PDA

View Full Version : I hate the dentist. they took my teeth out.

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 07:01 PM
so i went to the dentist this morning for a cleaning and they decided to pull teeth instead.

so there i was chillin' next thing you know the dentist said a whole bunch of shit to his assistant like (18 needs an ODB) and he comes at me with a needle and tells me i will have four of my teeth removed!!!

FOUR!!!

he said it was they were just wisdom teeth, but hell teeth are teeth. so the drugged me, he had to poke me with his little needle ten times ...at least... before i could really not feel anything, and it took a while to get one tooth out. the other one came out much easier. and he said the other two would be removed another day.

so here i am, im post removal pain not wanting to go to class. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Dave B
May 11th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Yikes! They put me under when they took out mine (thank god). I also filled my vicatin presecription and saved it for recreational purposes--always a silver lining.

Despite the good experience, I have been having the dreams recently where my teeth fall out. Its very Tommyknockers.

decemberlove
May 11th, 2005, 07:08 PM
ouch. what kind of dentist just pulls out teeth without a warning?
usually they give you a future appointment or something, no?

i haven't been to a dentist since i was 13, so what the hell do i know?

CooCooCachoo
May 11th, 2005, 07:11 PM
That sucks :hug:

The anaesthetics are the worst I think. They made me cry (i.e. made tears come out of my eyes) just cause of the pain they caused. I wasn't even feeling emotional or wasn't about to cry; it just happened :eek:

Nicjac
May 11th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I had surgery - a lot of drugs - to pull out my three wisdom teeth (one I never had, keeps me wondering ;) ).

But donít worry - if they pull them out now you won't need braces and more as wisdom teeth tend to push all your teeth together and do not leave room for the other 32 important teeth.

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 07:14 PM
ouch. what kind of dentist just pulls out teeth without a warning?
usually they give you a future appointment or something, no?

dont get me wrong he was a nice guy. but he wanted to pull my teeth out right then and there. :( so i had no day to prepare or nothing. :(

decemberlove
May 11th, 2005, 07:16 PM
dont get me wrong he was a nice guy. but he wanted to pull my teeth out right then and there. :( so i had no day to prepare or nothing. :(

that's weird that they didn't put you under another day and just pull out all four at once. i heard it's easier that way.

i wish i could go to a dentist, but i don't have any health insurance and it's way too expensive without it.

did he give you painkillers?

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 07:23 PM
yeah i got 600mg moltrin. :( i wanted so controlled substance. :(

Infiniti2001
May 11th, 2005, 07:24 PM

Honey, please make an appointment to have at least a cleaning. Plaque and tartar buildup can cause so much harm in the future.
Meanwhile you should sue your dentist jigglypuff. He put you on the spot with these extractions :fiery:

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 07:24 PM
That sucks :hug:

The anaesthetics are the worst I think. They made me cry (i.e. made tears come out of my eyes) just cause of the pain they caused. I wasn't even feeling emotional or wasn't about to cry; it just happened :eek:
yeah they made me feel like throwing up. :(

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Honey, please make an appointment to have at least a cleaning. Plaque and tartar buildup can cause so much harm in the future.
Meanwhile you should sue your dentist jigglypuff. He put you on the spot with these extractions :fiery:

wow, i had no idea i thought thats how they did it. i saw the teeth afterward and they looked like did need to be pulled, but yeah i would of liked a days notice.

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 07:29 PM
by the way for people that have had wisedom teeth pulled when does the bleeding stop? i got this done around 11amish. its like 4 hours later and its still bleeding?

SelesFan70
May 11th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Every dentist I've ever had has wanted to pull my wisdom teeth. I've refused because why would they be there I didn't need them? I am always told I have a good set of choppers, so I don't get the point of having them pulled. :confused:

Josh B.
May 11th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I loved it when the dentist pulled my teeth out! :devil: :toothy:

decemberlove
May 11th, 2005, 07:57 PM
yeah i got 600mg moltrin. :( i wanted so controlled substance. :(

i hate when they give crap drugs.

when i was in my car accident, they tried to give me level 3 motrin/tylenol something like that. and my mom marched in there and demanded they gave me something better. so i got codeine, instead :)

decemberlove
May 11th, 2005, 08:00 PM

i know... but even a cleaning is really expensive, and i need oral surgery cos i have an extra tooth... like a vampire tooth breaking through. so itll cost like $3000. i floss every day, brush my teeth three times a day, and use mouthwash everytime i brush my teeth. even use those tongue scrapers. i do what i can.

its worse enough i ahve to pay $250 for the gyno everytime i go cos i have a large cyst that they are worried about. i cant afford the dentist right now, and neither can my family.

i need to find a job with some good coverage. :sad:

_LuCaS_
May 11th, 2005, 08:14 PM
by the way for people that have had wisedom teeth pulled when does the bleeding stop? i got this done around 11amish. its like 4 hours later and its still bleeding?

The first 6-8 hours after the extraction are typically the worst, but are manageable with ice packs and non-prescription pain medication

Every dentist I've ever had has wanted to pull my wisdom teeth. I've refused because why would they be there I didn't need them? I am always told I have a good set of choppers, so I don't get the point of having them pulled. :confused:
Keeping or removing your wisdom tooth is problematic
Some Pro's of Removing a Wisdom Tooth:
Wisdom teeth may be hard to access with your toothbrush or floss. Over time, the accumulation of bacteria, sugars and acids may cause a cavity to form in the tooth. If it is not restored with a filling, the cavity may spread and destroy more tooth structure causing severe consequences to the tooth and surrounding supportive structures.

Due to the difficulty of keeping these teeth clean with your daily home care (brushing and flossing), bacteria and food debris remaining on the wisdom teeth may present a foul smell-causing bad breath.

A wisdom tooth that is still under the gums in a horizontal position (rather than a vertical position) may exert pressure to the surrounding teeth, causing crowding and crooked teeth. This also may occur if there is not enough space in the mouth for the wisdom tooth. This may warrant braces to repair the damage.

A wisdom tooth that is still under the gums may become irritated. The gum tissue that lays over the tooth may harbor food debris and bacteria that gets trapped under the gum, resulting in an infection in the gums.

Some Con's of Removing the Wisdom Teeth:
Depending on the size shape and position of the tooth, removal can vary from a simple extraction to a more complex extraction. With a simple extraction, there is usually little swelling, bruising and/or bleeding. More complex extraction will require special treatment which may result in more bruising, swelling and bleeding. However, your dental professional will provide you with post treatment instructions to minimize these side effects.
Following an extraction, a condition called "dry socket" may occur. If the blood clot that formed in the extraction area becomes dislodged, it exposes the underlying bone. This condition is very painful, but resolves after a few days. It is preventable by following the post treatment instructions provided by your dental professional.
The longer you wait and the older you get, there is the potential for more problems to occur. This is because as you get older, the bone surrounding the tooth becomes more dense, making the tooth more difficult to remove. The healing process may also be slower.

Take care :wavey:

Keith
May 11th, 2005, 08:25 PM
that's weird that they didn't put you under another day and just pull out all four at once. i heard it's easier that way.

i wish i could go to a dentist, but i don't have any health insurance and it's way too expensive without it.

did he give you painkillers?

If you live near a University or a dental school (which you should find at any community college) they clean your teeth for like $15 and I guess they give a checkup, too (I think). Either way, from a real dentist a cleaning and checkup runs about $50-$70. I don't know your financial situation, but you should check into it. Cavities are a different story but again, at a dental school you could save a bundle of money.

Keith
May 11th, 2005, 08:29 PM
By the way, even the most studious brusher will still get cavities. The pits and fissures that form and meet on the top of our molars sometime don't close entirely (I'm talking mega millimeters here) and a cavity starts forming inside that little area. nowadays, dentist place a sealant over children's teeth (once they have completely erupted) so the risk of cavities goes down drastically.

Infiniti2001
May 11th, 2005, 08:30 PM
If you live near a University or a dental school (which you should find at any community college) they clean your teeth for like $15 and I guess they give a checkup, too (I think). Either way, from a real dentist a cleaning and checkup runs about $50-$70. I don't know your financial situation, but you should check into it. Cavities are a different story but again, at a dental school you could save a bundle of money.

It's free here in Florida-- when I'm due for a 65 buck cleaning at my regular dentist and I am dead broke , I go to the local college in my area. They do a damn good job too, because the students are supervised by real dentists- and you get free stuff :lol:

decemberlove
May 11th, 2005, 08:42 PM

i live near lots of universities, so i'll look into it, thank you :kiss:

decemberlove
May 11th, 2005, 08:44 PM
By the way, even the most studious brusher will still get cavities. The pits and fissures that form and meet on the top of our molars sometime don't close entirely (I'm talking mega millimeters here) and a cavity starts forming inside that little area. nowadays, dentist place a sealant over children's teeth (once they have completely erupted) so the risk of cavities goes down drastically.

yeah, i had that sealant over my teeth in second grade and then i got it put on again in 7th grade. i know it's all gone by now, thou.

cavities don't really scare me. it's my lil freak vampire tooth that will require some expensive surgery that scares me.

decemberlove
May 11th, 2005, 08:44 PM
It's free here in Florida-- when I'm due for a 65 buck cleaning at my regular dentist and I am dead broke , I go to the local college in my area. They do a damn good job too, because the students are supervised by real dentists- and you get free stuff :lol:

nothing is free in NJ. :p

CondiLicious
May 11th, 2005, 09:00 PM
My wisdom teeth grew quite normally and I didn't have to have them removed. They didn't even hurt that much.

I have porcelain veneers on 6 of my teeth but I've had them for 10 years now and I think they need replacing...

!<blocparty>!
May 11th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I am going to uni for densistry, I'm going to be a nice dentist though :angel: A white teeth, good breath only surgery ;)

Zoltan83
May 11th, 2005, 09:34 PM
yeah, i had that sealant over my teeth in second grade and then i got it put on again in 7th grade. i know it's all gone by now, thou.

cavities don't really scare me. it's my lil freak vampire tooth that will require some expensive surgery that scares me.
Who said vampire? http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/teufel/12.gif
I usually go to the dentist once by year and I don't have any problems :)
http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/sourire/vignette2/thumbnails/zahn_gif.gif

CondiLicious
May 11th, 2005, 10:45 PM
I am going to uni for densistry, I'm going to be a nice dentist though :angel: A white teeth, good breath only surgery ;)

Hopefully you'll have figured out how to spell dentistry by the time you graduate uni :tape:

controlfreak
May 12th, 2005, 12:39 AM
It was bad enough losing my foreskin, I don't think I want any other parts of me removing even if the dentist says they have to go.

controlfreak
May 12th, 2005, 12:40 AM
PS: to clear that up, I did not have my foreskin removed at the dentist's.

CC
May 12th, 2005, 01:13 AM
I still have my wisdom teeth. Yaay!

I haven't been to the dents in a while though ...

Marcus1979
May 12th, 2005, 01:16 AM
I once had 2 teeth pulled out by the dentist at school.

They used tweezers on me :lol:

BigB08822
May 12th, 2005, 01:36 AM
That sounds very odd to me that the dentist would just remove them so suddenly. Usually this is something that is discussed. What if you could not afford it and needed to wait? Apparently the dentist had no other appointments soon. I would be very mad and demand him stop and discuss with me everything and go home and think about it.

Luckily I was born with no wisdom teeth. I think I'm evolving! :)

Wigglytuff
May 12th, 2005, 04:52 AM
PS: to clear that up, I did not have my foreskin removed at the dentist's.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

!<blocparty>!
May 12th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Hopefully you'll have figured out how to spell dentistry by the time you graduate uni :tape:

:lol: :o

Hayley, I think you should, shut it :fiery: :angel:

We all know I type too fast :P

"Sluggy"
May 12th, 2005, 10:37 AM
sorry JP, i also hate going to the dentist and my wife too. her front tooth fell out soon after she gave birth - she fell as a child so it was already a dead tooth. When i had my wisdom teeth pulled they were impacted - requring much pulling and tugging. Plus i had only local anesthesia so i felt everythign. it really sucked.

tennislover
May 12th, 2005, 11:09 AM
http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/sourire/vignette2/thumbnails/zahn_gif.gif

what a nice smile, Zoltan 83! :haha:

tennislover
May 12th, 2005, 11:11 AM
guys, a good dentist is like an angel come from the heaven.... :angel:

CondiLicious
May 12th, 2005, 11:31 AM
:lol: :o

Hayley, I think you should, shut it :fiery: :angel:

We all know I type too fast :P

What you gonna do if I don't shut it? :angel:

!<blocparty>!
May 12th, 2005, 03:01 PM
What you gonna do if I don't shut it? :angel:

Pull all your teeth out and cut your tongue off.

CondiLicious
May 12th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Pull all your teeth out and cut your tongue off.

Will you charge much? I probably need a couple of teeth pulling.

!<blocparty>!
May 12th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Will you charge much? I probably need a couple of teeth pulling.

No, the satisfaction of not hearing you speak will be sufficient :hug: ;)

CondiLicious
May 12th, 2005, 03:14 PM
No, the satisfaction of not hearing you speak will be sufficient :hug: ;)

But you've never heard me speak! For all you know I could have the most amazing voice in the world!

!<blocparty>!
May 12th, 2005, 03:21 PM
But you've never heard me speak!

Oh havent I :hehehe:

For all you know I could have the most amazing voice in the world!

:tape: um, yeah :bolt:

Wigglytuff
May 12th, 2005, 03:25 PM
stop fighting!!!!

or i will put the both of you in the corner and make you think about what you are doing to this thread!!

CondiLicious
May 12th, 2005, 03:25 PM
:tape: um, yeah :bolt:

You've heard me sing then? :tape: :lol:

CondiLicious
May 12th, 2005, 03:26 PM
stop fighting!!!!

or i will put the both of you in the corner and make you think about what you are doing to this thread!!

How's the pain today? :) :angel:

!<blocparty>!
May 12th, 2005, 03:28 PM
You've heard me sing then? :tape: :lol:

*remembers*

*shuts eyes and frowns*

*shudders*

stop fighting!!!! or i will put the both of you in the corner and make you think about what you are doing to this thread!!

:awww: OK. :(

Wigglytuff
May 12th, 2005, 03:39 PM
How's the pain today? :) :angel:

its so much better, the motrin :fiery: seems to be working even though its not a controlled substance, but i am still bleeding... :sad: :eek: :scared: :hysteric: :crying2: :awww: :awww:

CondiLicious
May 12th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Well, it's good you can manage on regular painkillers. A friend of mine is on pethadine for some pain she's been getting lately and she's a loopy mess :lol: And my girlfriend had her wisdom teeth removed a couple of years ago and they bled for like a week. She kept spitting blood out on the floor when we were out, which wasn't very nice.

Wigglytuff
May 12th, 2005, 05:00 PM
ekkkkkk!! a week!

tennislover
May 12th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I once had 2 teeth pulled out by the dentist at school.

They used tweezers on me :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dentist at school? :eek:
In australia there must be such weird schools! :lol:

CondiLicious
May 12th, 2005, 05:24 PM
ekkkkkk!! a week!

She has type 1 Von Willebrand Disease so her blood doesn't clot quite as well as most people so that's probably why it took so long.

Zoltan83
May 12th, 2005, 08:06 PM

what a nice smile, Zoltan 83! :haha:
Thank you :D :p

Martian Jeza
May 12th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Thx god my teeth are in good shape !

Wigglytuff
May 12th, 2005, 08:38 PM
She has type 1 Von Willebrand Disease so her blood doesn't clot quite as well as most people so that's probably why it took so long.

ah ok that makes me feel better , but i am s still bleeding :(.

rockbottom
May 13th, 2005, 12:44 AM

sounds like bs to me, dentist are just like mechanics always trying to scam innocent ppl for cash. sorry but i think you got hoodwinked. my 4 wisdom teeth was suppose to come out 10 yrs ago and today still no pain/discomfort whatsoever.
oh btw, if you don't like needles just tell them you don't want it. to me the pain from the needle is worst than any drilling or deep cleaning. for the last 15 yrs i've had all 5-6 fillings and many many deep cleaning without any needle or anasthesia. it's not that bad at all, try it.

decemberlove
May 13th, 2005, 03:02 AM
sounds like bs to me, dentist are just like mechanics always trying to scam innocent ppl for cash. sorry but i think you got hoodwinked. my 4 wisdom teeth was suppose to come out 10 yrs ago and today still no pain/discomfort whatsoever.
oh btw, if you don't like needles just tell them you don't want it. to me the pain from the needle is worst than any drilling or deep cleaning. for the last 15 yrs i've had all 5-6 fillings and many many deep cleaning without any needle or anasthesia. it's not that bad at all, try it.

um, getting a deep cleaning or a lil drilling is totally different than from getting actual teeth PULLED.

Wigglytuff
May 13th, 2005, 03:13 AM
um, getting a deep cleaning or a lil drilling is totally different than from getting actual teeth PULLED.

yeah d-love thats what i was thinking. i should post a picture of the tooth.

decemberlove
May 13th, 2005, 03:16 AM
yeah d-love thats what i was thinking. i should post a picture of the tooth.

the last time i went to the dentist they did a lil drilling and i didnt want the needle. it wasn't so bad, but i couldnt imagine getting teeth pulled with nothing but numbing gel on it.

decemberlove
May 13th, 2005, 03:17 AM
also, we can do without the visual :p

Wigglytuff
May 13th, 2005, 03:21 AM
awww i was really excited about sharing the visual But noone wants to see it. :)

rockbottom
May 13th, 2005, 04:16 AM
yes but i was just trying make a point because most ppl feel they need the shot for routine things like drilling and deep cleaning.
btw i did get my tooth pulled once at the dentist WITHOUT getting a shot, true story but that was when i was about 10yrs old. and no it wasn't no baby tooth it was a back molar. still wasn't as bad that crazy damn needle.