PDA

View Full Version : Whats ur surface?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:26 PM
What is your favorite surface? (if u only have one surface in ur town) pick one that u would like to play on!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:27 PM
i would love to play on clay! I can really slide to get balls!

Williams Rulez
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Hardcourts... outdoors!! :)

TeNnIsFaN
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Hardcourts (outdoor)!! :D

Nina_rus
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:41 PM
I like clay

Mazza
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Grass!! :D

Zhao
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:58 PM
i really like to play on clay for a change...playing on grass is not that fun for me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Martian KC
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Clay, definitely! I lurve sliding on it!:bounce:

Williams Rulez
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Grass sucks... the ball bounces so low!! :fiery: :fiery:

I'm quite a tall person you see... :angel:

Nimi
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:18 PM
im 13 years old & im 1.77 meter....
thats pretty damn tall!!!!!
i serve & volley but i like clay, i once took a part in a tourny with my family:rolleyes: but father was once a winner of a region championship here in Israel, & my mother isnt that bad, we had four of those, one here, in Israel on hardcourts, which i won, in Italy on clay, which i won, in Italy on carpet, which i won, & in Greece on grass, which i won...

my point is that my bug serve & big groundstrokes gave me easy win on carpet & grass, & pretty easy on hardcourts too, but i had a tuff time on clay, but i still love it :p

SM
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Clay...i like spins :)

E. Blackadder
Apr 5th, 2002, 04:20 PM
I like playing on red clay, but I would also like to try ou the american hardcourt and grasscourts. I especially like clay because you can have the longest raaly's on that surface and you have to build up the points. It's not just serve 'n volley

Monica_Rules
Apr 5th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Well i have only ever played on Hard Outdoors and Indoors.The indoor is much quicker or seems quicker.

I have played on clay about 4 years ago for about 30mins i was beating my friend on it who i had never beaten on Hard up till then.Can't really remeber much about it!

I would love to play a whole match on Clay and Grass if possible!

Mark Spruce
Apr 5th, 2002, 05:38 PM
CLAY

And I love RG !!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark:fiery:

moon
Apr 5th, 2002, 06:05 PM
well i played on clay this week for the first time in a long time and I am not that great on it.

My favorite surface is grass, followed closely by hardcourts.

Fingon
Apr 5th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by KC
Clay, definitely! I lurve sliding on it!:bounce:

you just love sliding

GogoGirl
Apr 5th, 2002, 07:04 PM
I like all surfaces. I am waiting until Venus punishes Lindsay on indoor carpet. Lindsay won their last match.

Davis Cup is just now starting on ESPN1. They are playing in Houston, TX on grass. I love grass courts 2.

Candy946
Apr 5th, 2002, 07:07 PM
I've only played on hard courts, but I would like to try the other 3 surfaces.

saby
Apr 5th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Clay is the best surface for me !!

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Martian KC
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Fingon

you just love sliding

And what pre tell do you mean by that?:rolleyes: ;)

matthias
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Clay

but i hope anytime i can try to play on Rebound Ace

Tatiana Panova
Apr 6th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Definitely indoor hard-tru courts. They are the best and I always play great. I hate the wind, sun, and rain when I play tennis. If it is a perfect day the I like playing outdoors.

Mattographer
Apr 6th, 2002, 01:24 PM
I would love play on clay but I never played it before :sad: I only play on fake grass and hard, that's all! :mad:

Williams Rulez
Apr 6th, 2002, 01:29 PM
It'd be great if I can even get to play on clay... :sad:

Zhao
Apr 6th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Williams_Rulez
It'd be great if I can even get to play on clay... :sad:

it would be even greater if we have a chance to see what's a clay court looks like:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
i heard that there was one near ACJC but does not know is true or not

Williams Rulez
Apr 6th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Really? Hmmm, I was there just the other day, saw lots of hard courts... didn't see a clay court... :sad:

Well, when I do pass by again, I'll keep a look out for them!! :drool: :drool:

Master Lu
Apr 6th, 2002, 01:49 PM
OK, someone please explain how come there's no clay courts in the States, and there's no hard courts in Europe. (I'm overgeneralizing, but you get the point.)
All the 'real' courts in my country are clay, but since I came to the States, I never saw a grain of clay.
Is there some historic reason for it or something?
Oh and btw, why is it called clay!? There's no patch of clay in red clay courts. :)
(Or is clay something different then I think outside tennis)

Sam L
Apr 6th, 2002, 02:12 PM
I love clay to watch and (want to play on it) But I'd say I want to play on indoors regularly cause I don't like playing in the sun. I don't want a tan and I don't want to get sunburnt.

Jordan.
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:01 PM
I never played on any surface except Hardcourt! :sad:
But I was telling a coach some of my game,and he said I'd be great on clay! :)

aura of daniela
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:37 PM
I play the majority of my tennis on a clay type court so I would have to be my favourite.
But, I played a match on a synthetic grass court, and I was absolutely surprised at the difference in balance and foot work on it compared to the clay. I seemed to get to the ball a step quicker, and because I was more sure under foot, I had more preparation time on my shots, but to counter all this, I think the slice game would really hurt me, and I did play against a ralleying baseline player so our games were played exactly the same as it would have on the clay but I could imagine how tough it would be against a serve and volley player that pushes you on the back foot every point.

Also playing on Indoor carpet may be some fun as well, consistent bounces is the only down point about clay courts.

Don't know about Hard Courts, most of the ones I've played on a make shift concrete crap courts and seem to hurt my beautiful feet to much, and it also produces a greater amount of heat than the other surfaces so.....Clay, because I play some much of my tennis on it....but Synthetic Grass is nice too.

Simon V

LucasArg
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Hardcourt ourtdoors:D

2ace2
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:52 PM
I've played on clay, hardcourt and carpet, but I like the hardcourt the most. Clay's a bit boring and hardcourt is just my surface. I've never played on grass, but I don't think it's as much fun as on hardcourt.
:D

monicain
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Anybody tell me what does the Carpet game look like? I wonder if it differs from hardcourt indoor. It seems, to me, suits serve and volleyers.

rhz
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:40 AM
the only thing i never played on is carpet. I even have the opportunity to play in Melbourne Park, where the AO is being held :)

Oizo
Apr 8th, 2002, 12:44 PM
CLAY :D :wavey: :bounce: :D :wavey: :D :wavey: :bounce:

atich1
Apr 8th, 2002, 12:50 PM
I love clay, it's my favourite surface but I play better on hard court :rolleyes: That's where I made all my performances...

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: but definitely CLAY

Josh
Apr 8th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Clay is my favourite and best surface, hardcourt is a close second.

propi
Apr 8th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Clay! more funny but i like hard as well
I've play in grass and I realize why people only serve and volley there it's so strange the bounce

Keith
Apr 8th, 2002, 02:35 PM
This past week I played on red clay, artificial grass and hardcourt. I like indoor the most. Less distractions! Grass is ok, but I hate the dirt that flies up into my socks! Clay is fun, too. I like playing on those for a change, but indoor is my favorite