PDA

View Full Version : RG 1st Round: Justine vs. Conchita. Who will win?

tenn_ace
May 20th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Vote.

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 11:51 AM
:O wheres the draw?!!!

tenn_ace
May 20th, 2005, 11:52 AM
all I know is this 1 match so far... still in the making.

:Rawwb:
May 20th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Poor conchi

Wojtek
May 20th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Easy two sets for Justine

random fan
May 20th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Well Conchita definately can upset Justine since can never count out past champions, but for this to happen she has to have a very good day and Justine a very bad one

Ryan
May 20th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Well Conchita definately can upset Justine since can never count out past champions, but for this to happen she has to have a very good day and Justine a very bad one

Conchita isn't a past champion here.

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Vote.

What the fuck ? What is this kind of draw for JHH ?! It couldn't be more difficult for JHH in the first round and we know JHH almost always struggles in the first rounds. This is a dangerous draw. In the QF stage Conchita would get killed by JJ, but now ... ?

Still, it could be worse. It could have been Kim that drew Conchita. Let's hope Kim gets a few very easy opponents the first few rounds.

Wannabeknowitall
May 20th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Conchita. She has the game to beat Justine. She's been working on her game so much in the last month just in case something like this happened. She's moving well. Hitting well. This will fuck up a lot of people's Whirlpool Fantasy teams. Luckily not mines... :).

Cookie
May 20th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Cocnhita wasn't very good against Amelie in Rome

Shoulderpova
May 20th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Conchita in 3
Vamos Conchi :bounce:

crazillo
May 20th, 2005, 12:09 PM
JHH in 3. Something like 3-6 7-5 6-2.

Tennisfan-Mtl
May 20th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I'm not sooo sure Henin will necessarily have it easy.

GoConchi
May 20th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Conchi in 2!!!

azza
May 20th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Conchita 6-4 1-6 6-3

fleemkeģ
May 20th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Conchi won't get more than 1 set ... though 1st round but I BELIEVE :cool: ;)

switz
May 20th, 2005, 12:17 PM
people say poor justine but what about poor conchita?!? Davenport in round 1 of the Australian Open and Justine round of Roland Garros. not fair for her.

the best thing about this is that i'm guaranteed of seeing one of patty's bogey players out by round one :bounce:

it's good as well when day 1 or 2 has a great match on centre court

crazillo
May 20th, 2005, 12:19 PM
people say poor justine but what about poor conchita?!? Davenport in round 1 of the Australian Open and Justine round of Roland Garros. not fair for her.

the best thing about this is that i'm guaranteed of seeing one of patty's bogey players out by round one :bounce:

it's good as well when day 1 or 2 has a great match on centre court

I fear she won't lose.... Although I love Conchi (JHH is OK for me, too).

Patty vs. Conchi would have been interesting. :devil:

Greenout
May 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Justine has a hard time in early rounds against journeymen, and
people she never played before. She usually brings her "A" game
to former grand slam champions or other big names.

selestribe
May 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
:bounce: :bounce: VAMOS CONCHI !!! :bounce: :bounce:

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Love reading this thread!
Just an hour ago Justine was a HUGE fave to win RG, now she's supposed to lose in the 1st round! Things change so quickly! ;)

Anyway, Good LUCK, Ju!! :bounce:

Nacho
May 20th, 2005, 12:22 PM
PFFFFFF!!!

man that is BAD luck for Conchi!!! This is probably her last French Open and she is facing the toughest opponent :sad: I'm afraid she's going to lose in the 1st round for ther very first time in 18 years :( :(

IVI
May 20th, 2005, 12:22 PM
If JHH sturggles in first round like is usual, Conchi could beat her. So Conchi in 3 :bounce:

C.MARTINEZ
May 20th, 2005, 12:23 PM
conchita :tape: :tape: :tape:

tennislover
May 20th, 2005, 12:25 PM
juju, unless she will break a leg...... ;)

per4ever
May 20th, 2005, 12:26 PM
I guess this is great for Justine... she will need to play well from the start, and she has the habbit to get better and better in the tournament. So if she starts well here :D

**Jelica**
May 20th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Justine..terrible 1st round match though.
Anyone know what half of the draw she's in?

Nicjac
May 20th, 2005, 12:37 PM
THAT is a very tough first round!

I'll put my money on Justine in three sets.

saki
May 20th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Grrr. I'm so annoyed for Conchita. This may well be her last RG and she could have got to the SF with a good draw.

SJW
May 20th, 2005, 12:43 PM
good luck Conchita. :)

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Justine has a hard time in early rounds against journeymen, and
people she never played before. She usually brings her "A" game
to former grand slam champions or other big names.

JHH leads 7-0 against Conchita (five times a real blowout), but the last match was very difficult for Justine.

The fact that JHH had such a hard fight the last time they have met, is dangerous for Conchita, because Justine will know that she will have to be very concentrated to win against Conchita. Conchita risks to meet a strong JHH and then it is going to be difficult for Conchita, because there are not a lot of players who can win against JHH on clay if she plays her best tennis (look at what happened to Patty and Maria in Berlin).

bee
May 20th, 2005, 01:04 PM
justine :awww::banghead::shrug::armed:

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: :sad::sad::sad:

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 01:13 PM
JHH leads 7-0 against Conchita (five times a real blowout), but the last match was very difficult for Justine.

The fact that JHH had such a hard fight the last time they have met, is dangerous for Conchita, because Justine will know that she will have to be very concentrated to win against Conchita. Conchita risks to meet a strong JHH and then it is going to be difficult for Conchita, because there are not a lot of players who can win against JHH on clay if she plays her best tennis (look at what happened to Patty and Maria in Berlin).

Justine already had her virus the last time they played! :secret:

schris
May 20th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Good luck Justine :)

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Justine already had her virus the last time they played! :secret:

That's not true. They already met this year.

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 01:37 PM

Where?

Prove it!

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM

2004 AMELIA ISLAND CLAY (O) R16 J. HENIN-HARDENNE 2-6 7-5 6-3

rikvanlooy
May 20th, 2005, 02:42 PM
2004 AMELIA ISLAND CLAY (O) R16 J. HENIN-HARDENNE 2-6 7-5 6-3

OMG, you're so correct.

I have made a mistake.

In that case, Conchita is screwed, because she always gets hammered by Justine. The last time Justine had a bit of a problem (before that virus-match) with Conchita was in 2001.

Conchita plays a bit like Patty and we know what happened to Patty in the two last matches. Conchita will try to unnerve JHH with her moon balls and other slower balls. I have seen in the past that this doesn't really work against Justine.

Conchita will try to play a lot of high moon balls into the backhand of JHH, but I am sure that JHH knows that this is going to happen, so she will constantly play to her forehand, thus making it impossible for Conchita to play such a kind of moon balls. And she will go to the net lots of time, so Conchita won't get the time to start playing her kind of game. Well, that's the same strategy as in the match against Patty.

bbypk
May 20th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Ill get RG on wednesday!!!! Conchi win please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hartnett
May 20th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I think Conchite will win !!!

Rub
May 20th, 2005, 03:30 PM
IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION... justine will win even with no forehands... just backhands! :bounce:

again, even in her worst luck i just dont see justine being defeated by conchi... no offence to conchita... but that's the truth... justine had already trained hard and she really wants this...

there is no way justine will lose this match! :dance:

the appropriate poll question should have been:

how many games will justine lose to conchita?
choices: 0, 1, 2

Tati & Dani
May 20th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Henin in 2

alexusjonesfan
May 20th, 2005, 04:00 PM
what an unfortunate first round for both girls :(

*Jool*
May 20th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I hate this draw :banghead:

daniela86
May 20th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I'm 100% sure that Justine will beat Conchita in 2 sets
Poor Conchi :sad:

Bероника
May 20th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Good luck,Conchita!!!

DevilishAttitude
May 20th, 2005, 04:49 PM
If Conchita beats Justine I will be seriously stunned. And anyone who thinks Conchita can win are either very optimstic or hate Justine.

I've watched Conchita once against Justine at Filderstadt. Won about 5 points in the 1st set and was 5-2 down in the 2nd. Then Henin played poorly and started getting frustrated by Cocnhi's game. Tiebreak was exactly like the 1st set though.

Conchita has seriously pushed Justine on clay but I can't see her winning. I can see a 6-1 6-1 type scoreline though and I really don't want that.

Justine 6-1 7-5 IMO. :sad:

selyoink
May 20th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Justine in a cakewalk.

conchitaeterna
May 20th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Vamos Conchita

XMan
May 20th, 2005, 05:10 PM
lol, this vote is statistically not in accordance with the "who will win the French Open" vote. I think that the chances of Justine to win the match are about 10 to 1.

Scotso
May 20th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Terrible draw for Conchita :sad:

I'll throw her a vote because I :hearts: her.

lizchris
May 20th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Unless Justine gets sick again, I see her winning this in straight sets, something like 6-2, 6-2.

ans
May 20th, 2005, 05:31 PM
can't see justine losing actually

Spunky83
May 20th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Conchi will be "christinized"...as Justine wills!

miranda_lou
May 20th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Justine knows what to do and she won't allow herself to be frustrated by those moonies.:rolleyes:

And, that meeting at Amelia Island was Justine's second tournament back and first on clay. That's why it was close. Won't happen again.

Still, bad first round for Conchita.:sad:

the bambi
May 20th, 2005, 06:13 PM
conchi has a chance if she gets out there prepared to junkball the shit out of jhh.

Lady
May 20th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Justine knows what to do and she won't allow herself to be frustrated by those moonies.:rolleyes:

And, that meeting at Amelia Island was Justine's second tournament back and first on clay. That's why it was close. Won't happen again.

Still, bad first round for Conchita.:sad:

The tournament in Amelia Island was last year, and Justine was sick with her virus! That was the last tournament she played before RG!

DEETHELICK
May 20th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Justine in two sets. One tough, one easy.

baleineau
May 20th, 2005, 06:38 PM
i hope justine gets sick or comes out all nervous. i want to see conchita beat her badly.

JenFan75
May 20th, 2005, 07:36 PM
I'm rooting for Conchi! ^_^

propi
May 20th, 2005, 07:41 PM
:bounce:
My only question is how many games will Conchita allow Justine to win... we all know that's the only way Henin can beat Conchita ;)
I hope the winner takes it all these are 2 great champions whose game is unique in current women tennis :worshop: only exceptions are in case of Justine being the winner and playing vs Paola, Myskina, Mauresmo or any other Spaniard (very likely :lol: :rolleyes: )

miranda_lou
May 20th, 2005, 09:34 PM
i hope justine gets sick

That's mean:mad:

baleineau
May 20th, 2005, 10:29 PM
i don't mean really sick or anything. just a cold/flu or some gastric problems. anything to sap her energy and leave her feeling weak and drained. of course, a twisted ankle might make it easier for conchita, but i think that's going too far. i don't wish any harm for justine.

jrm
May 20th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Cruising time for JHH

Onyxangel
May 20th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Without Serena, this is JH2's tourney...

deja_entendu
May 20th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Please, it would be JHH's tourney even if she had to play Serena in the first round.

shap_half
May 20th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Without Serena, this is JH2's tourney...

Are you serious? Serena lost in the 2R of Rome. And she said so herself that she wasn't injured and that she was feeling well. I doubt she would have factor in further than the QF (if she even managed to get there) had she played RG.

Kart
May 20th, 2005, 11:49 PM
IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION... justine will win even with no forehands... just backhands! :bounce:

again, even in her worst luck i just dont see justine being defeated by conchi... no offence to conchita... but that's the truth... justine had already trained hard and she really wants this...

there is no way justine will lose this match! :dance:

the appropriate poll question should have been:

how many games will justine lose to conchita?
choices: 0, 1, 2

Honestly, sometimes I find it very hard to hold back from taking a swipe Justine and bring some people down a few pegs when I read posts like this.

Sadly there is an element of truth to what you've posted which is probably the reason why Justine gets her fair share of hate on this board without me adding to it.

Conchita's chances of winning this match are remote but nonetheless I will be supporting her :hearts:.

hotandspicey
May 20th, 2005, 11:57 PM
It's going to be a tough match.could go either way. good luck Conchi.

C.MARTINEZ
May 21st, 2005, 01:50 AM
que tengas mucha suerte conchitron!!!!!!!!:bounce: :drool: :hearts:

vettipooh
May 21st, 2005, 04:30 AM
Cruising time for JHHwe'll see. we'll see.;)

Knizzle
May 21st, 2005, 04:31 AM
Justine probably 6-1, 6-0.

TF Chipmunk
May 21st, 2005, 04:42 AM
Hmm, I think 6-0, 6-0. I agree with Rub...this vote shouldn't even be a question...It's pretty obvious Justine is going to blow Conchita out. And to those of you who actually think Conchita has a chance at beating Justine and winning the whole thing or even getting to SF...keep on dreaming :rolleyes:

spencercarlos
May 21st, 2005, 05:52 AM
Hmm, I think 6-0, 6-0. I agree with Rub...this vote shouldn't even be a question...It's pretty obvious Justine is going to blow Conchita out. And to those of you who actually think Conchita has a chance at beating Justine and winning the whole thing or even getting to SF...keep on dreaming :rolleyes:
Conchita will make you all eat your words :p

@m@nd@
May 21st, 2005, 06:24 AM
it'll be a rather close match.....but i think justine will win it

Julia1968
May 21st, 2005, 06:48 AM
Justine ALLEZ!!!

Lady
May 21st, 2005, 09:49 AM
Honestly, sometimes I find it very hard to hold back from taking a swipe Justine and bring some people down a few pegs when I read posts like this.

Sadly there is an element of truth to what you've posted which is probably the reason why Justine gets her fair share of hate on this board without me adding to it.

Conchita's chances of winning this match are remote but nonetheless I will be supporting her :hearts:.

Posters like Rub are in every fanbase! So you hate every player on tour?
Before Kim played IW or Miami, there was a special thread how noone stands a chance against her. I guess you really posted in the thread to put all those posters down?

Smackie
May 21st, 2005, 10:23 AM
i don't mean really sick or anything. just a cold/flu or some gastric problems. anything to sap her energy and leave her feeling weak and drained. of course, a twisted ankle might make it easier for conchita, but i think that's going too far. i don't wish any harm for justine.

Awww, those words..so sweet! Justine would be so grateful for such 'well'-wishing. :rolleyes:

galadriel
May 21st, 2005, 10:46 AM
Good Luck Conchita :kiss:

Caz
May 21st, 2005, 10:55 AM
I think Justine, but I would love for Conchita to win! Vamos Conchita! :)

*Jool*
May 21st, 2005, 01:41 PM

of course we will keep on dreaming, cause we know she cant lose a match 60 60 , even against fantastic , incredible, superwoman justine :p

lol
seriously , Conchi when she s on can do some high damage against anybody , I know its quite unlikely to happen, but sure she CAN win and as long as she can, I'll believe she will lol...

VAMOS !

Kart
May 21st, 2005, 02:11 PM
Posters like Rub are in every fanbase! So you hate every player on tour?
Before Kim played IW or Miami, there was a special thread how noone stands a chance against her. I guess you really posted in the thread to put all those posters down?

It may be my interpretation - but I don't understand any of your post or how it relates to what I said :confused:.

Please explain and I will provide you with a reply.

I would recommend you re-read what I wrote to make sure you haven't misunderstood me either.

Chunchun
May 21st, 2005, 03:21 PM
Justine ;)