PDA

View Full Version : Who got the best draw???

cartmancop
May 20th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Who do you think received the best draw?

I think Venus should be pretty happy with hers,
R16 is defending champion Myskina, but she has been struggling terribly & QF is Dementieva who has been injured & not able to play her best.

SF will probably be Davenport or Schnyder, both of whom are better matchups for Venus than say Sharapova or Justine @ this time.

With Sharapova, Petrova, Mauresmo, Henin-Hardenne, & Kuznetsova on the opposite side, & so Serena in her path, she must be pleased...

There are also many other dangerous players on the other side too:)

good luck Venus :hearts: :worship:

Foot_Fault
May 20th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Venus has a decent draw i agree. But Amelie has the EASIEST! Until the semi's no real challenges.

*Jool*
May 20th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Amélie Mauresmo once again had the easiest draw , the 1st real danger is SF , now will she reach SF ? :confused:

Venus has been quite lucky too I can easily see her in SF vs Linds/Kim (hope Linds)

(But my faves : Lindsay (Kim 4R) :rolleyes: /Srebotnik (Linds 1R) / Conchita (Henin 1st Rd) :tape: all have awful draws )

ys
May 20th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Amelie, no question about it.. ( Rigged! Rigged! )

Venus's draw is far from easy. She will have her hands full already in the second round against The Fabulous One.. And if Myskina is alive by the 4th round, playing a defending champ, rediscovering RG magic , won't be easy. And another RG finalist in the next round. Far from easy.

Though, if Kim is not fit, the top quarter is really a crapshot.. Lindsay, Dina, ZVerka, Patty, Mary.. anyone..

Bette_Midler
May 20th, 2005, 04:26 PM
poor Conchi :sad:

jfk
May 20th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Dementieva and Venus should be pleased.

This could be Dementieva's path to the quarters: Strycova, Raymond, Sprem/Morigami, Farina Elia/Likhovtseva. And there are no tricky floaters in that part either. She definitely got the easiest seeds...Sprem and Elena L are off form, and Farina Elia beats players ranked ahead of her.

Venus is in the other part of that quarter and should face: Marrero, Zuluaga, Sesil/Asagoe, Frazier/Loit/Myskina. This is slightly more difficult than the one for Dementieva, since there are players who can trip her up on clay (Zuluaga, Loit). Myskina will probably lose to Sanchez Lorenzo or Frazier.

For a lower seed, Golovin has a fantastic draw. She should easily make her way to the fourth round (Bovina is not a threat on clay). I like her chances versus Petrova. Mauresmo could out by the time Golovin would have to meet her. Golovin could be the fashionable pick to be a surprise semifinalist.

Hardest draws: Davenport and Kuznetsova/Henin-Hardenne

!<blocparty>!
May 20th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Who do you think received the best draw?

I think Venus should be pretty happy with hers,
R16 is defending champion Myskina, but she has been struggling terribly & QF is Dementieva who has been injured & not able to play her best.

SF will probably be Davenport or Schnyder, both of whom are better matchups for Venus than say Sharapova or Justine @ this time.

With Sharapova, Petrova, Mauresmo, Henin-Hardenne, & Kuznetsova on the opposite side, & so Serena in her path, she must be pleased...

There are also many other dangerous players on the other side too:)

good luck Venus :hearts: :worship:

LOL, Semi final probably wont be Lindsay or Patty. Kim is not losing to Lindsay on any surface ATM, nevermind red clay :sad:

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Well, I have to say that I find that JHH doesn't have a bad draw.

She will have a lot of very hard fights, but I have seen that this doesn't scare her. She is a real fighter and there are a few players in her draw that she will have her eye on.

Kuzn. almost beat her the last time they have met. I am sure that JHH hasn't forgotten this.

And then Sharapova : It's already clear that JHH will do her utmost best to beat her. Even when JHH plays a match of 4 hours against Kuzn. and JHH is rushed to hospital with diffirent ailments I am not going to put a lot of money on Sharapova winning against JHH. It seems that JHH has issues with her. The interviews JHH gave before their last encounter made this very obvious. She was talking about Sharapova being arrogant, ... The next day she gave her tennis lessons.

JHH has something against babes. I have seen this many a time. The last time she played against Kournikova, she utterly humiliated her (AO 2003). JHH left the playing field with an enormous grin on her face. JHH wanted to destroy her. I am convinced that JHH is still angry about what happened to her at Miami. Sharapova must have done something at the end of that match that really pissed JHH off (or maybe not - it's possible that everything is in her mind). JHH will fight until she drops dead. Kim has found out that an angry JHH is a very dangerous animal on a tennis court. It's not visible on her face, but you can see it when she plays tennis. She runs for every ball and she hits those back hands with even more power than usual. And once in a while you see a big smirke on her face, when she is busy outplaying her opponent. It's obvious that she thrives on those kind of rivalries. Serena got outplayed in Charleston 2003 by JHH and Serena didn't want to acknowledge that JHH had played tremenoud tennis. The next encounter was the semi final of RG. Serena was completely overwhelmed the first set. JHH was hitting all her anger and spite out her tiny body. Later in that match JHH began to choke and we had a real battle.

jfk
May 20th, 2005, 05:08 PM
JHH has a tough draw, but she should come through anyway. Her draw couldn't be much harder:

1R: Conchita - as long as JHH knows what to expect and is patient, it's an easy straightsetter
2R: Ruano Pascual/Qualifier - easy, but again, it's a player who at least understands clay...and playing a qualifier is never good either because they are always hungry to win
3R: Medina Garrigues - playing extremely well this week...if she uses this is as momentum, could be a 3 set battle

Up to this point, JHH won't be in danger of losing, but she's going to play at least one three setter, and I think she'd prefer to save her energy for the later rounds.

4R: Kuznetsova - it could easily be a final....a close threesetter if I ever saw one
QF: Sharapova - actually a good player to face when tired, since she can be streaky and give JHH a rest from time to time....really depends on Sharapova

Just think if she has to face Kuznetsova, Sharapova, Mauresmo, and Clijsters to win...that would be possibly the most impressive run to a GS ever.

Wannabeknowitall
May 20th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Amelie has the easiest draw till the QF's yes. One question though...who and or what is stopping Petrova from beating Mauresmo in the QF.? Didn't Petrova just beat Mauresmo at Berlin?
Venus draw is pretty easy till the 4th round. If Myskina doesn't lose in the first round then she is getting to the 4th round. There is no way Myskina is going to be beaten by Amy Frazier when Myskina hits even flatter and moves better than her. Venus and Myskina are in the same boat. Their only issue really is that they're missing the final shot that they use to get when they were winning. Whoever can actually do that the most during the tourni between the two will make it to the semis.

Davenport's draw looks bad at first. She's beaten Patty twice on clay and only lost once on clay. Davenport is practicing with Hantuchova probably trying to give her hints on beating a slower Clijsters. Lindsay has beaten Venus 4 straight times including one match on clay.
The draw seems pretty even. Some players won't have to work much till the quarters. After that it's whoever wants it the most.

Philip
May 20th, 2005, 05:20 PM
i favour patty's chances of making another GS Semi :) hooppp Patty!

lizchris
May 20th, 2005, 05:36 PM

Venus's draw is far from easy. She will have her hands full already in the second round against The Fabulous One.. And if Myskina is alive by the 4th round, playing a defending champ, rediscovering RG magic , won't be easy. And another RG finalist in the next round. Far from easy.

Though, if Kim is not fit, the top quarter is really a crapshot.. Lindsay, Dina, ZVerka, Patty, Mary.. anyone..

She has beaten the Fabulous One. Twice I think.
Myskina will be gone by the 4th round and if she isn't and Venus is still around, with her shoulder porblem, Venus should have no problem with her. She, like Dementievea, is a former finalist, but unlike this finalist, knows what it is like to hold up the champion's trophy. In additon, she has a winning record against her.

No Name Face
May 20th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Amelie got the easiest draw, naturally.

My pick for the semifinalists are Kim, Elena, Justine, and Amelie...Amelie has no real competition to choke to until the semis.

Knizzle
May 20th, 2005, 05:50 PM

Zulu can be tough, but she's not playing that well right now and Venus knows how to handle her even on clay. Venus will be ready for Myskina this time so I think she's perfectly happy to have drawn her. Dementieva will be the toughest opponent for Venus in this quarter, but still a match Venus should be in control of because of ED's weak serve and Venus' strong serve. Depends on if Venus' FH is ready to attack that serve.

lizchris
Amelie got the easiest draw, naturally.

My pick for the semifinalists are Kim, Elena, Justine, and Amelie...Amelie has no real competition to choke to until the semis.

I agree with you on three of the four. I replaced Venus in Elena's spot.

Shonami Slam
well, i think petrova will beat amelie, since she has an easier draw than amelie IMO and can take out momo when it's money time and amelie loses her head.

alwayshingis
May 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I actually don't agree with Amelie getting the easiest draw at all! For the first 2 rounds, yes, but then it gets difficult. She has Ivanovic, and then Schiavone/Vaidisova/Jankovic to worry about. I think Venus BY FAR got the easiest draw. With the way Myskina is playing...there is no way she should lose before the quarters...

the bambi
May 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM
it's an irrelevant question to me. just win the fucking thing whether you have to beat the best or not.

alwayshingis
May 20th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I also think that Masha's draw is a walk in the park until the QFs

Knizzle
May 20th, 2005, 06:08 PM
it's an irrelevant question to me. just win the fucking thing whether you have to beat the best or not.

:worship:

DEETHELICK
May 20th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Amelie's looks quite good, but I am expecting her to sputter.

Elena D has got it pretty good. She needs to take advantage. Nastya is not in top form, so Elena does have the edge. As for Venus, well she beat Venus on a hardcourt earlier this year with a stronger serve. On clay I've give Elena an edge.

Clay is about consistency and I trust Dementieva's groundies more than Venus'.

wateva
May 20th, 2005, 06:24 PM
amelie has the easiest and crappiest draw ever.........

QuicKyMonSter
May 20th, 2005, 06:27 PM
whoever got in the same quarter as dementieva and myskina!

Foot_Fault
May 20th, 2005, 06:29 PM
JHH has a tough draw, but she should come through anyway. Her draw couldn't be much harder:

1R: Conchita - as long as JHH knows what to expect and is patient, it's an easy straightsetter
2R: Ruano Pascual/Qualifier - easy, but again, it's a player who at least understands clay...and playing a qualifier is never good either because they are always hungry to win
3R: Medina Garrigues - playing extremely well this week...if she uses this is as momentum, could be a 3 set battle

Up to this point, JHH won't be in danger of losing, but she's going to play at least one three setter, and I think she'd prefer to save her energy for the later rounds.

4R: Kuznetsova - it could easily be a final....a close threesetter if I ever saw one
QF: Sharapova - actually a good player to face when tired, since she can be streaky and give JHH a rest from time to time....really depends on Sharapova

Just think if she has to face Kuznetsova, Sharapova, Mauresmo, and Clijsters to win...that would be possibly the most impressive run to a GS ever.

Although I agree that with JHH defeating everyone of those mentioned capturing the title...., she'll can replace Venus with the Greatest GS run ever. Referring to Venus' 2000 Wimbledon run....
QF- Defeated Hingis in Three
SF- Defeated Serena in 2 and tuff tie break
F- Defeated Davenport in 2 and a tiebreak.
That was the most impressive Ive seen beating the #1 and 2 players in the world in a slam.

CooCooCachoo
May 20th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Srebotnik has the best draw :crying2:

JenFan75
May 20th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Amelie, Venus, and Lena D all have good draws

tennislover
May 20th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Venus

Veenut
May 20th, 2005, 07:59 PM

My sentiments exactly!!! Whoever is good enough to win 7 matches will win and deserve to win.

Jenny.C.Fan
May 20th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I don't think patty could have picked the draw much better if she'd rigged it, she's got a fantastic draw, she is totally capable of winning a q/f against lindsay of kim, she has a very good chance. Amelie's draw is okay-ish she has a few dangerous players around her capable of an upset.

TomTennis
May 20th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Although I agree that with JHH defeating everyone of those mentioned capturing the title...., she'll can replace Venus with the Greatest GS run ever. Referring to Venus' 2000 Wimbledon run....
That was the most impressive Ive seen beating the #1 and 2 players in the world in a slam.

I agree with your comment.

Also...if Venus had won Wimby 03 she would have beaten that....

defeating Petrova, Zvonareva, Davenport, Clijsters (and then Serena in the finall,but she didnt)

But she will do again!!!!!

Jenny.C.Fan
May 20th, 2005, 08:13 PM
i don't think amelie will have a much better chance to win roland garros this year, what with serena and jen out, kim and myskina doubtful, most of the russians playing poorly, i just hope she can play her best.

vogus
May 20th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I don't think patty could have picked the draw much better if she'd rigged it, she's got a fantastic draw, she is totally capable of winning a q/f against lindsay of kim, she has a very good chance. Amelie's draw is okay-ish she has a few dangerous players around her capable of an upset.

exactly, if Patty and Hofmann had hand-designed the draw, this is how it would have some out. Easy matches early, no dangerous Russians, and in Davenport's quarter. The first really dangerous opponent Patty can face is Dementieva in the semi's, and if Dementieva doesn't make the semi's, Patty is looking at needing to beat only ONE top quality opponent - Henin/Momo/Kuznetsova in the final - to win RG.

Jenny.C.Fan
May 20th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I think Jen's AO 2001 was the greatest grand slam run of all time as the number 14 in the world defeating seles in the qf in 3 then davenport in the semis in 2 and hingis in the final in 2. By doing so she defeated the last three winners of the tournament very impressive. She was the lowest seed (No. 12) to win a Grand Slam title in Open Era and the first player since tracy austin (1979 US Open) to d. world’s Top 2 players in straight sets at a Grand Slam. Couldn't have been more impressive.

Pengwin
May 20th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Peut-etre, Amelie peut gagner finalement ce qui est le plus important pour elle.

manu32
May 20th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I think Jen's AO 2001 was the greatest grand slam run of all time as the number 14 in the world defeating seles in the qf in 3 then davenport in the semis in 2 and hingis in the final in 2. By doing so she defeated the last three winners of the tournament very impressive. She was the lowest seed (No. 12) to win a Grand Slam title in Open Era and the first player since tracy austin (1979 US Open) to d. world’s Top 2 players in straight sets at a Grand Slam. Couldn't have been more impressive.

of course......come on jenny

ktoles2005
May 20th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I think either Amelie or Venus has a good shot. I honestly don't think we will see Davey get past the quarters...

Elldee
May 20th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Dementieva.

Irish
May 21st, 2005, 03:32 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Rub
May 21st, 2005, 08:49 AM
juju has the best draw, she would really forced to really play at her best!

ceiling_fan
May 21st, 2005, 08:53 AM
amelie.... maybe she can win at france lol

HotSpot
May 21st, 2005, 09:11 AM
Amelie...she should win this year... or never!

mauresmofan
May 21st, 2005, 09:18 AM

Yes that was a great run but I'd give it to Graf - French Open 99
R16 A. Kournikova(When she was a force to be reconed with) - straight sets but had to save set points in the second
QF L. Davenport - tough 3 set match
SF M.Seles - an unbelievably tough 3 setter - never knew who would win until the final ball was struck.
F M.Hingis - What a classic, stared defeat in the face and said "not today love, come back tomorrow"

stenen
May 21st, 2005, 11:22 AM
I don't think any draw can be said to be easiest but Venus and Lena D got nice ones. For Amélie and RG there's not a such thing as an easy draw. Her draw is not too bad but it's RG so you never know.

pav
May 21st, 2005, 12:07 PM
exactly, if Patty and Hofmann had hand-designed the draw, this is how it would have some out. Easy matches early, no dangerous Russians, and in Davenport's quarter. The first really dangerous opponent Patty can face is Dementieva in the semi's, and if Dementieva doesn't make the semi's, Patty is looking at needing to beat only ONE top quality opponent - Henin/Momo/Kuznetsova in the final - to win RG.

I think You might have a bit of a case of acute Pattyitis, well though She is playing at the moment,have a look at Her last two matches on clay against Zvon. for example, I don't think You can treat players with a record like that against Her as some kind of easy meat, I would be very slow to say any player has an easy draw it can come back and bite You on the butt