bmxbandit
May 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM
We need the poll first.

bmxbandit
May 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Ah, there we go ;)

Venus+Serena#1fan
May 20th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Nicole has done well and she is a terrific player, however, a confident motivated and aggressive Venus is still above her league. go vee!

BUBI
May 20th, 2005, 03:21 PM
I hope Venus wins, but I think Nicole will win this.

Nicjac
May 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
*chanting*

Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole - if she isn't out of breath as much as I am ...

daniela86
May 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Unfortunatly, i think that Venus will win :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: but i hope there will be a big surprise :D :D Jedem Nicole!!! :kiss:

Bероника
May 20th, 2005, 03:28 PM
GO VENUS!!! This title is yours!!!

venusfan
May 20th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Ok.. not offending anyone but I have never heard of this Nicole person before so if Venus were to lose to her I would be shocked; So shocked that I would disown tennis until saturday July 8th and yes, that is the date Venus will raise the Wimbledon crown.

Paneru
May 20th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Ok.. not offending anyone but I have never heard of this Nicole person before so if Venus were to lose to her I would be shocked; So shocked that I would disown tennis until saturday July 8th and yes, that is the date Venus will raise the Wimbledon crown.

Please seek professional..... :help:

Wannabeknowitall
May 20th, 2005, 04:20 PM

OK. So you haven't heard of Anna Chakvetadze and Nicole Vaidisova. Have you heard of any one of these teenage upcomers that have been around in the last 10 months? These two will be in the top 10 in the next 2 years. Makes me wonder if you only watch tennis to see Venus play.

Scotso
May 20th, 2005, 04:25 PM
good final... good luck to both!

SilK
May 20th, 2005, 04:27 PM
something tells me Nicole could win this...

I like Venus, but Nicole is ace and I hope she wins the title! :yeah:

Beat
May 20th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I have never heard of this Nicole person before
:lol:
you must be a real die-hard tennis fan then.

lizchris
May 20th, 2005, 04:29 PM

I have heard of Nicole and heard that she is an up-and-comer. Having said that, Venus seems to be on her game and if she is tomorrow, I don't see Venus losing this one. It seems that the only thing bothering her was the wind today.

Wannabeknowitall
May 20th, 2005, 04:32 PM

I swear I thought the Wimbledon women's final was July 2nd this year as well. Unless you think Venus is going to win the title in the year 2011 that is.

Paneru
May 20th, 2005, 04:35 PM
I swear I thought the Wimbledon women's final was July 2nd this year as well. Unless you think Venus is going to win the title in the year 2011 that is.

Yeah, knock Venus for
his/her ignorance. :p

BK4ever
May 20th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Nicole can hold her own. Vee has the edge on movement, volleys and BH but Nicole is quite capable of causing the upset. I love them both, so I'll be happy no matter who wins :D

No Name Face
May 20th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Venus of course! :)

Knizzle
May 20th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Venus 6-4 6-3

venusfan
May 20th, 2005, 05:13 PM
OK. So you haven't heard of Anna Chakvetadze and Nicole Vaidisova. Have you heard of any one of these teenage upcomers that have been around in the last 10 months? These two will be in the top 10 in the next 2 years. Makes me wonder if you only watch tennis to see Venus play.

Nope.. not at all.. If the Williams sisters don't play a tournament I could care less about the tournament or whoever played it so that's why I don't know of all these other players.

_LuCaS_
May 20th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Good luck NIcole

..ikke..
May 20th, 2005, 05:47 PM
I hope Nicole but it will be though

suzie
May 20th, 2005, 05:47 PM
I think Venus may win but Nicole has all my support and she can do it as well. GO GO GO! :bounce:

Foot_Fault
May 20th, 2005, 05:48 PM
If so idiot, it will actually be July 2nd. The tournament ends July 3rd.

Helen Lawson
May 20th, 2005, 05:50 PM
It would be a nice win for Nicole, but I don't see even a half-baked Venus losing this one.

I've seen Nicole play, though only at an exhibition and only in doubles. She's quite good, she is a top player of tomorrow.

Kart
May 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Please win Venus.

Tennisaddict
May 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I've never seen Vaidisova play but I've heard a lot of good things about her game.
I hope Venus will come out ready and aggressive without underestimating her and she should win it 6:2 6:3, come on Venus take your first title and regain your confidence so you can crush everybody at the FO :bounce:

Sanneriet
May 20th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Vaisdisova is considered a talented player, and I think her win over Smashnova is a good win. I don't think Venus has been tested by a good/experienced player yet. But, a win over Vaidisova will be a good win for her. But, if Venus loses, it isn't that big of a deal either.

JenFan75
May 20th, 2005, 06:33 PM
I think Nicole might be able to surprise us ^^

Cybelle Darkholme
May 20th, 2005, 07:05 PM
I really dont care for Nicole. Not that I would be cheering for her even if I liked her.

Does anyone know if this will be televised.

Infiniti2001
May 20th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I think Nicole might be able to surprise us ^^

I don't expect any other response from you :rolleyes: Come on Venus :bounce:

deja_entendu
May 20th, 2005, 07:24 PM
The match up I've been waiting for! Nicole is talented, and more than talented, she is raw and explosive, with a huge serve and huge groundies and a monster forehand, and if she can turn it into a groundstroke war, well, she is QUITE capable of causing the upset...

Tati & Dani
May 20th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Nicole :worship:

skanky~skanketta
May 20th, 2005, 07:54 PM
GO VENUS!

Venus has been very very unpredictable over the past year. i remember going on to wtatour.com earlier and getting nervous in fear that she may have been upset by anne Chak!

anyway, Nicole is very good, but i think this is Venus's title.if by any chance Nicole causes an upset, Venus's confidence will be seriously dented!

tennisIlove09
May 20th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Good luck Venus! :hug:

ktoles2005
May 20th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I like Vaidasova, but I love Venus.

I pick Venus in a tough 3 set win. 4-6, 6-4, 6-2

Andy.
May 21st, 2005, 12:10 AM
Venus should have her. She is a better play right now and i think she really wants this

Hachiko
May 21st, 2005, 12:14 AM
Venus, 6:3, 6:4.

Gowza
May 21st, 2005, 12:33 AM
i think venus is probably playing a bit to well atm for nicole to win this, but venus has been unpredictable the last year or so...

Irish
May 21st, 2005, 12:35 AM

Exactly. I love TENNIS so any matches I can watch are great. :D

Please win this tournament Nicole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

tennnisfannn
May 21st, 2005, 12:44 AM
venus is winning this, you will be able to count how many games she drops on the one hand and still have fingers to spare.

Sharapova's_Boy
May 21st, 2005, 01:13 AM
Jedem Nikki. :yeah:

If Nikki can keep her focus, and accept the fact that Venus is going to hit winners, and run down a lot of balls, then she is in with a show. She's got to remember that with all the winners Venus hits, there's going to be errors, and she must capitalise.

SM
May 21st, 2005, 01:17 AM
venus has a big edge. she seems to be very hungry and focused thus far in the tournament and wont let anyone stand in her way of her first title for the year.

having said that, im sure nicole will make venus work up a sweat and have to play very well to beat her. nicole is making great progress

mboyle
May 21st, 2005, 02:34 AM
They have mirror games. Venus' strength is the backhand, Nicole's the forehand. Venus moves a lot better and volleys better, but Nicole's generally more accurate/consistent. I think it comes down to Venus' errors, unless Nicole just smacks the ball and goes for broke and makes them.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 21st, 2005, 03:46 AM
I think if Venus can win this, she'll do some damage at the French Open. Her confidence will be back....and she'll have some match play on red clay.

Derek.
May 21st, 2005, 03:48 AM
Go Nicole! :yeah:

Derek.
May 21st, 2005, 03:55 AM
Ok.. not offending anyone but I have never heard of this Nicole person before

:eek: :tape: :rolleyes: :retard: :smash:

Where've you been? :scared:

azza
May 21st, 2005, 04:23 AM
Nicole will win 6-4 6-3 coz Venus sucks :)

Tennisaddict
May 21st, 2005, 09:26 AM
Nicole will win 6-4 6-3 coz Venus sucks :)

You can wish all you want but Venus doesn't suck and most likely will take the title. It seems you are the one that sucks big time with your spiteful childish comments :rolleyes:.

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 21st, 2005, 09:43 AM
Go Venus!!

Good Luck!!

Serena!
May 21st, 2005, 10:55 AM
It will probably be close, but I think Venus will win.

Papallo
May 21st, 2005, 12:31 PM
Hello...
Someone can say me if there is a Tv Channel where i can see the beautiful Nicole...!
Where I can see the Istanbul Final???
Please....reply me!!!

thelittlestelf
May 21st, 2005, 12:40 PM
Venus in 2 :D

Good luck Vee :woohoo: