PDA

View Full Version : Mary won 6.1 7.5 !!

saby
May 10th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Yes I'm happy about this news it's great, it seems that the second set was very close

good luck for next round

rsunderji
May 10th, 2005, 03:42 PM
congrats mary

Mark Spruce
May 10th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Well done Mary !!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for the win

Mark

sebbe
May 10th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Nice work Mary. Nice to see that the injury doesn't seam to be that big.

Mark Spruce
May 10th, 2005, 03:51 PM
up for Mary next is either Mamic or Daniela Hantuchova

Mark

Declan
May 10th, 2005, 05:14 PM
up for Mary next is either Mamic or Daniela Hantuchova

Mark

Yes, it's Mamic, who easily beat Hantuchova today. She defeated Mary indoors last Autumn, but that was when Mary was inexplicably playing injured after the US Open, instead of resting and recuperating. I don't normally like the concept of 'revenge' in tennis....but a revenge win here would be nice!!!!

isaboulou
May 10th, 2005, 05:14 PM
cool i see mary at the TV and she won
this is a good journey for me (hihihi)

Frenchragazzo
May 10th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone, as I said in another post, I study in Rome this year and I've decided to see the women tournament. Being a fan of Mary, I was on the Court n°1 to see her.

The first set was really quickly won by Mary who was really impressive, powerful (the sound of the balls punched by Mary is INCREDIBLE), and relax (except during the fifth game when she had to save one or 2 BP.)

In the second set we saw the other face of Mary: nervous, not confident, not patient...She scared herself when there was no reason to... However, she replayed as a champion and won easily the last 3 games.

Mary seemed to be in good form, thin, and if she is able to stay cool, I think we can be optimistic for RG :bounce:

Last thing: Mary is so nice with her (many) fans (all the people in the stadium were supporting her during the match): she took all the time it needed to sign autographs, talked a little with some of us, and she was always smiling or laughing...
I'm proud to be a fan of this kind of people :) :wavey:

Wizzy Maryfan
May 10th, 2005, 06:22 PM
mary didn't play an awesome tennis, she made a lot of unforced errors in the second, not moving so well ...

But when sha was led 5-4 in the second set, she decided to improve her game and, you know, Peng didn't see the ball, it was just too good for her !

So we see 2 Mary today : "too good one" who was hitting the ball too strong for her opponent ... and a "slow Mary" who wasn't moving well and who was hitting the ball too much, without thinking, without trying to do her best ...

Mary will have to play better tomorrow if she wants to beat Sanda ... If Mary stays focus ALL THE MATCH she will give an hard time to her young opponent ! But she won't have right to errors !
A tough match probably, but a good Mary will make the difference, for sure !
And if she's not 100%, hmm, it won't be very interesting and pleasant for us !

So hope Mary will play a good match, will forget her leg, will stay focus, and will believe in her ! :angel:

I'll cross my fingers, Go Mary !

Mark Spruce
May 10th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Hi, great to see you on this thread. Thank u so much for the report. Mary is just the best towards her fans and the people that cheer her on.

regards

Mark

Last thing: Mary is so nice with her (many) fans (all the people in the stadium were supporting her during the match): she took all the time it needed to sign autographs, talked a little with some of us, and she was always smiling or laughing...
I'm proud to be a fan of this kind of people :) :wavey:

Mark Spruce
May 10th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Hi Wizzy,

Yeah I hope that her leg is OK and that she can forget that. Maybe she was worried that she might hurt it in the 2nd set, and that is why she slowed down.

Lets hope that we see a happy Mary thundering away.

regards

mark

So hope Mary will play a good match, will forget her leg, will stay focus, and will believe in her ! :angel:

I'll cross my fingers, Go Mary !

Ellery
May 10th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Congrats, Mary!

Andy.
May 10th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Well done Mary on beating a tough opponent good luck in the next round.

mamno_MARYFAN
May 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Great win...!!!!:bounce:

Good luck against Mamic...COME ON MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Mary's 1st Fan
May 11th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Mary leads 5/3 and 40:40 on Mamic serve but it seems that the match is over since the score is not moving since a few minutes...
Who knows about it?