PDA

View Full Version : Thursday report

Grafiati
May 12th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Not a lot of time to get this typed, I will add on later if there are things I forget:

I predicted a Brandi win over Jackson and it was pretty routine. Jackson doesn't have a big serve, so all of her service games were open for the taking, and Brandi really did a good job being consistent and working the ball around with her backhand. Does anyone know who her current coach is? It's some woman with dark, frizzy hair who wears sunglasses, a baseball hat, and who says "Come on" instead of giving coaching advice from the stands.

Anne Kremer choked. That's my take on the match. She was down 5-3, did well to stay tough and go up 7-5, 1-0, 40-0, and then she seemed to sense the opportunity and get tight. Benesova was bending over with her head between her knees in frustration but Anne just didn't take advantage. She started hitting short without any angles and her serve let her down. It was hard to be a fan of hers since she didn't do much right for the rest of the match (even after going up a break again at 2-1 in the second set). She didn't hit with pace as in practice and she played like she wasn't willing to go for it. You have to give Iveta credit for not disappearing like Strycova would have, though- she stayed in it and won the match.

I didn't see any of Dinara/Michaela, not even the warmup, since the Monfils/Serra match was the match of the tournament. I am not surprised that Safina won in straights.

Pous Tio is just a tough customer. I didn't catch much of the match until the third set, but she steps up and hits the ball deep with pace off of both sides, and for a Spaniard her serve is decent. Nagyova thought she could win, but she wasn't aggressive enough. She was happy to win, and some Czech woman shouted out from the stands "I told you this morning you would win!" (in English).

The Polish girls playing Benesova/Safina didn't have a chance- they were really overmatched. I only saw a few points of Loit/Pratt from afar, and no surprise that they won. Osterloh and partner lost a tough first set but were all downhill from there. Kostanic really seemed to want the win.

On a nice note, Kremer and Nagyova signed autographs on stadium court after their losses.

As for Friday's schedule, these people are STUPID for putting the schedule like that... they are putting two women's matches and Monfils on at the same time- s-t-u-p-i-d.

Anyways, hope to have some more observations after the matches tomorrow.

tobi
May 12th, 2005, 10:00 PM
thanx :yeah: :)

chopen
May 12th, 2005, 10:07 PM
disappointed Jackson :mad:

thanks reporter again

Alvarillo
May 12th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Pous Tio is just a tough customer. I didn't catch much of the match until the third set, but she steps up and hits the ball deep with pace off of both sides, and for a Spaniard her serve is decent. Nagyova thought she could win, but she wasn't aggressive enough. She was happy to win, and some Czech woman shouted out from the stands "I told you this morning you would win!" (in English).

Laura :hearts: :worship:

rated_next
May 12th, 2005, 11:35 PM

Jakub
May 12th, 2005, 11:44 PM
thanks

HectorMagnus
May 13th, 2005, 06:07 AM
terrible day, terrible day to see Anne losing like that....:sobbing:

after first set, when Benesova lost *5:3 lead, Anne was mentally up, she broke at 0:0*, once again at 1:1* but failed to hold her serve, always from 40:00....:sobbing:
it was the unfortunate impuls for Benesova who suddenly caught her strokes, started to be more emphatic and from this moment nothing was good for Anne; at the end of match Anne was more and more tired and didn't move as good (she also had her right leg strapped, but her movement was ok, I hope othing serious).....:sobbing:

so sad loss, Benesova was beatable, actually she was like Sleeping Iveta nearly all of match.....:sobbing:

Anne indeed left the tournament but she also left incredible sweet and nice impression thanks to her behaviour, I think I'll write to Vatican that I've seen an :angel:

Safina - Pastikova match was very good performance but from the beginning was clear that Dinara was higher cathegory (but all respect to Michaela's fight); her strokes were always bigger danger, more accurate and her kill-stroke-instinct was always in game. Good performance from Dinara :yeah:

.....still :sobbing: for Anne

After Safina's match I left because I wanted to see our ice-hockey team so that's all I can add about terrible Thursday :sobbing:

gsm
May 13th, 2005, 06:10 AM
thank you!

CooCooCachoo
May 13th, 2005, 09:22 AM
terrible day, terrible day to see Anne losing like that....:sobbing:

after first set, when Benesova lost *5:3 lead, Anne was mentally up, she broke at 0:0*, once again at 1:1* but failed to hold her serve, always from 40:00....:sobbing:
it was the unfortunate impuls for Benesova who suddenly caught her strokes, started to be more emphatic and from this moment nothing was good for Anne; at the end of match Anne was more and more tired and didn't move as good (she also had her right leg strapped, but her movement was ok, I hope othing serious).....:sobbing:

so sad loss, Benesova was beatable, actually she was like Sleeping Iveta nearly all of match.....:sobbing:

Anne indeed left the tournament but she also left incredible sweet and nice impression thanks to her behaviour, I think I'll write to Vatican that I've seen an :angel:

Safina - Pastikova match was very good performance but from the beginning was clear that Dinara was higher cathegory (but all respect to Michaela's fight); her strokes were always bigger danger, more accurate and her kill-stroke-instinct was always in game. Good performance from Dinara :yeah:

.....still :sobbing: for Anne

After Safina's match I left because I wanted to see our ice-hockey team so that's all I can add about terrible Thursday :sobbing:

:hug: HM :hug:

Anne will not be around for many years longer, but at least you got the chance to see her :D She is wonderful :worship:

Thanks Jared and HM for the reports :D

Wiggly
May 13th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Sorry HM :sad:

Iveta is not playing well? :o