PDA

View Full Version : Jill Craybas cheering thread!

Paldias
May 8th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Jill will be looking for more and more points as she only has four points from now until Birmingham (3 1st Round losses - 2 Roland Garros, 1 Rome, 1 Strasbourg). If Jill can pick up some wins she'll really be able to move up the Rankings and possibly give herself better draws in the future.

Jill faces No. 8 seed Martina Sucha - who is having a tough time on the clay (double-bagelled by Ana Ivanovic in Warsaw). Jill leads 1:0 in their head-to-head, however, they last played on Hard Court, and this is Clay Court so it should be much different.

Good luck Jill! :D

marsha
May 9th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Jill will be looking for more and more points as she only has four points from now until Birmingham (3 1st Round losses - 2 Roland Garros, 1 Rome, 1 Strasbourg). If Jill can pick up some wins she'll really be able to move up the Rankings and possibly give herself better draws in the future. Jill faces No. 8 seed Martina Sucha - who is having a tough time on the clay (double-bagelled by Ana Ivanovic in Warsaw). Jill leads 1:0 in their head-to-head, however, they last played on Hard Court, and this is Clay Court so it should be much different. Good luck Jill! :D

Hey Chubin -- thanks for this thread (you may have noticed, not really a ton of Craybas fans regularly show up here! *LOL*)

I do know Jill pretty well (she played her college ball here in Gainesville, FL, then sold real estate here for a while before turning pro). She is a really REALLY nice person and I think if more people get to know her a little, more fans will appear! :)

How does a Canadian even know of her?

Paldias
May 9th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Hey Chubin -- thanks for this thread (you may have noticed, not really a ton of Craybas fans regularly show up here! *LOL*)

I do know Jill pretty well (she played her college ball here in Gainesville, FL, then sold real estate here for a while before turning pro). She is a really REALLY nice person and I think if more people get to know her a little, more fans will appear! :)

How does a Canadian even know of her?

Well she came to Canada, in '03, maybe? Well anyway she faced off vs. Drake won and made this really really nice speech about Canadians after the match. Ever since then I've always liked her!

Go Jill! :D

Ellery
May 10th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Congrats, Jill, for defeating Martina!

CooCooCachoo
May 10th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Well done Jill :hug: :) Good luck in the next round :)

marsha
May 11th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Great job taking out the 8th seed there, Jill!

Today's match will be tough (Yoon-Jeong defeated Daniilidou after all) but we know you can do it and rise up in that ranking! :)

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Jill!!!!!!

marsha
May 11th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Yahoo! She did it!!!!!

Jill Craybas (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/164) def. Yoon-Jeong Cho (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/70), 7-5, 6-4

Anyone know who she plays next? [gotta be someone pretty good! :( ]

Paldias
May 11th, 2005, 10:56 PM
:yeah: Congrats Jill! :D Second CLAY Quarterfinal of the year! Great stuff :D

marsha
May 14th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Chubin (or anyone) -- How many points will she get for making the quarterfinals here?