PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Garner is three months pregnant

McAuley
May 9th, 2005, 06:12 AM
LOS ANGELES-- "Alias" star is expecting her first child, E! Online and E! News have confirmed.

Multiple sources close to Garner and beau Ben Affleck say the actress is three months along. News of the pregnancy comes just two weeks after several published reports claimed the couple were engaged.

According to E! Online columnist Ted Casablanca, Affleck flew Garner's kin from West Virginia to California in April for his leading lady's 33rd birthday party. The question subsequently was popped in private, Casablanca reported.

At the time Affleck's rep described said reports as "garbage." There was no immediate comment from either actor's camp Saturday on Garner's pregnancy or whether a ceremony was in the offing.

Despite having a baby on board, Garner is still keeping to her schedule this summer. Her next big-screen project, Columbia Pictures' romantic drama, "Catch and Release," begins its two-month shoot next week in Vancouver. The film costars Kevin Smith, Juliette Lewis and Timothy Olyphant and marks the directorial debut of "Erin Brockovich" screenwriter Susannah Grant.

But Garner's November due date could prove tricky for the "Alias" brain trust. While ABC's spy thriller is wrapped for the season (the finale airs May 25), the show has been picked up for the fall and is slated to resume production in July. Now, producers must decide how to deal with Garner's pregnancy, either by incorporating it into the show (remember, Sydney's eggs were harvested last season) or just try to hide it. Then again, considering the show's sky-high slinky outfit-to-episode ratio, a burgeoning belly would be hard to conceal. Further complicating matters, Garner performs most of her own stunts.

Affleck, 32, and Garner costarred on screen together before coupling off -- he was Daredevil to her Elektra in 2003's "Daredevil." He also cameoed with her in this year's "Elektra."

They finally went public with their much-rumored romance last fall at the World Series, when she was spotted snuggling Red Sox diehard Affleck at Boston's Fenway Park. Their pairing was alternately dubbed Garfleck and Bennifer II.

But unlike the original Bennifer tandem of Affleck and Jennifer Lopez, the all-new edition prefers to fly under the radar. The World Series appearance aside, Garner and Affleck have generally managed to eschew being photographed together at red-carpet events.

Garner was previously married to "Felicity" costar Scott Foley. They split in 2003, and their divorce was finalized in March 2004. They didn't have any children.

The never-wed Affleck previously was engaged to Lopez. That relationship ended with the scuttling of their September 2003 nuptials.

Mattographer
May 9th, 2005, 06:14 AM
No! :unsure:

-Kieron-
May 9th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Congrats I guess, I just hope this doesnt effect Alias too much! :)

nygirl
May 9th, 2005, 08:46 AM
*prepares self for a Bennifer II tabloid overload*

Poor kid, having Barfleck for a dad isn't something to be envious of. The guy is such a freaking frat boy and knocking up his gf is right up there with the Bennifer I debacle. I can't imagine this being a planned pregnancy. She's too career driven and they're starting shoots for Alias soon.

I can't see this lasting very long if they get married. I always thought Garner was far more into him than he was into her. She seemed to have a fangirl crush on the guy way back when they were doing Daredevil.

Let me be the first to call the divorce. Two years tops. I'm in a generous mood.

Keith
May 9th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I don't know why but this upsets me. How could anyone want to have Ben Affleck's baby - even if by accident?

Andy Mac
May 9th, 2005, 02:26 PM
:lol:

DunkMachine
May 9th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Alot of 15 year old boys must be committing suicide right about now.

roarke
May 9th, 2005, 02:53 PM
There is nothing wrong with Ben Affleck. Why shouldn't she want to have his baby. He seems to be a nice guy, attractive, rich even if he is not the best actor there is. There are worst turds in Hollywood than Ben. So his relationship with Lopez was recorded to it's detriment. Be more discerning! Stop accepting other's people's opinion as our own, even if it is the most popular one.

Rocketta
May 9th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I bet Jennifer I is mad as hell......he's doing all the things she wanted but with someone else. :tape:

kabuki
May 9th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Sydney pregnant with Vaughan's baby! :hearts:

lizchris
May 9th, 2005, 04:41 PM
If you live in the US, you had to check out the E Channel this weekend. They had a breaking news alret during the Howard Stern Show talking about her and I thought the woman died!

Keith
May 9th, 2005, 04:53 PM
But has this been confirmed by Jen or Ben? "Multiple sources" could mean two people. I don't know. I'm such a huge ALIAS fan, it's the only show on TV that I watch regularly and I just can't imagine Sydney Bristow kicking ass eight months preggo. Furthermore, children kill television shows. And then she is going to have to work her body back into shape so quickly. And this whole Ben thing still freaks me out.

Cariaoke
May 9th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Until it comes from Jen or Ben's mouth, this is a bunch of hooey. Sources could mean the set caterer.

I am an Alias fan, also but this is her personal life, if it is true. JJ can make it work and plus there's Nadia and she's capable of kicking ass. She is a Derevko, after all.

lizchris
May 9th, 2005, 05:14 PM
But has this been confirmed by Jen or Ben? "Multiple sources" could mean two people. I don't know. I'm such a huge ALIAS fan, it's the only show on TV that I watch regularly and I just can't imagine Sydney Bristow kicking ass eight months preggo. Furthermore, children kill television shows. And then she is going to have to work her body back into shape so quickly. And this whole Ben thing still freaks me out.

The fact that they have not denied that she is pregnant leads me to believe that the report is true. Remember, when model, Elizabeth Hurley was alleged to be pregnant, her spokesperson never acutally denied that she was and then a few weeks later, she announced that she was expecting a baby.

bigshow21
May 9th, 2005, 06:08 PM
:woohoo: Ben is my cousin(4th) and if he is going to get anyone pregnant, I am so happy it is Jennifer Garner. I love Alias and the writers and everyone affiliated with the show will know what to do. It will be ok...I hope it will be Sydney and Vaughn's!

Kart
May 9th, 2005, 06:42 PM
That's a relief. I was beginning to think she actually loved him :tape:.

Hopefully the little kid won't inherit its father's acting ability.

nygirl
May 9th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Hopefully the little kid won't inherit its father's acting ability.

Or it's father's enormous head.

DutchieGirl
May 9th, 2005, 11:34 PM
:eek: :sobbing: Hope it's not true, like the last time the brought this shit up!

Rocketta
May 10th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Or it's father's enormous head.

or it's dad's gambling issues...:unsure:

lizchris
May 10th, 2005, 12:40 AM
or it's dad's gambling issues...:unsure:

And his drinking.

shnit.
May 10th, 2005, 01:40 AM
And his drinking.
And his hairy back.

That's what they said. :p :lol:

beauty_is_pink
May 10th, 2005, 01:44 AM
oh Ben's hot! :drool:

DutchieGirl
May 10th, 2005, 01:50 AM

You need glasses! :p

beauty_is_pink
May 10th, 2005, 01:51 AM
You need glasses! :p
yeah I have them on right now :p :lol:

he was voted Sexiest Man Alive in People magazine one year... no complaints :worship: :lick: :tape:

Kart
May 10th, 2005, 04:59 PM

Welcome to the board Jennifer Garner !

Loved you in Labyrinth ;).

Infiniti2001
May 10th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Oh , so they were having sex ?? Shocking :o

PaulieM
May 10th, 2005, 06:22 PM
ben is pretty good looking, he's better looking than most men you see walking down the street, but who in hollywood isn't. :rolleyes: he was better looking during the whole Bennifer episode I deal, when he dressed more metro and less like a frat guy. i don't really like Bennifer episode II, they're a pretty boring couple, so much less drama than with j-lo and the whole gigli fiasco. somewhere in L.A J-lo is PISSED!! and mark definitely is not getting laid, or wait maybe he is, perhaps j-lo's in overdrive, she needs to have a baby to compete:tape:

Dawn Marie
May 10th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Why do career women get knocked up during their careers? Take time off plan the pregnancy for christ sakes.

I hope the baby has her looks. You know, I think they make a better couple than Ben and Jen part 1 though. I think cause J-Lo seems like she is more into the social life and all. where as Ben enjoys sports. He likes his women imho to be sorta tom boyish.

Anyway in two years, Marc,Jen, Jen and Ben will be all 4 divorced. rotf.:)

SelesFan70
May 10th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I'm sure Matt Damon is mad since I'm sure HE wanted Ben's baby :o I've never watched that show she's on, but good luck to them! :D

beauty_is_pink
May 10th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the board Jennifer Garner !

Loved you in Labyrinth ;).
Thanks for the welcome and compliment Kart :kiss:
I will keep you in mind when we name our baby ;) :rolls:

DemWilliamsGulls
May 10th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Can somebody remind me Thursday to not give a damn that Jennifer Garner is pregnant.

mandy7
May 11th, 2005, 06:15 AM
awww, they'll have pretty kiddies :p

nygirl
May 11th, 2005, 06:27 AM
ben is pretty good looking, he's better looking than most men you see walking down the street, but who in hollywood isn't. :rolleyes: he was better looking during the whole Bennifer episode I deal, when he dressed more metro and less like a frat guy. i don't really like Bennifer episode II, they're a pretty boring couple, so much less drama than with j-lo and the whole gigli fiasco. somewhere in L.A J-lo is PISSED!! and mark definitely is not getting laid, or wait maybe he is, perhaps j-lo's in overdrive, she needs to have a baby to compete:tape:

J.Ho is far too selfish to have a child, I can't ever see her becoming a mum. I recently read an article in which she said that she and the Corpse were going to wait for a few more years before they think of children. She must already be in her late thirties (despite her saying she's only 33) so if they wait a few more years it will be very hard for her to get pregnant.

nygirl
May 11th, 2005, 06:28 AM
And his hairy back.

And his strippers :haha: