PDA

View Full Version : 'Idol' accuser: I've got evidence

Infiniti2001
May 10th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 Posted: 4:30 PM EDT (2030 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Responding to Paula Abdul's "Saturday Night Live" cameo appearance, Corey Clark's lawyer said the former "American Idol" contestant has "explicit" and "incriminating" evidence into their alleged affair.

Richard B. Jefferson said the 24-year-old singer hasn't expressed "any plans to voluntarily reveal additional incriminating evidence, which he possesses, to the general public that undoubtedly proves the extent of their involvement because of its explicit nature."

However, in an e-mail to The Associated Press Monday, Jefferson said Clark would "fully cooperate with any governmental agency that launches an investigation stemming from his claims."

Clark alleged last week that Abdul, a judge on the Fox talent competition, had an affair with him while he was competing in 2003 and also coached him on how to do better in the competition.

Jed Wallace, Clark's spokesman, refused to comment Tuesday on what type of "evidence" Clark might possess. Abdul's spokesman, Shawn Sachs, didn't immediately return calls seeking comment.

Last week, ABC's "Primetime Live" aired an expose of the scandal, which the "Saturday Night Live" cast lampooned on Saturday's show. At the end of the sketch, Abdul made her own "Idol"-style critiques of her imitator, saying to Amy Poehler: "You need to perfect the clap a little more and be a lot more sexier so contestants will be willing to sleep with you."

Abdul has called Clark's allegations "lies" and an attempt at character assassination. She issued a statement Friday expressing "my deepest appreciation" for fans who have expressed their support for her.

"Neither Ms. Abdul's vague statement nor her satire regarding this incident refutes her inappropriate relationship with Mr. Clark or discredits the veracity of his claims," Jefferson said in the e-mail.

The Fox network said Clark hadn't responded to requests for help investigating his charges. Clark said he had no interest in helping the show that booted him off.

What evidence?? The draws he wore??? :lol:

bw2082
May 10th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Corey... as the saying goes... either shit or get off the pot :fiery:

griffin
May 10th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Oh please, if he'd had anything more than vague phone messages, he'd have shown it by now.

"fully cooperate with any govermental agency that launches and investigation...."

Into what, exactly? Like the feds would give a damn. He's given himself and excuse not to show anything while pretending he's willing to do so.

What drugs was Paula on when she hooked up with him? :lol:

SelesFan70
May 10th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Surely Paula wouldn't have taken pictures?!?!? :eek: I just found it odd that she was lampooning the situation on "Saturday Night Live", but has yet to deny explicitly that it ever happened.

Infiniti2001
May 10th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Hey , maybe he has a video tape :eek:

griffin
May 10th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Seles, I think it did happen - I also think he's got nothing to prove it and this is just grandstanding to promote his album (cause God know's he's not selling it on talent).

Corey, you used each other, now be a grown-up and move on.

SelesFan70
May 10th, 2005, 09:31 PM

Hmmmm..what would the title be? :devil:

"Abdul On My Tool"
"The 'Backdoor' Way to Win on American Idol"

Wigglytuff
May 10th, 2005, 09:44 PM
:lick: :lick: :lick: :lick: :lol: :lol: :drool: :lick:

roarke
May 10th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Why would you want to sleep with someone then turn around and tell the world about it just so you can make a buck or two! Jeez is there no level of "skankiness" that is below some of these people. For all intents and purpose Paula was very good to him in this alleged short lived misguided romance. He needs to let it go. So they both fucked, big deal, the world doesn't need to know about it, I sure could do without hearing about it. Doesn't seem like he made much of an impression with her anyway.

Rocketta
May 10th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Why would you want to sleep with someone then turn around and tell the world about it just so you can make a buck or two! Jeez is there no level of "skankiness" that is below some of these people. For all intents and purpose Paula was very good to him in this alleged short lived misguided romance. He needs to let it go. So they both fucked, big deal, the world doesn't need to know about it, I sure could do without hearing about it. Doesn't seem like he made much of an impression with her anyway.

well it's kind of a big deal if one of the judges is sleeping with/helping contestants...granted it's Paula and she says positive things about everybody ( :retard: ) what if it was Simon? I don't think many people would be cutting him slack.

I'm wary of someone who would go on SNL to shuck and Jive and try to make it seem like this story isn't effecting you.

I'm also wary because Paula put out all the statements like she never lies and she doesn't respond to lies...all I can say is Paula clearly has selective memory because she's very capable of behaving badly and sleeping with someone inappropriate as she has in the past. She should just address the issue and then move on.

alexusjonesfan
May 11th, 2005, 02:28 AM
is there a dress with DNA evidence involved here? :angel:

mykarma
May 11th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Hmmmm..what would the title be? :devil:

"Abdul On My Tool"
"The 'Backdoor' Way to Win on American Idol":lol: :haha: :lol:

XaDavK_Kapri
May 11th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Maybe some pictures of Paula next to Corey's :tape: standing "straight up" ;)

bigshow21
May 11th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Oh brother! :rolleyes: Who the f*** cares? Maybe this really did happen and maybe it didn't. Who cares...big deal! This kid needs to get off his rocker, put a suit on and find a real job instead of trying to cause a ruckus and promote his new album with it. And Paula can put her pot down, get a grip, and just act normal. Geez this whole thing just gets on my nerves.

harloo
May 11th, 2005, 03:49 AM
well it's kind of a big deal if one of the judges is sleeping with/helping contestants...granted it's Paula and she says positive things about everybody ( :retard: ) what if it was Simon? I don't think many people would be cutting him slack.

I'm wary of someone who would go on SNL to shuck and Jive and try to make it seem like this story isn't effecting you.

I'm also wary because Paula put out all the statements like she never lies and she doesn't respond to lies...all I can say is Paula clearly has selective memory because she's very capable of behaving badly and sleeping with someone inappropriate as she has in the past. She should just address the issue and then move on.

Why should she address the issue to feed Corey's inflated ego? I do believe something happened between them but is Corey even credible?

If he was not trying to promote his album, sale a tell all book, and going on any show that will invite him(including sleazeball Howard Stern) then maybe the public would take him seriously. Right now noone cares, and I'm ready for him to go back into his hole. You had sex with Paula, so what! You were a grown ass man, you were over 21. Let it go Corey.:rolleyes:

The bottom line is that Paula is no saint, but what is she supposed to say,"Yeah I slept with Corey". It's not going to happen, or even giving a statement with an omission to any wrong doing would do nothing but feed the Corey drama.

BTW, it's going around on the net his friend who appeared on Fallen Idol vouching Coreys story does nudie mags. What's next, Corey's a transexual?:tape: :rolleyes:

Rocketta
May 11th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Why should she address the issue to feed Corey's inflated ego? I do believe something happened between them but is Corey even credible?

If he was not trying to promote his album, sale a tell all book, and going on any show that will invite him(including sleazeball Howard Stern) then maybe the public would take him seriously. Right now noone cares, and I'm ready for him to go back into his hole. You had sex with Paula, so what! You were a grown ass man, you were over 21. Let it go Corey.:rolleyes:

The bottom line is that Paula is no saint, but what is she supposed to say,"Yeah I slept with Corey". It's not going to happen, or even giving a statement with an omission to any wrong doing would do nothing but feed the Corey drama.

BTW, it's going around on the net his friend who appeared on Fallen Idol vouching Coreys story does nudie mags. What's next, Corey's a transexual?:tape: :rolleyes:

yes it matters she is a judge of a competition that some people invest 3 hours a week on thinking it's a fair competition....why don't people see this?

She should address it because it's out there plain and simple and she shouldn't address it by fabricating about how wholesome she is. She can call him a liar if he's a liar or say she made a mistake but if there's any truth to it and there's any proof no matter how small it will come back to bite her in the ass.

~ The Leopard ~
May 11th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I thought Paula Abdul was dead by now. Isn't she a million years old? And who's this other person? And could someone explain again why are we supposed to care? :scratch:

Pureracket
May 11th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Actually, if I were trying to move an album off the racks, I don't know of the things that I would resort to either.

I think it did happen. Corey should probably move on, but I'm not sure that we should turn our backs so quickly on unethical behaviour either.

~ The Leopard ~
May 11th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Apart from the fact that I've never even heard of this Corey person, why is he complaining? It sounds like he cheated in the contest, or was at least complicit in an arrangement that created a conflict of interest for one of the judges. Why would anyone reward him by buying some album that he has out? If anything, it sounds like a reason why we should all boycott the damn thing. In fact, if he's really making these allegations (true or otherwise) to try to get publicity, isn't this just an attempt to milk a further benefit from his own shonky doings? Why am I supposed to be sympathetic to him (assuming that sympathy is part of what he wants)? It's almost as is he's trying to defame himself. I can see that he may gain a commercial benefit from it, but even so...

I'm really confused by all this. :shrug:

Rocketta
May 11th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I don't think anyone has said that we should be sympathetic to Corey or that anyone should buy his album or book? That's completely seperate from saying that we need to find out if it's true or not. That kind of behavior by people responsible for a competition can't or shouldn't go unchecked. It only makes a mockery of the competition and makes people who participated feel like fools.

bee
May 11th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I think there is some truth in what the guy is saying about Paula... ;)

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I thought Paula Abdul was dead by now. Isn't she a million years old? And who's this other person? And could someone explain again why are we supposed to care? :scratch:
:retard: :yawn: :retard: :yawn: :retard: :yawn:

harloo
May 11th, 2005, 02:52 PM
yes it matters she is a judge of a competition that some people invest 3 hours a week on thinking it's a fair competition....why don't people see this?

She should address it because it's out there plain and simple and she shouldn't address it by fabricating about how wholesome she is. She can call him a liar if he's a liar or say she made a mistake but if there's any truth to it and there's any proof no matter how small it will come back to bite her in the ass.

My problem with your theory is that the judges only give their opinion on the contestants, the pubic determines who actually makes it through. Now whether Paula's influence had anything to do with Corey making the top group (if the accusations are true) is nothing but speculation. Noone can determine how her comments affected viewing audiences. If anything I think people don't care what Paula says as much because she gives pretty nice comments to almost every contestant. :tape:

Responding to Corey and his drama is not only a bad idea, but will not please those who think she should explain herself. Corey is claiming that he has some compelling evidence, but he is not willing to come foward with the damaging information. If he really wanted to prove himself he would present his evidence instead of just saying, "We had an affair, Paula should keep her job and I will not cooperate with an investigation". :rolleyes:

If he really thinks all this will help sell albums he is sadly mistaken and his handlers better get ready for weak album sales. It may be good if he gets a book deal now so he can make any little money he can because soon his 12 minutes will be up. Or maybe he can be like his credible friend and pose naked is some nudie magazine?:lol:

BTW, doesn't Paula look like she's on drugs lately?:lol:

Rocketta
May 11th, 2005, 03:17 PM
but Harloo....a big part of the competition is style and song selection....of which some contestants are clueless...if Judges are helping you with these areas it's not fair. Also, Paula knows Randy and Simon very well you don't think she would have the inside scoop on how to win them over? Still not fair for the other contestants.

You know anyone who would buy his book or album are a little :cuckoo: that's beside the point. We all know his motivation is evil....doesn't change the fact that if true that would be a horrible thing for the show..

Hot 92 Jamz
May 11th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I agree with Rocketta. I donít care who Paula has sex with but I do care that she is telling an ďAIĒ contestant what to sing and wear. Sure, Corey didnít have a snowballís chance of winning but that isnít the point. Paula is an ďAIĒ judge, not the ďAIĒ stylist nor is she a vocal coach (no pun intended). She crossed the line of objectivity by helping Corey. I hope somebody forces her to address this scandal.