PDA

View Full Version : The Israeli girls cheering thread !

Nimrodg
May 14th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Anna Smashnova :D
Shahar Peer :worship:
Tzipora Obziler :bounce:

GL !!! we want at least quarter final ;)

Shonami Slam
May 14th, 2005, 02:34 PM
first things first!
i want all three in the MD
tzipi has to battle three other eager ladies to make it.
from there i want at least 4 wins combined.
and mixed doubles is very welcome!

Irish
May 19th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Good luck to

Anna!!!!!!!!! :D
Shahar!!!!!!!!!! :D
Tzipora!!!!!!!!!! :D

Shonami Slam
May 20th, 2005, 04:35 AM
tzipi :(
very dissapointing.
c'mon now anna and shahar, maybe another QF and semis? :)

Nimrodg
May 20th, 2005, 09:48 AM
I think this is anna's opportunity and she's gotta use it.
Anna didn't prove herself in the big grand-slams and every tournament she is losing very early.
She is in a great shape and she need to hope for a good draw . GL Anna :hearts:

Nimrodg
May 20th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I think this is anna's opportunity and she's gotta use it.
Anna didn't prove herself in the big grand-slams and every tournament she is losing very early.
She is in a great shape and she need to hope for a good draw . GL Anna :hearts:
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Again anna will lose in the 1st round, this time to jankovic :sad:
and shahar got a bad draw too, although she already won bartoli this year.

pgprince
May 21st, 2005, 02:06 PM
Best of luck to Anna and Shahar!!

Shonami Slam
May 21st, 2005, 02:47 PM
my personal say regarding bartoli is that you simply CANNOT build a career from one injury to another.
her father and couch is a doctor in his profession, surely he must understand that ruining the girl like this is crazy.
her very low, very wide spread makes her extremelly strong on the ball, and with the double-double (two handed both sides) she can really blast them around, especiialy cross-court.
but the stance and double blow also makes her very slow, moreover, the entering and exiting of it really hurt her knees and legs - her main reason to retire or withdraw mostly.
IF she is healthy, fit and well-prepared, she can beat most players, including a good bunch of the top20 right now - but most of the time, she isn't.
i don't think she is now. she's playing only because it's her home town tourny, it's a grand slam and it's alot of money.
but with no good clay preparation, even though it's slower - she won't be able to play as she usually does.
i really hope she get's well in the two week break she'll have should she lose first or second round, and get it on to smash winners evrywhere in the grass season. by the european indoors, she has to be fit or else she'll drop the rankings.

now for jankovic - i've been saying for quite some time now - nick saw a very special young lady and worked on that marvel of a backhand. she hits it better than....anyone. that down the line, if you haven't seen it - you don't know HOW deadly it can be. against second serves, it's almost sure she'll take it with her backhand, and power it back so fast and deep you have no way to get it back in.
but, and this is a big but here - ever since the beggining of the year, something has changed.
she looks to be stronger, faster but the weapons are pretty...normal. she lost something of that wonderous touch, and i think it has something to do with the hype, good looks and money around her.
she's still delivering the goods, but IMO she's not playing her natural kind of game that led her to the success in the beggining.
and against anna, who is much stronger in her legs, and smaller - she's gunna have trouble keeping it up.
20CM give jankovic a much better serve, but anna can return the big serves, the question is what can jelena do with the topspin returned at her.
if anna can take it to three sets, the running will kill jelena.
she has weapons, anna doesn't and so anna learned to be as fit as a goddess, and fast as the wind. jelena is going to taste some of her own medicine if she won't bring back the wonders of her backhand.

Nimrodg
May 24th, 2005, 04:07 PM
ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a great win 6-3 6-0 over Jankovic :D

Congrats and GL to Shahar :D

Nimrodg
May 24th, 2005, 06:23 PM
ALLLLLLLLLLEZ !!!
Shahar won 6-4 6-3 :banana: :woohoo:
Shahar will meet peschke in the next round
Anna will meet Groenefeld
GOOD LUCK !

Shonami Slam
May 24th, 2005, 07:33 PM
thank god i can say "told you so!"!!
well done both girls for executing the plan!
boost for the next rounds ;)

anna/dally dou should be one of the weakest boubles ever, and one of the most clay-oriented as well.
we'll see if they can progress, nothing more than the second round expected where they should meet meghann/nadia.

chopen
May 24th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Anna will kill ALG next round

say sorry to Peer,coz peschke is on fire in clay

Shonami Slam
May 24th, 2005, 11:11 PM
actually, anna-lena is tougher for smashnova than jankovic, because she controls her spins and angles much better, and smashnova isn't a winner-hitter, so whatever is long enough on the court can turn into a chance for anna-lena.
also, she's much more mature and will wait for her chances.
my thoughts of how to beat such a player - very high ball, almost moon-balling with tons of spin. she won't be comfortable at that hight to punch the ball back.
also, if anna S can move up to the net at times, just to mox it up and change the pace, it will help her keep the streaky groenfeld from getting "hot".

and as for shahar - way to go girl! first win in your GS debut!
now that youv'e learned one experience in the world best tourny - it's time to learn another - it's called packing.

Nimrodg
May 27th, 2005, 11:42 PM
GL to shahar against Petrova :D

Shonami Slam
May 28th, 2005, 12:09 AM
I knew anna-lena would be far more dangerous :fiery:
horiible horrible scoreline.

surprised shahar won. nice one :)