PDA

View Full Version : Isn't life weird?

Snuffkin
May 12th, 2005, 07:10 PM
To explain...

Yesterday, I went with my father to the cancer hospital for a check-up. He was diagnosed with throat cancer just before Christmas. Anyway, thankfully, they said that it's gone and he's gonna be ok. Weirdly though, after so much waiting, there wasn't the sense of elation and relief. I thought that would happen in time.

However, today, I just got made redundant. Apparently, the 'vision is changing' and I'm apparently not a part of it. After 4 years of turning round a run-of-the-mill talk show into the highest percentage share in the station and I'm out. I'm not even given a chance to be part of the 'new vision'.

What really annoys me is that I feel as if this has taken away my chance to celebrate my father's good health. Admittedly health is the most important thing, but I can't help but feel shitty.

Less than 24 hours and I've hit the highest high and the lowest low. Life, hey? Who'd do it?

tennislover
May 12th, 2005, 07:17 PM
yes it is.
anyway, health first of all.....
i'm so glad for your father.....
and a bit sorry for you..... :)

Kart
May 12th, 2005, 09:41 PM
It's all relative.

At least you're still able to think of the positives of the last few days - many people wouldn't.

On the balance of what you've mentioned I'm happy for you rather than sad - and I suspect you will be too in time.

Snuffkin
May 12th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks for that.

What I think is really annoying me is that I want to be happy because of my father and yet, this has stopped me because I've now got the worry about new job shit. And yet, after something dominated my life so enormously for 6 months, I can't heave a sigh of relief because I've got something else to worry about. I guess I feel cheated out of my elation.

Life goes on and losing my job is nothing compared to what has happened, but the timing of it, not that there is ever a good time, absolutely stinks.

Besides, I will admit that when we were discussing my notice period, I did say that I wanted to be finished for the 20th June. After all, I was off those 2 weeks anyway. Nothing was ever going to stop me doing Wimbledon. Priorities.

controlfreak
May 12th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Life is bad for your health.

JonBcn
May 12th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Gah. Life has a habit of giving you something good with one hand, and slapping your face with the other. I hate it when people trot out cliches to make you feel better, but *trots out a cliche to make you feel better* these things usually happen for a reason, so who knows what's round the corner? Make the most of some time off with your Dad and the rest will fall into place. :)

kiwifan
May 12th, 2005, 10:57 PM
However, today, I just got made redundant. Apparently, the 'vision is changing' and I'm apparently not a part of it. After 4 years of turning round a run-of-the-mill talk show into the highest percentage share in the station and I'm out. I'm not even given a chance to be part of the 'new vision'.

I was "made redundant" in the Entertainment Industry in the "post 9/11" belt tightening of my "huge Corp."...

...if temp opportunities are available to you, temp with a smile even if its back at your old job ;) - enjoy your free time since you're only young once :cool:.

I've since moved on to a better job in a better part of my "huge Corp." and I kinda miss the freedom of my temping days.

Sure its great to pay the rent and the bills...

...but you're only young once :cool:

:wavey:

Pamela Shriver
May 13th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Nothing was ever going to stop me doing Wimbledon. Priorities

........and PamWatch05! :D

*sending over all my Pamtastic love and wishes*

This is just the start of something giraffic for you Snuffers, don't you worry! :)
http://images.sportsline.com/images/cbs/sports/talent/pshriver.jpg

King Aaron
May 13th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Gah. Life has a habit of giving you something good with one hand, and slapping your face with the other. I hate it when people trot out cliches to make you feel better, but *trots out a cliche to make you feel better* these things usually happen for a reason, so who knows what's round the corner? Make the most of some time off with your Dad and the rest will fall into place. :)
Ditto. :)

:hug:

CooCooCachoo
May 13th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I am sorry for you :hug: But you will get over it :)

OUT!
May 13th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Life's a con.