PDA

View Full Version : Serena preparing for Wimbledon

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I don't buy this injury excuse!

Serena knows she has no chance at FO.
Instead she plans to prepare properly for Wimbledon where she will be one of the favourites (together with Davenport and the Belgians). I bet that she will be spotted next week - or at least the week after - practising in England.

Paneru
May 20th, 2005, 05:07 PM
What an ass! :retard:

pigam
May 20th, 2005, 05:14 PM
so :p
I guess she didn't liked her nike design and that's why she pulled out.

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 05:14 PM
What an ass! :retard:

Don't be too harsh with Serena!

It is totally legit what she does. No-one in his right mind can force her to play a tourney where she has no reasonably chance to win.

Sanneriet
May 20th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Didn't Serena herself once say that she always expected to win a tournament that she entered and wouldn't play if she didn't feel she could win? So, she didn't feel she could win with a bum ankle and pulled out. Other players might be satified with a QF or something.

Veenut
May 20th, 2005, 05:30 PM

Instead she plans to prepare properly for Wimbledon where she will be one of the favourites (together with Davenport and the Belgians). I bet that she will be spotted next week - or at least the week after - practising in England.

You are right in that, with an injury her chances were drastically reduced. Therefore she made the correct decision to heal and prepare for Wimbledon. She is smart enough to do what is within her best interest!!! Go Serena!!!
BTW your opinion on her injury is void of validity, merit or importance. Try again!! :rolleyes:

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Didn't Serena herself once say that she always expected to win a tournament that she entered and wouldn't play if she didn't feel she could win? So, she didn't feel she could win with a bum ankle and pulled out. Other players might be satified with a QF or something.

But if you want to be a real great player you have to play with a bum ankle or knee or ... now and then.
If Graf had pulled out of slams everytime she had an injury she most certainly would not have won 22 slams.

Diesel
May 20th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Better her being spotted in England than @ Cannes. Why does it bother non fans so what Serena does or doesn't do?

A'DAM
May 20th, 2005, 05:43 PM
And I think she did the right thing!!!

Go for Wimby babe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tennisaddict
May 20th, 2005, 05:46 PM
The only preparation Serena is making is healing that injured left ankle so she can compete which she can't now obviously. You are preparing to get bad repped out of here :devil:.

manu32
May 20th, 2005, 05:48 PM
she is right probably.....FO is a lotery.....

Darop.
May 20th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Right decision to make.

lizchris
May 20th, 2005, 05:58 PM

If you read the WTA Tour website, it says she reinjured her ankle; that is why she withdrew.

If anything, if she isn't in Paris supporting her sister, she will be in Santa Barbara next week supporting her boyfriend, Brett Ratner, who will be testifying in the Micahel Jackson case.

Paneru
May 20th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Don't be too harsh with Serena!

It is totally legit what she does. No-one in his right mind can force her to play a tourney where she has no reasonably chance to win.

For you,
not Serena! :kiss:

BTW, Serena is right not to play hurt.
She's learned from Venus.

No need for her to play, lose to a Zvonareva, hear people yap
because she beat an injured Venus, act like she's something
big from then on every time they play, and have the injury
come back to haunt you four weeks later and deny a title
that would've been yours had you been healthy!

I'm not bitter, honest. ;)

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 06:12 PM
For you,
not Serena! :kiss:

BTW, Serena is right not to play hurt.
She's learned from Venus.

No need for her to play, lose to a Zvonareva, hear people yap
because she beat an injured Venus, act like she's something
big from then on every time they play, and have the injury
come back to haunt you four weeks later and deny a title
that would've been yours had you been healthy!

I'm not bitter, honest. ;)

Would have been hers?

Serena has won exactly TWO tournaments on clay during her 8-year-long career ..... :lol: :lol:

Sanneriet
May 20th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Would have been hers?

I think he/she is talking about Wimbledon.

harloo
May 20th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Would have been hers?

Serena has won exactly TWO tournaments on clay during her 8-year-long career ..... :lol: :lol:

And one of those titles was a French Open.:p

Find another issue to take up Calimero. I know people are tired of your Steffi drivel, but surely you can come up with something else? No?:haha: :haha:

!<blocparty>!
May 20th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I really wanted to see her dress. Maybe she'll donate it to Maria instead now :)

Sanneriet
May 20th, 2005, 06:17 PM
If you read the WTA Tour website, it says she reinjured her ankle; that is why she withdrew.

If anything, if she isn't in Paris supporting her sister, she will be in Santa Barbara next week supporting her boyfriend, Brett Ratner, who will be testifying in the Micahel Jackson case.

I know this is off topic, but I hope Serena just stays away from the Sleaze-fest that that trial has become.

SJW
May 20th, 2005, 06:28 PM
even if she's ok and IS skipping the French...whats the big deal? people have done it for ages. people even skip Wimbledon. is it because you miss her? :wavey:

griffin
May 20th, 2005, 06:34 PM
whats the big deal? ... is it because you miss her? :wavey:

Oh ignore Cali - it's just trying to wind people up ;)

San - I wouldn't worry about Serena getting near the MJ trial. She's an adult and she's female...she's pretty safe :tape:

tennislover
May 20th, 2005, 06:38 PM
guys, she is in bad shape.

Jakeev
May 20th, 2005, 06:40 PM

Did you come with all that while your where watching television or while you had one of your hands down your pants?

SJW
May 20th, 2005, 06:44 PM
guys, she is in bad shape.

she's in better shape than you sweetheart, i bet on it :kiss:

tennislover
May 20th, 2005, 06:45 PM
she's in better shape than you sweetheart, i bet on it :kiss:
:) yes but i don't play GS events.....

SJW
May 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM
:) yes but i don't play GS events.....

not heard of pot kettle and black then?

alfonsojose
May 20th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Was Brett at NEverland too as a child ?

RVD
May 20th, 2005, 07:42 PM

Instead she plans to prepare properly for Wimbledon where she will be one of the favourites (together with Davenport and the Belgians). I bet that she will be spotted next week - or at least the week after - practicing in England.Ahhhh...Calimero377...LOSER extraordinaire.
What happened---run out of tired ass Steffi facts? Why not post something about Steffi again. I'm sure you'll get TONS of replies. :rolleyes:
Or is it better to post bitter, tired, attack threads against someone FAR BETTER than Steffi? Tch-tch-tch! And please don't respond with the same old pathetic replies about Steffi's pseudo-superiority. You've played that record far too many times already. WHAT A LOSER!!

squash
May 20th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Serena is in hiding, and won't be around of about 8 months.

Ankel injury, what injury.

creep
May 20th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Serena is in hiding, and won't be around of about 8 months.

Ankel injury, what injury.

Hey! I tried to send you a pm but you have this function turned off.

Is it to stop people like me sending you pms? lol

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Did you come with all that while your where watching television or while you had one of your hands down your pants?

In an airport vip lounge ..... ? :tape:

But interesting to know how you pass the time while posting in WTAWorld.
Weird!
Serena obviously does turn you on, no? :lol:

azinna
May 20th, 2005, 09:22 PM

Weird!

Airport VIP lounge? Don't tell me you're a working adult, with responsibilities no less.

That would be perplexing.

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Ahhhh...Calimero377...LOSER extraordinaire.
What happened---run out of tired ass Steffi facts? Why not post something about Steffi again. I'm sure you'll get TONS of replies. :rolleyes:
Or is it better to post bitter, tired, attack threads against someone FAR BETTER than Steffi? Tch-tch-tch! And please don't respond with the same old pathetic replies about Steffi's pseudo-superiority. You've played that record far too many times already. WHAT A LOSER!!

PSEUDO-Superiority?
You think Graf as a 22, 23 year-old girl would have lost to Farina, Schiavone, Jankovic, Jidkova, Petrova types?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or that Graf ever lost a slam final with only 5 games won? :eek: :lol: :lol:
Especially at Wimbledon? :haha: :haha:

OMG, those Serena fanboys are TOO funny!

Onyxangel
May 20th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Ahhhh...Calimero377...LOSER extraordinaire.

SIGH....

Now you've done it...

You've given Cali a reason to turn this completely into another Graf diatribe...

Pengwin
May 20th, 2005, 09:35 PM
PSEUDO-Superiority?
You think Graf as a 22, 23 year-old girl would have lost to Farina, Schiavone, Jankovic, Jidkova, Petrova types?

Err, she was recovering from injury, had menstrual migrane on the day, the trauma of a lost sister and without any of her rivals being stabbed. :rolleyes:

Graf had life much easeir than Serena, she wasn't shot at going to play tennis becuase of the colour of her skin.

DemWilliamsGulls
May 20th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Why the phuck are ya'll so mad because Serena pulled out. I woulnd't play in a tournament if I didnt think I was properly prepared for it either. If she was to loose in the first round, it would be in all ya'll mouths for the rest of the year. I would rather wait and see her playing well than to bring a half assed game to the French...ya'll shut the phuck up and let Serena make her own decisions...ya'll do not run the Williams Sisters...never have...never will...you should know by now?!

SJW
May 20th, 2005, 09:41 PM
PSEUDO-Superiority?

then again, i cant recall Serena only winning 2 games in a match, especially in a Slam :angel:

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Airport VIP lounge? Don't tell me you're a working adult, with responsibilities no less.

That would be perplexing.

Obviously I followed Graf's career from the very beginning (1982).
And, yes, I have to work for a living. :sad:
And if you want to earn enough money to support a family and still be able to smoke a decent cigar now and then (aaahhh, a R & J Churchill in the evening ..... ) you HAVE to take professional responsibilities.

BTW, one of my colleagues collects toy cars. He's even older than me ...

And I like to torment young tennis fanboys. Who deep in their heart know that ...

"You, my girls, are great; it is true.
But Steffi, beyond the ocean
With her tons of slams,
Is still a thousand times greater than you."

:)

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 09:46 PM
SIGH....

Now you've done it...

You've given Cali a reason to turn this completely into another Graf diatribe...

Wrong again!
I never need a REASON for that ...

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 09:54 PM
then again, i cant recall Serena only winning 2 games in a match, especially in a Slam :angel:

Oklahoma 1998, 1-6 1-6 vs. journeywoman Joanette Kruger (#29) ....

Denise4925
May 20th, 2005, 10:15 PM
SIGH....

Now you've done it...

No truer words have been spoken today. :worship:

darrinbaker00
May 20th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Oklahoma 1998, 1-6 1-6 vs. journeywoman Joanette Kruger (#29) ....
WHAT?? Seven years ago, 16-year-old Serena lost a match to a player ranked 13 places ahead of her? NO WAY!! :rolleyes:

bandabou
May 20th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Hmmm....maybe Enna should start thinking the same way about wimbledon....considering that her record there is worse than Serena's record at the French..

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 10:27 PM
WHAT?? Seven years ago, 16-year-old Serena lost a match to a player ranked 13 places ahead of her? NO WAY!! :rolleyes:

Serena was ONLY #42 with 16??? :eek:

darrinbaker00
May 20th, 2005, 10:28 PM
SIGH....

Now you've done it...

As if he needed one.....

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Hmmm....maybe Enna should start thinking the same way about wimbledon....considering that her record there is worse than Serena's record at the French..

We must not forget that Serena's career is winding down while Enna is at the start of something really great!
:worship:

Denise4925
May 20th, 2005, 10:29 PM
We must not forget that Serena's career is winding down while Enna is at the start of something really great!
:haha: :haha: :haha: :tape:

darrinbaker00
May 20th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Serena was ONLY #42 with 16??? :eek:
You used a calculator to figure that out, didn't you?

darrinbaker00
May 20th, 2005, 10:33 PM
No, "we" (meaning you) must stop using hallucinogenic drugs.....

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 10:33 PM
You used a calculator to figure that out, didn't you?

No, just guessing.
You may call it "intuition ...
:angel:

tennislover
May 20th, 2005, 10:40 PM
unfortunately Cali is right: Serena can't be compared to Graf......

add that graf had got a sort of maniacal passion to tennis, while Serena has got a life beyond tennis

add that Graf was the luckiest player in the history of tennis (serena doesn't seem to be that lucky, to be honest.....)

to summarize:
graf was
1) more talented
2) more maniacal
3) luckier
than Serena
so no surprise that Graf won a lot more than serena and IMHO Serena is unlikely to win 22 GS titles........

so Cali is right....sigh :sad:

Denise4925
May 20th, 2005, 10:41 PM

add that graf had got a sort of maniacal passion to tennis, while Serena has got a life beyond tennis

add that Graf was the luckiest player in the history of tennis (serena doesn't seem to be that lucky, to be honest.....)

to summarize:
graf was
1) more talented
2) more maniacal
3) luckier
than Serena
so no surprise that Graf won a lot more than serena and IMHO Serena is unlikely to win 22 GS titles........

Wow, that was deep. :hehehe:

darrinbaker00
May 20th, 2005, 10:46 PM
You can't really blame Stefanie for that. If my dad was a tax cheat, I'd want to make as much money as possible, just like she did. ;)

tennislover
May 20th, 2005, 10:52 PM
You can't really blame Stefanie for that. If my dad was a tax cheat, I'd want to make as much money as possible, just like she did. ;)

:lol:

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 11:00 PM

Cali is always right!

BTW, Graf had more off-court interests.
She learned a foreign language.
She read and reads literature and always was interested in museums, galleries, modern art (she was and is a collector).
OK, Serena is on her way to a Oscar nomination .....

Calimero377
May 20th, 2005, 11:03 PM

I even know tennis players' dads who are wife beaters .... :eek:

tennislover
May 20th, 2005, 11:04 PM
OK, Serena is on her way to a Oscar nomination .....

no surprise all that bad rep flow from Serena fans..... :lol:

darrinbaker00
May 20th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Did he do time like Peter Graf?

Junex
May 20th, 2005, 11:05 PM

Once again bandy, no need to bring Justine into this Cali craziness thread.

HE is not even a legit Justine fan to start with, and its not even mentioned here.

Justine - Serena flame wars was so 2003..

Serena - Graf.....:tape:

mykarma
May 21st, 2005, 01:30 AM
[QUOTE=Calimero377]I don't buy this injury excuse! Who cares what you think?

mykarma
May 21st, 2005, 01:37 AM
Err, she was recovering from injury, had menstrual migrane on the day, the trauma of a lost sister and without any of her rivals being stabbed. :rolleyes:

Graf had life much easeir than Serena, she wasn't shot at going to play tennis becuase of the colour of her skin.Why are you bothering to respond to :tape:

mykarma
May 21st, 2005, 01:40 AM
You used a calculator to figure that out, didn't you?:lol: :lol: :lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 21st, 2005, 02:42 AM
We love you Serena :hearts:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 21st, 2005, 02:53 AM

Just admit it Cali. You hate the sisters and use jump at any opportunity to say negative things about them. Admit it. You, I and all the rest of WTAworld know it. We get it. Now go away.

Rocketta
May 21st, 2005, 02:55 AM

you really shouldn't bring Mary Pierce and her dad into this discussion. :rolleyes:

vettipooh
May 21st, 2005, 03:01 AM
Do you guys realize that cali spends all his time in here talking about Graf, because he is not allowed to mention her in his house. His wife has forbade it!!! :haha: after he moaned "ooh steffi"!!! she knew he was obsessed. Now we have to suffer for that! :lol:

le bon vivant
May 21st, 2005, 03:09 AM
Just admit it Cali. You hate the sisters and use jump at any opportunity to say negative things about them. Admit it. You, I and all the rest of WTAworld know it. We get it. Now go away.

Thats not entirely true, hes not just a Williams Sister opportunist. He diminishes Seles even more. Hes just an opportunist in general. ;)

Jakeev
May 21st, 2005, 04:33 AM

Weird!

No Im gay Honey. But I figured since you dream of having your head literally up Steffi's arse and she would not give you the time of day that you came up with what u did about Serena.

vogus
May 21st, 2005, 04:50 AM
No Im gay Honey. But I figured since you dream of having your head literally up Steffi's arse and she would not give you the time of day

:haha: but you're still the king Cali :worship:

Calimero377
May 21st, 2005, 06:49 AM
you really shouldn't bring Mary Pierce and her dad into this discussion. :rolleyes:

Pa Pierce is one of the two dads I thought of.

Calimero377
May 21st, 2005, 06:51 AM
Do you guys realize that cali spends all his time in here talking about Graf, because he is not allowed to mention her in his house. His wife has forbade it!!! :haha: ....

Actually she hasn't forbidden it.
Some of the "Calimero377" posts even are from her (especially the Enna related ones).

Calimero377
May 21st, 2005, 06:55 AM
Thats not entirely true, hes not just a Williams Sister opportunist. He diminishes Seles even more. Hes just an opportunist in general. ;)

You got a point here!

But there simply are SOOO many opportunities.
With all these Williams, Seles, Sharapova & journeywomen fans out there.
It is fun to remind them how much their faves are below modern tennis' benchmark (= Stefanie Maria Graf). :)

Calimero377
May 21st, 2005, 06:58 AM
No Im gay Honey. But I figured since you dream of having your head literally up Steffi's arse and she would not give you the time of day that you came up with what u did about Serena.

What is "gay honey"?
U.S. American for "peanut butter"?

SJW
May 21st, 2005, 07:06 AM

we've been hearing that for years.

since you know everything, has Serena ever won only 2 games in a slam? like say...against a certain Spaniard at the FO?

Rub
May 21st, 2005, 07:18 AM
actually i think serena has more chance of winning the FO than the other 125 women in the draw! :yeah:

Calimero377
May 21st, 2005, 07:21 AM
actually i think serena has more chance of winning the FO than the other 125 women in the draw! :yeah:

And who are the two remaining players with a better chance?
Enna and Clijsters?

Rub
May 21st, 2005, 07:26 AM
And who are the two remaining players with a better chance?
Enna and Clijsters?

got it right!

Slumpsova
May 21st, 2005, 09:30 AM
so :p
I guess she didn't liked her nike design and that's why she pulled out.

:haha: i love this!

BTW if she did as Cali said i hope she wins Wimbledon or she is gonna be a real loser :o

Staticbeef
May 21st, 2005, 11:21 AM
Wow, that was deep. :hehehe: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bandabou
May 21st, 2005, 12:02 PM
Enna is at the start of something great, huh? :haha: :rolls: Cali, Cali....you' re the statman and you know that the list of players who won majors past their 23rd b-day is very short...

Enna might have 1 or 2 majors left in her...still would leave her behind Serena and that'd be if Serena STOPPED playing.

Wimbledon, Wimbledon...last 3 losses there she won 7 games, 5 games, 5 games...those sure are hopefull stats..

Cookie
May 21st, 2005, 12:11 PM
Enna is at the start of something great, huh? :haha: :rolls: Cali, Cali....you' re the statman and you know that the list of players who won majors past their 23rd b-day is very short...

Enna might have 1 or 2 majors left in her...still would leave her behind Serena and that'd be if Serena STOPPED playing.

Wimbledon, Wimbledon...last 3 losses there she won 7 games, 5 games, 5 games...those sure are hopefull stats..

Congatulations on your 19773 post about comparing them

bandabou
May 21st, 2005, 12:24 PM
Congatulations on your 19773 post about comparing them

And mind to do the count for Cali?

Cookie
May 21st, 2005, 12:28 PM

Somewhat less it seems ;)

bandabou
May 21st, 2005, 01:13 PM
Somewhat less it seems ;)

really? :eek:

Onyxangel
May 21st, 2005, 01:15 PM

Nobody can count that high in a single lifetime....

Onyxangel
May 21st, 2005, 01:20 PM

to summarize:
graf was
1) more talented
2) more maniacal
3) luckier
than Serena

Graf fans are like Yankee fans... you can't give any credit just because someone jumps on the biggest bandwagon, it doesn't take any heart or devotion to do that.