PDA

View Full Version : Dermot Mulroney & Catherine Keener getting divorced

McAuley
May 11th, 2005, 10:40 AM
IS DIVORCE CONTAGIOUS AMONG BRAD'S FRIENDS?

Catherine Keener and Dermot Mulroney

Misery may indeed love company: Almost six months after Brad Pitt split from Jennifer Aniston, his best friends appear to be going their separate ways as well!

Catherine Keener, 45, and Dermot Mulroney, 41 -- who have a son, Clyde, 5 -- are having a crisis in their 14-year marriage, says a source, with Dermot having instigated a split.

"They've grown apart in recent months," says the source. "Catherine has been seeing signs that Dermot was checking out of the relationship long before he requested a separation. He just didn't want to be with her anymore."

Catherine -- who is probably best known for her role as the droll object of lust Maxine in 1999's hit film Being John Malkovich -- will no doubt have an understanding shoulder to cry on: She's known Brad, 41, since the two starred in 1991's Johnny Suede together and they've been close friends ever since. As Star reported earlier this year, the two often hit the town together, enjoying everything from cocktails at an out-of-the-way watering hole to high-profile entertainment industry events like the March 8, Los Angeles premiere of Catherine's recent film, The Ballad of Jack and Rose.

"They were very affectionate," says a source who saw Brad and Catherine at a birthday party for Sean Penn earlier this year. "They obviously enjoy each other's company a lot."

Reps for neither Keener nor Mulroney would say anything about the split, telling Star they do not comment on their clients' personal lives.

Rocketta
May 11th, 2005, 02:17 PM
hmm, i can't picture her...sad when people split after being together for so long...:(

Scotso
May 12th, 2005, 02:00 AM
mmmm, I wish I were a hot girl, I'd go after him :hearts:

switz
May 12th, 2005, 04:53 AM
i always remember her as jerry's jealous girlfriend in seinfeld.

he probably got jealous because her career seems to have going again lately while he hasb't really been in much and is only really remembered for my best friends wedding and to a lesser that movie about making american quilts (he was a show a well i think - friends??). i even had to google him to make sure he was the person i was thinking of.

kiwifan
May 12th, 2005, 05:17 AM
I like her, but he's one of the two most annoying actors in Hollywood...

...I hate the sight of his face on the screen...

kiwifan
May 12th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Mark Ruffalo is the other one :devil:

Dana Marcy
May 15th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I like her, but he's one of the two most annoying actors in Hollywood...

...I hate the sight of his face on the screen...

My husband loves CK but I find her kind of the same in every role. :shrug:

I don't mind him and he actually made me laugh in the movie with Jack Nicholson as the writer who goes on a road trip.

Steam
May 15th, 2005, 07:18 PM
i always remember her as jerry's jealous girlfriend in seinfeld.

he probably got jealous because her career seems to have going again lately while he hasb't really been in much and is only really remembered for my best friends wedding and to a lesser that movie about making american quilts (he was a show a well i think - friends??). i even had to google him to make sure he was the person i was thinking of.

Wow, I can't even place her in Seinfeld and I know that show like the backside of my hand (cheap plug: the Emmy award winning Season 4 hits DVD stateside on Tuesday, highly recommended, one of if not the greatest seasons in sitcom history).

I just remember her from Being John Malkovich.