May 13th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Vote.

JenFan75
May 13th, 2005, 06:05 AM
...on what?

Scotso
May 13th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Be patient :fiery:

I allowed multiple choice, but I don't mean for you to vote for one thing if you use it for one purpose, only if you use it regularly. Like I use IE to check playasport because Opera doesn't like it.

I included Avant even though it's basically just a shell of IE.

AjdeNate!
May 13th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Firefox.

Crazy Canuck
May 13th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Firefox.
Really? I would have never guessed!

AjdeNate!
May 13th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Really? I would have never guessed!
I know, right? Quelle scandelle.

Sharapova's_Boy
May 13th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Avant. :yeah:

Mateo Mathieu
May 13th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Mozilla Firefox :yeah:

daniela86
May 13th, 2005, 02:19 PM
I used Internet Explorer but i changed to Mozilla Firefox and i don't regret at all :) Mozilla roxxxxxxx :rocker2: Internet Explorer always had bugs :rollleyes:

Avid Merrion
May 13th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Opera and IE. use IE at work and occasionally at home because Opera freezes on me quite a bit which pisses me off :lol: but when Opera works it's great :)

Sam L
May 13th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Mozilla is definitely the way to go.

Infiniti2001
May 13th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Netscape---- I detest IE with a passion :fiery: I've reinstalled windows like 5 times in the last 2 weeks trying to get rid of the sucker. Someone told me that you have the choice to omit it when installing, but somehow I always miss that part . I swear I will die trying :lol:

P.S. Morzilla and Netscape are by the same folk :p

Wigglytuff
May 13th, 2005, 02:57 PM
netscape and mozilla browsers have the same core.

i use Camino, a mozilla/netscape broswer that rocks out, much more simple and slim than firefox, still in beta and is mac only.

Fingon
May 13th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Netscape---- I detest IE with a passion :fiery: I've reinstalled windows like 5 times in the last 2 weeks trying to get rid of the sucker. Someone told me that you have the choice to omit it when installing, but somehow I always miss that part . I swear I will die trying :lol:

P.S. Morzilla and Netscape are by the same folk :p

unless you are running Windows NT or 95, you can't uninstall internet explorer.

You can hide it in "set program access and defaults" but can't uninstall is since it's part of the OS.

Fingon
May 13th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I used Internet Explorer but i changed to Mozilla Firefox and i don't regret at all :) Mozilla roxxxxxxx :rocker2: Internet Explorer always had bugs :rollleyes:

if you think Firefox, Opera, Netscape and others don't have bugs, you live in a fantasy world. In facts more bugs were reported on Firefox than IE, the difference is that hackers don't target it, yet.

Wigglytuff
May 13th, 2005, 03:38 PM
if you think Firefox, Opera, Netscape and others don't have bugs, you live in a fantasy world. In facts more bugs were reported on Firefox than IE, the difference is that hackers don't target it, yet.
if by more you mean less. then yes you are correct.

IE really is one of the most buggiest programs ever released. bugs get reported to MS all the time, and they do NOTHING about it. the Mozilla group actually tries to fix its bugs. over time MS has just started saying that its bugs were "features".

and thats that firefox was in beta up until recently. also i am pretty sure the person meant "security fixes". once out of beta, firefox had less security holes then IE and all were much less severe.

:topic:

i have IE on my mac, so i dont get microsoft. the IE on my mac is 1000000X BETTER and works with less issues than their flagship product on their own os. when they make the os and the software they should have less problems not more. but when you read the reviews and use the products on a mac, its clear that by and large the mac versions of microsoft products are just better. even though they get updated far less frequently what gives?

i have on my mac:
camino (which i use 90% of time)
firefox
netscape
safari
Internet explorer

Cybelle Darkholme
May 13th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Anyone still using IE needs to buy a clue and leave that bandwagon quick. IE is terrible!

!<blocparty>!
May 13th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Mozilla. Just for the "Ctrl" "T" which is great. Tabs :yeah: :o

King Aaron
May 13th, 2005, 04:30 PM
I.E only cause I've not used anything else.

ico4498
May 13th, 2005, 04:38 PM
the browser wars ended when Billl killed Netscape back in the day.

Microsoft got into the browser business to effect Netscape's demise. they've shown zero inclination to develop IE after their goal was met.

the open source movement, championed by Mozilla, aint warring with anyone. my firefox will open pages in IE ... not even a minor squirmish.

-cata-
May 13th, 2005, 04:48 PM
IE at work and school
Mozilla at home.

saki
May 13th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Anyone still using IE needs to buy a clue and leave that bandwagon quick. IE is terrible!

When I used to use it, I found it faster than Firefox and, as long as I ran spyware checkers regularly, had no real problems. I prefer Firefox now as it's easier not to have to run spyware checkers, but I don't think IE is necessarily a disaster as long as you know what you're doing. For the majority of people, though, Firefox ought to be essential.

CooCooCachoo
May 13th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I still use IE, but I am contemplating changing.

ico4498
May 13th, 2005, 05:04 PM
unless you are running Windows NT or 95, you can't uninstall internet explorer.

You can hide it in "set program access and defaults" but can't uninstall is since it's part of the OS.

you can remove IE from xp. its not a process for the faint of heart or time stressed but its a definite can do.

controlfreak
May 13th, 2005, 05:25 PM
i use Camino, a mozilla/netscape broswer that rocks out, much more simple and slim than firefox, still in beta and is mac only.

It is rather good isn't it :)
Don't understand all those Safari worshippers.

Wigglytuff
May 13th, 2005, 05:59 PM
It is rather good isn't it :)
Don't understand all those Safari worshippers.
yeah i LOVE it. uhhhh customization.
safari is not very good. but i will say this, when i go to a site that needs a plugin and i dont know which one safari always does.

SelesFan70
May 13th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Netscape :rocker2: (but I have to use Microsoft Internet Explorer at work.) :o

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 02:47 AM
if by more you mean less. then yes you are correct.

no, I mean more, don't follow the stupid report in CNET, I am a programmer and work in IT, we receive security bulletins from security consultants, not journalist wannabe computer experts and firefox has more bugs than IE.

IE really is one of the most buggiest programs ever released. bugs get reported to MS all the time, and they do NOTHING about it. the Mozilla group actually tries to fix its bugs. over time MS has just started saying that its bugs were "features".

that is not true, first to say one of the buggiest programs ever release is a bit of a shot in the air, there are million of programs, have you tried them all?

Second, Microsoft does fix the bugs, there is a security release every month, religiously, and there isn't one more often because companies couldn't keep up with the updates and asked for more ordered updates. Oracle or Sun do the same. And when did Microsoft say that a bug was a feature?

and thats that firefox was in beta up until recently. also i am pretty sure the person meant "security fixes". once out of beta, firefox had less security holes then IE and all were much less severe.

not true, just read the security bulleting (again, from security consultants, who are the ones who find the bugs, in IE and others, not CNET or Compu Magazine.

i have IE on my mac, so i dont get microsoft. the IE on my mac is 1000000X BETTER and works with less issues than their flagship product on their own os. when they make the os and the software they should have less problems not more. but when you read the reviews and use the products on a mac, its clear that by and large the mac versions of microsoft products are just better. even though they get updated far less frequently what gives?

and who do you think made that IE? do you think Apple did? then you have no clue. IE is Microsoft, whatever is for Windows, Mac or anything, it's developed, designed and tested by Microsoft, and patched by Microsoft.

Plus, I have news for you, there were more than 80 security holes in Apple's recently released operating system, even before it hit the selves the bugs were known by the experts (not CNET).
when you read reviews by who? again, those products are Microsoft.

The mac system is more stable simply because is a closed OS, it only runs on Macs, that's why it behaves better, you want an OS tailored for an specific hardware, sure as hell MS can do that, but it won't be so portable, or so cheap.

i have on my mac:
camino (which i use 90% of time)
firefox
netscape
safari
Internet explorer

the only thing that protects you in your mac is the fact that being very few, hackers and virus writes don't even bother.

take Itunes for example, unlike the Mac OS is a very popular products, leader (I am not saying the mac isn't popular, I am saying it has no market penetration). Well, itunes was craked, Apple fixed it and less than 24 hours later it was cracked again.

The moment the hackers turns their attention to the macs, be aware, for one, the antivirus companies aren't devoted too many resources to the macs so if there is an outbreak can be a lot more difficult to deal with, and there much less experts out there.

the kind of security you have with mac or firefox is like the difference between living in NYC and a small town, it's not that the town is better protected or has a better police force, is that the terrorists or criminals just don't bother, they prefer to hit places with a lot of people.

go to neworder.box.sk and take a hard read, is quite technical but you will see there are security holes everywhere, it's inherent to the way software is developed and until the find new techniques, it won't change, for Windows and any other platform. Unless you want to go back to the propietory OSs, then sure as hell you won't be using a computer at home, unless you can pay a million dollars for it.

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 02:52 AM
safari is not very good. but i will say this, when i go to a site that needs a plugin and i dont know which one safari always does.

and you call that secure? you don't know what you are installing, do you?

not even the Pentagon computers are safe if you leave a backdoor open, if you allow programs you don't know to run or install, you are open the door and it's game over.

And that's the main problem, most users don't really understand the OS. I have been in the internet for years, and hardly hit by virus, I have had a couple of them that caused no damage and I dealt with them pretty quickly, if you know what you are doing you won't have any problem with any OS, if you don't you will have problems with any OS.

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 02:55 AM
you can remove IE from xp. its not a process for the faint of heart or time stressed but its a definite can do.

no, you can't, you can't hide it and makes certains features not work, but you can't remove it, Windows Explorer and IE are the same program, and without Explorer Windows does not work.

ico4498
May 14th, 2005, 03:15 AM
no, you can't, you can't hide it and makes certains features not work, but you can't remove it, Windows Explorer and IE are the same program, and without Explorer Windows does not work.

i'm not the only person that has done it. its more work than its worth, but no need to take my word ... google it.

Infiniti2001
May 14th, 2005, 03:30 AM
i'm not the only person that has done it. its more work than its worth, but no need to take my word ... google it.

A techie friend of mine gave me this.. I personally think it's too much involved to mess with it ... How to uninstall IE ----> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293907/EN-US/

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 06:37 AM

not even the Pentagon computers are safe if you leave a backdoor open, if you allow programs you don't know to run or install, you are open the door and it's game over.

And that's the main problem, most users don't really understand the OS. I have been in the internet for years, and hardly hit by virus, I have had a couple of them that caused no damage and I dealt with them pretty quickly, if you know what you are doing you won't have any problem with any OS, if you don't you will have problems with any OS.
:retard: :yawn:
ummm, how about this. why dont you use safari and then get back to me. cause clearly you never have.

p.s. i never said safari was secure. :retard:

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 06:50 AM
not only are you boring you are also profoundly dim. i like the part about how i clearly said that i like the microsoft products on my mac better than on the native os, and somehow your brain (small as it) took that mean that i was saying IE, word, ect were apple products.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/
visit. learn.

i dont think you know too much about computers. sure, you are programmer just like michael moore is a republican.

no, I mean more, don't follow the stupid report in CNET, I am a programmer and work in IT, we receive security bulletins from security consultants, not journalist wannabe computer experts and firefox has more bugs than IE.

that is not true, first to say one of the buggiest programs ever release is a bit of a shot in the air, there are million of programs, have you tried them all?

Second, Microsoft does fix the bugs, there is a security release every month, religiously, and there isn't one more often because companies couldn't keep up with the updates and asked for more ordered updates. Oracle or Sun do the same. And when did Microsoft say that a bug was a feature?

not true, just read the security bulleting (again, from security consultants, who are the ones who find the bugs, in IE and others, not CNET or Compu Magazine.

and who do you think made that IE? do you think Apple did? then you have no clue. IE is Microsoft, whatever is for Windows, Mac or anything, it's developed, designed and tested by Microsoft, and patched by Microsoft.

Plus, I have news for you, there were more than 80 security holes in Apple's recently released operating system, even before it hit the selves the bugs were known by the experts (not CNET).
when you read reviews by who? again, those products are Microsoft.

The mac system is more stable simply because is a closed OS, it only runs on Macs, that's why it behaves better, you want an OS tailored for an specific hardware, sure as hell MS can do that, but it won't be so portable, or so cheap.

the only thing that protects you in your mac is the fact that being very few, hackers and virus writes don't even bother.

take Itunes for example, unlike the Mac OS is a very popular products, leader (I am not saying the mac isn't popular, I am saying it has no market penetration). Well, itunes was craked, Apple fixed it and less than 24 hours later it was cracked again.

The moment the hackers turns their attention to the macs, be aware, for one, the antivirus companies aren't devoted too many resources to the macs so if there is an outbreak can be a lot more difficult to deal with, and there much less experts out there.

the kind of security you have with mac or firefox is like the difference between living in NYC and a small town, it's not that the town is better protected or has a better police force, is that the terrorists or criminals just don't bother, they prefer to hit places with a lot of people.

go to neworder.box.sk and take a hard read, is quite technical but you will see there are security holes everywhere, it's inherent to the way software is developed and until the find new techniques, it won't change, for Windows and any other platform. Unless you want to go back to the propietory OSs, then sure as hell you won't be using a computer at home, unless you can pay a million dollars for it.

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 06:58 AM
yeah i wanted to do it on my 98 machine, and it was just too much drama. its easy to uninstall on a mac though. not that that means anything. :p

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 07:31 AM
not only are you boring you are also profoundly dim. i like the part about how i clearly said that i like the microsoft products on my mac better than on the native os, and somehow your brain (small as it) took that mean that i was saying IE, word, ect were apple products.

visit. learn.

i dont think you know too much about computers. sure, you are programmer just like michael moore is a republican.

well, I tried to keep this civil, but since you are a fucking and pathetic idiot.

first stupid idiot, what a hell is a native OS? get your english right because that doesn't exists.

Second, you didn't mention, and I didn't mention word, so shut the fuck up.

and you are so stupid that your are criticizing MS products, without a fucking clue of what you are talking about, and at the same time use the quality of their products to prove your point.

asshole.

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 07:34 AM

visit. learn.

want to try?

what do YOU know about computers?

come on, tell me, what a kernel is? do you know what a stack is?

what is the heap? what are the microprocessor registers?

you are one of those idiots that tread the tech page in the newspaper and think they understand it, the only reason why you can use a computer is because companies like Microsoft, and Apple made it easy for idiots like you.

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 07:35 AM
yeah i wanted to do it on my 98 machine, and it was just too much drama. its easy to uninstall on a mac though. not that that means anything. :p

like you would know how to do that :rolleyes:

of course it's easy to uninstall in a mac idiot, it's not part of the OS. :rolleyes:

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 07:37 AM
:retard: :yawn:
ummm, how about this. why dont you use safari and then get back to me. cause clearly you never have.

p.s. i never said safari was secure. :retard:

when did I say anything about safari? I certainly have better things to do than try every freaking browser out there, when the one I use does the job.

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 07:44 AM

visit. learn.

i have IE on my mac, so i dont get microsoft.

maybe you should learn english before arguing, or you are just plain stupid or a liar.

SJW
May 14th, 2005, 07:55 AM
im sorry, i thought i came into non tennis not GM :o

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 08:11 AM
maybe you should learn english before arguing, or you are just plain stupid or a liar.

lol you are just a hating. and you are not very good at it.

i have IE on my mac, so i dont get microsoft. the IE on my mac is 1000000X BETTER and works with less issues than their flagship product on their own os.

here is a break down of english for you:

i have ie on my computer. my computer is a mac. so i dont understand microsoft. the IE they (microsoft) make for mac works many times better than the IE they (microsoft) make for their (microsoft) flagship product (IE) on thier own os, (microsoft windows)

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 08:13 AM
when did I say anything about safari? I certainly have better things to do than try every freaking browser out there, when the one I use does the job.

Fingon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglypuff

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 08:16 AM
like you would know how to do that :rolleyes:

of course it's easy to uninstall in a mac idiot, it's not part of the OS. :rolleyes:

its ok, stupid people tend not to have a very good sense of humor. it is for this reason that my humor wasnt directed at you. as you are of course a stooped "person"

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Fingon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglypuff

I see the computer expert doesn't even know how to quote.

I didn't say anything about safari, I only say it's dangerous to install plug ins you don't know what they are, and your statement that I should try safari only proves your ignorance, it's dangerous to install plug ins on any browser, if safari makes it easy then I don't like it, but I don't know safari and I was believing what you said, I see now you have no clue what you are talking about so it probably isn't like you say.

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 08:21 AM
its ok, stupid people tend not to have a very good sense of humor. it is for this reason that my humor wasnt directed at you. as you are of course a stooped "person"

and you call that sense of homour? I always though you were a weirdo but I though it could be a language problem, now I see it's a brain problem.

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I see the computer expert doesn't even know how to quote.

I didn't say anything about safari, I only say it's dangerous to install plug ins you don't know what they are, and your statement that I should try safari only proves your ignorance, it's dangerous to install plug ins on any browser, if safari makes it easy then I don't like it, but I don't know safari and I was believing what you said, I see now you have no clue what you are talking about so it probably isn't like you say.
that would be true, if i was quoting, but i wasnt-i was copying and pasting. now like i said before you cant say shit about a program you have never used on an os you have never used. its kind of like how you said you cant unistall IE on windows... basicly its you talking shit you dont know.

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 08:25 AM
lol you are just a hating. and you are not very good at it.

i have IE on my mac, so i dont get microsoft. the IE on my mac is 1000000X BETTER and works with less issues than their flagship product on their own os.

here is a break down of english for you:

i have ie on my computer. my computer is a mac. so i dont understand microsoft. the IE they (microsoft) make for mac works many times better than the IE they (microsoft) make for their (microsoft) flagship product (IE) on thier own os, (microsoft windows)

You have IE in your mac so you don't get Microsoft? what the hells does that mean?

You have ie on your computer, your computer is a mac, you you don't understand Microsoft? :confused: what does that mean?, so because you have a mac you don't understand Microsoft? it's the sentence with less sense I've read in a long time, even if I try I don't know what you mean.

you don't understand Microsoft, what? the name, their products? (obviously?)

do you actually know what the words "understand" and "get" mean?

maybe you should stop using a translator to post here.

Huntress555
May 14th, 2005, 08:27 AM
I use Mozilla :D

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 08:29 AM
and you call that sense of homour? I always though you were a weirdo but I though it could be a language problem, now I see it's a brain problem.

yeah, you are right your english does suck.

"brain problem" was that you trying to be witty?

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 08:33 AM
that would be true, if i was quoting, but i wasnt-i was copying and pasting. now like i said before you cant say shit about a program you have never used on an os you have never used. its kind of like how you said you cant unistall IE on windows... basicly its you talking shit you dont know.

again, I never said anything about safari, I talked about plug-ins.

And how do you know I've never used that mac-os? it's a pretty bold assumption. Plus, you don't need to USE software to understand it.

if a security consultant says there is a flaw in the mac os, believe me, I trust that more than the opinion of an idiot in a message board that has used the OS, like you know shit what's going on inside, you didn't answer my questions, what's an processor registry?, after all you have used it, you should know what it is shouldn't you?

And please, do tell me how you uninstall IE in Windows XP, I am dying to see your deep knowledge.

Of course you can strip down the OS idiot, many appliances use strip down versions of the OS, Windows, Linux, Unix, that's what a firmware normally is, a strip down version of an OS, just the kernel if you know what that means.

but if you do that, the OS will lose most of is functionality and will no longer be supported.

Do you really understand what uninstall means? I don't think so, you don't have a fucking clue of what's happening, you can hide a component just changing a registry key, it doesn't mean it's not there and not doing something in the background. IE is a set of .exe and .dll, many of the .dlls are shared by other operating system components, so they CAN'T be uninstalled, you can remove some functionality, but not all of it.

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 08:34 AM
yeah, you are right your english does suck.

"brain problem" was that you trying to be witty?

I don't even understand what you mean, get a better dictionary.

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 08:35 AM
get: slang. to understand

you know i dont get how this fingon dude could be so stupid. i just dont get it man. i dont get how he is taking shit out of context and then is confused when his doom ass doesnt understand the paragraph.

You have IE in your mac so you don't get Microsoft? what the hells does that mean?

You have ie on your computer, your computer is a mac, you you don't understand Microsoft? :confused: what does that mean?, so because you have a mac you don't understand Microsoft? it's the sentence with less sense I've read in a long time, even if I try I don't know what you mean.

you don't understand Microsoft, what? the name, their products? (obviously?)

do you actually know what the words "understand" and "get" mean?

maybe you should stop using a translator to post here.

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 08:37 AM
I don't even understand what you mean, get a better dictionary.

you dont understand that your english sucks?!!!

now thats funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fingon
May 14th, 2005, 08:44 AM
you dont understand that your english sucks?!!!

now thats funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

look, I won't waste my time anymore talking to an ignorant that doesn't even make sense in a simple sentence.

Get is not slang stupid, what doesn't make sense is not the use of get for "understand", is the use of understand at all which makes no sense, if you don't Understand Microsoft, then don't talk about it, or you like to talk about something you don't understand?

anyway, I've done, I will add you to my ignore list because fankly your bullshit is boring, it's like talking to a 3 years old kid and you are just polluting the place.

Keep talking non-sense to yourself.

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 08:49 AM
i just dont get you. you take thing out of their context and wonder why you cant trace the meaning. i just dont get it.

get it?

look, I won't waste my time anymore talking to an ignorant that doesn't even make sense in a simple sentence.

Get is not slang stupid, what doesn't make sense is not the use of get for "understand", is the use of understand at all which makes no sense, if you don't Understand Microsoft, then don't talk about it, or you like to talk about something you don't understand?

anyway, I've done, I will add you to my ignore list because fankly your bullshit is boring, it's like talking to a 3 years old kid and you are just polluting the place.

Keep talking non-sense to yourself.

Sam's Slave
May 14th, 2005, 11:06 AM
firefox

James
May 14th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Kids, don't take the title Browser wars so seriously. ;)

Wigglytuff
May 14th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Kids, don't take the title Browser wars so seriously. ;)
:kiss: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :o

Scotso
May 14th, 2005, 04:11 PM
IE is a pain. It's slow and eats up way too many resources.