May 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM
who's going ???

and if you see Mr Bean...... give us your thoughts :tape: :lol:

you cannot miss him.......
if you dont know who he is
then check this
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=119945

he's the circled guy in the photo.

If he talks to you.... :help: he does know tennis though but he's quite hilarious.

JoeB_UK
May 14th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Lmao! eggster ;) i thought you had seen him already :P

TheBoiledEgg
May 14th, 2005, 04:30 PM
its for others
i've already run into him a few times
try and avoid him but he gets to you :scared:
and he keeps yapping.

JoeB_UK
May 14th, 2005, 04:38 PM
haha i mean i thought you had just seen him recently ;) i know you had the pleasure of meeting him. He does know his stuff too though :D

Now i will be attending surbiton too!! i should think he goes there too?

sarza
May 14th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I hope so i saw him last year at birmingham,eastbourne,and wimbledon :lol: fortunatly i managed to avoid him at all costs :lol: im going to Surbiton on the monday hope hes there i love to watch weird looking people :lol:

RayRob
May 15th, 2005, 02:39 PM
I go to Birmingham every year but I can say I've spotted him yet but you can be sure that I'll look out for him this year!

So, where did the name Mr Bean come from? Is that to do with the old Rowan Atkinson character or was that actually his name - :lol:

The only strange guy I cam accross was this one at Wimbledon. My friend calls him "Mr Steptoe" because he looked like father Steptoe of the TV program Steptoe and Son. He was standing by the barricades near the proctice courts, it was middle saturday. He kept getting all the juniors autos.

But this one junior player, he asked once while I was there and she said to him, "You already asked me once" to while he said, "oh sorry". Then after chatting to me and my friend, he asked her again, to which she got a bit adjitated, "You've asked me that a hundred times already - you already have it". Then steptoe turned to me and my friend, "God grief, these players today get a bit stroppy don't they!" :lol:

I hope he's at Wimby this year, I have to get a photo for my friend and send it to her!

-Rache

TheBoiledEgg
May 15th, 2005, 02:51 PM
I go to Birmingham every year but I can say I've spotted him yet but you can be sure that I'll look out for him this year!

So, where did the name Mr Bean come from? Is that to do with the old Rowan Atkinson character or was that actually his name - :lol:

-Rache

he does look like him and his mannerisms are the same too :lol:
dont know his name though.

JoeB_UK
May 15th, 2005, 03:17 PM
the dilemma for him! go to rg or go to surbiton :D

paul_masterton
May 15th, 2005, 03:18 PM
oh god him. i hope virginie razzano doesnt play birmingham this year, when i went in 2003 she kept running away from him and he was chasing after her for an autograph. the other frenchies couldnt stop laughing.

however he met his nemisis in martina navratilova. he was too scared to even go and speak to her. although in fairness when she came sat next to me during molik 1st round match i almost wet myself.

god if he ruins my wimbledon i will firstly be disappointed, but then not surprised.

i loved it when he told maria vento's coach to "shhhh"

paul_masterton
May 15th, 2005, 03:23 PM
just been looking at that old threwad eggy. and mr clappy too. anyway here's what i said about him:

"vento's husband started shouting at him and he was like "alright man, calm down" coz he was talking really loudly and pissing everyone off. he totally harassed razzano and she was standing there while he took photos of her and foretz and dechy were pissing themselves.

sonya jeyasaleen was slagging him off to craybass and i think lee-waters. "why does this sport attract so many freaks" i believe was what she said.

he was odd, and he pissed everyone off. nobody wanted to talk to him, they just wanted to watch the tennis.

it's like "i don't fricking care how she did at the french", i want to watch her now and i can't with you rolling stats out at me.

freak of nature.

and mr clappy was wrong in the head"

"it was razzano he got one off, foretz ran away it he other direction. she went the back way round teh catering tent so he couldn't see her.

let's compare him to a nice group of asian schoolgirls who ditched school to go watch tammy. they cheered and were taking photos with their disposable cameras and tammy was waving and smiling back. that's nice."

polishprodigy
May 15th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Lol....

This reminds of me this man who comes every year to Toronto, and has a flag of every country in his bag. He is a HUGE fan of Lleyton Hewitt, so he always has the Aussie flag around. BUT, when it was a Chela (ARG) vs. Hewitt match, the man pulled out an Argentinian flag as well (to which Chela clapped his racquet). The man is realy abnoxious, making many loud gestures.

And then there was that guy who had some calander featuring WTA tennis players in scantilly clad clothing.......and the players were so afraid to sign it lol cuz they were freaked out!

Pdm1987
May 17th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I'll have to look out for him :) I've only seen Mr Clappy and that was last year or the year before at Birmingham.

I can't wait!

JoeB_UK
May 19th, 2005, 04:35 PM
who's going ???

and if you see Mr Bean...... give us your thoughts :tape: :lol:

you cannot miss him.......
if you dont know who he is
then check this
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=119945

he's the circled guy in the photo.

If he talks to you.... :help: he does know tennis though but he's quite hilarious.
Eggy do you think he will be at surbiton? I dont suppose you have ever been there, to see him :D

TheBoiledEgg
May 19th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I think he goes to Paris for Roland Garros too.

JoeB_UK
May 19th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I think he goes to Paris for Roland Garros too.
I thought that too, if i remember correctly someone saw him there (in the thread i created :devil: ). I will try and get his name for us :D

andy tranmere
May 20th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I've had the "pleasure" of seeing this twat at the last two years' qualies down at Eastbourne, a total weirdo indeed. He collared me in 2003 as i was watching Mikaelian, he just couldn't stop rambling about how to pronounce her name so i just had to get away from him. I remember on the Saturday qualies last year the police collared him about some of the pictures he was taking. Couldn't help noticing how he always seems to hold(not with his hands !) his head to one side, if i were a girlie i'd be seriously worried about this guy. He may know his stuff but every time i spot him there i just have to get away

JoeB_UK
May 20th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Its funny you should say that, i heard him talking to some other guy about they were checking peoples lenses etc (because someone had been taking photos in appropiately). Now i am not too sure but i think they accused bean because he was talking about how taking of photos men "is what i think is bisexuality".
Any more info on why the police done him? was he taking candids of people or something?
I might have this wrong as i was trying to watch the match and just over heard him talking.

Some of the photos i took on centre court have bean in them, and his head is also slanted! he has a funny eye too, so it must be difficult for him to watch the tennis.

controlfreak
May 30th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Mr Bean or Mr Beans? I know which one I would rather have to sit behind.

Elisse
Jun 2nd, 2005, 12:05 AM
LOL@at this thread and the Razzano story!!!! hahahahahaha :lol: :worship:

Yeah, Mr.Bean usually goes to Roland Garros too! I've been trying to escape/dodge from his tennis statistics for the last 3 years! :p Usually, if I'm at Wimbledon or Roland Garros - he'll always manage to find me!!! :eek:

(Remember, he once asked me if I had a boyfriend and if not, would I like one! hahahaha :eek: :tape: - I think you can all guess my answer! :p )

Actually, though I was at RG this year for 5 days - I didn't see him at all!!!! :eek: - And I guess, that if he didn't go to Paris - he'll be desperate to chat about tennis as much as he can with the poor innocent tennis fans at Birmingham and Eastbourne instead! hahahaha :devil:

btw - If anyone sees him this year - please get a few more pics of him......and pics of Mr.Clappy too! :worship: :p

Ravsieg
Jun 3rd, 2005, 12:36 PM
Rowan Atkinson!! :worship:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 7th, 2005, 08:04 AM
guess who was there yesterday :rolls:

more of him in the Offical Bean thread

Hayato
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Never heard of him before, he sounds like a freak! Good on Perebiynis' coach

pav
Jun 8th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Wish I could be there looking for Mr. friggen Bean

http://smileys.******************/cat/12/12_4_76.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)If You see the bugger, approach Him with care! He might run, He might sprout, He might jump,He might climb, hopefully the Police will stick Him in the can!

Caz
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Sarza tells me that Mr. Bean and Mr. Clappy Hands were watching matches together today, apparently with some other strange looking guy. I guess I'll be seeing him next week at Eastbourne. Mr. Clappy Hnads only goes to Birmingham, doesn't he?!

Dava
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Today...was seeing what Vaidisova is all about when i got sandwiched between him and Mr Clappy (who was sporting some kinda arabic head scarf). I suddentl felt sick.

Pdm1987
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Today...was seeing what Vaidisova is all about when i got sandwiched between him and Mr Clappy (who was sporting some kinda arabic head scarf). I suddentl felt sick.

So does that mean you are the "other strange looking guy" which Caz talks about in her above post? :o :p :lol:

Dava
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:51 PM
So does that mean you are the "other strange looking guy" which Caz talks about in her above post? :o :p :lol:

I could well be:p but then there were a few strange lookin people today, and I would like ot think i looked highly respectable. :angel:

Pdm1987
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:52 PM
I could well be:p but then there were a few strange lookin people today, and I would like ot think i looked highly respectable. :angel:

LOL, I can't wait to go on friday, maybe I should go Mr Bean & Mr Clappy hands hunting if there are no interesting matches on. I'll take my camera ;)

Dava
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Hehe im sure you will find him them they aint hard to spot...perhaps you shoudl start a convo and taunt him or something.

Lucky bastard getting tickets for friday they were all sol out so im going again tomoz instead.

Speaking of camera, Mr Bean wouldnt leave poor Alicia Molik alone in the autograph booth and kept taking phtoos with or of her.

Pdm1987
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Hehe im sure you will find him them they aint hard to spot...perhaps you shoudl start a convo and taunt him or something.

Lucky bastard getting tickets for friday they were all sol out so im going again tomoz instead.

Speaking of camera, Mr Bean wouldnt leave poor Alicia Molik alone in the autograph booth and kept taking phtoos with or of her.

I think I'm going to find him and befriend him :p Get a photo of him and Mr Clappy Hands, and post them on here :D lol

I'm going on Friday & Saturday ;) Aren't I lucky :D

Dava
Jun 8th, 2005, 10:01 PM
OK will do, hopefully Mr Clappy will sport his arab head scarf, they're going to be all the range...I better get one before Wimbledon so i dont look like out of place.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 8th, 2005, 11:35 PM

How did Nicole play?

!<blocparty>!
Jun 8th, 2005, 11:50 PM
LOL, I can't wait to go on friday, maybe I should go Mr Bean & Mr Clappy hands hunting if there are no interesting matches on. I'll take my camera ;)

I am not roaming the outside courts looking for a couple of psychos :tape: And you don't have your Friday ticket, yet. Do you :p

Pdm1987
Jun 9th, 2005, 06:10 AM
I am not roaming the outside courts looking for a couple of psychos :tape: And you don't have your Friday ticket, yet. Do you :p

Oh fine then :p, I'll go roaming around on Saturday then ;) Where they are likely to be on centre court anyway :) Although will Mr Bean be in Eastbourne by then? :( ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 9th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Mr Bean will be in Eastbourne :tape:
Now i know who you mean by Mr Clappy........ he really is annoying :help:

yesterday when Mr Bean came along with his tray of food, he decided to sit on the chair rest, with tray on his lap eating, i kept thinking wouldnt it be great for him to lean back :devil:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 9th, 2005, 07:27 AM
forgot this............ right at end of day when the players and people with passes were getting a BBQ.

Mr Bean comes along and waltzes right in and asks "what's this, can i have some" :rolls:
he was promptly given she cold shoulder :tape:

and he was still complaining after........ think he was talking to Roby and her coach :help:

sarza
Jun 9th, 2005, 09:07 AM
:haha: oh god too funny Mr Bean managed to get to Laura the otherday and was like taking pics and stuff, she was with the other Americans and they were all just laughing so much,and Mr Clappy Oh my god that Arabian headtowel thing i was laughing so so much,he was sitting with Mr Bean and another freaky person,watching the granville/gullikson dubs clappy at all the wrong times,another thing that had me quietly chuckling to myself was he was drinking a beer or something but everytime he would take a mouthful he would like cringe and have to have some water, now WTF if u dont like beer,dont drink it :haha:

But oh my god there was so many freaks around today :o kept me entertained though :lol:

Szymanowski
Jun 9th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Has anyone ye spoken to Mr Bean?

controlfreak
Jun 9th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Guess who?

TS
Jun 9th, 2005, 01:59 PM
If he is a tennis stats freak, surely he must post here then.

King Aaron
Jun 9th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Guess who?
So that's how Mr. Bean looks like. ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:52 AM
i was just gonna enter Centre Court and i saw this :o
yesterday........ Mr Bean was removed physically from Stand B :rolls:
dont know how he got in there :lol:
knowing him he probably couldnt keep his mouth shut and he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Stand B is specially reserved.

Mr Bean talks to anyone who just happens to be near him.

sarza
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Guess who?

:haha: what a familiar sight :haha: same clothes from last year, but please if anyone happens to go back up there could they please try to get a photo of Mr Clappy especially if hes wearing the Arabic headscarf :lol:

JoeB_UK
Jun 10th, 2005, 11:30 AM
omg bean has a new lens!! his lens wasnt that big last year!! look out everyone, he can zoom on you now! :D

Pdm1987
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Mr Clappy Hands is a fan of Eleni Daniilidou ;) Got photo's which I'm about to upload, will post then later this evening in the main thread :D

Pdm1987
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Mr Clappy Hands or just a normal spectator? I'll remove it if it's not him :o

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Pdm1987/MrClappy1.jpg

sarza
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Mr Clappy hands indeed :haha: :haha: :haha: never remove that i will come look at that whenever i need cheering up ;)

Pdm1987
Jun 10th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Mr Clappy hands indeed :haha: :haha: :haha: never remove that i will come look at that whenever i need cheering up ;)

It's staying ;)

Hope to get photo's of Mr Bean next week in Eastbourne, didn't see him today :(

baleineau
Jun 11th, 2005, 12:26 AM
i went on thursday with my friend and my mum. we sat at court one (centre's tickets were sold out) and watched Jamea, Mashone, Jankovic and then bartoli in the doubles. Sadly, Mr Clappy was there, along with Mr Bean, as well as another weird looking guy (black hair, scruffy clothing). they would chat intermittently. mr clappy's clapping was very exaggerated.

also was distracted by the very annoying piano and champagne-invoked laughter coming from the DFS VIP marquee next to Court One. Jankovic was also distracted and complained at least three times to no avail. such a silly idea to have non-tennis socialites getting high next to a tennis court for professionals. the tournament referee was, of course, absolutely gutless in her visit to the marquee to bring about some quiet.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 11th, 2005, 08:28 AM
that is Mr Clappy :o
no more Mr Bean yesterday :banana:

baleineau
Jun 11th, 2005, 10:00 AM
perhaps these weirdos are more noticeable and numerous at british tournaments because of the "Care in the Community" policies in recent years?

baleineau
Jun 11th, 2005, 10:02 AM
mr clappy had an unusual figure as well - slim up top, but a large fat arse. found that odd.

Mike_T
Jun 11th, 2005, 01:17 PM
mr clappy's clapping was very exaggerated. Possibly thatís how he got his nickname, but thatís just a wild guess.....:rolleyes:
mr clappy had an unusual figure as well - slim up top, but a large fat arse. found that odd. Again, thatíll be all the clapping, burning upper body bodyfat, at the expense of lower bodyfat. I bet he comes from Clapham.

baleineau
Jun 11th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Possibly thatís how he got his nickname, but thatís just a wild guess.....:rolleyes:

oh you are so smart. and I thought it was because he had some sexual disease. :rolleyes:

Again, thatíll be all the clapping, burning upper body bodyfat, at the expense of lower bodyfat. I bet he comes from Clapham.

entirely plausible.

anyway, the clapping is certainly erratic. sometimes he claps outrageously even though he was not wathcing the rally. other times there's no response to a good rally. he certainly has his favourites, but I didn't notice the players looking up to him for support during their matches.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 11th, 2005, 05:43 PM
OMG LMAO :haha: I was watching Dani H and Golovin practicing today, and this guy was pestering this other guy about his pics. Everyone was like :shrug: It was so funny, all you could hear was him asking all these questions. It MUST have been Mr Bean :lol: Does he have lots of spots and wears piles of suncream? (he was today)

RayRob
Jun 12th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Well, the tournies over and I'm sad to say that I never saw Mr Bean, but I am pleased to announce that I encountered Mr Clappy! Infact, I was two rows back from him and was in hysterics for the whole matches!

The girls infront of me and the guy and girl behind me were also helpless with laughter.

I also ecountered who I can only discribe as a Yuri Sharapov wannabe, for this post I will refer to him as Yuri Clonapov! He was at the enterance talking to us waiting for Maria to show....I'm sure he was obsessed and I told him that the way he was acting was like he was a stalker....very strange.

Anyway, Becky who I was with joked, I hope he isn't sitting next to us - and low and behold....who sat next to us but the Yuri wannabe himself! So, we had him and Mr Clappy two rows ahead - oh joy!

:lol:
-Rache

vertigo
Jun 12th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Well, the tournies over and I'm sad to say that I never saw Mr Bean, but I am pleased to announce that I encountered Mr Clappy! Infact, I was two rows back from him and was in hysterics for the whole matches!

The girls infront of me and the guy and girl behind me were also helpless with laughter.

I also ecountered who I can only discribe as a Yuri Sharapov wannabe, for this post I will refer to him as Yuri Clonapov! He was at the enterance talking to us waiting for Maria to show....I'm sure he was obsessed and I told him that the way he was acting was like he was a stalker....very strange.

Anyway, Becky who I was with joked, I hope he isn't sitting next to us - and low and behold....who sat next to us but the Yuri wannabe himself! So, we had him and Mr Clappy two rows ahead - oh joy!

:lol:
-Rache

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vertigo
Jun 12th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Mr Clappy Hands or just a normal spectator? I'll remove it if it's not him :o

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Pdm1987/MrClappy1.jpg

He looks like Wally from the 'Where's Wally' books, all he needs is a little stripy red and white hat, and the image is just perfect...

RayRob
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:47 AM
mmmm, I see it now! :lol: spot the difference:

http://business.virgin.net/nigel.ayers/pasta.gif

http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/4260/MrClappy_wally.jpg

I see that Where's Wally is enjoying his semi-retirement :lmao:

-Rache

RayRob
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:57 AM
oh, I forgot to mention that Mr. Clappy does have a name.....he had his programme with him and on the back a name was written, now I don't know if it was his or Mr. Beans (maybe he took his contact details so they could talk more about tennis). The name written on the back was John Mc-something....I couldn't quite make it out, might have been McGuinnus or McGllson....it was definatey McG-something anyway.

He seems to be the sort to put his name on something so that no one else could have it!?

-Rache

*timtams*
Jun 13th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Who is mr.clappy? and what does he do?
I have come across mr bean several times, he is always harrassing people and players at eastbourne and i saw him at wimby too.
I had to run away from him at eastb, as i got collered by him and he wouldn't stop talking (this was thru a match btw). I just wanted to stab him. :mad: :mad: (beckl)

wurzelman
Jun 13th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I was there on Friday, and sat about 5 seats from Mr. Clappy. He likes Eleni as he kept shouting out "Bravo Eleni". And he was often the only person to clap when Sharapova mucked up. But he also clapped when everyone else did. Someone called him a prat. :( It was all quite funny! :) I am looking forward to seeing Mr. bean next year.
PS. Mr Clappy also had a guy in black next to him with short dark hair. Who is he?

baleineau
Jun 14th, 2005, 12:10 AM
the guy in black with short dark hair was with him at Court One on Thursday as well, watching Jankovic against Sequera. they weren't seated totally next to one another in the deckchairs, but rather Mr Clappy a yard or two in front of the other, younger guy. But they chatted enough to make me believe they knew each other.

This younger one had a small head, greasy short black hair, black, scruffy-ish clothing, pale skin, and a rather nerdish feel to his manner.

andy tranmere
Jun 14th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Well folks, I saw Bean at Eastbourne on Saturday and Sunday sadly. I did hear an elderly lady comment on Saturday to her friend "I'm suprised they let HIM in again this year" He sat next to me as i watched Tati Perebiynis on Sunday, but i positioned myself so my back was all he could see of me ! , a right pain in the proverbial he was at times, i really just wanted to wallop him . Poor old Tati, after the game he collared Tatis' coach(i think) to take a pic of Tati and Him- she looked happy about that(not). Printed up my Eastbourne pics and i've captured him in the background of 3 pics, one with his head chacteristically to one side. He didn't wear his bandana on Saturday but he did on Sunday.

bis2806
Jun 15th, 2005, 09:20 AM
It seems like soooo many of you spotted him during this tournament which is probably attended by only less than 100 people :lol:

Spunky83
Jun 16th, 2005, 06:41 PM
This guy is way more interesting than the tourneys! :lol:

I think I will make my way to Eastbourne/Bimingham soon just to see him!