PDA

View Full Version : 1:Lindsay/Kim/Patty, 2:ElenaD/Venus/Nastya, 3:Nadia/Amelie, 4:Svetlana/Justine/Maria

jochem
May 20th, 2005, 03:03 PM
These are the highest seeds/best players in the four portions of the draw...
Any comments?

first part:

I'd say...lucky Kim considering her first round opponents: Qualifier, Cervanova and then maybe Hantuchova. She might meet Lindsay in round four though...
R4: (1) Lindsay Davenport vs (14) Kim Clijsters.... revenge for Lindsay??
QF: Lindsay/Kim vs (8) Patty Schnyder.... if Kim reaches QF against Patty and Kim is healthy she is able to beat Patty...but Patty is in form and Kim injured...Kim needs her movement against Patty...

second part:

R4: (11) Venus Williams vs (5) Anastasia Myskina: RG 2004 rematch!! and Antwerp rematch but that was indoor... Hope Nastya survives first rounds though...
QF: Venus/Nastya vs (4) Elena Dementieva...Nastya vs Elena, i don't see that happen but it would be good if Elena would win this time and win the title!

third part:

QF: (7) Nadia Petrova vs (3) Amelie Mauresmo: Berlin rematch!!
Personally my less interesting part...lucky draw for Amelie again...

fourth part:

R4: (6) Svetlana Kuznetsova vs (10) Justine Henin-Hardenne...Warsaw rematch!!!
QF: Svetlana/Justine vs (2) Maria Sharapova... Justine vs Maria...yammmmmmie match!!1 Already looking forward to that clash :drool:

vogus
May 20th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Patty got an amazing draw, she benifitted enormously from the Williams withdrawal and getting bumped up to 8 seed. Very easy opening two matches, then she gets to watch while an injured Clisters fights it out with Davenport/Safina. Unless Clisters is 100 percent, which nobody expects, Patty should reach the semis from this quarter.

Shonami Slam
May 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
nadia with a chance to tkae a semi-appearance, and who knows, maybe the maria/kuzzy/justine trio will beat themselves too tired after her quite easy matches apart from amelie.

hartnett
May 20th, 2005, 03:26 PM
best wishes for myskina ,elena D,venus !!!

Wannabeknowitall
May 20th, 2005, 03:30 PM
You people are not looking at the qualifiers that Kim could play. Safarova can beat Clijsters if she's not 100%. Lindsay Lee-Waters is not a joke either.

alexusjonesfan
May 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
In terms of clay tournament finalists and winners, the top half has Patty and ED, the bottom has Justine, Nadia, Sveta and Amelie :tape: Unless Kim is in really poor form, I think Lindsay's gotta forget about gaining any points from last year

!<blocparty>!
May 20th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Fuck, Lindsay out in round 4.

skanky~skanketta
May 20th, 2005, 05:20 PM
damn!justine has a hard draw!

hope sveta loses early :tape:

azmad_88
May 21st, 2005, 04:04 AM
Personnly i like the top draw
cos my favs are there
but 2 diff sides

azmad_88
May 21st, 2005, 04:05 AM
damn!justine has a hard draw!

hope sveta loses early :tape:

trsut me justine will kick the spnish battalion's ass plus the russians

TF Chipmunk
May 21st, 2005, 04:10 AM
:bounce:Justine has a hard draw, YAY :devil: !! Lindsay's quarter of the draw is RIDICULOUS!! How does she get such a hard one compared to Amelie's :rolleyes: :zzz:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 21st, 2005, 04:40 AM
Lindsay Lee-Waters is not a joke either.

She definitely isn't.

LefandePatty
May 21st, 2005, 05:48 AM
Patty can win the title :)

Rtael
May 21st, 2005, 06:02 AM
I don't know that I'd be so quick to pencil Patty into the quarters....she has Mary Pierce in her section and the H2H between the two doesn't look too good for OJ....Patty has been in good form lately but so has Mary, and Mary somehow managed to beat Patty when Pierce was only like #172 in the world and gave her a close match when she was ranked below #200...

jochem
May 21st, 2005, 10:08 AM
I don't know that I'd be so quick to pencil Patty into the quarters....she has Mary Pierce in her section and the H2H between the two doesn't look too good for OJ....Patty has been in good form lately but so has Mary, and Mary somehow managed to beat Patty when Pierce was only like #172 in the world and gave her a close match when she was ranked below #200...

And when was that???? :tape: A lot has happened, especially for Patty as she propelled into the top 10 again... But I must admit, never count Mary out. I just think that Mary is not able to beat the top players anymore...just give them a huge run for their money...

tennnisfannn
May 21st, 2005, 03:34 PM
Lindsay isn't chopped liver even on clay and you cannot automatically assume Kim will beat her. Lindsay is rested and healthy.

veronica
May 21st, 2005, 04:13 PM

You know I love Patty and Mary both! This is going to be mental match if it happens. Patty did take out Dementieva at AO this year so maybe she is ready to pull some bigger upsets at a slam - like Kim or Davenport.

If Mary starts off well and the French get behind her - Patty is probably going to be cooked goose! If they start giving Mary a hard time she will crack and lose her focus. I doubt they will hassle Mary now but you never know.

I think Patty likes the crowd against her so this may work in her favor. This one would be tough to predict.

DEETHELICK
May 21st, 2005, 06:54 PM
I think we'll have Patty vs Elena D and hopefully Amelie vs Justine.

ys
May 21st, 2005, 10:16 PM
Patty is not getting past Vera Z.