Nice match Venus!!! :D

Keep it up!! :woohoo:

Apparently she had 75-80% of first serves in and won nearly all of them. :yeah:

-Kieron-
May 19th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Well Done Vee. Keep it up! :worship: :bounce:

cartmancop
May 19th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Good job Venus... Keep up the good work!

I think next up should be Peer, good luck Venus.

Does anyone have a winner/uf error ratio for this match?

Staticbeef
May 19th, 2005, 01:41 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: Semi-Hemi BabY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
:worship: :worship: GOOOOOOOOO VEE :worship: :worship:

Vut
May 19th, 2005, 01:44 PM
goodjob! Venus

Dan23
May 19th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Anna :sobbing: :(
Good tournament anyhow :D

Well done Venus ;)

tobi
May 19th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Good job Venus... Keep up the good work!

I think next up should be Peer, good luck Venus.

Does anyone have a winner/uf error ratio for this match?
not exactly with numbers but Anna had more unforced errors than Venus...
as usual Venus had more winners than Anna...

jonny84
May 19th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Venus will take this title I'm sure!

volta
May 19th, 2005, 02:02 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: Semi-Hemi BabY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
:worship: :worship: GOOOOOOOOO VEE :worship: :worship:dyum i canīt do better then that :o

GO Vee and win the dam thing :worship: :worship:

Tennisaddict
May 19th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Congrats Venus, keep crushing everybody like you are it's a sweet sensation :yeah:.

V-MAC
May 19th, 2005, 02:29 PM
WOW!!! :hearts: :hearts: Venus is playing better than expected :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I mean her serve seems to be back on fire again :eek: I think maybe going to play in Istanbul was probably the best decision tennis-wise she has made all year, seems to have awoken her game. ;) :D

Veenut
May 19th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Keep up the good work Vee!!! Good practice sessions.

squash
May 19th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I am tired of seeing Venus in those tennis clothes! Reebox please give Venus some new ones. NOW WOULD BE NICE!

Venus does deserves new clothes.!

ptkten
May 19th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Great job Venus! However, I still can't take these matches too much into account. For the most part her problem the past year has been nerves at important times in big matches. Her game breaks down when she gets tight. Hopefully winning these matches easily will give her confidence at the French that she's ready to win a major again.

azinna
May 19th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Great job Venus! However, I still can't take these matches too much into account. For the most part her problem the past year has been nerves at important times in big matches. Her game breaks down when she gets tight. Hopefully winning these matches easily will give her confidence at the French that she's ready to win a major again.

I feel very much the same way. For both Venus and Serena, the problem over the past several months has been big-point/big-match tightness. Serena just eked things out at Melbourne, but they both surely need to get these nerves out of their systems in order to perform at their 2003 levels.

I agree that Venus' decision to "reboot" at a lower tier tournie was excellent. It would have made a little bit more sense for Venus to start the plan a little earlier in the clay season, then worked her way up to a Tier I clay. But then look (she'd reply) at what happened last year. And maybe her goal is to be at her best come Grass, using the French (as Steffi said she did in 1999) more as part of her preparation for the W. ;)

volta
May 19th, 2005, 03:04 PM
I am tired of seeing Venus in those tennis clothes! Reebox please give Venus some new ones. NOW WOULD BE NICE!

yeah :sad: Vee needs new clothes

dylan24
May 19th, 2005, 03:18 PM
can get 18/1 on venus to win the french open.
might put a little on her.
nice long shot

DA FOREHAND
May 19th, 2005, 03:29 PM

LOL

Boy how times have changed...Before Venus and later Serena came on the scene outfits were hardly mentioned, now if they don't switch up every couple of tournaments in come the complaints...

Williams Tennis Association

cometz9
May 19th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Well Done Venus :hearts: Good Luck next round.
Does anyone know if she will be wearing new clothes at FO? Her outfits from last year clay season were the best. I hope she shows up with something new like Serena does.

No Name Face
May 19th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Venus :) :worship:

CJ07
May 19th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Venus :D

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 19th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Great Venus. Wasn't this supposed to be the girl that would trouble Venus??? LMAO!

spartanfan
May 19th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Great win Venus. Now stay focused the next two rounds and carry that intensity into the FO for two weeks.

jimbo mack
May 19th, 2005, 05:15 PM
nice win venus :)

keep winning easily

davidmario
May 19th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Nice win over a dangerous opponent. Remember she beat Myskina at last years USOpen in straight sets.

raquel
May 19th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Well done Venus ;) :yeah:
Looks like this week could be better preparation for RG than some of us thought. If she plays like this she should win this event and go into RG confident.

tennisrox
May 19th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Wow!Great job Vee!!win this title now!

tennisIlove09
May 19th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Venus Williams Advances in Istanbul

The Associated Press - Thursday, May 19, 2005

· advertisement ·
on error resume next If MSDetect = "true" Then For i = 2 to 6 If Not(IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash." & i))) Then Else flashinstalled = 2 flashversion = i End If Next If flashinstalled = 0 Then flashinstalled = 1 End If End If
ISTANBUL, Turkey
Top-seeded Venus Williams tuned up for the French Open with a 6-2, 6-1 victory over seventh-seeded Anna Chakvetadze on Thursday to reach the Istanbul Cup semifinals.

Joining Williams in the next round of this clay-court warmup for the French Open were second-seeded Nicole Vaidisova of the Czech Republic, third-seeded Anna Smashnova of Israel and Tszvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria.

Williams had three aces and her serve reached 105 mph against her Russian opponent in this $200,000 tournament leading to Monday's start of the French Open.

http://www.in-forum.com/ap/images/photos/medium/TURKEY_TENNIS_ISTANBUL_CUP.20050519094639.jpg (javascript:popUp('photo.cfm?id=IST10105191328',35 0,600);) "It was perfect preparation for Roland Garros," Williams said.

Williams said she initially had difficulty judging the serve of her opponent, who was "trying everything to stay there." In the rain-interrupted second set, Williams was in command.

Williams will next play Pironkova, who defeated Shahar Peer of Israel 6-3, 7-6 (4). In other quarterfinals, Vaidisova beat fifth-seeded Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany 7-5, 7-6 (6), and Smashnova defeated eighth-seeded Mashona Washington of the United States 6-3, 6-1.

Photo caption: Venus Williams from the U.S. returns the ball to Anna Chakvetadze of Russia in Istanbul, Turkey, Thursday, May 19, 2005, during their quarterfinal match of the WTA Istanbul Cup tennis tournament. Venus Williams won 6-2, 6-1. (AP Photo/Murad Sezer)

hotandspicey
May 19th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Venus :hearts: :bounce: :yeah:

mboyle
May 19th, 2005, 07:03 PM
That's great!:hearts: That means she's not playing as horridly as at FCC (that was soooo ugly against Golovin:o .) Snaps for Vee.

tennisIlove09
May 19th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Venus Rolls Into Istanbul Semifinals
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/VenusgoodFedCup05S.Mullane.JPG
Photo By Susan Mullane By Tennis Week
05/19/2005

Venus Williams continued her Roland Garros warm up by administering another beat down in Istanbul. The top-seeded Williams crushed Anna Chakvetadze, 6-2, 6-1 to roll into the semifinals of the Tier III tournament.

"It was perfect preparation for Roland Garros," Williams said.

The 13th-ranked Williams whipped Spain's Marta Marrero, 6-0, 6-0, in her opening match. Williams struck three aces and was in command throughout the match against the seventh-seeded Russian. The 2002 French Open finalist will play Bulgarian qualifier Tszvetana Pironkova for a place in the final. Pironkova, who entered the tournament ranked No. 216, defeated Israel's Shahar Peer 6-3, 7-6(4).

In the day's first quarterfinal, third-seeded Anna Smashnova stopped eighth-seeded Mashona Washington, 6-3, 6-1. Smashnova will play second-seeded Nicola Vaidisova in Friday's semifinals. The 39th-ranked Vaidisova edged fifth-seeded Germany Anna-Lena Groenefeld, 7-5, 7-6(6).

Diesel
May 19th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Continue on Venus :)

GogoGirl
May 19th, 2005, 08:20 PM
All,

Well - Venus looks good to go in this tourney. I bet she has her - "Here I Am Baby" grille on - these days. She seems geared up and ready to go for this tourney and the next grandslammer. If I saw her name on my side of the draw - ok - I might not be intimidated - but I'd be da@ned if I would take her for granted either.

"LET'S KEEP IT GOING VENUS" "REMEMBER WHERE YOU CAME FROM - WHERE YOU BEEN - AND WHERE YOU ARE GOING - GIRLFRIEND" "YOU CAN DO IT"

GogoGirl
May 19th, 2005, 08:52 PM
All,

Sort of old info - probably not on the appropriate thread - but I like the article title of Venus's first win. (Bakes) Anyone ever use it here? Please scroll down.

http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2005-05-18/d.php

RVD
May 19th, 2005, 08:58 PM
GREAT JOB VEE! :bounce: Keep it up and take the title! :yeah:
Nice try Anna. You'll do better at the FO. :wavey:

JenFan75
May 19th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Anna :sad:

Denise4925
May 19th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Great Job Vee :yeah: Just keep the concentration going and continue to remember who your are!!!

Stamp Paid
May 19th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Venus may have been on to something by playing this Tier 3 in preparation for RG...I plan to stay tuned...

volta
May 19th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Venus may have been on to something by playing this Tier 3 in preparation for RG...I plan to stay tuned...:haha: :haha: loving ur avatar.

hell yeah Vee went there not for money thats fo so

daffodil
May 19th, 2005, 10:41 PM
This means nothing to me. I mean, I've never heard of her SEMIFINAL opponent. That says something.

Piotr'ek
May 19th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Venus and Sveta - my faves to win RG :)

thelittlestelf
May 19th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Venus :hearts: Great playing today, I wish I could have seen you!

@m@nd@
May 19th, 2005, 11:02 PM
:sad:...anna....

Staticbeef
May 20th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Great Job Vee :yeah: Just keep the concentration going and continue to remember who your are!!! :wavey: :wavey: Exacta-Mundo :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Denise4925
May 20th, 2005, 01:45 AM
:wavey: :wavey: Exacta-Mundo :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:) :yeah:

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 20th, 2005, 02:58 AM
Keep Ip Up!!

Chunchun
May 20th, 2005, 05:10 AM
:worship: Venus :D win this damn thing!

Munchen
May 20th, 2005, 08:17 AM
:drool: This is a good tune up for Venus. Although I don't like her playing Tier III events, she's obviously struggling to win titles in Tier I OR II. :sad:

I hope she wins this event, and plays maybe one or two more Tier III events this season :)

Goodluck Venus :D

Rub
May 20th, 2005, 08:24 AM
hope she's gonna win this thing...