PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros 2005

sebbe
May 20th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Mary's draw...she has a pretty good draw.

So what are your thoughts about this?

1-Lindsay Davenport (E-U)-Katarina Srebotnik (Slo)
Mailyne Andrieux (Fra)-Shuai Peng (Chi)
Tatiana Panova (Rus)-Qualifiée
Virginie Razzano (Fra)-25-Dinara Safina (Rus)
20-Daniela Hantuchova (Slovaquie)-Qualifiée
Denisa Chladkova (Tch)-Catalina Castano (Col)
Ludmila Cervanova (Slovaquie)-Aiko Nakamura (Jap)
Qualifiée-14-Kim Clijsters (Bel)

9-Vera Zvonareva (Rus)-Qualifiée
Qualifiée-Maria Kirilenko (Rus)
Jelena Kostanic (Cro)-Tamarine Tanasugarn (Tha)
Vera Douchevina (Rus)-21-Mary Pierce (Fra)
32-Flavia Pennetta (Ita)-Jill Craybas (E-U)
Marta Domachowska (Pol)-Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro (Fra)
Qualifiée-Qualifiée
8-Patty Schnyder (Sui)-Suioon Jeong Cho (Cor-S)

4-Elena Dementieva (Rus)-Barbora Strycova (Tch)
Sanda Mamic (Cro)-Lisa Raymond (E-U)
Akiko Morigami (Jap)-Angela Haynes (E-U)
Maria Elena Camerin (Ita)-31-Karolina Sprem (Cro)
18-Silvia Farina Elia (Ita)-Anne Kremer (Lux)
Shenay Perry (E-U)-Arantxa Parra Santonja (Esp)
Sophie Ferguson (Aus)-Mariana Diaz-Oliva (Arg)
Yuliana Fedak (Ukr)-16-Elena Likhovtseva (Rus)

11-Venus Williams (E-U)-Marta Marrero (Esp)
Fabiola Zuluaga (Col)-Qualifiée
Alyona Bondarenko (Ukr)-Sesil Karatantcheva (Bul)
Julia Schruff (All)-19-Shinobu Asagoe (Jap)
27-Amy Frazier (E-U)-Meghann Shaughnessy (E-U)
Emilie Loit (Fra)-Claudine Schaul (Lux)
Tatiana Perebiynis (Ukr)-Emmanuelle Gagliardi (Sui)
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (Esp)-5-Anastasia Myskina (Rus)

7-Nadia Petrova (Rus)-Mashona Washington (E-U)
Abigail Spears (E-U)-Séverine Beltrame (Fra)
Kveta Peschke (Tch)-Dally Randriantefy (Mad)
Shahar Peer (Isr)-28-Marion Bartoli (Fra)
17-Tatiana Golovin (Fra)-Lilia Osterloh (E-U)
Antonella Serra Zanetti (Ita)-Marlene Weingartner (All)
Martina Sucha (Slq)-Tathiana Garbin (Ita)
Maria Vento-kabchi (Ven)-12-Elena Bovina (Rus)

15-Jelena Jankovic (Scg)-Anna Smashnova (Isr)
Roberta Vinci (Ita)-Anna-Lena Groenefeld (All)
Qualifiée-Nicole Vaidisova (Tch)
Jie Zheng (Chi)-22-Francesca Schiavone (Ita)
29-Ana Ivanovic (Scg)-Stéphanie Foretz (Fra)
Iveta Benesova (Tch)-Pauline Parmentier (Fra)
Alina Jidkova (Rus)-Alizé Cornet (Fra)
Evie Dominikovic (Aus)-3-Amélie Mauresmo (Fra)

6-Svetlana Kuznetsova (Rus)-Mathilde Johansson (Fra)
Qualifiée-Eleni Daniilidou (Gre)
Marissa Irvin (E-U)-Nicole Pratt (Aus)
Sania Mirza (Ind)-30-Gisela Dulko (Arg)
24-Magdalena Maleeva (Bul)-Rika Fujiwara (Jap)
Qualifiée-Anabel Medina Garrigues (Esp)
Virginia Ruano Pascual (Esp)-Qualifiée
Conchita Martinez (Esp)-10-Justine Henin-Hardenne (Bel)

13-Nathalie Dechy (Fra)-Michaela Pastikova (Tch)
Silvija Talaja (Cro)-Samantha Stosur (Aus)
Youlia Fedossova (Fra)-Kristina Brandi (P-R)
Nuria Llagostera Vives (Esp)-23-Ai Sugiyama (Jap)
26-Paola Suarez (Arg)-Anna Chakvetadze (Rus)
Qualifiée-Klara Koukalova (Tch)
Camille Pin (Fra)-Aravane Rezai (Fra)
Evguénia Linetskaya (Rus)-2-Maria Sharapova (Rus)

Mark Spruce
May 20th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Not Bad, I hope that Mary can get past the first match and just settle down and relax. I would love to see Mary in the 2nd week

Mark

aimee20
May 20th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I love the draw :)

sebbe
May 20th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I really like the situation this year at RG... everybody seams to think that Patty will go very far. She said once that Mary is her toughest opponent, and sure Mary will be a tough test for Patty and I think Mary can beat her. Mary is a real underdog this year and I believe that Mary like those situations.

rsunderji
May 20th, 2005, 06:30 PM
great draw for mary...serena just pulled out

Andy.
May 21st, 2005, 01:29 AM
If Mary can get underway smoothly and realy destry her oppoesition that should put her in a great frame of mind at her best she should beat Patty and Vera and then a quarter final would be awesome. But we must take it match by match. Good luck Mary

aimee20
May 21st, 2005, 01:54 AM
mary leads 4 - 2 in Head to head against Patty.
those two loss 're in 1999 hard court and 2002 green clay at charleston.
which she revenged that loss in hamburg in 2 weeks later.

2002 mary was in very bad shape and she can still beat schnyder so I'm very positive about this draw :)

saby
May 21st, 2005, 08:38 AM
You should not talk about patty, it's not her apponent, vera is, we all know Mary, just take match one by one.

MPadict
May 21st, 2005, 01:08 PM
I don't want to think too much about it but Damned!!!!!! I would be sooooooo disapointed if Mary did not reach the second week....
The draw is so much in her favour... However we better be cautious coz you never know what to expect from Zvonareva. She is very erratic. Then I think PattyIt is usually not something she deals easily with.

sebbe
May 24th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Mary won her first match yesterday with 6-2 7-5... nice win for Mary, Douchevina can be a very tough opponent. Kostanic is next up against Mary. I hope you can do good Mary.

rsunderji
May 24th, 2005, 02:50 PM
they showed mary yesterday on espn, I couldn't believe it! she is looking awesome

sebbe
May 24th, 2005, 02:56 PM
they showed mary yesterday on espn, I couldn't believe it! she is looking awesome

how was she playing? was it a good match?

saby
May 24th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I watched Mary yesterday (at work !!!) it was so cool ...
She played a very good first set, but, during the second, like she said, she lost her tennis, but she was really good at the most important moments. Vera was most of the time overpowered but she played good tennis too.
The french crowd cheered Mary, when she had difficulties to concentrate (I was so happy)
Arnaud Boesch said a lot of good words about Mary (he said she is so fit, when Mary smile and move this way, it's hard to beat her)
Mary played awesome points, incredible, like in 2000 against Monica seles

Mark Spruce
May 24th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Hey saby that is great your saw the match.

I am so happy that the crowd did cheer on Mary when she had troubles.

Mary does look awsome. And I do love the outfit, classy or what >????

Mark

stenen
May 24th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Yesterday's interview France TV2 - Roland Garros Website (http://sport.france2.fr/tennis/rolandgarros/2005/)

Mary Pierce (http://roland-garros.france2.fr/touteslesvideos/IMG/asx/arton18.asx)

stenen
May 24th, 2005, 07:36 PM
©AFP - france2.fr

Mark Spruce
May 24th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks Stenen

Mark

Mark Spruce
May 24th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Oh just found out that Mary is plaing doubles with Svetlana Kuznetsova (http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/bios/ws/wtak552.html)

Mark

Wizzy Maryfan
May 24th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Oh just found out that Mary is plaing doubles with Svetlana Kuznetsova (http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/bios/ws/wtak552.html)

Mark

Draws are done since yesterday, it's time to notice she'll play doubles :angel:

aimee20
May 25th, 2005, 01:49 AM
but why she's going without sponsor for almost a year now.
I just couldn't get it :(

mamno_MARYFAN
May 25th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Great win for Mary...!!!!:worship:

And I love the dress too...!!!;)

Oh well...even if Mary doesn't get Nike...she still has a great outfit....:angel:

Good luck for ur next opponent Mary!!!:bounce:

Andy.
May 25th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Mary is playing tonight on centre court. lets hope for a demolishion job with Mary blasting winnners past her opponent.

mamno_MARYFAN
May 25th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Yeah...she's up against Kostanic rite??

Lets hope that she does well...:angel:

Come on Mary!!!!!:bounce:

Mark Spruce
May 25th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah I wish Mary could have a sponsor

LACOSTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that I spelt it OK

Mark

sebbe
May 25th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Wow, what a nice match, didn't see it but can imagine....good luck and beat vera now:D.....would be soo nice

Mark Spruce
May 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Zvonareva is Mary's apponent in the 3rd round, oh Mary and Svetlana will play Zuzana Ondraskova & Renata Voracova in the doubles.

Mark

Mark Spruce
May 27th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Mary Pierce: "I want to enjoy myself"
I have to forget I'm in Paris and play my matches as if this were a tournament like any other. Roland Garros represents so much for me that I need to avoid putting pressure on myself. I'm physically and mentally ready. I still feel at home on the circuit. I still enjoy it just as much. I want to enjoy myself before the time comes to retire.

Pierce, forty and counting
In crushing Croatia's Jelena Kostanic 6-1, 6-0 today, in just 58 minutes, Mary Pierce wrote her name in the French Open record books. The champion of 2000 notched her 40th win in Paris, joining ten other women to have achieved that feat. The absolute record is held by Steffi Graff, who won an incredible 84 matches on the Roland Garros clay. The win also means that Pierce, now aged 30, has reached the third round for the eleventh time in 15 participations.

sebbe
May 27th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Mary is now in fourth round (last sixteen). Next is Patty, it will be a very tough match but you can do it Mary. Good Luck

Mark Spruce
May 28th, 2005, 10:27 PM
I have just added two video interviews of Mary's first two match's to my site.

www.mary-pierce.org

regards

Mark

sebbe
May 29th, 2005, 04:15 PM
This is incredible...Mary has reached the quaterfinal again. She just beat Patty with 6-1 1-6 6-4 after 10 matchpoints. The eleventh was the final one. So Davenport in next round, not impossible but a hard one.

ashwu
May 29th, 2005, 04:25 PM
mary played great in the 3rd set! except the match points :P
congrat mary!!!

Scotso
May 29th, 2005, 04:28 PM
ALLEZ!!!!! :D

Hopefully she'll beat Davenport now.

saby
May 29th, 2005, 07:32 PM
I think Mary can do it, but she will have to win first set, and stay concentrate in second set.
I scared about a third set !!!

saby
May 30th, 2005, 04:14 PM
SHE IS AT HOME

It was the title of today's article, journalists asked to Mary, if she can talk to others french players and teach them how to play relax "at home".

In this article they are saying "Mary has decided long time ago that she was at home at RG and on the center court, it's hers, that is all !!" this is why she plays relax.

Before RG Mary asked to the french federation president the possibility to have a place only for her, where she can come and concentrate, pray.... alone.

good luck for next round !!

Mark Spruce
May 30th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks saby for the piece

Hope you as well and ok

take care

mark

rsunderji
May 30th, 2005, 05:05 PM
for those who haven't yet read this, great interview with mary after her match vs patty. The first bit was aired but not the later stuff. this is just a transcript:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2005-05-29/200505291117387372684.html

rsunderji
May 30th, 2005, 05:12 PM
what is she talking about? what a sore loser...

Schnyder was also less than impressed by Pierce's stop-start way of playing.

"Well, that's the way she is," she said. "It's true she does that. With the crowd, sometimes you also need to wait, but she likes to do it like that."

Struggling to make sense of the defeat she added: "At the end, there was a bit of wind. I'm a little bit lost when I'm playing against the wind ... there were a number of factors and you mustn't forget the crowd."

rsunderji
May 30th, 2005, 05:13 PM
more from schnyder (source: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/french05/news/story?id=2071328)

Schnyder, who survived 10 match points before being edged out 6-1, 1-6, 6-4 by French favorite Mary Pierce, was clearly upset by the crowd's cooly biased reaction to her comeback.

"I've been playing wonderful shots, and it felt just like a funeral in that second set," the Swiss player said.

"This isn't what you want to see as a tennis player, because what you want to feel is respect."

Mark Spruce
May 30th, 2005, 05:57 PM
yes a bit of a sore looser. Must have been very dissappoiting for her. But very good for us and Mary jejej

Some times I think that players/Pro's should be able to keep out the antics of other players.

I think that the French crowd will only have a go at yuou if you do somthing to annoy them, and especially if is against a French player.

mark

saby
May 30th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I think that the French crowd will only have a go at yuou if you do somthing to annoy them, and especially if is against a French player.
mark

You are right Mark, I watch RG for so many years and I can tell you that, if the crowd think you did something bad, you will know it very quickly.

Did you watched Mary Vs Vera, at one moment vera had a bad reaction toward a ball boy (it was not against Mary), at this point the crowd has been very bad with her.

They are trying to help french players it's true but not only them, today I watched Henin Vs Kutznetsova and the crowd was trying to help justine, because they felt she had difficulties. Nadal has been applaused after he defeated Grosjean...

If you want the crowd to support you, you have to be nice first and after they will cheer you. It's not easy to play a french player but not impossible, i'm sure Davenport will not have any problem with the crowd.

Mark Spruce
May 30th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Hi Saby,

I have to agree with you, I am sure that the crowd will be good dowards Davenport. But lets hoep that the crowd will be really loud and cheer Mary on when ever they can.

I have not seen any of the matches (SAD) As the ESPN are really bad for the womens tennis. The only time I will get to see Mary is when she plays the semi anf final hopefull.

Mark
I still think the ebst one was with Hingis and Steffi.

sebbe
May 31st, 2005, 05:35 PM
I really don't understand....where did Mary find this form. It's increadible the way she is playing. Lindsay did have a chance today....Mary was on fire, especially on the returns. I was a little bit afraid that after the first set that Lindsay were going to play better but Mary just hung in there. Mary was moving very well and everytime she had the chance to hit a winner she did. I'm so surprised, I don't know what do think for the next rounds.

Next round will obviously different story cuz now Mary will be the favourite. But if she play like today she will win and reach another grand slam final. Would be so cool.

So next up is the semifinal in Roland Garros 2005.

Good Luck Mary

rsunderji
May 31st, 2005, 08:31 PM
pierce interview transcript after qf win over davenport:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2005-05-31/200505311117564924378.html

Mark Spruce
May 31st, 2005, 08:42 PM
Hi,

I have just aploaded to my site, the English Interview, and some articles and also soon the video interview as well.

www.mary-pierce.org

Mark

rsunderji
May 31st, 2005, 09:00 PM
hey she talks about having a pain in her abductor, does anyone know what part of the body that is? is it abs?

ali
May 31st, 2005, 09:16 PM
Interesting in the interview she talks about working with her Dad again. If I recall correctly, he also practiced with her a bit before she won in 2000. Another good omen? <fingers crossed smilie>

stenen
May 31st, 2005, 09:22 PM
hey she talks about having a pain in her abductor, does anyone know what part of the body that is?

In her thigh. It's nothing serious so don't worry.

Mark Spruce
May 31st, 2005, 10:29 PM
Hi Ali,

Maybe once every 5 years to work with her Dad is a good thing. But I will never forgive him for what he has put Mary though.

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 1st, 2005, 08:37 AM
hey she talks about having a pain in her abductor, does anyone know what part of the body that is? is it abs?

I think its a mucle in her thigh;)

Mary's 1st Fan
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:53 AM
Mary said that she only needs one day to rest and it could be better.
But i hate the questions of the journalists. Did you read the interview on Rolandgarros' web site. The journalist said " Mary if you lose on Friday nobody will understand this since you have beaten Davenport!!!!!!" I think it is totally stupid to say this since it puts pressure on Mary!!! Why did they always asked so stupid question to Mary. What did you think of this?

suzie
Jun 1st, 2005, 11:00 AM
Mary said that she only needs one day to rest and it could be better.
But i hate the questions of the journalists. Did you read the interview on Rolandgarros' web site. The journalist said " Mary if you lose on Friday nobody will understand this since you have beaten Davenport!!!!!!" I think it is totally stupid to say this since it puts pressure on Mary!!! Why did they always asked so stupid question to Mary. What did you think of this?
Usual french press play acting... Nothing new under the sun! :rolleyes:
Hope she's fine for friday. ALLEZ!

saby
Jun 1st, 2005, 12:11 PM
It's a stupid question... but there is a great article about Mary today, I'm a Mary's fans for years.... and I never never read an article like that, journalists are nice to Mary, saying great things about her and SHE IS FRENCH FOR SURE NOW that's their words..... I think i'm in another world !!!

Mary's 1st Fan
Jun 1st, 2005, 12:43 PM
It's a stupid question... but there is a great article about Mary today, I'm a Mary's fans for years.... and I never never read an article like that, journalists are nice to Mary, saying great things about her and SHE IS FRENCH FOR SURE NOW that's their words..... I think i'm in another world !!!

Really I am so happy for Mary. In which newspaper is it please?

Mark Spruce
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:12 PM
Where can I find it.

That is great that there is finalyl an article like that.

Mark

stenen
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:15 PM
There is a poll whether Mary will win at RG again on http://www.lequipe.fr
right now it's 57% yes and 43% no. Please cast your vote.

saby
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:55 PM
Where can I find it. That is great that there is finalyl an article like that. Mark

You want it Mark !!! I will send it to you

L'équipe, who else has been bad with Mary !!!

Mary said

"TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE"

French journalists said :

"ROARED OUT AS A LIONESS"

Keep going Mary, 2 more steps, please

Mark Spruce
Jun 1st, 2005, 02:55 PM
you are the best SABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take care

Mark

rsunderji
Jun 1st, 2005, 03:20 PM

where can we find the article?

saby
Jun 1st, 2005, 03:43 PM
It's from the newspaper l'équipe

You are from canada right? I know canada receive "l'équipe" too, maybe you will find it in few days, (i went to canada and I found the newspaper, i found it in New york too ...) maybe you can try the link of lequipe.fr or lequipetv.fr

rsunderji
Jun 1st, 2005, 03:53 PM
It's from the newspaper l'équipe

You are from canada right? I know canada receive "l'équipe" too, maybe you will find it in few days, (i went to canada and I found the newspaper, i found it in New york too ...) maybe you can try the link of lequipe.fr or lequipetv.fr

yup from Toronto. I'll keep an eye out for the paper and look for it on the net, thanx for the info

saby
Jun 1st, 2005, 04:02 PM
For second times in 2 day Mary is on first page

the title is "Sur un nuage" "on a cloud" if it can help you

Yesterday it was "Mary à tous prix" the french title for the movie "There is something about Mary"

saby
Jun 1st, 2005, 04:04 PM
oops i spelt it wrong "Mary à tout prix"

améliemomo
Jun 1st, 2005, 06:26 PM
Amazing Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to her!!!!!!!!!!its a real pleasure to see her playing such a high level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love mary, she is a very cool and class player, hope she she will reach the finale and take it again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allez Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sebbe
Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:18 PM
That was cruel....Mary just blowed Elena of the court. She really crushed her, and watch the stats .... 26 winners and just 11 ue...impressive win. Mary was very tough mentally this match anad didn't really show any signs on being nervous. This was the best way she could have won in. A big congratulation and a good luck in the big Final!! against Justine.

Would you guys believe, Mary is really in the FINAL!! Would you every had thought that if I told you that half a year ago??

saby
Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:42 PM
That was cruel....Mary just blowed Elena of the court. She really crushed her, and watch the stats .... 26 winners and just 11 ue...impressive win. Mary was very tough mentally this match anad didn't really show any signs on being nervous. This was the best way she could have won in. A big congratulation and a good luck in the big Final!! against Justine.

Would you guys believe, Mary is really in the FINAL!! Would you every had thought that if I told you that half a year ago??

26 winners hum...did we watch the same match??? french tv said 50 winners and Mary was up 6.1 4.1

let's check the stats...

Résumé du match

Pierce (http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/bios/ws/wtap142.html) (FRA) % de premiers services

24 pour 36 = 67 %

Aces

0 Doubles fautes1 Fautes directes11 % de premiers services gagnants20 pour 24 = 83 % % de seconds services gagnants9 pour 13 = 69 % Points gagnants (dont services)26 Pts gagnées au retour27 pour 47 = 57 % Balles de break converties5 pour 7 = 71 % Montée à la volée9 pour 10 = 90 % Total des points gagnés56 Service le plus rapide186 km/h Vitesse moyenne du premier service162 km/h Vitesse moyenne du second service138 km/h

sebbe
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=saby]26 winners hum...did we watch the same match??? french tv said 50 winners and Mary was up 6.1 4.1

let's check the stats...

well it says 26 winners and 11 ue at www.rolandgarros.com :)

saby
Jun 2nd, 2005, 07:00 PM
I was talking about those points :

Total des points gagnés 56
Fautes directes11

Oneofakind0490
Jun 2nd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone. I really want Mary to win and think she will. But a lot of people on Gm are makeing me so mad because they think Justine will thrash Mary. I hope they all can be surprised and Mary beats Justine.

rsunderji
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:13 PM
nice pic of mary after her win sf win over likhovtseva:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/rsunderji/Mary%20Pierce/pierce2.jpg

sebbe
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:38 PM
Hey everyone. I really want Mary to win and think she will. But a lot of people on Gm are makeing me so mad because they think Justine will thrash Mary. I hope they all can be surprised and Mary beats Justine.

I will never understand why people make so many predictios before a match, I mean, both Justine and Mary are obviosly big and wellrespected players. With these two players you never know, and especially with Mary. Usually she is quite unpredictable..though these two weeks she has been so great and consistent.

Usually I never have any kind of thoughts about a match or the result before it will be played, cuz in todays tennis everything can happend. I believe that in the ladies final on saturday the player with the hardest believe and the hunger will be the one who lifts the throphy.

Okey, you have to look on some aspects between the players like the technical aspect, movement, power, smartness and things like that.
Everything I know is that Justine should win if you look on the paper. She has 26-1 this year on clay, she has been sudge a big fighter and she is moving so well. Justine also have the knowledge of mixing her game up, that can be a disturbing ting for Mary. And also, Justine is of course moving very well, and don't to forget she is ranked higher than Mary.

Mary on the other hand is one of the players on the tour that hit the ball hardest. Mary is one of those who really can hit through Justine's defense and make Justine run like hell. I must say that Mary's returns really has impressed me this tournament and if she can continue to return Justines serve like she has done in the other matches Mary will have a big advantage over Justine. For me Mary is the one of them who wants to win this absolutely most. She has the hunger and the believe to win this whole damn thing. Mary also has the french crowd behind her and will support her nomatter what.

I can just say that this Final is going to be very interesting. My biggest wish is that Mary will be standing on saturday on Philipe Chatrier and lift the trophy.

Scotso
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:10 PM
Ignore their predictions, it doesn't matter.

I think that Mary will be so relaxed... and win or lose she will be happy.

You know, before this tournament started I had no real hopes for Mary. I would have been satisfied if she had just made the third round. But, she has amazed me yet again. And best of all, she has done it with class and gratitude. So many players go out there and pout and look so miserable to be professional athletes making millions to play a game. Mary looks like she really appreciates it. I love her for that.

Good luck, Mary. Win or lose you've made me extremely proud of you.

saby
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:13 PM
I love that pic !!!

I hope you are right Sebbe, may our wish come true, I want to see Mary holding the trophy once again, after 5 longs years of injuries, she deserves it.

Declan
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:16 PM
Like last time I'll be too nervous to watch! I'll have the most awful afternoon imaginable, away from home, the TV, the computer...I'll only want to know the score when it's over!

saby
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:27 PM
I heard Justine talked about Mary after the match and she said a lot of good words about Mary, (Mary did the same) apparently they both like each other.

There is one thing journalist were talking with Justine :

She said,

I turned 23 yesterday,
I didn't lose for 23 matches,
On saturday if I win it will be my 23 titles
23 is my favourite number

In my head I thought, oh my god, Mary is ranked number 23 at the wta

I'm getting crazy !!!

ali
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
In my head I thought, oh my god, Mary is ranked number 23 at the wta

I'm getting crazy !!!
:lol: All these weird coincidences - but don't forget, Mary's got the 5 years a Grand Slam numbers game too!

Scotso
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:09 PM
I heard Justine talked about Mary after the match and she said a lot of good words about Mary, (Mary did the same) apparently they both like each other.

Of course they do, they're good friends.

Mark Spruce
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:51 PM
Hi,

I did not know they were good friends. I just hope that maybe Mary can thinking of Kick Some Ass on Saturday ejjejej

I am so nervous and excited at the same time and it is killing me jejej

regards

Mark

sebbe
Jun 2nd, 2005, 11:32 PM
This is so huge!!!

I really can't wait until saturday.

So much Good Luck Mary!!

Andy.
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:43 AM
This is such a huge moment for her will be watching and supporting her with everything ive got. Good luck Mary just one more magical win. PS does anyone know what her projected ranking will be win or lose.

Mark Spruce
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:02 AM
I just read on Yahoo even if she does not win she will get like 13 and 11 if she does.

Lets hope it is the 11 one jhejejej

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:36 AM
Gosh...this is it...the final countdown...:bounce:

I'm having no illusions here...Justine is arguably the most craftiest, formidable opponent on clay...and the toughest opponent for Mary so far...also Mary has never beaten Justine before...:sad:

But after all...this is the French Open...and Mary always plays well here...especially in the final...Mary will love the centre stage, the crowd support...and remember back in 2000 semifinals??? Mary was like losing all previous 5 matches all straight sets to Hingis...and yet she played great and powerful that Hingis had no chance...:bounce:

So I hope the same thing will happen this Saturday...lets hope Mary plays well, great, powerful.....!!!!:bounce:

Good luck MARY...!!!!:bounce:

GO MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Jun 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
It is going to be hard for sure.

But there seems to be a twinkle in Mary's eye, and I think that she will do it. It is going to be hard.

Mary feels at home in Paris and at RG, and the crowd will be behind her all of the way.

COME ON GUYS AND LADY'S Lets wish Mary all of the best and say a little prayer for her. Every little bit helps

Mark

ashwu
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:10 PM
i'm so proud of her! henin is a tough opponent. mary is the underdog. i wish mary could play a perfect match and beat henin tomorrow~ that would be truely amazing...

saby
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:20 PM
EVERYTHING
IS POSSIBLE

WHY NOT
AFTER ALL

WHO CAN BEAT

ANYBODY
ANYTIME
ANYWHERE

if it's not MARY
who is it ???

rsunderji
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:28 PM
goooooooooooooooooooooooooo Mmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyy yyyyyyyyyyyypppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Andy.
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:49 PM
Lets hope for one more Miracle. Win or lose tomorow i have been so proud of her, she is finaly back to where she deserves to be being a top player again.

Ambrosia
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:13 PM
Gosh...this is it...the final countdown...:bounce:

I'm having no illusions here...Justine is arguably the most craftiest, formidable opponent on clay...and the toughest opponent for Mary so far...also Mary has never beaten Justine before...:sad:

But after all...this is the French Open...and Mary always plays well here...especially in the final...Mary will love the centre stage, the crowd support...and remember back in 2000 semifinals??? Mary was like losing all previous 5 matches all straight sets to Hingis...and yet she played great and powerful that Hingis had no chance...:bounce:

I didn’t even think about that semifinal with Hingis but it’s a good analogy to give Mary confidence. Justine is much more aggressive than Hingis but they are cut from the same crafty cloth. I just hope that Mary isn’t stubborn to change up her game if her power is off tomorrow.

Frenchragazzo
Jun 3rd, 2005, 08:00 PM
I want so much Mary to win Roland Garros tomorrow, even if I know it will be a difficult match !

Allez Mary !!! :) :wavey:

suzie
Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:33 PM
Bonne Chance Mary!

Mark Spruce
Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:45 PM
Well this is my last log on until tommorow.

I am really nervous and it is making me feel awful. So I hope I am taking Mary's nerve as well.

I want so much with all of my heart for Mary to win it. She deserves it so so much.

Mary best of luck babe you have fun out there and just be you.

regards

Mark

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Don't worry about Mary. She won't be nervous. She wants this, and she'll be ready. Justine will have to play amazing tennis to beat her.

Go Mary, just do it!

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Its great that everybody is optimistic about Mary's chances in the final....:angel:

And I'm going to be so too....:angel:

Come on Mary....U CAN DO IT!!!! YES!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

JMC
Jun 4th, 2005, 07:37 AM
....I don't know how to explain it but if yesterday i thought that Justine would be too much stronger to fight :devil: , now i have the feeling that Mary has really a goog d chance to win :lick: ! First of all Justine said after her semi that she feels her legs very heavy (when you know that it's one of her best weapon !) secondly she spent much more time on court since the beginning of this tournament, the stats showed in her semi that she played not as good the her quarter (less strenght ?) and her service is not very very good.

You know i think that with the crowd in majority behin her, if she stays focused while being very agressive :devil: (she has to be very agressive since the first minute of the match if she wants to have a chance, because with Justine in a finale it is not possible other way...), hitting heavy balls (please God not in middle distance of the court) flirting with the lines, and a good first service, then it is really possible to win :bounce: .

The key of the match will be for her to not be imposed by the play of Justine; in my advice i think that the one who will take the play the first (who will dictate her game in fact), even if she has to take enormous risks (no other chances to win), these one will win. :)

I am very confident in fact because Mary knows that if she does'tn win RG 2005, then the opportunity to reach again this finale is very low....So mentally it will be determinent for her , giving her strenght i hope. At this state of the competition she is now very strong mentaly and determined to not let her chance go away....It will be very very very difficult we all know it, Justine will for sure try not to propose the same ball at each return and that will be i think the biggest difficulty :o for Mary, more than the very good mobility of the Belgium.

Anyway what ever happens saturday, it is really really AMAZING :bounce: , Mary has already win :lick: :lick: :lick: ; Everybody talks about her now and admit that she returns to be one of the greatest female player, what she accomplished at 30 is unbelievable, incredible, everybody in the world knows that she has to be taken very seriously now; and next week she will be ranked around 11 ! Did we expect thar honnestly ???? :hearts:

Suddenly i am wondering that : "And if it would be only the begining of a long history of lot of big wins....Why not ? With Mary, it is now a fact that everything is possible.AMAZING GIRL.UNIQUE ONE :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

MARY GOOOOOOOO YOU CAN DO IT GIRL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BUT OVERALL I AM SO PROUD OF WHAT YOU ACCOPLISHED WHAT EVER HAPPENS SATURDAY.I FEEL LIKE DREAMING..... :angel: :hearts:

saby
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:57 AM
I have the same feeling, it can't be another way

we all have to keep faith in Mary and like the french newspaper said..

Justine will face
MARY FROM PARIS

Declan
Jun 4th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I have to go out now -I can't watch the final. But I'll be thinking of nothing else all afternoon, of course! I pray Mary is on top form from the offset and that Henin-Hardenne has passed her peak in this tournament...we all know Mary has the ability to defeat ANYONE, and with the crowd support and all of us willing her to victory, I am sure she can do it!!.....

sebbe
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:02 PM
The final will soon begin.

saby
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:08 PM
I trust Mary and and really hope Georges Goven studied Justine very well and gave Mary all the informations she needs to beat her.

Edman
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:16 PM
I believe in Mary.
Mary always plays ecpecially well in the final,as she knows one stop further, she can be the heroine.
I really hopes she can be the champion.
I started loning her in 1999 and well 6 years.....today I can have a chance to see her to claim the title again... :hug:
how amazing, let's cheer for her against Henin!

ali
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Good luck to Mary. I'm so nervous right now. I hope she goes out there and really enjoys herself, this is her day!!

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I won't be here during the final, but I wanted to post one last ALLEZ for Mary! I'll be watching on TV with my entire family (all Mary fans since 1990) and cheering her on to victory.

ALLEZ MARY!

sebbe
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:57 PM
WEATHER CONDITIONS at Roland Garros in Paris are superb. There isn't a cloud in the sky and no wind to speak of.

Sounds perfect.

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 02:56 PM
I'm going to cry. Looks like I'll have to avoid GM for a while.

Fight Mary!

I'm not watching anymore. I can't stomach it.

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 02:57 PM
WEATHER CONDITIONS at Roland Garros in Paris are superb. There isn't a cloud in the sky and no wind to speak of.

Sounds perfect.

No, it's cloudy, rainy, and windy.

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Mary holds.

1-6 1-3

fight Mary!

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Mary 8 winners, 21 errors. She's so obviously way off her game. :(

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Don't give up, Mary, she can still get tight!

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Oh Mary :crying2:

I'm still really proud of you :hug:

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:20 PM
This situation makes me think of "I'll Stand By You" by the Pretenders.

A grand slam final at her age and after everything is amazing. Hopefully Mary will continue to have a good year after this.

gillibean
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:30 PM
yeah is really disappointing - i really like justine but pierce's form really impressed me. shame.

ClaudiaZ-S
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:36 PM
yeah is really disappointing - i really like justine but pierce's form really impressed me. shame.

Courage according to the prediction :

AUS 95
FRA 00
UK 05 ! :)

saby
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Mary said she's going to play and will come back next year

Oneofakind0490
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I'm upset about Mary's play but she had a great two weeks. Maybe she wasn't supposed to win the Fernch this year but Wimbledon.

ali
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Poor Mary :sad: Such a shame, she just couldn't find any form at all today. I don't think the conditions helped, but she was just off the whole match. I hope she doesn't take the defeat too hard, she looked so upset with herself. She can be proud of her achievement in getting to the final.

The speeches at the end had me crying like a baby! Mary obvioulsy felt she had let everyone down, I've never seen her like that before. Just wanted to give her a big hug - I hope she can get over this and look to the future. She's had an amazing tournament and her die-hard fans who've followed her for the past few years through all the ups and downs are so proud of her.

I hope the media don't give her a hard time. She's still the most sucessful French player still playing and gave her all this tournament.

Mark Spruce
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Mary please do not give up. You are the best. I feel so much for you right now.

seeing Mary cry made me really upset. She must be feeling so bad right now. I wish I could give he a big hug and some kind words.

I am so glad that she will be back.

Mark

Mark Spruce
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Hi ali,

yes I hope that the media will be good to her. She has always been so good to them.

Mary you show so much class.

HUGS

Mark

katiektc
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Congrats to Mary on a fantastic two weeks. She has done really well. Hope she continues to have a good 2005!

Mark Spruce
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:30 PM
HUGS for you mary

Mark

Declan
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Mary did fantastically well this tournament. How many of us really expected, or even dared hope, that she'd be a finalist? I guess it was just one match too many for Mary this time. I'm glad I didn't watch it, and the ceremony sounds too traumatic to watch too.
I am so pleased about and proud of Mary's accomplishments this last fortnight.

:Rawwb:
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Mary :hug: Great two weeks you did better than everyones xpectations :hug:

ashwu
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:48 PM
mary played a very very bad match... she's not in her own pace the whole match. i'm so upset :sad: :sad: :sad:
but i am also very proud of her, she played an amazing grand slam after all the injuries:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i'm so sad watching her crying:sad:

Declan
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:55 PM
What about Henin-Hardenne? I didn't watch the match, and everyone's talking about Mary being off-form. How was Justine? I can't bring myself to like her, I must admit - never have done, nothing to do with today. Any sign of this fatigue that we've heard so much about?

saby
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Mary was not at her best and Justine play great tennis

She said to the french crowd that she was sorry for today and she started to cry

sebbe
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I am so pleased with Mary reaching the final and the way Mary played these two weeks. Today I agree with the swedish commentators, we all must feel sorry for Mary cuz she couldn't get her nerves under controll and also, nothing worked the way Mary wanted. She wasn't able to show the tennis she really has inside her.

It really touched my heart when Mary started crying during the price cermony, I can feel her disapointment.

Though after some time Mary has to look back on these weeks and just take this great moment with her into the future. Also, Mary is back in top 15...that is a great thing, she is back where she should be on the ranking.

Many hugs to you Mary and Good Luck this gras-season.

ali
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Declan - Justine played okay, but she didn't really have to do that much, Mary was very poor. I think the conditions meant that Mary's power shots just didn't have any impact on Justine, she was in control the whole match. I'm not sure what happened to Mary, the first game she played okay, then she just started making lots of unforced errors. Some really bad ones - a few missed smashes, volleys and lots of her shots going long.

Justine didn't really have the chance to get fatigued, although the commentators (very bloody biased on the BBC, wish I'd watched it on Eurosport now - Jo Durie likes Mary!) were saying Justine wanted to win quickly because of the fatigue issue. She looked very sprightly to me though.

Just one more thing about the BBC commentators, Chris Bailey must be the most annoying, unprofessional and damn right rude commentator ever. I'm going to write to Sue Barker and complain! ;) He even said "I'll be honest, I don't like Pierce" and was gushing about Justine. It made me sick. Sam Smith just goes on about Mary's preening (which is so cliched now and old hat), it was awful to watch. I wouldn't mind, but the only thing Chris Bailey ever did in tennis was lose a second round match to Goran at Wimbledon :mad: :mad:

Sorry - rant over :o

ashwu
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:16 PM
our commentator is the worst. i don't even wanna talk about it. :(

mary push too hard, she didn't have to... and her forehand is aweful today...
i also think she changed her strategy too late.

Declan
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Declan - Justine played okay, but she didn't really have to do that much, Mary was very poor. I think the conditions meant that Mary's power shots just didn't have any impact on Justine, she was in control the whole match. I'm not sure what happened to Mary, the first game she played okay, then she just started making lots of unforced errors. Some really bad ones - a few missed smashes, volleys and lots of her shots going long.

Justine didn't really have the chance to get fatigued, although the commentators (very bloody biased on the BBC, wish I'd watched it on Eurosport now - Jo Durie likes Mary!) were saying Justine wanted to win quickly because of the fatigue issue. She looked very sprightly to me though.

Just one more thing about the BBC commentators, Chris Bailey must be the most annoying, unprofessional and damn right rude commentator ever. I'm going to write to Sue Barker and complain! ;) He even said "I'll be honest, I don't like Pierce" and was gushing about Justine. It made me sick. Sam Smith just goes on about Mary's preening (which is so cliched now and old hat), it was awful to watch. I wouldn't mind, but the only thing Chris Bailey ever did in tennis was lose a second round match to Goran at Wimbledon :mad: :mad:

Sorry - rant over :o
Thanks, ali! How unprofessional of Bailey! What do we care who he likes or dislikes? His personal opinions of players should be kept private, and not be alllowed to colour his commentary. You're right: he is 'famous' for losing a match many years ago -and also for somehow managing to play Mixed at Wimbledon with Sanchez Vicario one year! (They lost early then, too, as I recall! I wonder why?!...)

ClaudiaZ-S
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Mary will be n°13 according to French tv & Justine n°7 !

NicoMary
Jun 4th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I LOVE MARY:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

RESPECT FOR HER SHE WAS SOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUTTTTTTEEEE:sad: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

GREAT TOURNAMENT MARY

Mark Spruce
Jun 4th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I love Mary
I Respect Mary

She is the best

Mark

Oneofakind0490
Jun 4th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I don't think justine played that well. She was just consistent. Mary at the end of the match wasn't hitting hard she was moonballing Justine.

ClaudiaZ-S
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I don't think justine played that well. She was just consistent. Mary at the end of the match wasn't hitting hard she was moonballing Justine.

She made very big mistakes :confused: She played a very strange match ! :eek: :sad:

Oneofakind0490
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Mary made big mistakes for going for broke on Justines first serve. She didn't need to do that and hit them out most of the time. She also missed a easy overhead which she might have nessed up on because of wind but it was such a easy shot to hit and she netted it. Then at the end she kinda gaave up and lsot two games she moonballed a lot. Henin did hit two errors from it but then got used to it.

stenen
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I'm very pleased that Mary made it to final but little sad that she didn't play as well as I expected. Good luck at Wimby!

ashwu
Jun 5th, 2005, 03:34 AM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20050604/050604203800.hq0ttvia1b.jpg

poor mary :sad: :sad: :sad:

Mark Spruce
Jun 5th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Yes that was so sad ASH, it made me so upset, I just hope that the media will be kind to her.

HUGS Mary

regards

Mark

Andy.
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:56 AM
This is really sad after she had such a terrific week. Im still so happy that she made it this far she showed true grace in defeat i hope she will be OK

MissTennisFan
Jun 5th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Hi Everyone -- I hope you're all well!

As far as I'm concerned, these have been the greatest two weeks in sports in, well, the past five years. They have only further cemented my respect for Mary Pierce, and I am so grateful... grateful to Mary: she's shown so much heart, generosity, determination and just pure class during the past two weeks, grateful to David Pierce, grateful I was able to see it all, grateful to Arnaud Boetsch and Guy Forget because they're always so respectful of Mary when commentating her matches and, I have to say, grateful the coverage was actually pretty good this year

Other than that, what can I say that has not already been said? The closing ceremony? I can only assume that like many of us, millions of people around the world must have broken down in tears watching Mary so overcome by emotion... what a beautiful, poignant speech she gave, I have never heard an athlete say anthing so moving. What a truly amazing feat, while some members of the media clearly recognize the greatness of Mary's accomplishment, for others -- as one should expect -- it has been overshadowed by a poor showing in the finals.

Well I am sorry Mary lost, I would have wanted her to win just as much as the next fan, but that doesn't diminish her accomplishment in any way; five years ago Mary won the French Open, four years ago people were saying her career was over and yet somehow she found the resolve to overcome adversity and get back into shape to make it to the finals of what is probably the most grueling Grand Slam tournament. Who would have thought? Definitely not those morons writing their moronic articles.

Mary never once complained, just another display of her incredible class... she just barely hinted during a couple of press conferences that very few people believed in her all along. I am sure, however, she knows that she has a considerable group of fans who have also always believed in her, who just knew that there were better days ahead; and thankfully, here they are!

Thank you, Mary Pierce. You are truly the classiest, most gracious role model out there.

Sorry for rambling on for so long,
MissTennisFan

PS: Pour ceux qui regardent France Televisions, suis-je la seule a trouver Nelson Montfort aux limites de l'insupportable??

saby
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Hi Everyone -- I hope you're all well!

Thank you, Mary Pierce. You are truly the classiest, most gracious role model out there.

PS: Pour ceux qui regardent France Televisions, suis-je la seule a trouver Nelson Montfort aux limites de l'insupportable??

You are truly right

PS : Il y a des questions qu'il ne devrait pas poser, ou alors les formuler autrement

Je trouve que certains commantateurs devrait se renseigner un peu, au moins sur les joueuses française (ou français) quand j'entends que David est le petit ami de Mary...enfin
Heureusement que Forget, Boetch et tauziat étaient là

Je dois avouer aussi que les commentaires du début et de la fin de RG m'ont bien fait rire. Personne ne parlait de Mary et d'un coup c'est la meilleure. C'est bizaRre car Mary n'a pas changé, ah si pardon elle est en finale à RG...

MissTennisFan
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:32 AM
You are truly right

PS : Il y a des questions qu'il ne devrait pas poser, ou alors les formuler autrement

Je trouve que certains commantateurs devrait se renseigner un peu, au moins sur les joueuses française (ou français) quand j'entends que David est le petit ami de Mary...enfin
Heureusement que Forget, Boetch et tauziat étaient là

Je dois avouer aussi que les commentaires du début et de la fin de RG m'ont bien fait rire. Personne ne parlait de Mary et d'un coup c'est la meilleure. C'est bizaRre car Mary n'a pas changé, ah si pardon elle est en finale à RG...

LOL. Tu as tellement raison. En revanche, Tauziat m'a parfois semblé pas très cool avec Mary, j'ai pas du tout aimé qu'elle demande si Mary n'allait pas nous faire qques étirements lors de la cérémonie de cloture pendant un moment aussi chargé d'émotion.

Quant à Montfort, j'ai pas aimé -- je ne sais pas si tu as vu -- lorsqu'ils ont fait venir Mary vendredi en plateau et qu'il lui a dit "je ne sais pas si vous lisez la presse mais il y a une attente énorme pour ce match"... mais ça sert à quoi ce genre de question débile?? Juste à mettre une pression inutile. Ou encore en voyant dans quel état se trouvait Mary après la finale, elle n'arrivait pas du tout à parler, et il insiste quand même en lui posant deux fois la question. Bref, aucune sensibilité et un manque de finesse! Il m'insupporte, il m'insupporte et ce depuis toujours, je ne sais pas comment font les joueurs pour lui parler surtout après les défaites!

En tout cas contente de vous retrouver tous et partager cet énorme bonheur avec vous!

a+
MissTennisFan

Gerri
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:39 AM
:sad: She looked so sad. The damn BBC cut away as she was about to speak so they could show a trailer for the Stella Artois and show a shot of Henman :mad:

I don't know why Chris Bailey feels he's got a right to slag people off, he's even worse as a commentator than he was as a player.

Mary had a great fortnight and showed a lot of people she's far from finished.

saby
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:43 AM
J'ai pas aimé non plus, j'étais à la limite de pleurer quand j'ai aperçu les yeux de Mary, je me suis, oh non elle va pas pleurer, pas ça.

Et le coup de, alors Mary quelle tactic pour ton prochain match? et Mary qui lui répond mais c'est pas des questions à poser !!

Heureuse de te revoir

MissTennisFan
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:52 AM
:sad: She looked so sad. The damn BBC cut away as she was about to speak so they could show a trailer for the Stella Artois and show a shot of Henman :mad:

Hi, here's a link to the closing ceremony:

http://roland-garros.france2.fr/touteslesvideos/index.php3?date=2006/05/4&id_article=89

Truly touching stuff...

I am sorry if the link has already been posted.

PamShriverRockz
Jun 5th, 2005, 12:45 PM

Chris Bailey is an idiot! I've been very disappointed with the BBC commentators. Bailey and John Lloyd do their best to criticise the women's game, they should just admit they hate women's tennis and leave it to someone else. They wet themselves whenever Roger Federer hits a shot yet highlight every error in a women's match. I find Bailey's criticisms rich considering he did nothing as a pro, perhaps when he has won some GSs he can say what he likes ;)

Anyway, let's be postitive. Mary has exceeded everyone's expectations reaching the final at RG, we should be proud of what she's achieved these two weeks! :) She's played well and was beaten by a great player. Mary is a legend whatever she does.

MissTennisFan
Jun 5th, 2005, 01:22 PM
J'ai pas aimé non plus, j'étais à la limite de pleurer quand j'ai aperçu les yeux de Mary, je me suis, oh non elle va pas pleurer, pas ça.

Et le coup de, alors Mary quelle tactic pour ton prochain match? et Mary qui lui répond mais c'est pas des questions à poser !!

Heureuse de te revoir

Oui, en revanche tu crois qu'on saura un jour quelle était la surprise prévue en cas de victoire? J'avais aussi lu l'article dans l'equipe et ca m'avait beaucoup intrigué... je pense évidemment pas du tout qu'il s'agissait de la retraite... mais ton idée de l'hymne national était peut-être plus proche... j'avais aussi pensé à un déménagement permanent en France mais ça colle pas trop avec ce qui a été dit en conf. de presse... mais je pense que cela devait être quelque chose de ce genre...

saby
Jun 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM
on va peut être le savoir si on gagne la fed cup !!! demain je vais voir pour acheter les tickets de la demi-finale, je viens à peine de percuter que c'était près de chez moi.

Je crois que le public a défintivement adopté Mary, et ça c'est vraiment le "coeur"

MaryPierceFan
Jun 5th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I'm very proud of Mary! Even though she didn't play well in the final the whole tournament was amazing for her and for us. I know that Mary just wanted to play better tennis in the final and she could be a bit dissapointed after her final performance but I'm sure that she is also very happy and proud of herself. The ceremony was so emotional. Mary is so great! I'm so happy for her. Go girl! You can do it!
Btw, during the ceremony our comentator said that Mary after all the injuries and everything was close to nervous breakdown and close to serious treatment. I've never heard about it. And You? Do You know something about it?

MPStylee
Jun 5th, 2005, 04:45 PM
MissTennisFan summed it up for me, I totally adore MAry even more now!!! She's fantastic!!! Womens tennis needs her, man!!! Here's to more success on the court for Mary!!!

saby
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Btw, during the ceremony our comentator said that Mary after all the injuries and everything was close to nervous breakdown and close to serious treatment. I've never heard about it. And You? Do You know something about it?

Mary is talking about her problems in todays newspaper but it's not clear and I bet it was really important because even journalists don't mention "the name" of what she had

I already heard about nervous breakdown, it's suppose to be the reason why Mary was not well during 3 years (2001 - 2002 - 2003) but now it's done Mary is fine so let's move on

ali
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Gosh, I'd never heard that before. Thank God she came through it and is happy and content now.

What sort of things have been said in the French press today Saby? Hope they're being nice to her!! And any quotes from Mary?

Mark Spruce
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:10 PM
I did not know of the breakdown. Yes that god that she came though that hard tim.

Yes what are the Fench press saying, I am so nervous what they could say.

Mark

NicoMary
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:51 PM
on va peut être le savoir si on gagne la fed cup !!! demain je vais voir pour acheter les tickets (http://www.103092804.com/Release3/linkredirect.php?h=42078,351891,1117993880) de la demi-finale, je viens à peine de percuter que c'était près de chez moi.

Je crois que le public a défintivement adopté Mary, et ça c'est vraiment le "coeur"

O ji vais moi aussi Tribune Ouest Catégorie DEUX.......JE VEUX VOIR MARY UNE 5ème FOIS:hearts: :hearts:

saby
Jun 5th, 2005, 09:37 PM
C'est vrai c'est génial !!!

Je vais essayer d'avoir des places par là alors, j'espère qu'il y en restera, j'arrive pas à croire que j'ai pu oublier ça !!!

saby
Jun 5th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Yes what are the Fench press saying, I am so nervous what they could say.
Mark

Nothing bad maybe matts wilanders but it's not only about Mary, it's about women tennis.

French journalists are very nice to her
Journalists think, MARY lost the match because she was overcome by her emotions, she totaly explosed mentally
Like during her speech Mary is saying she was so mentally tired. Journalists asked her to much during all this week, she was not alone anymore.

(for the french players RG is the most tiring tounament, nervously mentally and physicaly, french crowd are asking too much about them but when they love you they cheer you till the end)

Physically she had pain in both legs and one anckle but it was the same for the 1/4 and 1/2.
It started on the right leg, after she twisted her right ankle during the 1/4 against Patty.
She tried to protect her ankle, with the other leg but now her left leg is injured. Like in 2000 Mary had all the french medical staff around her during 15 days.

The doctor of the french staff said she didn't have power anymore I don't understand and I want to understand...

Mary said :
To be there on this podium, after all I went through for all those years, I overcame my detresse by remaining motivated on my tennis

sebbe
Jun 5th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Mary should take some time of now after this tournament and just relax, rest and let her body heal. I would say that Mary shouldn't play in Rosmalen, rest that week too and go directly to Wimbledon.

Mark Spruce
Jun 6th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Thank you saby. It means so much to me that every one is supporting Mary. She needs it right now.

Hey if you get to see Mary at finals of FED. Could I send you a letter that you could give to her. I will ask again in a mail to you later on.

You are the best

mark

MaryPierceFan
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Hi, here's a link to the closing ceremony:

http://roland-garros.france2.fr/touteslesvideos/index.php3?date=2006/05/4&id_article=89

I have some problems with the video. So here is my question about the video. Is it only the ceremony or something more after it as well? Any interviews or so? Or only the ceremony? Thanks!

MissTennisFan
Jun 6th, 2005, 09:27 AM
I have some problems with the video. So here is my question about the video. Is it only the ceremony or something more after it as well? Any interviews or so? Or only the ceremony? Thanks!

No it's just the ceremony and the speeches...

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 6th, 2005, 09:32 AM
I'm also very sad about Mary losing...:sad:

Well...what can I say....I'm still proud of the way Mary tried to play her best and give her all...perhaps she wasn't having her day during the final...:sad:

Oh well...Mary's a grand slam finalist anyway...and at the age of 30!!!!:angel: I'm so proud of her!!!!:bounce:

Oh...commentators...to hell with them...Mary's achieved SO MUCH MORE than the majority of them who have criticesed Mary....so what do I care???:rolleyes:

Mary...its a pleasure supporting you and knowing that u have tried ur best....don't lose heart!!!!:bounce:

Rest well now...good luck for the rest of season!!!!:bounce:

saby
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Thank you saby. It means so much to me that every one is supporting Mary. She needs it right now.

Hey if you get to see Mary at finals of FED. Could I send you a letter that you could give to her. I will ask again in a mail to you later on.

You are the best

mark

You are welcme Mark

I got my tickets today, yesssssssssssssssssss, now please everyone pray for me, each time I tried to go to see Mary, something happened, I couldn't go at the last minute (RG 2000, RG 2002, RG 2005) do you understand !!!
please just one time let me see her play

MissTennisFan
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:57 PM
I really hope you get to see her this time, Saby... are you planning to try to talk to her?

saby
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:05 PM
I really hope you get to see her this time, Saby... Are you planning to try to talk to her?

What do you think??? LOL Sure I will try

I'm going on saturday and on sunday, if she's not coming I'm going to die AAAAHHHHHHH

MissTennisFan
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Yaaaay! I hope it works out and if it does please tell Mary we think she's the best!!!

NicoMary
Jun 7th, 2005, 09:01 AM
I'll have a Big paperboard on whiwch i'm gonna Wright

"MaRY you're the queen Of tennis WE lOVE YOu":hearts::worship:

you'll see me on tv HIHIHI:bounce:

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 7th, 2005, 12:52 PM
You are welcme Mark

I got my tickets today, yesssssssssssssssssss, now please everyone pray for me, each time I tried to go to see Mary, something happened, I couldn't go at the last minute (RG 2000, RG 2002, RG 2005) do you understand !!!
please just one time let me see her play

Please Saby....tell Mary that we will support Mary in whatever she does....!!!:angel:
U are going to see Mary!!!!....I envy u....:bounce:

Good luck Saby...!!!:bounce:

saby
Jun 7th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I'll have a Big paperboard on whiwch i'm gonna Wright

"MaRY you're the queen Of tennis WE lOVE YOu":hearts::worship:

you'll see me on tv HIHIHI:bounce:

Je pourrai te trouver facilement, je suis dans la même tribune que toi
tu vas l'écrire en anglais ou en français?

I hope I will have a good seat, if not I will be very mad, I don't know how it looks like.

Mary, please no injury, please please please

NicoMary
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Je pense que je vais lui écrire kelke chose en francais..tu me diras où est ta place on pourra discuter de vive voix et je te rassure tu n'a rien a craindre de moi...je suis gay lolll:)

J'espère aussi avoir une bonne place ce sera ma troisième "rencontre" avec Mary RG 2000, OGDF 2004 et 2005

J'ai hate d'y être:bounce::worship::hearts:

saby
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Je pense que je vais lui écrire kelke chose en francais..tu me diras où est ta place on pourra discuter de vive voix et je te rassure tu n'a rien a craindre de moi...je suis gay lolll:)

J'espère aussi avoir une bonne place ce sera ma troisième "rencontre" avec Mary RG 2000, OGDF 2004 et 2005
J'ai hate d'y être:bounce::worship::hearts:
Samedi R: J et P : 45
Dimanche R : M et P : 8

Alors là je n'ai pas peur du tout, en général se sont les autres qui ont peur de moi, mes amis me disent que je peux glacer quelqu'un en quelques secondes quand je m'en donne la peine LOL

Tu as eu plus de chance que moi, je suis un vrai chat noir quand je dois voir Mary.

On va bien s'amuser !!!

MaryPierceFan
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Je pourrai te trouver facilement, je suis dans la même tribune que toi
tu vas l'écrire en anglais ou en français?

I hope I will have a good seat, if not I will be very mad, I don't know how it looks like.

Mary, please no injury, please please please

I'm very tired that why I'm not thinking too fast now but where are You going to see Mary? ;)

saby
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:48 PM
I'm very tired that why I'm not thinking too fast now but where are You going to see Mary? ;)

FED CUP SEMI-FINAL
The 9th and 10th of july

FRANCE AGAINST SPAIN

AIX-EN-PROVENCE

saby
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:50 PM
yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss

LOL

NicoMary
Jun 7th, 2005, 07:23 PM
SAMEDI Tribune: ouest Accès: 9 Rang : h Place :53:bounce:

saby
Jun 7th, 2005, 07:36 PM
SAMEDI Tribune: ouest Accès: 9 Rang : h Place :53:bounce:

On devrait pas être loin!!

Tu viens pas le lendemain?

NicoMary
Jun 7th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Non ca me fait tro cher...je suis tro dègue si mary ne joue que le match ki compte pas.........:sad:

Enfin Mauresmo et Mary devrait être aligné en simple

saby
Jun 7th, 2005, 09:12 PM
J'espère qu'elle jouera les 2 simples au moins je ne serai pas venue pour rien

NicoMary
Jun 8th, 2005, 01:41 PM
J'espère qu'elle jouera les 2 simples au moins je ne serai pas venue pour rien

euh dis moi j'éxagère peut être mais ca te dirait pas kon y aille ensemble..? Moi j'arriv en TGV ...Parce que AIx je connais...mais de la gare jusqu'au stade j'ai aucune idée de comment on y va:confused:...je sais pas si tu vas à Aix en train ou en voiture mais tiens moi au courant ca pourrait être sympa:wavey:........

:hearts:Mary The only real QUEEN:hearts:

saby
Jun 8th, 2005, 04:09 PM
A quel heure tu arrives à Aix? je peux venir te chercher selon l'heure !

Je vais me renseigner sur l'itinéraire, je sais par ou passer par chez moi mais de la gare il faut que je regarde la route.

NicoMary
Jun 8th, 2005, 04:39 PM
A quel heure tu arrives à Aix? je peux venir te chercher selon l'heure !

Je vais me renseigner sur l'itinéraire, je sais par ou passer par chez moi mais de la gare il faut que je regarde la route.

O mais je disais pas ca pour que tu m'y emmène...je croyais ke tu venais en train..
mais bon si par la gare ca te dérange pas et ke tu veux bien venir me chercher:worship: respect ce serait vraiment cool...

je partirais de valence...donc je vais essayer d'y être pour 13 heures

Au fait ta kel age?

Pour que je ne sois pas trop un inconu pour toi..je m'appel donc nico 20 ans étudiant en communication à Lyon...et j'adore :hearts:Mary:hearts: (et accessoirement je suis mimi (narcissique donc lol) et je préfère les gars)

à toi!!! :wavey:

saby
Jun 8th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Je n'aime pas trop parler de moi online, si tu veux bien me donner ton mail?

NicoMary
Jun 8th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Je n'aime pas trop parler de moi online, si tu veux bien me donner ton mail?

Pierce cheng mon adresse tu peux demander avant de la prendre!!:fiery:

Wizzy Maryfan
Jun 28th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Just added a video from Mary in Paris in my site so i make "promotion" :angel:

Sorry !

Go there to see this video :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/marypierce/Sommaire.htm

and then "video 2oo5" or the big and white link in the middle of the page !

ashwu
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:46 PM
thanks a lot!!!