PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Anything About Julius Caesar?

VeNuS#1LoVa
May 20th, 2005, 02:33 AM
I'm puttting this here because it's where I feel it will be best seen. Tomorrow I have to write an essay on how Brutus was the tragic hero, can anyone give me examples/reasons/support for this so that I can write an essay's worth. I'd appreciate it so much, thanks everyone...

:kiss:

Rub
May 20th, 2005, 02:35 AM
know what, try searching it on yahoo and google... you'd get so much info, your essay would be 30-pages long!

mboyle
May 20th, 2005, 03:00 AM
You mean Shakespeare's Caesar or the real one? Shakespeare's was far more glamorous and honorable than the real GJ Caesar. SEND IN POINTS FOR FANTASY SEASON DAMN IT!

jbone_0307
May 20th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I'm puttting this here because it's where I feel it will be best seen. Tomorrow I have to write an essay on how Brutus was the tragic hero, can anyone give me examples/reasons/support for this so that I can write an essay's worth. I'd appreciate it so much, thanks everyone...

:kiss:

We just got through reading it. I thout Ceasar was the tragic hero, but anyways. I think the only reason Brutus would be considered a tragic hero is because I guess that he was trying to look out for his "Rome" and that he felt that Ceasar would bring the Roman empire down. Cassius and Brutus felt that Ceasar was a threat to the roman empire and that he was becoming too powerful and they felt that they did the citizens of Rome is deed.

switz
May 20th, 2005, 03:14 AM
I think the only reason Brutus would be considered a tragic hero is because I guess that he was trying to look out for his "Rome" and that he felt that Ceasar would bring the Roman empire down. .

Brutus thought he would bring the Roman Republic down not the empire ;)

He would be considered a tragic hero in Shakespeares work because he is presented as a person who is acting with honourable intentions but is also clearly being manipulated by Cassius and to a lesser extent feelings of resentment towards Caesar's ever increasing individual power when the Republic was not meant to be about the person but simply Rome.

Shakespeares account is a very romanticised version of history - Caesar was quite a mean bastard.

i would give you a paper i wrote on a topic similar to this a few years ago but i've changed computer a billion times since then i don't know where it is :confused:

switz
May 20th, 2005, 03:18 AM
also because he ends up getting screwed over by Mark Anthony in a pretty tragic way :D

Damn Mark Anthony and Octavian screwed their plans up :sad:

Mateo Mathieu
May 20th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Watch an episode featured Julius Caesar, Anthony, Brutus and Cleopatra in Xena: Warrior Princess :lol: