PDA

View Full Version : Flea problems

BigB08822
May 12th, 2005, 04:58 AM
As seems to happen every year at this time, I have another flea problem with my cat. I just moved to a new apartment and REALLY want to get it taken care of before my apartment is infested. I might be too late!

Is there a way to get Frontline or Advantage without taking my cat to the vet? She is an indoor only cat and I really don't want to take her to the vet just to get that stuff. It is expensive enough without also paying a vet visit.

Any recommendations on which is best? All I know is the Hartz stuff sold a Walmart and all stores does NOT work. This is after many tries.

I am constantly vacuuming my carpet and dusting with this stuff I got at Walmart. Also giving her a bath every 2 weeks (the bottle says use only every 2 weeks) but to no avail. When we moved in I took every measure to make sure I didn't bring any fleas in and for the first 3 weeks I didn't see a flea on her. I have no idea where they all came from but one little sucker must have survived and boy did it reproduce.

Pamela Shriver
May 12th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Giraffes get flea problems. It's a pain in the neck...

CondiLicious
May 12th, 2005, 12:33 PM
We got Frontline from the vet without taking our cats there. But that was in the UK.

Andy T
May 12th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Fleas on your pussy - poor thing!

AjdeNate!
May 12th, 2005, 01:11 PM
www.petmeds.com (http://www.petmeds.com) :cool:

SelesFan70
May 12th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Well, the ultimate option is to get rid of your cat...otherwise you will have to wash him/her alot and put some flea powder down in your carpet and vacuum like a million times and get some of those flea fogger can things that literally smoke up a room with flea killer. They are pesky creatures...good luck!

kabuki
May 12th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Well, the ultimate option is to get rid of your cat...

Well, that was helpful.

SelesFan70
May 12th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Well, that was helpful.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic... :angel: Was just giving "the ultimate option". I had this same problem and considered giving up my kitty cat, but couldn't do it. She was mine (or was I her's? :lol: ). Yeah, she pretty much owned the house, I admit it. :o

kabuki
May 12th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic... :angel: Was just giving "the ultimate option". I had this same problem and considered giving up my kitty cat, but couldn't do it. She was mine (or was I her's? :lol: ). Yeah, she pretty much owned the house, I admit it. :o

Do cat's get fleas more easily? Because I have had dogs all my life and have never even seen a flea on any of them.

CondiLicious
May 12th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Do cat's get fleas more easily? Because I have had dogs all my life and have never even seen a flea on any of them.

Outdoor cats do. They wander around more... get near flea-infested wild animals (when they're attacking them) so that's usually how they catch them. But indoor cats get them too cause humans can bring them in unaware!