PDA

View Full Version : Mary lost 6-7(4)4-6 to Maria

sebbe
May 12th, 2005, 08:45 PM
I just say wow....Mary played soo great.

Even though she lost I can just sit here with a smile.

Maria was to heavy today and she is mentally stonger then Mary.

The swedish commentator said that this was the best Mary has played since winning RG.

I'm so happy with the way Mary played.

morbidangle
May 12th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I cant take these close losses anymore! :sad:

Good stuff Mary, well played, you just have to improve slightly.. I hope u have a great French Open.

I hate tie breaks! Mary fought back so well in the first set, only to lose another tie break... then in the second set, she was up 40-0 and let Maria break her.. just a few points here n there.. and it could've been 7-6,6-4 for Mary.

NicoMary
May 12th, 2005, 08:52 PM
What a great match guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lot of tensions between maria and Mary ...i don't know why:confused:

Lots of winners, some great points... an amazing match...Mary was so close it's a bit frustrating...

But Woao Mary is playin Great tennis!!!!!!!:eek: :hearts: :bounce:

NicoMary
May 12th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Mary was just :eek:

rsunderji
May 12th, 2005, 08:56 PM

Lots of winners, some great points... an amazing match...Mary was so close it's a bit frustrating...

yeah mary just needs to get over the hump, I hope she can continue this quality of tennis next week. I didn't get a chance to see the match, what do you mean by tensions between the two?

Mark Spruce
May 12th, 2005, 08:59 PM
So un-lucky Mary

Better luck next time.

Mary is getting back to her best form

Proud of you

regards

Mark

morbidangle
May 12th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Come to think of it.. Mary has only had 2 bad losses this year. Cohen Aloro(AO) and Nuria(Charleston). Other than that she has lost to Momo, Maria, Serena and Nadia, all top ten players. And she has gone down fighting in most of these losses. Both times against Maria, she put up one helluva fight. Against nadia she got from 5-2 to 5-5 in the second. PLayed tough against Serena and Momo. I just hope Mary takes the next step and starts winning these close matches. Just a favourable draw, and she'll do fine at Roland Garros. She'll be seeded 21-23 , depending on how many players pull out and how far Schivone goes at Rome. Means she'll come up against Patty, Justine, Venus or Elena Bovina in the third round! Very tough!

Mark Spruce
May 12th, 2005, 09:09 PM
LOTS OF TENSIONS ?????

regards

Mark

sebbe
May 12th, 2005, 09:12 PM
LOTS OF TENSIONS ?????

regards

Mark

yeah a bit but most of it in the beginning...

both of them were questioning alot of calls throuh the whole match, and they was probably getting a bit of irritated on eachother.

Frenchragazzo
May 12th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone, I've just come back from the stadium and I have to say I feel weird: I'm proud of Mary because she've fought so well during all the match, but I'm also disappointed because I think she could have won this match or at least one set.
I also notice that Mary and Maria didn't seem to like each other. I don't know why...

The greatest moment was after the match when Mary left the court: everyone in the stadium was screaming "Mary, Mary", then Mary sent kisses to the crowd and then there was a great ovation for our champion. :bounce: :bounce:
Maria, even if she was applaused didn't received the same thing (and she seemed a little disturbed by the reaction of the people for Mary.)

I was very happy for Mary even if I must say I wonder if that was not the last time we've seen Mary in Rome :confused:

stenen
May 12th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Mary played a great match. But I'm still a little :sad: because she had a chance to win here. Good luck at RG!

SpremPierceLover
May 12th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Mary was just...just not Maria :lol: ...Cold and hartless..She's like an angel :angel: and also they can win...on RG with magic energy !!! Loveye :kiss: Mary was just :eek:

mamno_MARYFAN
May 13th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Poor Mary....:sad:

Never mind...still great score...great fight...maybe just a little bit more time for Mary...!!!:bounce:

Tension between Mary and Maria...?? Who wouldn't....I dislike Maria very much when she does her 'thing'....:rolleyes:

Never mind Mary...next time she'll do well...:angel:

Come on Mary!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

MaryPierceFan
May 13th, 2005, 06:55 AM
I also saw the match. Mary played really great. From 2:5 to 5 all. But in the tiebreak from 1:2 to 5:2. 2:2 Mary did just 3 easy errors which were very costly in the tiebreak. What a pity that Mary lost the game where was 40:0 up and the ball "at ' the net. But I'm also very proud of Mary. She played great.
Yeah, and it seems that they don't like each other. I also don't like Sharapova so I understand Mary. Especially, it's so stupid when Sharapova is hollering after errors of her rivals. She is like Hewitt. And all the reaction after "bad"(according her) calls by umpires. I'm always very angry when I see her. Grrr! She thinks she is the most beautiful(for sure not) tennis player in the world and she is the best. Do You remember her match against Davenport in IW?
I'm a woman and I don't care how long legs Sharapova has so I understand Mary why she doesn't like her. If it's the only reason. We don't know why they don't like each other.
Anyway, I hope Mary will have a good run in Paris and a good draw.
Go girl! You can do it!

NicoMary
May 13th, 2005, 06:55 AM
By tensions i mean...there was a lot of wrongs decisions...and it has put some tension on the court...;:(

at one moment Maria have ask the chairman to check a line...and mary has directly:eek: talked to Maria to tell her that the ball was far from the line.

Just after when Mary asked for a serve...maria made an angry face..like if the question of Mary was stupid :rolleyes:

The Girls was tryin' to impress themselves, especcialy Mary who was directly facing Maria after all the winners....:eek: they were tryin' to hit the ball as hard as they can....with the power of this two girls You Can Imagiune What it LOOk Like:eek:

A great Match With to Great girls:hearts: :worship:

The Last Unicorn
May 13th, 2005, 07:19 AM
This is really sad, Mary always plays very well and pushes the other girls to their best. But apparently they somehow come out on top. I seems to me that these top ten players are always peaking when playing Mary. Sure, that's what makes a top player, but she never gets an easy match.

Piotrek
May 13th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Mary lost :sad:

But very good tournament for her :)

Good luck Mary during French Open.

Mary's 1st Fan
May 13th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Does anyone has an interview of mary after her match. I hope she is not too disappointed , I am scared of this, I am sad if Mary is sad.
What a beautiful match I am so disappointed for her. I hate the reactions of this Sharapova, she thinks that she is the most beautiful and the best tennis player in the world. She always overreacts. Her bals were sometimes 40 cm out and she spoke nevertheless with the umpire. I loved the reactions of Mary who directly spoke to Sharapova. I understand Mary that she dislikes Sharapova, she is so proud and pretentious. Mary is the first class for me she is more beautiful than Sharapova and she is honnest, Sharapova tried to dupe. She tried to influence the umpire. I don't know if you saw but Sharapova tried to dispute of Mary which was 10 cm in the court. She looked towards Mary and said " the ball is 10cm out" and the umpire came and looked the mark and said the ball is good. Mary had a smile coz she understood that a Sharapova was a cheat. Mary is so honnest, she never cheats,she never steals a point.
I HOPE IN roland garros a better draw and please NOT HENIN IN THE 3RD ROUND; NOT HENIN PLEASE!!!!Myskina, Dementieva or Venus Williams but not Henin. Do you agree with me guys? the most dangerous players are Henin, Clijster,MAURESMO.
I am sure that Mary can beat Davenport on clay all the more because she did not play on European clay, she can beat Demetieva and MYskina. I would love a revenge against SHARAPOVA but not in the 3rd round. To contradicts the journalists I WOULd love to see Mary play against Dechy.
What will be the ranking of MARY ON monday? THERE IS A PROBLEM since Sugiama is just behind Mary this week but she is for the moment quater finalist and i think that she will passed Mary::::who knows who Mary will to face with her current ranking in Roland Garros. we don' have to forget that Capriati and MOlik won't play RG and maybe Clijsters too, so it will help Mary to have a better seed.

NicoMary
May 13th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I think that you're a bit crual with Maria Sharapova:rolleyes: ....

Mary was really tryin' to intimidate her...like the great Mary in Hilton Head 2000...

Sharapova was a bit like a child...she has never watch mary directly.......

Maria is young...and she knew that Mary is a great Clay court player...

There is a small interview in the french news paper l'équipe....they says that Mary did a great match and Mary says:
" I wasn't really far from the second player in the world... it means what it means"

Mark Spruce
May 13th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the explanation.

Mark

By tensions i mean...there was a lot of wrongs decisions...and it has put some tension on the court...;:(

at one moment Maria have ask the chairman to check a line...and mary has directly:eek: talked to Maria to tell her that the ball was far from the line.

Just after when Mary asked for a serve...maria made an angry face..like if the question of Mary was stupid :rolleyes:

The Girls was tryin' to impress themselves, especcialy Mary who was directly facing Maria after all the winners....:eek: they were tryin' to hit the ball as hard as they can....with the power of this two girls You Can Imagiune What it LOOk Like:eek:

A great Match With to Great girls:hearts: :worship:

Mary's 1st Fan
May 13th, 2005, 12:46 PM
You can be young but it does not mean that you have to be unrespectfull. And when sharapova tried to steal a point to MARY whereas the ball is in, i think that it is a lack of respect: Mary is fair when Sharapova made good points Mary agreed with her head, sharapova not.
I am a fan of MARY NOT OF Sharapova. No matter.
Mary will be ranked 25th on MONday since shiavone has won against SERENA WILIAMS. BUt without Molik and Capriati mary will be seed 23th in ROLAND OR 22TH if Clijstre withdraw, which players will have mary to face in the 3rd round? does anyone know?

Mary's 1st Fan
May 13th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Mary was just...just not Maria :lol: ...Cold and hartless..She's like an angel :angel: and also they can win...on RG with magic energy !!! Loveye :kiss:
I agree with you SpremPierce lover

spindoctor
May 13th, 2005, 01:06 PM
You can be young but it does not mean that you have to be unrespectfull. And when sharapova tried to steal a point to MARY whereas the ball is in, i think that it is a lack of respect: Mary is fair when Sharapova made good points Mary agreed with her head, sharapova not.
I am a fan of MARY NOT OF Sharapova. No matter.

I agree with you but I still think that we shouldn't be so hard on Maria. She's a victim of her own success and her arise to stardom happened suddenly her being very young. Her occasional disrespect for other players just goes to show that she doesn't know how to handle the situation in the best possible and tactful way.

Mary played a great match and I wish her good luck @ Roland Garros.

ashwu
May 13th, 2005, 01:37 PM
hehe, i don't like sharapova either~
but i think she's very mentally strong, which is an important quality of being a top player.
cold and heartless could make a perfect tennis player :P

Wizzy Maryfan
May 13th, 2005, 01:45 PM
I'm so proud of Mary, of her great game (so poweful, so beautiful) and of HER ATTITUDE !!!

She lost the first set in the tie break, after being led 5-2 in the first ... but she never never gave up !

Too good to see that Mary is able to play her best 2h00 !!!
Too good to see that Mary is so close to the world number 2 !
Too good to see that Mary smiles when she's hitting a winner !
Too good to see such a battle, with winners, with tension ... it was a real battle, not only a match you know !
It was so exciting to watch, Mary played a really good tennis !
I think she has an impressive level since hertogenbosch last year ! She played a good French Open last year, but the lack of matches punished her against Venus !
This year she has more matches, she is surely more confident, and she knows that she's really close to Sharapova ...

Now, her defeat is perhaps not an as bad thing as that ! You know, she will have time to rest now, and moreover, she knows that she's playing an awesome tennis, but she saw yesterday that she has to be a little better to beat the best !
So sure she will believe in her and improve again her game !
Then, with the french crowd, with her "Roland Garros feeling", with her stroke, sure she can do a very good run ...
I hope she won't have to face Henin or Clijsters too early ... I hope she will play at least the same tennis she played yesterday night ! I wish she'll enjoy her tennis :)

Moreover, i have to say that i agree that Mary is really considered to be dangerous by ALL PLAYERS, that's why all of them are playing their best when they meet Mary !
That's a pity, but soon, Mary will find how to beat them, for sure :angel:

Go Mary !

ps : i dream of a Pierce/Sharapova final in Roland Garros :drool:

saby
May 13th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Hey guys,

I don't know if some of you watched the match on eurosport France, but Sara Pitkowski who was commenting the match for france said, "it seems that there is a litigation between Mary and Maria, and it's probably from Indian Wells"

Mark Spruce
May 13th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Hi Saby,

WOW this is interesting.

What was meant to have happened at indian wells.

Did they sake hands at the end of this last match ??

mark

Hey guys,

I don't know if some of you watched the match on eurosport France, but Sara Pitkowski who was commenting the match for france said, "it seems that there is a litigation between Mary and Maria, and it's probably from Indian Wells"

saby
May 14th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I don't know Mark, but for this match, it was about intimadation.

What I think is that Maria is young and even is she is a good player she needs to have respect for others. Especially for Mary, she's not just a player, she is a champ like Lindsay, Monica, Justine, william sisters... you know what I mean, she is not playing a girl who's ranking 455...

The match was great but after it I can't stand Sharapova anymore

sebbe
May 14th, 2005, 10:59 AM
How many points will Mary have after these three matches??

Mary's 1st Fan
May 14th, 2005, 11:34 AM
I agree with you Saby, I had nothing against Sharapova before but now I can't stand her anymore.

Mark Spruce
May 14th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Hi Saby.

Thanks so much for the info.

After this match and the way she behaved against Mary. I have lost respect for her.

She should learn some humility and respect. I think that if she is like this at RG she will get ripped to pieces by the French Crowd.

I wil write to you later on.

take care

Mark

I don't know Mark, but for this match, it was about intimadation.

What I think is that Maria is young and even is she is a good player she needs to have respect for others. Especially for Mary, she's not just a player, she is a champ like Lindsay, Monica, Justine, william sisters... you know what I mean, she is not playing a girl who's ranking 455...

The match was great but after it I can't stand Sharapova anymore

NicoMary
May 14th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I really think that you're a bit rude with Maria...:sad: i'm absolutly not a fan of her...But she was just tryin' to act like a future n°1...

Mary was really Impressiv...:eek: and will all Know how Mary seems strong and confident when she play well....Mary was watching her in the eyes after each winners that she made.....

Maria was tryin to do the same...:rolleyes:

But whatever MARY IS THE QUEEN

ashwu
May 16th, 2005, 03:25 AM
found this on a sharapova fan site.
http://www.2000.ru/sharapova/2005/roma/mpiers_roma2005.mpg

and rolandgarros.com has 1994, 2000 final videos.
rtsp://a373.v8586e.c8586.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/373/8586/v0001/ibmfrench.download.akamai.com/8586/2005/finals/1994.rm
rtsp://a373.v8586e.c8586.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/373/8586/v0001/ibmfrench.download.akamai.com/8586/2005/finals/2000.rm

Mark Spruce
May 16th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Thank you som uch Ash,

Greta to see you posting again.

Mark

ashwu
May 16th, 2005, 01:49 PM
hehe, i was on vacation for about 20 days :)