PDA

View Full Version : Who Was the Best Batman and why?

Denise4925
May 12th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Michael Keaton...he embodied the character. Not only was he sexy and dramatic to the point you could possibly take Batman seriously, he was funny. He wore the costume well.

Even though Val Kilmer is a great actor, he was a non-entity as Batman. I wouldn't even remember that movie if Jim Carey had not played the Riddler.

George Clooney was just George Clooney is a batsuit.

Adam West...too hokey and the costume was ugly.

Denise4925
May 12th, 2005, 11:01 PM
bump :)

kiwifan
May 12th, 2005, 11:25 PM
C'mon, when I think of Batman, I heard Adam West's voice.

He was the guy who could always figure out every riddle, knew how to escape from every trap at the beginning of the second part of every 2 part episode.

He was the best dancer of all Batmen (Quentin Tarrantino dedicated the dance scene in Pulp Fiction to Adam West's "Bat-tutsi" dance).

And he had a strong Pimp Hand, nobody pulled better Catwomen and Batgirls.

O Ye, O Ye...

...the Defense Rests Its Case. :dance:

DemWilliamsGulls
May 12th, 2005, 11:53 PM
When they replaced Micheal Keaton ..thats when I stopped watching it....and Michelle Pfiefer is the real Catwoman....what the hell was Halle Berry doin?

Steam
May 13th, 2005, 01:44 AM
POW!

ZAP!

ZOWIE!

Adam West in a landslide.

kiwifan
May 13th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Damn, I can't green dot all the rational, sane people in this thread...

...yet. :angel:

RatedR Superstar
May 13th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Keaton gave credibility to a cartoon/comic character, he's the best batman

Lord Nelson
May 13th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Keaton was the best. Kilmer was not bad either but not as good as Keaton. The first 3 Batman movies were good. Concerning the original Batman series it was unique & I liked it. According to IMDB, Clint Eastwood was supposed to be two-face but the series was cancelled before he could play the part. Too bad, it would have been quite something.

Barrie_Dude
May 13th, 2005, 03:27 PM
POW!

ZAP!

ZOWIE!

Adam West in a landslide.Actually, it is:

"Holy Landslide, Batman!"

But I do agree!;) :bounce:

-cata-
May 13th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Clonney ( just because I think he is a really hot old guy :o)

Fearful Jesuit
May 13th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Adam West...bizarre, delightfully bizarre. :worship:

Denise4925
May 13th, 2005, 09:10 PM
:lol: Love the answers...bump

beauty_is_pink
May 13th, 2005, 09:11 PM
George Clooney, cause he's hot :o :drool: :tape:

JonBcn
May 13th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I second what kiwifan said :)

Denise4925
May 13th, 2005, 10:17 PM
C'mon, when I think of Batman, I heard Adam West's voice.

He was the guy who could always figure out every riddle, knew how to escape from every trap at the beginning of the second part of every 2 part episode.

He was the best dancer of all Batmen (Quentin Tarrantino dedicated the dance scene in Pulp Fiction to Adam West's "Bat-tutsi" dance).

And he had a strong Pimp Hand, nobody pulled better Catwomen and Batgirls.

O Ye, O Ye...

...the Defense Rests Its Case. :dance:
Yeah, but kiwi, what about that costume that looks like the fake polyesther (sp?) Halloween costumes from the grocery store and why not darken the eyes with make-up to keep him from looking like he just decided to put a costume on and hop around.

His stomach was too paunchy and his legs were too skinny. :lol:

kiwifan
May 13th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Adam West is Keeping In Real, FOOL!!! :explode:

No nipples on the costumes, No fake muscles in the costume :tape:, all Adam all the time :smoke:...

...back then poly was the fabric of the future. :cool:

Don't believe me, ask Travolta :dance:

Darken the eyes??? :rolleyes:

With what, makeup??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

(Tom Hanks in a League of Their Own):shout: There's no putting on makeup in Batman!!!

Tati & Dani
May 13th, 2005, 10:37 PM
never saw batman with the first one, can't stand the 3th one

my fave movie was the movie with Alicia Silverstone in it :drool: , i think George Clooney was batman then

lilly
May 14th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I know Val Kilmer today is nobody, but back in the day he was yummy in the broody kinda way. my kind of bad man :lick: :drool:

Veritas
May 14th, 2005, 11:47 AM
I think Michael Keaton was the best. He made Bruce Wayne seem calm and mysterious, a nice change from the bumbling oaf that Superman's human side was.

Pamela Shriver
May 14th, 2005, 07:18 PM
George Lazenby was the best BondMan.

greenfunkTHREE.
May 14th, 2005, 07:22 PM
george clooney! :D

bee
May 15th, 2005, 12:46 AM
none..;(

ginger_fish668
May 15th, 2005, 04:40 AM
I liked Val Kilmer. I can't believe there are only 2 votes for him... :sad:
But I'm REALLY looking foward to Christian Bale as Batman. He's a fine actor. I loved American Psycho.

Crazy Canuck
May 15th, 2005, 05:33 AM
I voted for Keaton. Possibly because I haven't seen any Adam West Batmans, because I'm 12.

Crazy Canuck
May 15th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Adam West is Keeping In Real, FOOL!!! :explode:

No nipples on the costumes, No fake muscles in the costume :tape:, all Adam all the time :smoke:...

...back then poly was the fabric of the future. :cool:

Don't believe me, ask Travolta :dance:

Darken the eyes??? :rolleyes:

With what, makeup??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

(Tom Hanks in a League of Their Own):shout: There's no putting on makeup in Batman!!!
You're showing your age ;)

Sam L
May 15th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Christian Bale will be the best because he's the best actor out of them all and the hottest.

Fantastic
May 15th, 2005, 04:24 PM
We forget that even though Batman was portrayed as a superhero in the Batman mythology, he was supposedly just a normal man in a disguise. This probably makes him one of the most amazing super heroes in the comic book universe, given that he had no special powers, was not a mutant nor from another planet where they had special abilities. But it does beg the question: how does a man who lives in a lap of luxury and was never portrayed to be keeping anywhere near peak physical fitness is then suddenly able to have the agility of a gymnast and the strength of a power lifter?

Anyway, back to the question. I thought Val Kilmer had the perfect age, look and personality for Batman. Michael Keaton was a little too old and too dark an actor. Adam West was almost certainly too old even when he started portraying Batman on TV and certainly didn't have the build for playing Batman. George Clooney didn't quite work for me. He was still and always will be Dr. Doug Ross. The introduction of Christian Bale should be interesting. He's very different to all the other actors and much more capable of giving Batman some warmth compared to Keaton, Kilmer and West. Clooney gave Batman nothing except his own face. I didn't really answer the question, did I? Well, I can't.

Denise4925
May 16th, 2005, 04:26 PM
We forget that even though Batman was portrayed as a superhero in the Batman mythology, he was supposedly just a normal man in a disguise. This probably makes him one of the most amazing super heroes in the comic book universe, given that he had no special powers, was not a mutant nor from another planet where they had special abilities. But it does beg the question: how does a man who lives in a lap of luxury and was never portrayed to be keeping anywhere near peak physical fitness is then suddenly able to have the agility of a gymnast and the strength of a power lifter?

Anyway, back to the question. I thought Val Kilmer had the perfect age, look and personality for Batman. Michael Keaton was a little too old and too dark an actor. Adam West was almost certainly too old even when he started portraying Batman on TV and certainly didn't have the build for playing Batman. George Clooney didn't quite work for me. He was still and always will be Dr. Doug Ross. The introduction of Christian Bale should be interesting. He's very different to all the other actors and much more capable of giving Batman some warmth compared to Keaton, Kilmer and West. Clooney gave Batman nothing except his own face. I didn't really answer the question, did I? Well, I can't.
I'm not too sure about Christian Bale giving Batman warmth because I can't get past American Psycho. Anyway, I agree with you on Keaton, he's a dark actor and that was Batman, dark and mysterious.

Malin
May 16th, 2005, 06:24 PM
When they replaced Micheal Keaton ..thats when I stopped watching it....and Michelle Pfiefer is the real Catwoman....what the hell was Halle Berry doin?

ugh they ruined catwoman with that movie, she looked like a prostitute:( :mad:

Scotso
May 17th, 2005, 04:55 AM
I voted for Val... the others just bored me.

I also think Christian Bale will be the best.

Halardfan
May 17th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Adam West is best by an absolute mile...his film and series has such colour, genuine humour, brilliant villians, and at the centre, West's deapan, terrific performance holding it all together. Batman remains one of THE great TV shows of all time...probably in my top 5...pure feelgood TV.

Keaton is the best of the newer guys.

The last Clooney/Arnie film was bloody AWFUL. In every respect.

Barrie_Dude
May 18th, 2005, 08:46 PM
George Clooney, cause he's hot :o :drool: :tape:Did I mention I look like George Clooney? :hehehe:

Andy Mac
May 18th, 2005, 11:04 PM
george clooney

Scotso
May 20th, 2005, 04:16 AM
You guys can seriously think Clooney was the best :eek:

He turned the role into a joke. It's not supposed to be a comedy!

vogus
May 20th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Keaton was the one who really captured the goofiness and irony of Bruce Wayne's character. He was perfect in that role. I dont really remember Adam West, but the other two guys didnt come close.

Oizo
May 20th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Michael Keaton is by far the best. Because he played it very good and he had the best villains to defeat.

Avid Merrion
May 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Adam West, the original and the best :cool:

nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana BATMAN!!!!! :lol:

Oizo
May 20th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Adam West, the original and the best :cool:

nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana BATMAN!!!!! :lol:

That tune is just :haha:

manu32
May 20th, 2005, 06:31 PM
michele pfeiffer

Helen Lawson
May 20th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Adam West was great, but when he did "Young Lady Chatterley 2" with Harlee McBride I kind of crossed him off my list.
I do NOT approve of softcore!