PDA

View Full Version : Justine Henin-Hardenne Signs Up

JoeB_UK
May 12th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Belgian tennis sensation and three time grand slam winner, Justine Henin-Hardenne, has announced that she will be competing for the first time in this year’s Hastings Direct International Championships.

The former world number one, who will arrive at Devonshire Park as one of the favourites to take the title from last year’s winner Svetlana Kuznetsova, will use the week as ideal preparation for this year’s Wimbledon Championships.

“I am very excited to be playing in Eastbourne this year“, said Justine. “I have heard a lot of good things about the tournament from the other players and so decided to change my preparations for this year’s Wimbledon. I have been told that the town is very pretty, that the people are really friendly and that the tournament has a relaxing atmosphere. I am really looking forward to it.”

Justine, who won last week’s Berlin Open, will be making her first appearance at the Hastings Direct International Championships since joining the tour in 1999. It speaks volumes about how important Eastbourne has become to the world’s top female players as a warm-up to Wimbledon.

Joint Championships Director John Feaver said: “We are delighted that another world class player like Justine has signed up to play at this summer’s Hastings Direct International Championships. For one week in June, Devonshire Park will host some of the world’s leading tennis players and we expect another fantastic week of tennis. Having grand slam winners in action will only help to excite the crowds even more and is a fitting way to celebrate 30 years of the Championships.”

Tickets continue to sell quickly as fans snap up the chance to see some of the finest tennis players in the world, at the 30th Hastings Direct International Championships from 13-19 June. To avoid disappointment call the ticket information line on 01323 412 000.

The following players have announced that they will enter for this year's Hastings Direct International Championships.

Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) more »

Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) more »

...plus Martina Hingis (SUI) (Legends Match) more »

A full draw will be published here as details become available.

Now we need the damn entry list! :confused:

Justeenium
May 12th, 2005, 01:31 PM
sweet!

fleemke³
May 12th, 2005, 02:34 PM
A trophee missing on her list :cool:

JoeB_UK
May 14th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Ok i have heard that the following players have committed:
maleeva
hantuchova