PDA

View Full Version : Tennis magazine...Mary is...

saby
May 10th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Hello guys,

I just want to tell you that, in tennis magazine there is an article about mary.

As usual , journalists are giving pronostic about who is going to win...... and they are thinking that Mary can reach the quarter final and it would'nt be a surprise, but they think she only has 2,5% of chances to win RG this year.

Well in fact those journalists make me laugh, they are thinking that Nathalie Dechy has 5% of chance to win RG, sorry but I'm laughing.

Even if Mary is older... clay is her surface, Nathalie hates clay come on guys keep your feet on the floor !!! I'm french I will cheer all the french players but stop writting this kind of stupid pronostics, I'm think Tati has a better chance to win than Nat and she is only at 5.5% !!!

****There is one little quote I love, it's not from Mary but from the director of the commercial cie (Arnaud Lagardère) which is the new partner of France TV and RG.

"He said, I think too much people forget that Yannick Noah is not the last french player who has won RG, it's Mary Pierce and I believe that Daniel Bilalian (director of sports from France TV) is giving a wrong exemple when he always talks about Yannick instead of Mary"

Mark Spruce
May 10th, 2005, 04:45 PM
HI Saby, thanks so much for the article.

GOD I hate journalists when they dish Mary.

I hyave to laugh that Dechy has a better chance than Mary

Mark

rsunderji
May 10th, 2005, 04:45 PM
excellent point made above about how mary always seems to be overlooked as the last french person to win rg...even a couple years back when mauresmo was close (either she made sf or f, can't remember) everyone was saying the last french lady to win was that other lady who won it couple decades ago, not mary pierce, what's that all about?

Mark Spruce
May 10th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Oh I think just because Mary was not born in France etc.. and all that fuss.

But maybe Saby has a better explanation.

mark

saby
May 10th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Oh I think just because Mary was not born in France etc.. and all that fuss.

But maybe Saby has a better explanation.

mark
Mary was not born and raise in france and I do belIeve some people don't like that, Mary is doing whatever she wants and some people don't like that... LOL She has an accent, now she's speaking very good french !! but she has an accent...LOL

I don't really know, some persons are stupid and some like us accept differences, if you look at all the best french atleths, 90% are from french islands, are naturalised or one of their parents is french. Look at Mary, Tati, Zidane, Henry, Maracineanu all are from different place in the world... but they are all french

Mark Spruce
May 10th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Hi Saby, thanks for that. Hey did you get my E-mail I sent today

mark

saby
May 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Yes I got it just when Mary won her math LOL I already answered to you ...

I have the article scanned I'm trying to sending it to you but apparently it doesn't work for now, I have my new scanner... i will try again later tonight
you know what, I'm done with my exammmmmm, but I have one more in one month ...

Mark Spruce
May 10th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Hi Saby,

Oh cool a scan I hope that you are able to send. I have replied to the reply to my original mail LOL

Mark

Declan
May 10th, 2005, 06:10 PM
excellent point made above about how mary always seems to be overlooked as the last french person to win rg...even a couple years back when mauresmo was close (either she made sf or f, can't remember) everyone was saying the last french lady to win was that other lady who won it couple decades ago, not mary pierce, what's that all about?

Francoise Durr won Roland Garros in 1967 - but she was actually born in Algiers!!

Wizzy Maryfan
May 10th, 2005, 07:10 PM
And Tauziat was born in ... Africa :lol:

It's too good to hear such a quote by the new partner of Roland Garros !
Hope he will force french tv to speak more about Mary's win ...

I have to add that Dechy has no chance to win at Rg : 0% !!!
But, perhaps ... hmm ... perhaps she has 5% chance to win her first match :lol:

saby
May 10th, 2005, 09:49 PM
a couple years back when mauresmo was close (either she made sf or f, can't remember) everyone was saying the last french lady to win was that other lady who won it couple decades ago, not mary pierce, what's that all about?

Sometime I think it's because Mary's dad didn't let the french federation take all the control of Mary's training, life... well you know what I mean.

But i'm happy about what this guy said during the press conference, at least beside Mary's fans someone knows she is the last RG french champ
WE ARE NOT ALONE ANYMORE !!! LOL !!!

MissTennisFan
May 11th, 2005, 06:26 AM
I have to add that Dechy has no chance to win at Rg : 0% !!!
But, perhaps ... hmm ... perhaps she has 5% chance to win her first match :lol:

LOL! Méchant! :lol:

Mark Spruce
May 11th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Hello MissTennisFan

Very long time to see you here. How R U ??

Mark

MissTennisFan
May 11th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Hello MissTennisFan

Very long time to see you here. How R U ??

Mark

Hi Mark -- I am fine thanks! How are you?? :wavey:

Mark Spruce
May 11th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Hello MissTennisFan,

Please mail me or I will try and remember to mail you when I get in from my pool night.

great to see you back

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
May 12th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Its great to know that the journalists are predicting Mary to have a fair chance to reach the quarterfinals...:angel:

But its still disappointing that many people still ignored Mary as a wonderful French lady player and not accepting her as French...:rolleyes:

Oh well...perhaps its best for Mary to not worry about it too much....and just keep on playing well and show the French what Mary Pierce Tennis is all about....DEVASTATING POWER TENNIS!!!!:angel:

Anyhow...good luck Mary in Rome!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

ashwu
May 13th, 2005, 02:16 PM
i think it's because she's from usa.