PDA

View Full Version : Good news Kimfans! :)

Justinator
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:43 AM
This is posted on the VTV-website today:

Kim Clijsters passeerde donderdag een onderzoek bij dokter De Clercq met goed resultaat: er is een gunstige evolutie in het herstel van schouder and bovenarm. Kim mag haar toernooiplanning aanpassen en dus eventueel meer spelen dan voorzien. De eerste twee weken blijft ze nog op non-actief en trekt ze met vriend Lleyton naar het ATP-toernooi van Monte Carlo. Wel of niet in Fed Cup: dit weekeinde valt wellicht de beslissing. :) :) :)

Translation:

Kim Clijsters went to see dokter De Clerq on Thursday and she came back with good results: there's a satisfactory evolution of the injury on her shoulder and upper arm. Kim can adjust her schedule and if she wants she can play more than planned. She will stay on non-active the first two weeks and joins boyfriend Lleyton to the ATP-tournament of Monte Carlo. Whether she plays Fed Cup or not: the decision will probably me made this weekend. :) :) :)

carot
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:47 AM
That's good news. :)

Brαm
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:48 AM
I read that too!! (in my news paper, not on the VTV site). I was pretty confused when I read Marie's thread! They say that it's not getting better at all in that thread :confused:

Go Kim :D:D:D

per4ever
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:49 AM
great news..but on the VRT teletext they said Kim wouldn't play Fed Cup..

but they are wrong all the time :o

Brαm
Apr 5th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Gosh there's always so much confusion on Kim's injury.... VRT Teletext, VTV, news papers,... Who should we believe?

I prefer the VTV (good news ;))

E. Blackadder
Apr 5th, 2002, 10:50 AM
The way she played monica I think her injury is much better now! Don't think she'll play Fed Cup, but that's not bad because we still got Justine and Els! Hope Kim will amaze us and the rest of the world at Berlin, Hamburg, Rome and Roland Garros!

Mazza
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:30 PM
:confused: :confused: Im rather confused as my Belgian friend who had sent me articles regarding Kim's injury have been saying different things! In fact this is what I got sent today

All based on reliable sources in Belgian press (press
agency Belga news and quality newspaper De Standaard, news dates from
April 4 and 5):
1)Kim's dad said that Fed Cup is NOT in her schedule
2)and that he rates her chances to play a Fed Cup match at 5% max
3)that he is concerned about her health
4)that he even doesn't know the source of all the positive news that
Kim will play
5)and Belgian Fed Cup captain has told the press that he has accepted
that Kim will not play.
6) However, and this might have fuelled to the speculation imo, Kim
told Belgian radio in Miami last week that she would play if her arm
would be good enough.
7)today, April 5, Flemish tennis federation announced on its website
that Kim's results of her latest tests would be promising.

Therefore the Flemish Tennis Federation is SPECULATING on their
website that:
1)Kim would play after all and
2)that she would decide over the weekend.

~|Naomi|~
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:39 AM
Well I hope that the good news is right :bounce:

And that Kim can do well on the clay courts and play like we know she can, but I hope she doesn't start to play more cause it is healing well and rush things and make it worse.

BUT GOOD LUCK KIM FOR YOUR UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS

EVAspeed
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:44 AM
i just hope that kimmy gets better. it doensn't matter to me if she doesn't play in the fed cup. if she didn't have this injury, of course, i'd want kimmy to play. :drool:

FroggyLight
Apr 6th, 2002, 01:10 AM
Poor kimmy for having that injury in the first place! But I'm glad she's getting better! Her health is much more important then Fed Cup! Go kimmy get better!

2ace2
Apr 6th, 2002, 08:40 AM
That's great for her!
Good luck, Kim!
:D