PDA

View Full Version : Some Interesting RG 1st Round Match Ups!!

rhz
May 20th, 2005, 11:57 AM
1-Lindsay Davenport (E-U)-Katarina Srebotnik (Slo)

Srebotnik a decent clay court player, but I think Lindsay is too good here

Virginie Razzano (Fra)-25-Dinara Safina (Rus)

Can't believe one of them has to lose early.

Maria Elena Camerin (Ita)-31-Karolina Sprem (Cro)

Can K-Lina get out of her slump?

11-Venus Williams (E-U)-Marta Marrero (Esp)

Another Double Bagel? Or Marrero will surprise Venus this time?

27-Amy Frazier (E-U)-Meghann Shaughnessy (E-U)

Battle of Two US Veterans. I really want Amy to win

Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (Esp)-5-Anastasia Myskina (Rus)

PLEASE WIN ANASTASIA!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!

15-Jelena Jankovic (Scg)-Anna Smashnova (Isr)

Can Jankovic pass the Israel wall???

Conchita Martinez (Esp)-10-Justine Henin-Hardenne (Bel)

The most interesting match up!! I feel bad for the loser! They are both great champions! but I'm sure Justine will win in 2!

Evguénia Linetskaya (Rus)-2-Maria Sharapova (Rus)

Both don't like clay! but Maria has more eperience, but never count out Linetskaya, she play great in big tournaments this year!

mr_burns
May 20th, 2005, 12:33 PM
i don't think martinez and henin is so great. justine is in good form. I hoped conchita would have drawn myskina or somebody like that, where she has a real chance on clay

Shonami Slam
May 20th, 2005, 12:48 PM
i find smashnova/jankovic clash the most intresting clash.
they are both very fast and can return alot, obviously jelena can hit harder, but anna has her power-unleashing hits as well.
should be one of the best 1rd matches in a long time.

volta
May 20th, 2005, 01:22 PM
i find smashnova/jankovic clash the most intresting clash.
they are both very fast and can return alot, obviously jelena can hit harder, but anna has her power-unleashing hits as well.
should be one of the best 1rd matches in a long time.
yeah that is the most interesting of them all. Justine will have no prob to pass Conchita something like 62 61 is what im expecting

azmad_88
May 20th, 2005, 01:26 PM
i smell upset at the most bottom of the draw....
the all russian match up

Lachrymarum
May 20th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Oops! Just started a thread for Sharapova / Linetskaya.
Guess I should pay more attention!
:silly:

Rub
May 20th, 2005, 02:33 PM
this draw is worst for conchi!

maxomax
May 20th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I also think that the most interesting match will be Jankovic/ Smashnova. I am sure tehy will do a good battle!

selesbooz
May 20th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Martinez can win, Justine is not the end all of clay...

cartmancop
May 20th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Sharapova should definitely not underestimate Linetskaya. On any other surface, Maria would easily dominate IMO, but she's still learning the clay court game & if she begins to make numerous errors, she could be the victim of a 1R upset.

Mattographer
May 20th, 2005, 03:01 PM
I agree with the others about Jankovic/Smashnova is the most interesting match of all! :)

*Jool*
May 20th, 2005, 03:05 PM
I can't believe the 2 players I really wanted to see (Martinez and Srebotnik) had to draw the 2 players I expected to reach the the finals, and I can't believe , having no access to Chatrier nor Lenglen courts, that I probably won't see them finally
Thi sdraw sucks , I can't be this unlucky, what have I done to deserve such awful 1st round match-ups ?
Its a real nightmare for me

Mattographer
May 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM
I can't believe the 2 players I really wanted to see (Martinez and Srebotnik) had to draw the 2 players I expected to reach the the finals, and I can't believe , having no access to Chatrier nor Lenglen courts, that I probably won't see them finally
Thi sdraw sucks , I can't be this unlucky, what have I done to deserve such awful 1st round match-ups ?
Its a real nightmare for me
I'm sorry that you won't able to see Conchita Martinez before she retiring :sad: Maybe you better hope up for she will play another season!