PDA

View Full Version : Which is WORST in today's society?

skanky~skanketta
May 8th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Teenage Pregnancies, obesity or violence?

tennislover
May 8th, 2005, 02:15 PM
violence
intollerance

ivanovic
May 8th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Religion

Mattographer
May 8th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Violence, of course.

Marcus1979
May 8th, 2005, 02:27 PM
violence definately

andrew_uk
May 8th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Violence is obviously - teenage pregnancies need to be reduced but they are not destructive towards society, and they do not threaten or intimidate other people.

Obesity can be controlled by leisure activities and nutritional measures (obviously not in all cases though).

:) :wavey:

Wigglytuff
May 8th, 2005, 02:48 PM
rape and child molestation.

skanky~skanketta
May 8th, 2005, 03:22 PM
rape and child molestation.

i should have added that, but i think it goes under violence. girl, i'm sorry if i reminded u of anything,.

divya
May 8th, 2005, 03:27 PM
obesity, because its a crisis issue around the world. and its hard for those who are indeed obese to start losing weight. medically, its harder for fat people to reproduce, so it could have an effect on world population.

Pamela Shriver
May 8th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Giraffe cruelty

-Kieron-
May 8th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Violence

jimbo mack
May 8th, 2005, 06:33 PM
obesity is a pretty serious issue now, and its getting worse

doctors are predicting a huge increase in people being diagnosed with diabetes over the next 10 years due to so many people being obese.

teenage pregnancy is bad too. children are not being brought up properly cuz their mothers are still children themselves, hence the violence and more obesity due to poor upbringings

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2005, 06:33 PM
obesity, because its a crisis issue around the world. and its hard for those who are indeed obese to start losing weight. medically, its harder for fat people to reproduce, so it could have an effect on world population.
hmm... that's interesting because a lot of women I know who are obese (probably due to the inability to lose weight during their first pregnancy) seem to be pretty fertile. :) True, obesity can cause irregular periods due to the estrogen that excess fat releases which tricks the body into thinking it isn't time to shed the uterine lining which leads to other problems but this can happen to women who are too skinny or women who are at the "right" weight.

I think people deciding not to have children, regardless of their weight, is the real reason why birth rates are declining.

Back to the original question, violence is an increasing problem. It used to be you could have an argument and the worst that could happen was a fist fight. Now, you don't know who's strapped.

jimbo mack
May 8th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Obesity as a problem is a bit exagerated... Sure a lot of people have an excess of weight which isn't good, but there aren't that many obese people. There are far more important problems than that.

no it isnt, there are very many obese people

and obesity leads to other long term health problems

jimbo mack
May 8th, 2005, 06:46 PM
being overweight doesn't necessary mean you'll have health problems related to your excess of weight.

overweight people are more at risks of strokes, breathing problems, diabetes and heart disease (as well as smokers, drinkers, and people who dont exercise)

Pengwin
May 8th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Obesity - this is the first generation of Britons that have a lower life expectancy than their parents.

jimbo mack
May 8th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Stats are bullshit, according to the BMI thing I was overweight. :retard: There are people who see me who think I'm too skinny, so the BMI thing is complete bullshit. It doesn't take into consideration what kind of body you have. According to the same BMI thing, muscular people are considered as "obese" because muscles weight a lot. Most people don't know what are their % of fat, so the BMI system is being used, and it's not a good system.

i'm a nurse, not a doctor

stats are not bullshit

i wasnt even referring to the BMI system. you can tell people who are overweight just by looking at their stomachs or arses

because there are so many overweight people, health problems are likely to occur or increase as a result. thats a fact

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 8th, 2005, 07:25 PM
definitely violence

Jakeev
May 8th, 2005, 08:00 PM
You are talking globally right?

Kart
May 8th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Prejudice.

I don't think obesity measures up against violence as a major issue.

ics_seitan
May 8th, 2005, 09:07 PM
violence, of course. and intolerance/prejudice like other people said.

calling teen pregnancy and obesity huge problems is just another way for people to demonize women, even though men are just as much "at fault" for both.

OUT!
May 8th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Violence

Hot 92 Jamz
May 9th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Violence!!!

How many atrocities does it take for people to see the futility of war?

CanadianBoy21
May 9th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Obesity is getting worse. & it's a serious issue.
it's not nly north american issue either. I read somewhere I while back that European children are getting bigger too.
I for one don't have any pity whatsoever. I make sure to run everyday and do other activities. The common excuse it that people are too busy to exercise. But if people are too busy how come they have so much time to eat all the junk food and get so big? For some people it's not laziness, but their matabolism digest slower, etc... but for a lot of people it's just pure laziness.
Violence is obviously at the top. I've been through a war so I know that nothing compares to violence. But I voed obesity because in Canada it's everywhere.

per4ever
May 9th, 2005, 12:52 PM
if you talk about something in TODAY's society, I would say Obesity as it is a problem of these times. There has always been violence and there will always be violence.. Violence is such a general term :shrug:

Vincent
May 9th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Racial discrimination and violence.

daniela86
May 9th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Any kind of violence and poverty (in the world, more than 1 000 000 000 persons live with less than 1 dollar per day :sad: ) with its consequences: hunger,diseases,unalphabetisation etc...

PointBlank
May 9th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Israelis. :p

Ok seriously since I live in Israel and we have high obesity rates and violence out the ass probably those.

beauty_is_pink
May 9th, 2005, 11:54 PM
I say violence

Shonami Slam
May 10th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Bush.

oh, yeah, sorry.
violence is a cheat. it includes way more than the very specific teenage pregnancy and the life-style problems of obeseness.
so obviously, violence is the worst. rape+muder+abuse> mostly anything.

Equinox
May 10th, 2005, 09:17 AM
obesity :rolleyes:

Belgium = Best
May 12th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Violence!

roarke
May 12th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Teenage pregnancy is on the down trend presently.
Violence, racism, poverty, diseases, obesity, greed (in all it's forms), selfishness and many other ills are on the rise.

manu32
May 13th, 2005, 05:00 PM
war