PDA

View Full Version : Big tent folds as HBO cancels 'Carnivale'

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 05:56 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/reuters120.gif
Big tent folds as HBO cancels 'Carnivale'

By Andrew WallensteinWed May 11, 8:01 AM ET

HBO has pulled up stakes on "Carnivale," opting not to order a third season of the circus-set Dust Bowl drama.

Prospects for a "Carnivale" renewal have appeared bleak since the sophomore season wrapped in March; the show didn't increase its viewership, and series creator/executive producer Daniel Knauf already signed on to produce a series for the rival Showtime cable channel.

"We have decided not to renew 'Carnivale,"' said Carolyn Strauss, president of entertainment at HBO, in a statement. "We feel the two seasons we had on the air told the story very well and we are proud of what everyone associated with the show has accomplished."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 05:56 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain:

AjdeNate!
May 12th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Awwww, while I haven't watched it.... some of my friends will be bummed.

AjdeNate!
May 12th, 2005, 06:07 PM
I never got into this show, so...but Rockie, is Six feet coming back:confused:
1 last season.... June (I think).

decemberlove
May 12th, 2005, 06:45 PM
I never got into this show, so...but Rockie, is Six feet coming back:confused:

june 5th... it's going to be on mondays instead of sundays... which i think is a sin. im not sure why but i heard a rumor that they dont want to compete with desperate housewives... im having a hard time swallowing that cos i always thought hbo did their own thing.

the six feet under fans aren't exactly DH fans. i dont get it.

and carnivale :sad:

i really got into it this season. i wish they would've just wrapped up the story instead of leaving us on the edge of our seats and then never coming back.

i hope unscripted gets picked up again.

glad entourage is coming back.

decemberlove
May 12th, 2005, 07:53 PM
thanx:kiss: Mondays-hmpf:( I know, I could give fuck all about Desperate Housewives (proud to say I've never seen one episode:D )...i so look forward to HBO Sunday night shows, after doing nothing all day on Sundays...I'm used to not having anything to watch these days on Sunday, so I guess I'll adjust:)

i've never seen an epi of DH, either. i wish the show would just go away... im tired of hearing about it.

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 07:57 PM
june 5th... it's going to be on mondays instead of sundays... which i think is a sin. im not sure why but i heard a rumor that they dont want to compete with desperate housewives... im having a hard time swallowing that cos i always thought hbo did their own thing.

the six feet under fans aren't exactly DH fans. i dont get it.

and carnivale :sad:

i really got into it this season. i wish they would've just wrapped up the story instead of leaving us on the edge of our seats and then never coming back.

i hope unscripted gets picked up again.

glad entourage is coming back.

I know that whole Monday thing pissed me off...it's like a slap in the face. :( :(

I'm so sad about Carnivale it was da bomb last season......I hate that they won't get to finish the story but I guess it wasn't a bad place to stop and they can always do a movie! :D

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 07:58 PM
I raise my hand as someone who has never seen an episode of Desperate Housewives. :wavey:

HBO has my Sundays all the way.

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 07:59 PM
thanx:kiss: Mondays-hmpf:( I know, I could give fuck all about Desperate Housewives (proud to say I've never seen one episode:D )...i so look forward to HBO Sunday night shows, after doing nothing all day on Sundays...I'm used to not having anything to watch these days on Sunday, so I guess I'll adjust:)

You mean you're not watching DEADWOOD? It's so good! :)

decemberlove
May 12th, 2005, 08:02 PM
I know that whole Monday thing pissed me off...it's like a slap in the face. :( :(

I'm so sad about Carnivale it was da bomb last season......I hate that they won't get to finish the story but I guess it wasn't a bad place to stop and they can always do a movie! :D

rockie, do you know why they moved it to monday? i know you post on the hbo boards so you've prolly heard more than i have.

ive been watching hbo sundays for YEARS. i cant imagine watching an hbo monday now.

i hope they make a movie of it and finish it up. im not going to get my hopes up thou.

i tried so hard to get into deadwood, but i just cant. i want to. i have a lot of trouble understanding their accents. :lol: i need subtitles :)

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 08:05 PM
rockie, do you know why they moved it to monday? i know you post on the hbo boards so you've prolly heard more than i have.

ive been watching hbo sundays for YEARS. i cant imagine watching an hbo monday now.

i hope they make a movie of it and finish it up. im not going to get my hopes up thou.

i tried so hard to get into deadwood, but i just cant. i want to. i have a lot of trouble understanding their accents. :lol: i need subtitles :)

I heard what you heard about not wanting to compete with Desperate Housewives but that's :bs: because they are going to debut a new show at that time I do believe....and besides DH will be in repeats.

DEADWOOD is sooooooo good. However, I do understand about not being able to understand what they are saying.....that is why I always watch it with the close caption on. :yeah:

decemberlove
May 12th, 2005, 08:15 PM
I heard what you heard about not wanting to compete with Desperate Housewives but that's :bs: because they are going to debut a new show at that time I do believe....and besides DH will be in repeats.

DEADWOOD is sooooooo good. However, I do understand about not being able to understand what they are saying.....that is why I always watch it with the close caption on. :yeah:

i saw the guy who plays the sheriff [i think hes so hot :o ]and the writer on Dinner for Five on IFC... and it made me really want to get into deadwood. but i missed a large portion of the first season... so going into this one i was totally lost. then i missed an epi and had no idea what was going on. they are all still on my tivo, so maybe one day ill catch up.

i cant wait until the wire comes back on. did you even finish watching the last season? i remember you saying you missed the last few epis.

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 08:16 PM
no- I just didn't catch it from the first episode as I was trying (and have been somewhat successful) at cutting out too much TV, and spending my time in a more creative way:) What is it about:o What season? Would I be able to start up and know what is going on.

And about DH- it just cements why I like you and Love so much:)

hmmm, can you figure out what's going on by just watching an episode?.....in one word.....NO. :lol: It's kind of like The Wire in that way, very intricate. However, I think if you catch it from the first episode of the season then yes I think you can keep up..

I'm sure HBO onDemand is going to have all the back episodes.....I would definitely give it a try. I find it to be very humorous! :D

and the feeling's mutual....:hug:

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 08:18 PM
i saw the guy who plays the sheriff [i think hes so hot :o ]and the writer on Dinner for Five on IFC... and it made me really want to get into deadwood. but i missed a large portion of the first season... so going into this one i was totally lost. then i missed an epi and had no idea what was going on. they are all still on my tivo, so maybe one day ill catch up.

i cant wait until the wire comes back on. did you even finish watching the last season? i remember you saying you missed the last few epis.

No I haven't caught up on The Wire yet....they haven't put the epis back on onDemand....or at least the last time I checked they weren't there. :o

However I will definitely catch up as soon as I can or before the next season starts. :D

decemberlove
May 12th, 2005, 08:22 PM
No I haven't caught up on The Wire yet....they haven't put the epis back on onDemand....or at least the last time I checked they weren't there. :o

However I will definitely catch up as soon as I can or before the next season starts. :D

girlie you need to watch. im glad i asked you cos i almost spoiled the ending for you!

the wire is coming back for another season, right?

i havent heard anything about it i dont think.

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 08:24 PM
girlie you need to watch. im glad i asked you cos i almost spoiled the ending for you!

the wire is coming back for another season, right?

i havent heard anything about it i dont think.

I assume it's coming back because I haven't heard any talk one way or the other...I'm sure if it was on the verge I would've heard pleas to send emails and the such about it...

Thanks for not spoiling me. :bigwave:

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 08:29 PM
hmm I think there are two seasons left to come out on OZ...5 & 6...:confused:

decemberlove
May 12th, 2005, 08:40 PM
I got into the wire last season because my other honey also likes it;) , so I def. have to get the other seasons. I kept annoying him asking who is this and that etc:lol: And I always remember you because you think Idris is HOT- i did tell you I saw him in Central Park at one of the concerts a few years right- HOT is the word:hearts:

Rockie- I don't know- maybe I'll give deadwood a chance...still waiting for the last season of OZ to come out on DVD, so my hubby can see it.

idris is GORGEOUS. during the first season, i didnt know he was from england. the first time i heard him speak i almost died from a heart attack. i dont think ive ever heard anything so sexy in my life.

i would like to see him in some edgy indie films.

i know he DJs on the side... some clubs in DC, i think. hope he breaks into bigger roles thou. he's very talented. pulls off the balitmore accent better than dominic west, the guy who plays mcnulty...

Cersei
May 12th, 2005, 09:28 PM
nooooooo :sad: :fiery:
it can't end like that :bigcry:

Rocketta
May 12th, 2005, 10:23 PM

I know right. :fiery:

Steam
May 13th, 2005, 01:42 AM
They also have a sitcom from Louis C.K. in the works.

I'm looking forward to that one since it includes comic god Jim Norton in the cast.

decemberlove
May 13th, 2005, 03:23 AM
They also have a sitcom from Louis C.K. in the works.

I'm looking forward to that one since it includes comic god Jim Norton in the cast.

you have hbo now?

Hawk
May 13th, 2005, 03:52 AM

oh are they ending it on a cliff hanger?

There's nothing worst than that..well actually I'm a sci fi fan and the Enterprise finale is a complete kick in the face to the point where fans were trying to see if there was a way to stop the network from even airing the episode :o

So..that's worst, but cliff hanger is right there with it :p

I just recently got the chance to watch Carnivale a couple of times..it seemed interesting but now that I know it's cancelled I'll avoid getting into it, cause then I'll just want new episodes lol.

Steam
May 13th, 2005, 03:56 AM
you have hbo now?

Nope, I'm still without. There are a number of things that they are going to be showing in the near future that I want to see though so I will probably have to cough up the money for the upgrade. If push came to shove though I can have a friend of mine tape stuff for me, well if she can figure out how to use her VCR.

I still need to catch up on the Sopranos too. Would have gotten the DVDs like I did with Curb but HBO DVDs are so damn expensive.

brickhousesupporter
May 13th, 2005, 11:18 AM
That is BS what the hell is going on. The seanson finale left so many unanswered questions. What is going to happen to sofie? Is Justin going to live again? Everything that Ben did was it for nothing? They at least neead one more episode to wrap things up, what a sucky way to end a show.