Let's face it without Serena in a tournament it is as boring as hell and you know it.

~CANUCK~
May 21st, 2005, 02:10 AM
Sorry my dear but I have never heard them use that word "luster" with any other player. Let's face it without Serena in a tournament it is as boring as hell and you know it.
You are really reaching at that one aren't ya. They use many different words for many different withdrawls this is no different. And RG is far from boring becoz serena pulled out. It would have been more interesting if she played it, but you shouldn't put down the other 128 players in the draw.

RenaSlam.
May 21st, 2005, 02:16 AM
You are really reaching at that one aren't ya. They use many different words for many different withdrawls this is no different. And RG is far from boring becoz serena pulled out. It would have been more interesting if she played it, but you shouldn't put down the other 128 players in the draw.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Fingon
May 21st, 2005, 02:28 AM

it actually looks quite exciting to me, let's not face it ok?

Junex
May 21st, 2005, 03:34 AM

Yes, we all know you haven't because your obssesion of Serena incapacitates you to read other articles written about other stars of the WTA!

and besides, its really funny, is the word "luster" that high profile? :tape:

but i have to give it to you though, Serena is always a big news in any WTA event, and her habit of withdrawing in the last minute is so......expected!

whatever sells honey!....

Angel_Mars
May 21st, 2005, 06:00 AM
Iceshit is just bitter that the French Open second week will be Williamsless. :tape:

"Iceshit"????? LOLOLOLOLOL :lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 21st, 2005, 06:30 AM
Iceshit is just bitter that the French Open second week will be Williamsless. :tape:

Can't wait to see you eat your words. They won't be that hard to swallow, I'll give you ketchup to put on them. Ketchup makes anything edible.

LucasArg
May 21st, 2005, 06:35 AM
The draw is wide open, anyone can win it, Venus, Justine, Kim, Nadia, Lindsay....

Too bad Serena can't make it :sad:

heartBREAKeRS
May 21st, 2005, 11:49 AM
Can't wait to see you eat your words. They won't be that hard to swallow, I'll give you ketchup to put on them. Ketchup makes anything edible.

U go man, tell that bitch:devil: