PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on the RG draw?

SJW
May 20th, 2005, 11:49 AM
1-Lindsay Davenport (E-U)-Katarina Srebotnik (Slo)
Mailyne Andrieux (Fra)-Shuai Peng (Chi)
Tatiana Panova (Rus)-Qualifiée
Virginie Razzano (Fra)-25-Dinara Safina (Rus)
20-Daniela Hantuchova (Slovaquie)-Qualifiée
Denisa Chladkova (Tch)-Catalina Castano (Col)
Ludmila Cervanova (Slovaquie)-Aiko Nakamura (Jap)
Qualifiée-14-Kim Clijsters (Bel)

9-Vera Zvonareva (Rus)-Qualifiée
Qualifiée-Maria Kirilenko (Rus)
Jelena Kostanic (Cro)-Tamarine Tanasugarn (Tha)
Vera Douchevina (Rus)-21-Mary Pierce (Fra)
32-Flavia Pennetta (Ita)-Jill Craybas (E-U)
Marta Domachowska (Pol)-Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro (Fra)
Qualifiée-Qualifiée
Yoon Jeong Cho (Cor-S)-8-Patty Schnyder (Sui)

4-Elena Dementieva (Rus)-Barbora Strycova (Tch)
Sanda Mamic (Cro)-Lisa Raymond (E-U)
Akiko Morigami (Jap)-Angela Haynes (E-U)
Maria Elena Camerin (Ita)-31-Karolina Sprem (Cro)
18-Silvia Farina Elia (Ita)-Anne Kremer (Lux)
Shenay Perry (E-U)-Arantxa Parra Santonja (Esp)
Sophie Ferguson (Aus)-Mariana Diaz-Oliva (Arg)
Yuliana Fedak (Ukr)-16-Elena Likhovtseva (Rus)

11-Venus Williams (E-U)-Marta Marrero (Esp)
Fabiola Zuluaga (Col)-Qualifiée
Alyona Bondarenko (Ukr)-Sesil Karatantcheva (Bul)
Julia Schruff (All)-19-Shinobu Asagoe (Jap)
27-Amy Frazier (E-U)-Meghann Shaughnessy (E-U)
Emilie Loit (Fra)-Claudine Schaul (Lux)
Tatiana Perebiynis (Ukr)-Emmanuelle Gagliardi (Sui)
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (Esp)-5-Anastasia Myskina (Rus)

7-Nadia Petrova (Rus)-Mashona Washington (E-U)
Abigail Spears (E-U)-Séverine Beltrame (Fra)
Kveta Peschke (Tch)-Dally Randriantefy (Mad)
Shahar Peer (Isr)-28-Marion Bartoli (Fra)
17-Tatiana Golovin (Fra)-Lilia Osterloh (E-U)
Antonella Serra Zanetti (Ita)-Marlene Weingartner (All)
Martina Sucha (Slq)-Tathiana Garbin (Ita)
Maria Vento-kabchi (Ven)-12-Elena Bovina (Rus)

15-Jelena Jankovic (Scg)-Anna Smashnova (Isr)
Roberta Vinci (Ita)-Anna-Lena Groenefeld (All)
Qualifiée-Nicole Vaidisova (Tch)
Jie Zheng (Chi)-22-Francesca Schiavone (Ita)
29-Ana Ivanovic (Scg)-Stéphanie Foretz (Fra)
Iveta Benesova (Tch)-Pauline Parmentier (Fra)
Alina Jidkova (Rus)-Alizé Cornet (Fra)
Evie Dominikovic (Aus)-3-Amélie Mauresmo (Fra)

6-Svetlana Kuznetsova (Rus)-Mathilde Johansson (Fra)
Qualifiée-Eleni Daniilidou (Gre)
Marissa Irvin (E-U)-Nicole Pratt (Aus)
Sania Mirza (Ind)-30-Gisela Dulko (Arg)
24-Magdalena Maleeva (Bul)-Rika Fujiwara (Jap)
Qualifiée-Anabel Medina Garrigues (Esp)
Virginia Ruano Pascual (Esp)-Qualifiée
Conchita Martinez (Esp)-10-Justine Henin-Hardenne (Bel)

13-Nathalie Dechy (Fra)-Michaela Pastikova (Tch)
Silvija Talaja (Cro)-Samantha Stosur (Aus)
Youlia Fedossova (Fra)-Kristina Brandi (P-R)
Nuria Llagostera Vives (Esp)-23-Ai Sugiyama (Jap)
26-Paola Suarez (Arg)-Anna Chakvetadze (Rus)
Qualifiée-Klara Koukalova (Tch)
Camille Pin (Fra)-Aravane Rezai (Fra)
Evguénia Linetskaya (Rus)-2-Maria Charapova (Rus)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
absolutely LOVE IT!

Sharapova vs Henin pretty early...i got my wish! one of the best slam players vs one of the best clay court players. GREAT! Sharapova/Henin vs Mauresmo (hopefully) semi! really want Amelie to at least reach the final this year. Venus' draw is kind to her. potential matchup between Kim and Lindsay early too.

cant wait :)

tennislover
May 20th, 2005, 11:51 AM
the bottom half seems to be harder....

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 11:52 AM
SUX!

Justine vs Sveta - 4th round :sad:
then Masha
then Amelie

:sad:

per4ever
May 20th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Like always a very very tough draw for Justine.. she'll have to pass Martinez, Kuznetsova, Sharapova and Mauresmo to get in the final..

I'm pretty sure that Kim will make the final with this draw :confused:

crazillo
May 20th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Dementieva's quarter is a joke. Same with Venus....
She can win it with her left arm IMO.

Tough sections for Lindsay, JHH.

Wojtek
Top half is a big fucking joke.

I hope Kim or Venus will be in the final.

tennislover
Like always a very very tough draw for Justine.. she'll have to pass Martinez, Kuznetsova, Sharapova and Mauresmo to get in the final..

I'm pretty sure that Kim will make the final with this draw :confused:

poor juju, but she can do it

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Sharapova vs Henin pretty early...i got my wish! one of the best slam players vs one of the best clay court players. GREAT!
cant wait :)

Just curious, based on what Masha is one of the best SLAM players?
This is based on 1 Wimbledon win, and 1 AO semi?
Maybe it's based on US Open 3rd round loss? ;)
Just curious...

And no need to tel me that is just because Masha is a good player... I know that ;)

blumaroo
May 20th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Im so pissed that Lindsay is playing Kim in the 4th round. Anyone but Kim...:( Possible Venus-Myskina 3rd round which should be interesting. And Amelie and Ana AGAIN. Glad that Maria has a good chance of defending her quarterfinal points though. But the real test for Justine should be exciting.

saki
May 20th, 2005, 11:56 AM
As always, Justine has an awful draw. Has she ever had an easy draw in a GS?

The top half looks very interesting. I think Patty actually has a realistic shot at the final, looking at it. And I think we might have a suprise semifinalist from the second quarter as I don't see Elena D/Myskina/Venus getting through, no idea who it would be, though - Sprem? Sesil? Loit?

xin_hui
May 20th, 2005, 11:57 AM
li na is missing from the draw

Gowza
May 20th, 2005, 11:58 AM
kuznetsova/henin early as well, tough match and the winner may face sharapova. golovin gets petrova and bovina, imo a good shot for her to get through her section although i'd personally prefer a petrova/bovina match. myskina doesnt have such a bad run to the 3rd round (assuming she can make it there) but then venus who seems to have found some form the past week. possible zvonareva/schnyder 4th round but i think kirilenko could upset vera, possibley even schnyder (she has beaten her this year i think?) but schnyder obviously the favourite there.

possible schnyder/clijsters QF looks interesting and possible dementieva/myskina QF to a rematch of last years final would also be interesting (but expecting venus to get out of myskina's section).

Paldias
May 20th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I think Venus has a great draw to reach the Final, or at least the Semi-Finals.

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 11:59 AM
poor juju, but she can do it

I have seen this time and time again. Every time a very difficult draw for Justine and still ...

Maybe this is bad news for her opponents.

She has beaten Conchita, Kuzn. and Sharapova on clay this year, so she still stands a chance of winning RG.

Shonami Slam
May 20th, 2005, 11:59 AM
16 russians including galya.
i'm really wondering if they can keep it up.
at the aussie 12 of 13 won right? with the lone loss due to a russian clash.
well, it just might be 15 wins this time from the same reason.
hoping nadia can get to the semis again and duel it out with a worthy opponent.
she's my fave for the tourny (not for the win, but lately i'm really hoping she boosts herself into the very top again).

SJW
May 20th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Just curious, based on what Masha is one of the best SLAM players?
This is based on 1 Wimbledon win, and 1 AO semi?
Maybe it's based on US Open 3rd round loss? ;)
Just curious...

And no need to tel me that is just because Masha is a good player... I know that ;)

:shrug: i just think she is.QF at the French on her worst surface. a W at Wimby, regardless of my views of Serena's mind being left in Palm Beach :angel: i think shes a really good big match player :shrug:

Wannabeknowitall
May 20th, 2005, 12:02 PM
potential 1st round upsets
Safina vs. Razzano, Dementieva vs. Strycova, Scruff vs. Asagoe, Peer vs. Bartoli, Jankovic vs. Smashnova, Sugiyama vs. Llgostera Vives, Suarez vs. Chakvetadze, Sharapova vs. Linetskaya
interesting first round: Loit vs. Schaul. Loser chance of returning to top 100 slim to rare.

Lindsay's draw isn't hard. She should be able to beat Peng. We'll see how Clijsters is really playing.

Pierce could find herself in a quarterfinal against Lindsay.
Venus should make it to the quarters.
Petrova should make it to the semis.
Henin has one of the toughest draws.

:Rawwb:
May 20th, 2005, 12:02 PM
li na is missing from the draw
:sad:

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 12:03 PM
the bottom half seems to be harder....

Davenport - Kim

and

JHH - Kuzn.

in the fourth round.

Hm ! Let's hope Kim is in form.

In that case, Lindsay can say goodbye, because Kim totally OWNS Davenport.

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 12:05 PM
:shrug: i just think she is.QF at the French on her worst surface. a W at Wimby, regardless of my views of Serena's mind being left in Palm Beach :angel: i think shes a really good big match player :shrug:

She beat Marlene Weingartner to get to the QF, and then lost badly to Paola Suarez! Yep, RG was a great example! ;)

VeNuS#1LoVa
Venus vs. Myskina....

Revenge time...

Drimal
Bad draw for Anne Kremer (versus Silvia Farina Elia :fiery: ) and Claudine Schaul (versus Emilie Loit :o ).

While Anastasia and Elena D have good draws and could easily make the fourth round :p , Amélie will face Ana Ivanovic for the... :tape:th time in the third round! :fiery:

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 12:06 PM

:(

SJW
May 20th, 2005, 12:06 PM
She beat Marlene Weingartner to get to the QF, and then lost badly to Paola Suarez! Yep, RG was a great example! ;)

Henin fans :ras: j/k

i'll change it to "one of the best players in the past year" then ok? :nerner:

Wannabeknowitall
May 20th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Davenport - Kim

and

JHH - Kuzn.

in the fourth round.

Hm ! Let's hope Kim is in form.

She can't slide. Her biggest weapon against Lindsay is those sliding split slices of hers. They always find their way to the baseline. If Kim had a defensive lob like that of Martina Hingis, I would give her the match but she doesn't. A match against two people who can't be natural on clay. Lindsay has played unnatural on clay for over 12 years. Kim hasn't ever.

SJW
May 20th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Venus vs. Myskina....

Revenge time...

Totally :devil:

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 12:08 PM
BTW, I was sure Justine-Masha will play as soon as possible!
This is just shaping up the same QF clash as Capriati-Serena.

:Rawwb:
May 20th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Lets hope Emelie Loit can win some rounds :woohoo: As she seems to be on the up again

manu
May 20th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Justine's got a very tough draw indeed, esp Conchita in the 1st round and Svetlana in the 4th round. These are her 2 most dangerous matches IMO.

Remember Svetlana almost beat Myskina in the 4th round last year...

Though IF she manages to win those matches, IMO she should be the (slight) favourite against Masha and Amélie to make the final. Though it will be VERY tough. On the other hand, if Amélie reaches that semi-final, she'll be very tough to beat, looking at the players she'd have to beat to get there... Should make her very confident!

But I like the draw because:

1) Kim and Justine are in seperate halves :)
2) Kim's draw is very doable if she gets 100% fit in time to play!
3) Great clay-courters like Farina-Elia, Schnyder have chances to go deep.
4) It's bottom heavy, but somehow it's still balanced... The top-half contains more a-typical clay-court-players, but then they're very good (Lindsay, Kim, Venus) and it would be fun to see them do well in a clay Slam!

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Henin fans :ras: j/k

i'll change it to "one of the best players in the past year" then ok? :nerner:

Works for me!! :devil:

BTW, she probably will become that player, she's just not there yet! ;)

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Euh, did I say something that wasn't true ? :angel:

Kim is the player that poses Davenport the most difficulties.

I am sure that Davenport always checks where Kim is to be found in the draw.

sartrista7
May 20th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Early Davenport v Clijsters :D One of them gone by week 2 :D

Nastya gets yet another piss-easy draw which she will somehow manage to screw up.

Winner of Kuznetsova v Henin-Hardenne has an excellent chance of winning the whole thing. Dementieva as losing finalist for second year running?

Ivanovic v Mauresmo AGAIN :o

sartrista7
May 20th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Venus vs. Myskina....

Revenge time...

I think both Venus and Nastya have a LOT to worry about before they can even start contemplating the 4th round :o

lindsayno1
Euh, did I say something that wasn't true ? :angel:

Kim is the player that poses Davenport the most difficulties.

I am sure that Davenport always checks where Kim is to be found in the draw.

no i did a sad smiley face in agreeance : ( but it came out as a mean smilie!

:sad: that better!!!

BUT Kim cant slide! therefore wont be able to get as many of lindsays deep balls

Wannabeknowitall
Justine's got a very tough draw indeed, esp Conchita in the 1st round and Svetlana in the 4th round. These are her 2 most dangerous matches IMO.

Remember Svetlana almost beat Myskina in the 4th round last year...

Though IF she manages to win those matches, IMO she should be the (slight) favourite against Masha and Amélie to make the final. Though it will be VERY tough. On the other hand, if Amélie reaches that semi-final, she'll be very tough to beat, looking at the players she'd have to beat to get there... Should make her very confident!

But I like the draw because:

1) Kim and Justine are in seperate halves :)
2) Kim's draw is very doable if she gets 100% fit in time to play!
3) Great clay-courters like Farina-Elia, Schnyder have chances to go deep.
4) It's bottom heavy, but somehow it's still balanced... The top-half contains more a-typical clay-court-players, but then they're very good (Lindsay, Kim, Venus) and it would be fun to see them do well in a clay Slam!

If a player has a knee or ankle issue, then clay is the WORST surface to play on. Kim is not going to get better on clay and neither is Lindsay. One of them is going to go into the 4th round (if either of them gets that far) with a reacurring injury produced by the surface. Chances are it might be Clijsters.

Tennisfan-Mtl
May 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Great draw for Patty...until the 4th round ;) :)

tennnisfannn
May 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
kim vs davenport interesting, lindsay will be giving this one all she got especially with a not so fit kim.
Venus time to shine is here and i believe she will take every opportunity this fortnight.
ana vs amelie the new serena/jen.
patty is patty, miss unpredictable.
Come on Vee, make the final.

manu
May 20th, 2005, 12:23 PM
One of them is going to go into the 4th round (if either of them gets that far) with a reacurring injury produced by the surface. Chances are it might be Clijsters.

Well, we can't really know that now, can we? I hope you're wrong anyway ;) Good luck to both! I really hope they can both just play healthily, win or lose.

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 12:25 PM
no i did a sad smiley face in agreeance : ( but it came out as a mean smilie!

:sad: that better!!!

BUT Kim cant slide! therefore wont be able to get as many of lindsays deep balls

Can't slide !
Can't slide !
Can't slide !

We will see. If you don't slide on clay you stand to injure yourself. Kim will be forced to slide. What she probably won't do, is doing those splits. But I am not sure she won't do them if she feels ok. It's something that happens quite natural.

AND

What this reminds me of is what happened at IW and Miami.

Kim is playing without a lot of pressure. She is afraid of injuring herself (just like in the USA) and she thinks she won't make all that far in the draw.

Nobody really thinks Kim is going to win RG, so she will play match by match and just see where the ships lands.

This could be very dangerous for her opponents, if she is able to relax on court, because she does have a lot of game.

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 12:27 PM
One of them is going to go into the 4th round (if either of them gets that far) with a reacurring injury produced by the surface. Chances are it might be Clijsters.

for that very reason lindsays skipped the clay court season!

switz
May 20th, 2005, 12:28 PM
if patty brings her form from last year to this tournament this is surely her best chance to win a slam.

mr_burns
May 20th, 2005, 12:29 PM
patty can go very far

The fact is nobody knows how lindsay and kim are playing currently

I really would love a sf henin vs momo

V-MAC
May 20th, 2005, 12:30 PM
if patty brings her form from last year to this tournament this is surely her best chance to win a slam.

Patty should be feeling really confident going into RG so at least a semi-final for her is very possible

Wannabeknowitall
May 20th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Well, we can't really know that now, can we? I hope you're wrong anyway ;) Good luck to both! I really hope they can both just play healthily, win or lose.

Ummm...Yea we can? There's a reason why Serena and Na Li did not play with their injuries? Maybe you don't understand why they're not playing but I do. Clijsters is taking a gigantic risk right now. If she reinjures herself then she could be out till mid-summer. She's going to be a step or two slower and she can't slide. Could she win without her movement? Yea she can but not against the top 10 players sorry. Again if she had a defensive lob that is even in the same arena as Martina Hingis or Lindsay Davenport there wouldn't be an issue. She could get to the finals easily but she doesn't. Honestly it's one of the biggest things a lot of the top players in this decade are missing in their game.

tennnisfannn
May 20th, 2005, 12:32 PM
some of you act like lindsay is chopped liver on clay, she is a very toough player here, there is no gurantee that she will lose to kim, healthy or not.

JonBcn
May 20th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I think Linetskaya's a dangerous R1 for Sharapova.

lindsayno1
some of you act like lindsay is chopped liver on clay, she is a very toough player here, there is no gurantee that she will lose to kim, healthy or not.

:worship:

©@®eLess
it would be great for Jelena and Ana to get to the 3rd round. But Jelena as Ana has bad luck with draws. First Smashova with her tricky balls, then probably Francesca or Nicole...Jelena never passed 2nd round of GS,it's looking hard this time too. Ana has a homecrowd lovey iin 1st round, then probably Iveta who she hardly beat at AO, then Amelie which now seems impossible. But if miracles happen for once Ana and Jelena would meet in 4th round, and one of them would be a 1/4 finalist, but that just seems pretty impossible :sad: really

manu
May 20th, 2005, 12:35 PM
What this reminds me of is what happened at IW and Miami.

Kim is playing without a lot of pressure. She is afraid of injuring herself (just like in the USA) and she thinks she won't make all that far in the draw.

Nobody really thinks Kim is going to win RG, so she will play match by match and just see where the ships lands.

This could be very dangerous for her opponents, if she is able to relax on court, because she does have a lot of game.

Hmmm... I don't really agree. When Kim started in Indian Wells, she had played a tournament 2 weeks before in which she stayed completely healthy. The fear of re-injuring was still there at IW, but the injury itself was far behind her...

Now she still hasn't even trained to full extent once, let alone play a match... And it's just 2 weeks after the injury! Everything is still taped and such... I don't want to sound too negative - I will anyway lol ;) - but this reminds me more of the times she tried to come back too early after injuring her wrist, playing with braces, tapes, etc. The only chance she has here IMO, is when the knee has totally healed. Because on clay, she is going to slide anyway, whether she wants it or not. It'll come naturally. So I feel a lot less assured now as in IW, esp considering the risk of re-injuring the WRIST is bigger here too :tape: Okay, let's not get too depressed now ;) It SHOULD have healed by now! And one thing I'm sure of, is that Kim will listen to her body more than ever now! Good luck ;)

propi
May 20th, 2005, 12:38 PM
It sucks big time :fiery::fiery:
The only possitive things are that Nuria Llagostera can have a nice path and face Sharapova (although Maria's draw is more dangerous than it seems... Eugenia and Paola are there)
I hope Marta manages to beat Venus this time :p
And Conchita... :help::help::help:
Faces 2 favourites in 2 GS... I hope Wimbledon and USO are different :(
Maybe she will want to come back another year :)

manu
May 20th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Ummm...Yea we can? There's a reason why Serena and Na Li did not play with their injuries? Maybe you don't understand why they're not playing but I do. Clijsters is taking a gigantic risk right now. If she reinjures herself then she could be out till mid-summer. She's going to be a step or two slower and she can't slide. Could she win without her movement? Yea she can but not against the top 10 players sorry. Again if she had a defensive lob that is even in the same arena as Martina Hingis or Lindsay Davenport there wouldn't be an issue. She could get to the finals easily but she doesn't. Honestly it's one of the biggest things a lot of the top players in this decade are missing in their game.

Hmm, first of all, Kim hasn't decided yet whether she's going to play or not. And I agree she's taking a risk here, but I'm very sure she'll listen to her body very carefully now. If she feels ANY pain at all during practice, she won't play. If she feels ANY pain during a match, she'll quit. But if she hasn't felt this, and the doctors say she can play after an 8-day rest, why shouldn't she play then? Na Li's probably still feeling pain while training, and Serena's withdrawing is a bit unclear to me, as she seemed to be healthy in Rome.
But playing after injury is always a risk, that's true... Besides, Kim's defensive lobs are very good too ;)

DiZZiA
May 20th, 2005, 12:51 PM
SUX!

Justine vs Sveta - 4th round
then Masha
then Amelie

It doesn't matter!! Justine will pass them all, get to the final and take the title!!! :yeah:

Kuti Kis&Monica
May 20th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Cakewalk AGAIN for Momo :rolleyes: :rolleyes: If she doesnt reach semisthis year :rolleyes: She can thank the guys who made the draw ;)

azmad_88
May 20th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Justine needs to face the whole spanish battalion

Infiniti2001
May 20th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I don't care what anyone else says, I still believe in Venus :p :nerner:

hingis-seles
May 20th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Lindsay and Venus have a free pass to the semifinals. Patty is a huge threat for Venus, but since Kim is injured, Lindsay should roll through. The top half of the draw is VERY weak.

The bottom half is much more interesting. But, I just don't see Masha beating Justine. Amelie has a wonderful draw but she'll pull one of her chokes jobs as always.

I would love nothing more than the opposite to happen, but I just don't see it that way right now.

mboyle
May 20th, 2005, 01:06 PM
WTF Mate! Juju vs. Maria in the quarters? That's absurd and unacceptable. I have a feeling Maria's going to do pretty well here, however...

volta
May 20th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Venus vs. Myskina....

Revenge time...
pay back time :devil:

azmad_88
May 20th, 2005, 01:09 PM
i really wanna see Myskina vs Dementieva QF

David Barker
May 20th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I think Silvia Farina Elia might well make a Last 16 match up with Elena Dementieva, and Silvia is definitely capable of taking out Elena........

raquel
May 20th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Venus has got to be absolutely loving that draw. She just double bagelled Marrero on Tuesday. Myskina as her top 8 seed with Frazier and Asagoe the other seeds = :banana:

Kim - I am just so glad Kim's name is there for a start. Shame for Dani that she had to end up in Kim's 3R section but Kim's draw is good. If she is fit, I am confident she can take on Lindsay. Good Luck Kim. Dani - please make the 3R at least :hug:

Love Mary's draw. A couple of dangerous floaters in Kirilenko and Douchevina but if she gets to the 3rd round v Vera, I think Mary could win that. Mary deserves a good draw at last this clay court season.

Sveta - Couldn't have been any tougher to get Justine as the R4 seed. If they meet it could be a great battle considering their Warsaw match. Good luck Sveta, you can do it.

Conchita :fiery: :fiery: Can't believe that draw. So wanted Conchita to have a nice little run here :( Vamos Conchi - roll back the years and see if miracles happen! :yeah:

If somehow all of my favourites went out early, I'm rooting for Amelie. She's got one of the tougher 3R seeds with Ana but I just hope Amelie plays well and does herself justice here for once.

Silvia Farina has got to be liking her draw as well. If she can get back some Amelia Island form she could make the QFs from that section.

Spunky83
May 20th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Early Davenport v Clijsters :D One of them gone by week 2 :D

Nastya gets yet another piss-easy draw which she will somehow manage to screw up.

Winner of Kuznetsova v Henin-Hardenne has an excellent chance of winning the whole thing. Dementieva as losing finalist for second year running?

Ivanovic v Mauresmo AGAIN :o

Exactly my thoughts...you know you could draw anyone against Nastya (up until fourth round vs. Venus...why does everyone say it´s 3rd round???), it´s up to her to mentally decide whether she wants to make it or not.

Davenport, still asking why she hates clay? (Or any european tourneys for that matter? :lol:

Justine, hell of a draw as usual but imo she can past everyone of those players.

We´ll wait and see!

Foot's Fingers
May 20th, 2005, 01:21 PM
i really wanna see Myskina vs Dementieva QF

Hope not repeat of AO :tape:

PatM04
May 20th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Sucks for Lindsay that Kim is in her section...I guess we'll see how Kim's knee is and also how that time off did Lindsay.

azmad_88
May 20th, 2005, 01:23 PM

Hope not repeat of AO :tape:

yeah
we were soo close of getting that match
then both plyers lose
i hope thi time
we will actually get it
and dementieva will be winning it i hope

squash
May 20th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Sharapova will have to deal with Paola Suarez first, and she will not go down so easy. Suarez has beaten Maria on red clay, last year. You never know.

Tennisaddict
May 20th, 2005, 01:52 PM
I love Venus' draw she can warm up real nice in the early rounds and get into a rythm and when she faces Myskina, Schnyder, hypothetically speaking of course, she will be able to give them a run for their money. Schnyder is tough to beat though with her improved form on clay but Venus should get it done if she stays focused.

I think Sharapova has a tough opener too, but she's a good fighter and this will be a good test for her so I don't think she''ll lose against Linetskaya.

Rub
May 20th, 2005, 01:57 PM
lindsay must be hoping that kim will withdraw... :lol:

kim's draw is pretty good... given that she is injured, the draw is kind... she wouldn't have to face as much challenge for the first few days which is good for the knee... if she could get through to the second week, she will be very dangerous already i think... she must be fitter too... hopefully...

Justine's is really tough because of the names... but given that she beat them just recently on clay, i would be surprised if she doesn't reach the finals... she had already trained well for Roland Garros so i do not worry for justine... she's such a fighter... and that is what really pulls her through...

i just worry for kim's fitness... best of luck to her... :bounce:

and serena pulling out is so sad...

Junex
May 20th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Another interesting fact about this FO is that the potential battle of Lindsay & Maria for the #1 ranking.

Aside from both of them are potentially to be in the final, meaning if seeding goes, whoever won the FO is the new #1.

Another interesting fact is that both has a slim chance of going further than they performed last year, meaning getting more points than they have to defend is almost impossible.

Lindsay has Kim in the 4th rd, which is likely for kim to win.
Maria has Justine/Sveta in the QF.

these were quite a challenge for the two front-runners of the ranking.

Rub
May 20th, 2005, 02:04 PM
and to those who think justine's first round against martinez is very dangerous... c'mon people... wake up... the BOSS will win it with one eye closed! for zure! :bounce:

whoever really thinks martinez is a threat to justine?! it's just :lol:
i don't wanna jinx her but even with the worst luck, i just do not see conchita beating justine! if she would, it would be very :haha:

now, juju, you must win it or i'll be :smash:

Rub
May 20th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Another interesting fact about this FO is that the potential battle of Lindsay & Maria for the #1 ranking.

Aside from both of them are potentially to be in the final, meaning if seeding goes, whoever won the FO is the new #1.

Another interesting fact is that both has a slim chance of going further than they performed last year, meaning getting more points than they have to defend is almost impossible.

nice observation! they both have to face the tough belgians!
if only kim is 100%!

:yeah: galing mo!

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 02:08 PM

You will have to take into account that after the decent run of Kunz. in Warchau she had some strange defeats, so she is not as consistent as Justine. And Kuzn. has to meet her nemesis, because there isn't a player where her h2h is worse than against JHH. 6-1 in favour of JHH. The only player that has beaten her more than 3 times is Mauresmo : 4 times.

Experimentee
May 20th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Venus' draw is ok.
Myskina and Dementieva have very easy draws and could actually defend some of their points.
Lindsay's draw is tough.
Peng yet again has to play a top player early, and Zheng has it pretty tough too with Schiavone first :(

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 02:17 PM
and to those who think justine's first round against martinez is very dangerous... c'mon people... wake up... the BOSS will win it with one eye closed! for zure! :bounce:

whoever really thinks martinez is a threat to justine?! it's just :lol:
i don't wanna jinx her but even with the worst luck, i just do not see conchita beating justine! if she would, it would be very :haha:

now, juju, you must win it or i'll be :smash:

If you take a closer look at the draw, then it is obvious that it only looks dangerous for JHH on paper. In fact JHH only has problems with Venus. All the other players have a lot of difficulties beating JHH. JHH only lost 2 matches in TI tournaments during the last two years (both times at Miami). All the other top players lost to her in those other matches.

She owns a lot of players eg. Conchita (0-7), Kuzn. (1-6). Sharapova got tennis lessons from JHH in Berlin. I am sure that Sharapova won't be that cocky if she meets JHH.

The bookies are convinced that JHH will rip through everybody.

_LuCaS_
May 20th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Venus vs. Myskina....

Revenge time...
If Nastya can reach 4th round...Venus stands no chance :p

dylan24
May 20th, 2005, 03:03 PM
my predictions:
venus and davenport in SF
mauresmo and henin in other SF
henin likely wins.

ys
May 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM
I like it, apart from Lena-Nastya being in the same quarter..

I think there a good chance that Elena D. will repeat as RG finalist fromth e top half.

Mauresmo got a very easy draw. She will hardly face any serious resistance before quarters.

Sveta will take out Justine, and then Maria.

Maria will be #1 by then, because Dinara will take out Lindsay in the third round.

*Jool*
May 20th, 2005, 03:12 PM
This draw is a nightmare for me
I bought tickets for the 1st 2 days , on the small courts , hoping I cd see Conchita and Katarina , and they had todraw the favourite for the crown and world n°1 , so I guess I finally won't see them. It's an awful draw for both of them , cdnot have been worse. :sad: I have no more words to express my sickness.

Mary has a good draw, tho, but it's far from being sufficient for me not to feel really depressed .

ys
May 20th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Sharapova vs Henin pretty early...i got my wish! one of the best slam players vs one of the best clay court players.

I am quite sure that JHH does not share your excitement. Sure, she is not scared of Sharapova, but she drew Kuznetsova , and Kuznetsova was about the only player who was outplaying her this claycourt season. I think Sveta will take out Justine.

vogus
May 20th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I think Rainer Hofmann made this draw. Patty's draw is devoid of dangerous floaters, while her strongest rivals are all facing each other before they can get to her. Patty might only have to play two good matches to win the title.

vogus
May 20th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I am quite sure that JHH does not share your excitement. Sure, she is not scared of Sharapova, but she drew Kuznetsova , and Kuznetsova was about the only player who was outplaying her this claycourt season. I think Sveta will take out Justine.

It is a horrible draw for both Sveta and Justine to play each other in R16.

ys
May 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
It is a horrible draw for both Sveta and Justine to play each other in R16.

I agree.. In my book they were two top favourites for the title.

ezekiel
May 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
It's very lopsided kind of draw. Top half is filled with all the slumpers and no names while the bottome has some tough early matchups. Again Ana I will have to battle Amelie but I don't feel bad about it since it's Roland Garros

ys
May 20th, 2005, 03:26 PM
It's very lopsided kind of draw. Top half is filled with all the slumpers and no names while the bottome has some tough early matchups.

Tell me .. apart from JHH, who is not a slumper in your book?

DevilishAttitude
May 20th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Lindsay should the QF unless Kim is actually 100% fit.

Nice Draw for Mary. It would be very disappointing if she failes to beat Vera. Can't see her getting past Patty though :sad:

Dementieva's draw isn't that great. Strycova is very good when on but that happened only once this year. Mamic has thrashed Daniela in rome but could as easily fall to Raymond.

Silvia vs Elena 3rd Round :mad: If this isn't a 3rd Round and 1 or both lose then serious :help: And both could trouble Elena if they play well and Elena's off.

Venus's draw couldn't be better. Myskina should reach the 3rd Round at least.

Jankovic vs Smashnova could take at least 3 hours to finish. Mauresmo's draw IMO isn't that great. Ivanovic 3rd Round could be very dangerous and the likes of Jankovic and Schiavone *Who's beating her on clay and won't get at all bothered by the crowd*

Maleeva I hope will reach the 3rd Round but Medina's around.

Out of all the players Conchita could face she got Henin :bigcry: :fiery: :sad: 2 points away from beating her last year but if she wins I'll be seriously shocked. It could easily be a similar thrashing she got against Davenport at AO.

Llagostera Vives could reach the 4th Round :eek:

Suarez vs Sharapova 3rd Round :devil: Paola could still easily give Maria clay court lesson :bounce:

Unless Maria's plays terribly or is injured she won't be troubled by Linetskaya.

My faves draw.
Panova 2nd Round. Won't beat Razzano or Safina :(
Castano could beat Daniela who's so far won 1 clay match all year against a Polish wildcard :haha: :tape:
Tammy will do well if she wins more than 6 games against Kostanic :o
Anne won't beat Silvia.
Amy if she beats Meghann should reach the 3rd Round... 4th Round is she's lucky :D
Mashona won't beat Nadia.
Kveta could cause a stir.
Lilia won't beat Tati and neither will Antonella.
Maria won't beat Elena unless they both go to 2003 form.
Kristina will hopefully reach the 2nd.

!<blocparty>!
May 20th, 2005, 03:38 PM
This draw can fuck off.

Lindsay is not getting passed Kim. Other interesting matches though :D Shame Serena isn't included, it could have been the best slam in a LONG time.

twight6
May 20th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Lindsay's draw isn't hard. She should be able to beat Peng. We'll see how Clijsters is really playing.

:eek::eek: lindsay's draw isn't hard? are we looking at the same draw???? :eek:

jfk
May 20th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I would say that Lindsay got arguably the hardest draw I've ever seen for a #1 seed.

1R: Srebotnik - by no means an easy win for Lindsay...if she's having an off day, Srebotnik will find ways to move her around...most likely a tough 2 setter
2R: Peng - a very tough player who top players will underestimate....she is a top 20 player....most likely a three setter but Lindsay will cruise in the third set
3R: Safina - easily the toughest player in her seed group...if she doesn't choke, this could be where Lindsay is upset
4R: Clijsters - this speaks for itself...if she's injured, not as bad; if she's healthy, Lindsay has little chance

And that's just to get to the quarters! For a #1 seed, that's crazy. The other half of her quarter is a lot easier...Zvonareva will probably go out to a floater (Kirilenko, Douchevina). I'm not sure Schnyder is going to build on her recent weeks' success here.

Generally, Lindsay cruises early but has problems in later rounds. I see the reverse happening here, so if Lindsay can make it through, you never know...

!<blocparty>!
May 20th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I would say that Lindsay got arguably the hardest draw I've ever seen for a #1 seed.

1R: Srebotnik - by no means an easy win for Lindsay...if she's having an off day, Srebotnik will find ways to move her around...most likely a tough 2 setter
2R: Peng - a very tough player who top players will underestimate....she is a top 20 player....most likely a three setter but Lindsay will cruise in the third set
3R: Safina - easily the toughest player in her seed group...if she doesn't choke, this could be where Lindsay is upset
4R: Clijsters - this speaks for itself...if she's injured, not as bad; if she's healthy, Lindsay has little chance

And that's just to get to the quarters! For a #1 seed, that's crazy. The other half of her quarter is a lot easier...Zvonareva will probably go out to a floater (Kirilenko, Douchevina). I'm not sure Schnyder is going to build on her recent weeks' success here.

Generally, Lindsay cruises early but has problems in later rounds. I see the reverse happening here, so if Lindsay can make it through, you never know...

Good post.

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
*cries*

Juju #1
May 20th, 2005, 04:08 PM
I agree.. In my book they were two top favourites for the title.

Of course they are...In your book it has to be the player in good form, plus some Russian girl who is not in such bad form, so she must be the top challenger.

Markus
May 20th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Maria has a great shot for the quarters. If she stays mentally strong enough I don't have a doubt she'll cruise to the quarters.

Justine, regarding her results so far this year, has to reach the quarters but this is a tough road for her. First round Conchita, you'll never know what's the matter with her. In the 4R most likely Svetlana. Same as with Conchita, on a good day she can beat Justine. Right know I wouldn't place a bet who will win a quarter Justine vs Maria, it will depend on the showings of the first week.

Looking at Amelies draw it looks like ever -> very, very doable. Her chances for a semifinal place is great. The biggest threats are Ivanovic, but I doubt it, and Petrova, but I doubt this either. Amelie is able to handle these players very well, when she hasn't an off day. Anyway if she reaches the semis and draws Maria or Justine this will be a headcase. End of the road...

Dementieva and Venus are also potential candidates for a spot in the quarters. If Myskina doesn't rise like a Phoenix this should be the matchup.
The same as for Justine vs Maria, I have no clue who the winner will be...

For the top quarter Lindsays top problem is Kim. Safina possibly in the 3r. I can't see Safina step it up on such a great occasion. She is successful at smaller events but doesn't like the big stage. Sorry for her.
4R against Kim, that's really hard. I can't see Lindsay winning this.
Next round presumable Patty, what will happen here? No doubt.

But it's Roland Garros, there are for sure many surprises. I can't wait until monday. :bounce:

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Sveta will take out Justine, and then Maria.

Maria will be #1 by then, because Dinara will take out Lindsay in the third round.

Thank you for predicting that Sveta will beat Justine!
Hopefully this prediction will end just like all your previous one! :D

Slumpsova
May 20th, 2005, 04:50 PM
OMG if Kim is healthy, she will make the final with this draw. what a shame ! :mad:

i think Schnyder and her confidence on clay has a chance to take Lindsay out of QF (in case Kim withdraws). she's the most dangerous player in the top half.

if Venus can't get herself back in form. she will lose the opportunity (maybe the last one) to make RG final.

the draw is good for Myskina as well. at least i hope she won't humiliate herself by losing to Loit or Frazier (too bad Schruff is misplaced for one spot :devil: )

Amelie's section is very tough. considering she always has mental problem playing here, the girls (Jankovic, Vaidisova and especially Ivanovic) have their chance. good for them :D

Justine has a very good draw. everyone is dangerous but beatable, and thinking about the quality points :drool:

still, damn it! without that fucking injury Kim could win this :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Gandalf
May 20th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I don't like Lindsay's draw at all, at IW I thought she would beat Kim (at last) and she dind't, now I am not at all confident in their chances if they meet in the 4th round. And Schnyder is the player I would less like her to meet in the QF out of 5/8...if she gets to the semis, we'll se how things go.

If Mary is focused she can advance a few rounds.

Venus got the best she could afford, she really couldn't ask for something better.

I don't see why people are that happy with Justine's draw, granted she's the player in form right now, but if Kutznesova and Sharapova in her quater are a good draw, which isn't?

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 05:24 PM
I don't see why people are that happy with Justine's draw, granted she's the player in form right now, but if Kutznesova and Sharapova in her quater are a good draw, which isn't?

There're just few overconfident posters who like Justine's draw, but that's just it!

Most of us don't like it, which is obvious from this thread. :shrug:

DEETHELICK
May 20th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Its interesting. Some tough matchups all round, although my fave Elena D got quite lucky. But Elena can make a habit of losing easy matches.

This year she needs to focus on her consistency and great play that has kept her at No. 5. Definitely a nice draw :)

Kart
May 20th, 2005, 05:49 PM
It's a good draw for Venus and Amelie and Kim which is good enough for me.

Hopefully Sveta can take Justine and Sharapova out and then potentially there can be four players I want to win in the semis :D.

UDiTY
May 20th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Venus and Myskina in same round of 16!:sad:

I was hoping they'd meet in the final!!!

Venus/Justine final!!:bounce:

Ryan
May 20th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I anticipate a LOT of upsets. I feel awful for Lindsay, I wanted her to do well here. But, I think she'll play three-setters until losing to Safina, or she will lose to Kim if Kim hasn't withdrawn by then. In the quarters she SHOULD face Patty. But, I wouldn't be surprised if Zvonareva starts playing well here and beats her. Then again, Mary could play well and whip everyone's ass to play Kim.

Quarterfinal#1: Kim vs. Patty

The next two quarters are sort of sad. Venus is playing well against the scrubs in Turkey, so she should have no problem reachnig the 4th round. Neither should Myskina...but she will withdraw or lose to Gagliardi of all people. If Venus and Nastya DO meet, it will most likely be messy tennis from one player and result in a two set loss.ElenaD has a nice draw, if she's playing well. I don't see Sprem upsetting her at RG, but you never know. IMO, a 4th round between Dementieva and Farina Elia is most likely, and I'd pick Silvia if that happens.

Quarterfinal#2: Venus vs. Farina Elia

Nadia has a great draw for three rounds. I think she will play either Bovina or Golovin, but Tati is probably in better form, although she did lose to Peng. I think that if Golovin plays consistantly aggressive tennis, and doesn't flake out ala AO, she could beat Nadia. But I don't think so. Momo has a very nice draw to open up with. I don't think she will crush her opponents by any means (this is RG), but she should beat all of them en route to the Quarters. If Petrova plays well though, don't count on Amelie making the semis.

QF#3: Petrova vs. Mauresmo

Svetlana and Justine have Bye's to the 4th round. They play against talented people, who *could* take them to three sets, but neither of them will lose before then. Now, my problem with people saying Juju will take the title is that I don't see her fit enough to win 7 matches in 14 days. Obviously she has kicked ass in her return, but even then she was taken to three sets by lesser players, and only beat Svetlana and Maria. Great wins, but Sveta should have won, and Maria on clay is almost equivalent to Lindsay on clay. Justine definately could do it, but I don't think she will. Dechy has a nice draw to the 4th round, and if she was to say Paola perhaps? then she'd have another QF. :eek: I think she will play Maria though. Paola is definately not 100% despite her win over Kuzentsova, and Maria is a much better clay player now than last year.

QF#4: Kuznetsova vs. Maria

Just my picks, but now that I look at it I picked too many top seeds. I doubt they will all make it this far. ;)

manu32
May 20th, 2005, 06:12 PM
this draw is curious et même bizarre but it's always the case at FO since a lot of years.......poor france

SJW
May 20th, 2005, 06:18 PM

that's the whole excitement! i was so caught up seeing Henin vs Sharapova i didn't even notice Sveta! that fourth rd is gonna be awesome, Sveta almost took her out last time they played. Sveta Sharapova would be great too, even though Maria isn't awesome on clay she likes to play the Russians and prove herself to be the best. bring on the fourth round already, Lindsay vs Kim, Nastya vs Venus wowwwwwwwww

ys
May 20th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Thank you for predicting that Sveta will beat Justine!
Hopefully this prediction will end just like all your previous one! :D

At last US Open I predicted Sveta to win the whole thing after the third round.. :) I've never predicted her to win anything before or after.. :)

JenFan75
May 20th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Poor Linds...

propi
May 20th, 2005, 06:29 PM
This draw is a nightmare for me
I bought tickets for the 1st 2 days , on the small courts , hoping I cd see Conchita and Katarina , and they had todraw the favourite for the crown and world n°1 , so I guess I finally won't see them. It's an awful draw for both of them , cdnot have been worse. :sad: I have no more words to express my sickness.

Mary has a good draw, tho, but it's far from being sufficient for me not to feel really depressed .
:hug: :hug: Sorry Jool, you were waiting so much for this day to arrive and now it's all f*cked up:fiery::fiery::fiery:
Maybe once you're there you have the chance to buy an evening ticket??:confused:
Well who knows, impossible things have happened before and tennis is far from being an exact science ;)

skanky~skanketta
May 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM
i haven't looked through the draw properly yet, but is sania mirza playing?

Jenny.C.Fan
May 20th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I think patty's got an excellent draw, and a real chance of winning this title if she keep her head together and play as well as she has done. Ok draw for ame.

GogoGirl
May 20th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Hey All,

Happy Friday.

Deep down, some of us must feel the biggest downer is when two top players (and/or our faves) have to play each other before the quarters and semis. But that is how the tennis ball bounces. Some of them have to lose. They all have their chances to march on and show their stuff. Here lately - I just want them all to be as healthy as possible - and give it their best shots. What more should be expected? A ten round grand slam perhaps? That would be quite the change, and would be lovely for us tennis fans.

I know it is easier said that done - and I’ve not been there before - but Myskina should hold her head high. She should take what comes her way and not sweat it if she doesn’t defend - because she did win it last year, and no one can ever take it away from her. She should be jolly - and happy just to be there. I hope she is not feeling overly pressured, although if she and Venus play - I‘m pulling for Venus. She and Venus in the third round. Eeeks! I hate that they are bound to meet so early. I like Myskina. She and Elena L. played a great match last year in Canada - wasn’t it?

I hope Kim is able to hang too. When a player has a nagging knee, shoulder or ankle injury, the clay surface can’t help but make them aware and fearful the injury could be aggravated further because of it. That is a hard way to try to express yourself and impose your game.

Speaking of Serena - I think she was concerned about her ankle the last time she played. She said it was her legs and arms that she couldn’t find - but I think she was fully aware her ankle was not totally healed - and she played tentatively to the extreme. I also think - when she says she re-injured her ankle during practice today - means - “I made a certain kind of move and realized and was convinced more than ever - that it is not smart or worth it to play on an ankle that is stressed and not completely 100%.” I think if she could have played ankle-stressed free - she would have. That child loves the grand slams. Even Justine and a few others are stressing how much the GSs matter over most other tourneys.

Anyway and needless to say - bring it on, because time and the tennis marches on.

“COME ON VENUS” “IT’S YOUR DESTINY CHILD - TO WIN THE FRENCH” “MOW ‘EM ALL DOWN” “GOOD LUCK ON 5-21-05 TOO”

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 07:28 PM
i haven't looked through the draw properly yet, but is sania mirza playing?

Yep. 1st round vs Gisela Dulko.
Possible 3rd round against Sveta!! :lol:

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 07:32 PM
At last US Open I predicted Sveta to win the whole thing after the third round.. :) I've never predicted her to win anything before or after.. :)

Nice! :) And it was your last accurate prediction! :)
Anyway, you're right, I give up... Justine better pull out now, the winner is clear, there's no need in trying!

xan
May 20th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Why do they not simply make the top seeds, the people most likely to win? I thought that was the whole idea of seeding - not a mess like this.

skanky~skanketta
May 20th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Yep. 1st round vs Gisela Dulko.
Possible 3rd round against Sveta!! :lol:

OH NO!!!!!!!

thank god i love Gisela as well!

deja_entendu
May 20th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Gisela has a nice draw to the third round, where she will upset Kuz and then face JHH. JHH will win the whole thing, playing Lena D. or Kim in the final, depending on Kim's health.

Elldee
May 20th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Kim, Lindsay, Mary and Patty all in the same quarter. Gee, fantastic.

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Kim, Lindsay, Mary and Patty all in the same quarter. Gee, fantastic.

LostGlory
May 20th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Gisela has a nice draw to the third round, where she will upset Kuz and then face JHH. JHH will win the whole thing, playing Lena D. or Kim in the final, depending on Kim's health.

She has a very tough first round against Mirza.... amazing player...I actually think Mirza have a better chance of winning if her injury is completely healed...

Brooks.
May 20th, 2005, 09:45 PM
I like Venus' draw...........she has a big opportunity here.......Come on Vee.....its your time to shine!

Derek.
May 21st, 2005, 12:09 AM
For falling down the ranks 18 spots this year, K-Lina has got a pretty good draw. If she plays decent tennis, Kiki should get into the 3R. Then Dementieva who lost to Dulko, so she's not in the best of form nor has had much match play. So maybe a few net cords go Karolina's way and she's into the 4R. :p Then probably Farina Elia or Likhovtseva. Both have been inconsistant and plus Kiki's already beaten Lena L this year (as you can see in my sig). ;) So possibly a QF from the beloved Croatian. :eek:

But then again, I'm talking about Karolina Sprem. No one knows with her.. :p

Just make it to at least the 3R and I'll be pleased. :yeah:

K-Dog
May 21st, 2005, 12:28 AM
I think both Venus and Nastya have a LOT to worry about before they can even start contemplating the 4th round :o

I think more so Myskina than Venus. I mean Venus knows not to take opponents lightley, so I believe that she will make the most of her draw and make the semi-final. When she does, she have a tough one against Lindsay, Patty, or Kim. I think that Venus can reach the finals here, she seems to have found some form.

Ryan
May 21st, 2005, 12:44 AM
I think more so Myskina than Venus. I mean Venus knows not to take opponents lightley, so I believe that she will make the most of her draw and make the semi-final. When she does, she have a tough one against Lindsay, Patty, or Kim. I think that Venus can reach the finals here, she seems to have found some form.

"Form" is not beating players ranked 35-down. That's a top player beating sub-par players. When she plays a top player like Lindsay, Patty or Kim we cna talk about form.

No Name Face
May 21st, 2005, 12:45 AM
"Form" is not beating players ranked 35-down. That's a top player beating sub-par players. When she plays a top player like Lindsay, Patty or Kim we cna talk about form.

As much as I like Venus, he speaks the truth.

Ryan
May 21st, 2005, 01:07 AM
As much as I like Venus, he speaks the truth.

I like Venus too, and I think this would be a great time for her to win another slam. I just do not think we can guage her performance on a mediocre Tier 3 in Turkey, where any of the seeds in Strasbourg + the highest unseeded player would have been seeded #2 in Istanbul. She's whipping the players she should, so hopefully she can do it at RG against higher ranked players.

Brooks.
May 21st, 2005, 01:48 AM
I like Venus too, and I think this would be a great time for her to win another slam. I just do not think we can guage her performance on a mediocre Tier 3 in Turkey, where any of the seeds in Strasbourg + the highest unseeded player would have been seeded #2 in Istanbul. She's whipping the players she should, so hopefully she can do it at RG against higher ranked players.

I realize it might not seem like a big deal to you that she is beating players that are not ranked that high or whatever...........but you have to remember too that just the feeling of winning several matches in a row and possibly getting a title out of it (no matter how small) can be a big confidence boost for a player who just cant seem to get her edge back.......it worked for maria in those asian tournies last year and im hoping that it will help venus in the same way......not saying its some huge deal that she has been doing well in instanbul but i think it could really help her mentally

azmad_88
May 21st, 2005, 02:44 AM
many people count dementieva out in their predictions
to me ..its good
i hope she will shock us alll

@m@nd@
May 21st, 2005, 02:49 AM
masha has a tough draw...
tough 1r...then possibly suarez in 3r ...then henin hardenne in 4r...:eek:
as much as i like masha...i must say that theres no chance this yr.. :sad:

JLDementieva
May 21st, 2005, 02:54 AM
I like Elena's draw! :D :D

Derek.
May 21st, 2005, 03:06 AM
I think that Venus can reach the finals here, she seems to have found some form.

But her opponents haven't been at a high level, so I don't know if you can really call it 'form'. :tape:

Irish
May 21st, 2005, 03:13 AM
many people count dementieva out in their predictions
to me ..its good
i hope she will shock us alll

I am hoping she does very very well. ;) :D

Irish
May 21st, 2005, 03:14 AM