PDA

View Full Version : Dreams! Most Interesting & What do you think it means?

roarke
May 12th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Dreamnt I planted a finger of ripe banana at the side of my house. Later I went to dig it up and I found it along with an entire bunch of ripe bananas. It had multiplied.

No idea what it means. A friend of mine says it means I should expect a windfall......lol. I am still waiting!

SelesFan70
May 12th, 2005, 05:11 PM
I dreamt I was at my old job and I had to step on a cockroach, but it kept getting bigger and bigger until it ran us all out of the building. :scared:

James
May 12th, 2005, 05:19 PM
To see bananas in your dream, may be a metaphor for repressed sexual urges and desires. To dream that you are harvesting crops, denotes that you still have some way to go before fully developing your career and goals. To dream that you are digging, signifies that you are working too hard in trying to uncover the truth in a problem that is haunting you. You may also be preoccupied with trying to find out about yourself , your reputation, and your self-identity.

James
May 12th, 2005, 05:21 PM
I dreamt I was at my old job and I had to step on a cockroach, but it kept getting bigger and bigger until it ran us all out of the building. :scared:

To see a cockroach in your dream, signifies your need for renewal, rejuvenation and self-cleansing of your psychological, emotional, or spiritual being. You need to reevaluate major aspects of your life.

cynicole
May 12th, 2005, 05:25 PM
I was in a weird, boxy avante-garde house full of colorful, blocky furniture and continually had to run and hide from some indistinct madman who was running around with a knife.

Finally I just got tired of running and hiding and told the guy to just stab me.

I think it meant that I had watched Meshes of the Afternoon far too many times at school. :p

alexusjonesfan
May 12th, 2005, 05:31 PM
tally me banana

James
May 12th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I was in a weird, boxy avante-garde house full of colorful, blocky furniture and continually had to run and hide from some indistinct madman who was running around with a knife.

Finally I just got tired of running and hiding and told the guy to just stab me.

I think it meant that I had watched Meshes of the Afternoon far too many times at school. :p

To dream that you are running away from someone, indicates an issue that you are trying to avoid. You are not taking or accepting responsibility for your actions. In particular, if you are running from an attacker or any danger, then it suggests that you are not facing and confronting your fears. To dream that you are being attacked by someone, signifies questions on your character and the need for you to defend yourself. You are feeling stressed, vulnerable and helpless. You may also be faced with difficult changed in your waking life.

moby
May 12th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I dreamt that I was trying to get on a purple bus with my friends., but the bus started moving even though I only had one foot on it. I eventually managed to get onto the bus. As the bus went along its merry way, it started turning beige and it became shorter and shorter until it became a minivan. I noticed that all the people around me were wearing sunglasses, and after sometime, I discerned from their conversation that I was actually kidnapped.

Then I woke up. I think I had the dream because my friend told me he wanted to kidnap me.

cynicole
May 12th, 2005, 05:44 PM
In particular, if you are running from an attacker or any danger, then it suggests that you are not facing and confronting your fears. To dream that you are being attacked by someone, signifies questions on your character and the need for you to defend yourself. You are feeling stressed, vulnerable and helpless. You may also be faced with difficult changed in your waking life.

I still think it has to do with having to watch Meshes at least nine times at school. :o

What you described very well could've been me when I was in senior year of high school...but I had this dream like five years after that.

James
May 12th, 2005, 05:57 PM
I still think it has to do with having to watch Meshes at least nine times at school. :o

What you described very well could've been me when I was in senior year of high school...but I had this dream like five years after that.

Well, dream interpretation can go different ways and only you can tell how it applies to you. If you really want it to work for you, you've got to be able to seriously confront what you find.

James
May 12th, 2005, 06:00 PM
I dreamt that I was trying to get on a purple bus with my friends., but the bus started moving even though I only had one foot on it. I eventually managed to get onto the bus. As the bus went along its merry way, it started turning beige and it became shorter and shorter until it became a minivan. I noticed that all the people around me were wearing sunglasses, and after sometime, I discerned from their conversation that I was actually kidnapped.

Then I woke up. I think I had the dream because my friend told me he wanted to kidnap me.

To dream that you are being kidnapped, denotes feelings of being trapped and restricted. Someone or some situation may be diverting your concentration and your attention away from your goals. To dream that you are riding a bus, implies that you are going along with the crowd. You are lacking originality and are taking no control over where your life is taking.

moby
May 12th, 2005, 06:04 PM
To dream that you are being kidnapped, denotes feelings of being trapped and restricted. Someone or some situation may be diverting your concentration and your attention away from your goals. To dream that you are riding a bus, implies that you are going along with the crowd. You are lacking originality and are taking no control over where your life is taking.

Well, yes, that may have been true at the time of this dream (about 4 years ago), but I didn't realise it then. What about the bus changing shape and colour? :shrug:

James
May 12th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Well, yes, that may have been true at the time of this dream (about 4 years ago), but I didn't realise it then. What about the bus changing shape and colour? :shrug:

Colors in dreams represent energy, emotions, and vibes. First consider what that single color in your dream means to you and your own personal associations and relationship with that color. Beige represents the basics, the essentials and the barest form. It may also indicate your neutral or unbiased position. Purple is indicative of devotion, healing abilities, loving, kindness, and compassion. It is also the color of royalty, high rank, and dignity. To dream that someone or something is smaller than usual, represents feelings of insignificance, helplessness and unworthiness.To see a metamorphosis take place in your dream, denotes sudden and rapid changes in your personal life. If the metamorphosis is a smooth one, then it indicates necessary changes for you to adapt to a new situation.

roarke
May 12th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Here is another one:

I dreamnt there was this girl living with this old man. If you saw the guy you would tink he was just an innocent old man who required some assistance. Apaprently he was a monster but she didn't know until he tricked her, and no one else did either. Anyway she tried to get away but in order for her to do so he needed a replacement I met the girl and the old man and he offered to show me some lobsters he had caught. I felt sorry for him so I decided to look at the lobsters because I felt he needed somebody to talk to. Unfortunately that was a trick and I got caught but some how I found a way to free myself using something which has the consitency of jello and green ink (Ithink it was ink). I realised also that there were more people caught in this guy's web so I tried to get the green stuff to all of them to free them. Incidentally the lobsters I saw were in a plastic bag but they were all broken.

James
May 12th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Here is another one:

I dreamnt there was this girl living with this old man. If you saw the guy you would tink he was just an innocent old man who required some assistance. Apaprently he was a monster but she didn't know until he tricked her, and no one else did either. Anyway she tried to get away but in order for her to do so he needed a replacement I met the girl and the old man and he offered to show me some lobsters he had caught. I felt sorry for him so I decided to look at the lobsters because I felt he needed somebody to talk to. Unfortunately that was a trick and I got caught but some how I found a way to free myself using something which has the consitency of jello and green ink (Ithink it was ink). I realised also that there were more people caught in this guy's web so I tried to get the green stuff to all of them to free them. Incidentally the lobsters I saw were in a plastic bag but they were all broken.

To see a lobster in your dream, represents strength and persistence. You will hold your own ground and overcome minor difficulties and problems. To see an old man in your dream, represents wisdom or forgiveness. To see a girl in your dream, represents your playful, innocent, and childlike nature. Perhaps you have been behaving prematurely. To dream that you are caught in a trap, denotes that you feel confined and restricted in a job, career, health, or a personal relationship. It may also mean that you will be outwitted by your rivals. To see a trickster in your dream, signifies deceit or a cruel and cynical side of your own character. To dream that you break something, indicates that changes are ahead for you. You want to change the direction that your life is headed. Alternatively, it suggests that you need to take things slower.

moby
May 13th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Our dream interpreter here is an expert. Your analysis makes sense. :)

Huntress555
May 13th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Oh my god i've had soo many dreams its not funny. I have one like every night lol

Spunky83
May 13th, 2005, 12:01 PM
I hate waking up out of a wonderful and nice dream...realising, damn I have to live my normal boring life again. It was just two nights ago with the perfect dream, I couldnīt believe how happy and satisfied I was in that dream, everything seemed to be soo perfect and to be honest I couldnīt remember the last time being that happy.
Dreams are sooo fascinating, but I hate them.

On the other hand I am fascinated by those nightmares which are even better than horror movies, where you actually know that it is a dream and you can watch it like you were in a cinema;)

controlfreak
May 13th, 2005, 04:33 PM
What about a dream where you are on a school trip in the woods, and you go into a log cabin and there is a porcelain toilet which you sit on to do your business, and then some cowboys come in? I don't want to say more...

roarke
May 13th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Here is another one for you James....

Seems I was fishing in a pond in my back yard. Everytime I caught a fish somebody was able to identify the fish as once being a person they knew. All the fish I caught were dead. They all looked like snappers but the last one I couldn't identify. That last one had something in the pond (monster perhaps) chasing after me when I caught it.

James
May 13th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Here is another one for you James....

Seems I was fishing in a pond in my back yard. Everytime I caught a fish somebody was able to identify the fish as once being a person they knew. All the fish I caught were dead. They all looked like snappers but the last one I couldn't identify. That last one had something in the pond (monster perhaps) chasing after me when I caught it.

To see fish swimming in your dream, signifies insights from your unconscious mind. Thus to catch a fish, represents insights which have been brought to the surface. The fish is also an ancient symbol of Christianity and Christian beliefs. Consider also the common phrases "like a cold fish", "fish out of water" or something that is "fishy" about a situation. It may also imply a slippery or elusive situation. To see a fishpond in your dream, represents unconscious material that is slowly revealing itself. Alternatively, it symbolizes feelings that you need to contain and keep in check. To see a dead fish, signifies disappointment and loss of power/wealth. To dream that you are being chased, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity. In particular, to dream that you are chased by an animal, represents your own unexpressed and unacknowledged anger which is being projected onto that animal. Alternatively, you may be running away from a primal urge or fear.

James
May 13th, 2005, 05:01 PM
What about a dream where you are on a school trip in the woods, and you go into a log cabin and there is a porcelain toilet which you sit on to do your business, and then some cowboys come in? I don't want to say more...

To dream that you are in or see a cabin in your dream, indicates that you succeed via your own means. It suggests that you are self-reliant and independent, yet still remain humble. You prefer the simpler things in life. To see a toilet in your dream, symbolizes a release of emotions or getting rid of something in your life that is useless. To see or dream that you are a cowboy, symbolizes masculinity, ruggedness, and toughness. You are in control of your animalistic and instinctual side.

controlfreak
May 13th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Wow, I like that interpretation; unfortunately I had the dream about 15 years ago.

Darop.
May 14th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Hey James explain this one:

My sister once dreamt that a chicken breast was getting married, and everyone was saying "Oh my god look at her, she's so beautiful!"

I know it's crazy, but that's what she dreampt :p

James
May 14th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Hey James explain this one:

My sister once dreamt that a chicken breast was getting married, and everyone was saying "Oh my god look at her, she's so beautiful!"

I know it's crazy, but that's what she dreampt :p

To see chickens in your dream, symbolizes cowardliness and a lack of willpower. Chickens also represents excessive chatter and gossip. To see a wedding in your dream, symbolizes a new beginning or transition in your current life. Dreams involving weddings are generally negative and highlight some anxiety or fear. It often refers to feelings of bitterness, sorrow, or death. Alternatively, wedding dreams reflect your issues about commitment and independence.