PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Companys Are Evil!!!

Wigglytuff
May 10th, 2005, 02:44 PM
i FUCKING HATE THESE EVIL CELL PHONE COMPANIES!!!

I just got my phone bill and its. $89 !!!!! this shit is evil!!! and i went over by like 80 minutes!!! i cant believe then. my bill is usually $29.99!!! FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!!!!

BK4ever
May 10th, 2005, 02:46 PM

I just got my phone bill and its. $89 !!!!! this shit is evil!!! and i went over by like 80 minutes!!! i cant believe then. my bill is usually $29.99!!! FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!!!!

Where do u live?

Going over your minutes is the worst thing ever, thats how they make money. Thats why you need to pay careful attention to your minutes. You just ended up paying 2 extra months for probably what is about 1/3 of your usual minutes...Been there done that, its very painful.

Cellphone service in America is the worst...

!<blocparty>!
May 10th, 2005, 02:52 PM
I got screwed on my phone bill once. It came out at like $300 :o

I was skiing in France for one week, and I thought my company had this special offer going on with free internet. It turned out (after hours, and hours) of mobile surfing, the offer was only available on pay as you go :mad:

They're bastards, you gotta watch them ;)

Wigglytuff
May 10th, 2005, 02:54 PM
yep, i am in nyc,

i pay to $29.99 for 450 minutes.

so i am paying 2 months worth for what is not even 20% of my monthly minutes. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

BK4ever
May 10th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Well...we all get burned once :sad:

The over the limit charge is not nearly as bad as how they lock your phone so you can't use it on any other network, so everytime you want to switch...you have to get a new phone :fiery:

Rocketta
May 10th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Yeah BK that's bad.....and also how they make you sign a contract to get a new phone or pay out of your ass for one. That's why I get all my phones off of ebay. :o

SelesFan70
May 10th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah BK that's bad.....and also how they make you sign a contract to get a new phone or pay out of your ass for one. That's why I get all my phones off of ebay. :o

How do you keep your phone number? :shrug:

Rocketta
May 10th, 2005, 10:12 PM
How do you keep your phone number? :shrug:

you take it to your cell phone company with your old phone and tell them you want to change your service to the new phone...it cost $15 for US Celluar.

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 02:23 AM
its not free?

Jesus, those bitches charge for EVERYTHING!!

Rocketta
May 11th, 2005, 02:24 AM
its not free?

Jesus, those bitches charge for EVERYTHING!!

you nothing's free in the us...;)

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 02:27 AM
you know nothing's free in the us...;)
too true true

Bacardi
May 11th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Which cell phone carrier do you have?

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 04:39 AM
i had att, now its cingular, the service is no better and the plans suck

gentenaire
May 11th, 2005, 05:46 AM
you take it to your cell phone company with your old phone and tell them you want to change your service to the new phone...it cost $15 for US Celluar.

Long live GSM

Pureracket
May 11th, 2005, 05:56 AM
i had att, now its cingular, the service is no better and the plans suckCingular is ok.

Rocketta
May 11th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Long live GSM

yeah i guess but what's GSM? :confused:

cynicole
May 11th, 2005, 01:01 PM

One of the reasons why the Europeans and Asians have been so much more advanced in their mobile telephone technology than the North Americans have (and why many of the old North American cell phone companies are at least partially owned by the Europeans nowadays). I think it's their standard (whereas, in North America, companies came up with their own competing standards and retarded technological cellphone advances here).

I really hate cellphones but I have one anyway because it's hard to find a payphone and now seems rather socially cheesy to ask to borrow someone else's phone.

This past March I ditched my Sprint plan and went with a pre-pay phone that I got on clearance and pay 25 cents a call, 10 cents a text and only have to load $20 on every 3 months and have been much happier about it.

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 01:12 PM
crap

if you can send pics and shit like that you have gsm

Rocketta
May 11th, 2005, 01:16 PM
One of the reasons why the Europeans and Asians have been so much more advanced in their mobile telephone technology than the North Americans have (and why many of the old North American cell phone companies are at least partially owned by the Europeans nowadays). I think it's their standard (whereas, in North America, companies came up with their own competing standards and retarded technological cellphone advances here).

I really hate cellphones but I have one anyway because it's hard to find a payphone and now seems rather socially cheesy to ask to borrow someone else's phone.

This past March I ditched my Sprint plan and went with a pre-pay phone that I got on clearance and pay 25 cents a call, 10 cents a text and only have to load $20 on every 3 months and have been much happier about it.

I only have a cell phone cause I drive 100 miles a day and half of it at night through a swamp.

Oh and thanks for the explanation.

Rocketta
May 11th, 2005, 01:19 PM
crap

no I can't do any of that...I'm too cheap. :o

cynicole
May 11th, 2005, 01:24 PM
I only have a cell phone cause I drive 100 miles a day and half of it at night through a swamp.

Damn, if I had to do that, I'd probably buy a gun too.

Rocketta
May 11th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Damn, if I had to do that, I'd probably buy a gun too.

I should considering the type of people who live all throughout that area...for example I go past this area..

http://www.ncsu.edu/linguistics/code/Research%20Sites/crusoe.htm

what the site doesn't say is that they inter-married and would kill interlopers especially black people.

BK4ever
May 11th, 2005, 05:38 PM

GSM is used to refer to the ability to use your phone internationally...that usually requires having a TRIBAND phone if you are looking to use it between the US & Europe...they are becoming more and more popular. I know that Cingular and T-Mobile offer GSM phones and service.

But what I do, as well as most people that I know, is just get their phones unlocked here and when they get to Europe, just purchase a SIM card :D Its much cheaper than paying for international service through your carrier here.

European companies don't normally lock their phones so you can freely switch between carriers without having to always purchase a new phone...its awesome...someday we will catch up

SJW
May 11th, 2005, 05:52 PM
my phone bill was £250 once :o

this month it was £38. fuck yea :cool:

decemberlove
May 11th, 2005, 05:55 PM
crap

i can send pics and i have CDMA.

decemberlove
May 11th, 2005, 05:56 PM
my phone bill is $70/month.

Rocketta
May 11th, 2005, 06:02 PM

ah, I pay $28....i have a line added to my sister's account....but when her plan is over i know she's going to want me to pay for half...:scared:

Wigglytuff
May 11th, 2005, 06:06 PM
i can send pics and i have CDMA.
smartass....i dont need your facts!! :tape: :tape: :lol: :lol: :p :p :devil: :devil: :p :p
and you can qoute me if you like!! :o

Zoltan83
May 11th, 2005, 09:05 PM
More or less, same here.

Barrie_Dude
May 11th, 2005, 09:15 PM

I just got my phone bill and its. $89 !!!!! this shit is evil!!! and i went over by like 80 minutes!!! i cant believe then. my bill is usually $29.99!!! FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!!!!Do you have Rogers per chance? :scratch:

Wigglytuff
May 12th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Do you have Rogers per chance? :scratch:
:confused: :confused:

alexusjonesfan
May 12th, 2005, 02:05 AM
:confused: :confused:

he thinks you live in Canada eh :secret: