PDA

View Full Version : Official statement from Paula Abdul

McAuley
May 9th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Press Release Source: Sunshine Consultants

Statement of Paula Abdul
Friday May 6, 4:13 pm ET

NEW YORK, May 6, 2005--Firstly, let me express my deepest appreciation to the thousands of people throughout the world who have written, e-mailed, and called to express their support for me. Words cannot express how grateful I am and will always be.

All my life, I have been taught to take the high road, and never to dignify salacious or false accusations. And I have been taught never, never to lie. Not only do I never lie, I never respond to lies, no matter how vicious, no matter how hurtful.

I do trust my fans who can see through attempts at character assassination, and I do trust the essential fairness of the American public.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunshine Consultants
Ken Sunshine/Shawn Sachs, 212-691-2800

Julia1968
May 9th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Press Release Source: Sunshine Consultants

Statement of Paula Abdul
Friday May 6, 4:13 pm ET

NEW YORK, May 6, 2005--Firstly, let me express my deepest appreciation to the thousands of people throughout the world who have written, e-mailed, and called to express their support for me. Words cannot express how grateful I am and will always be.

All my life, I have been taught to take the high road, and never to dignify salacious or false accusations. And I have been taught never, never to lie. Not only do I never lie, I never respond to lies, no matter how vicious, no matter how hurtful.

I do trust my fans who can see through attempts at character assassination, and I do trust the essential fairness of the American public.

Sunshine Consultants
Ken Sunshine/Shawn Sachs, 212-691-2800

Very interesting.

The other day I watched Paula Abdul being interviewed on Entertainment Tonight (I think). Her entire reason for being interviewed was because the tabloid press was accusing her of drug/pill abuse. Abdul said she wanted to set the record straight that she has lived with a chronic illness, but has never abused any drug during treatment.

So, she is really not being consistent if she'll respond to the tabloid allegations in an interview with ET, but not respond to the allegations surrounding the American Idol contestant.

I think Paula Abdul has always been a positive influence since her career started with Janet Jackson as a choreographer. However, at some point, she'll be forced to admit or deny the American Idol allegations. Fox can't allow her to continue on the show unless she addresses it directly.

XaDavK_Kapri
May 9th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Well said Paula.

Rocketta
May 9th, 2005, 04:48 PM
hmmm, she always takes the high road huh? I wonder if she thought it was the high road when she was sleeping with Jackie Jackson and he got her the gig with his sister? hmm, I wonder if she thought she took the high road when she was named in his divorce as the person he was cheating with. :scratch: