PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a tatto? Please help...

The Last Unicorn
May 8th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Hi there, does anybody have a nice idea for a tattoo? I want to have my inner ankle tattooed. But I just can't decide, what kind of motive I want. I think I'd either like a dragon or a tribal. Aynbody got a link for me or even pics? What do have as a tattoo?

exoneuk
May 8th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Ahhhhh... make sure you want one 120%!

Rightio, have a look here: www.tattoosathome.net (http://www.tattoosathome.net) - Look at some of the tribal pics on there - VERY nice ones there. I would suggest a monochrome one rather than a full out colour one. Full out colour ones don't look that nice IMO (don't kill me if you have a colour one!)

I have a star within a sun (self-designed) on my shoulderblade. Sometimes I want another one but... I dunno...

I'd quite like one that spread across my shoulder blades, but that means covering up the one I currently have.

Wigglytuff
May 8th, 2005, 03:25 PM
i want my name in another language

Shonami Slam
May 8th, 2005, 11:53 PM
well - my idea is crazed and extreme but i want to do it someday, when i dedicate myself completly.
a poem.
complete poem, in dark, black letters in some beautiful writing.
personally, i wanted something in hebrew but you can do it in english or any other language as well.
it hurts as hell, so i'm told.

Snuffkin
May 9th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Have the word 'MOM' done backwards to show you're a rebel.

Hulet
May 9th, 2005, 12:10 AM
How about a unicorn - since you are apparently the last one. ;)

alexusjonesfan
May 9th, 2005, 12:43 AM
umm...if you're not sure about what kind of tattoo to get...maybe you shouldn't get one :unsure: It's gonna be there forever :p

~ The Leopard ~
May 9th, 2005, 01:02 AM
I'm with Hulet. A small unicorn in that popular tattoo spot on one side of your abdomen, level with your hips so it shows in a bikini or low jeans. Hmmmm, that's assuming you're female. If you're male put it on one of your buttocks.

RVD
May 9th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Slightly off topic but...
...how does one decide where to put a tattoo?
Most people hide them, or place them where no one can see it. I mean, what's the point if you get something artistic and ceative, wouldn't you want to display it? :confused:

~ The Leopard ~
May 9th, 2005, 01:30 AM
^ I see that he or she is talking about inner ankle. That does seem like an odd place. Outer ankle I could understand.

Sonja
May 9th, 2005, 01:33 AM

That's a cool idea!

Wigglytuff
May 9th, 2005, 02:32 AM
That's a cool idea!

here it is. i hope it comes out ok.
http://img174.echo.cx/img174/1723/kariaweb1dy.jpg

~CANUCK~
May 9th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Slightly off topic but...
...how does one decide where to put a tattoo?
Most people hide them, or place them where no one can see it. I mean, what's the point if you get something artistic and ceative, wouldn't you want to display it? :confused:

i have one on my arm, and no one ever sees it. I didn't get it to show it off to everyone. I got it coz it meant something to me. If people see it then its fine, but its not there for others, its there for me :wavey:

~CANUCK~
May 9th, 2005, 04:42 AM
It's like people who say they want to lose weight for themselves.

LIES!
bagel you have seen my tat, do you really think i want everyone to see that in this province, i would be shot :p

~CANUCK~
May 9th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Deservedly so!
thx bitch :lol:

AjdeNate!
May 9th, 2005, 05:21 AM
I want my name in Hebrew on my leg, and a Maori warrior tribal art on my left arm. And something.... not sure... on my left hip. Something big and bold.

RVD
May 9th, 2005, 05:55 AM
It's like people who say they want to lose weight for themselves.

LIES!:haha: Too true!
Like those girls who get those huge tatts at the base of their backs and then covers them up, so that their boyfriends (of the moment) can read it while doggying. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/focking.gif :lol:
I'll tell ya what. If I'm back der, you can best bet it won't be for the decoration and reading material. :devil: ;)

Sam L
May 9th, 2005, 11:35 AM
:haha: Too true!
Like those girls who get those huge tatts at the base of their backs and then covers them up, so that their boyfriends (of the moment) can read it while doggying. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/focking.gif :lol:
I'll tell ya what. If I'm back der, you can best bet it won't be for the decoration and reading material. :devil: ;)
I'm thinking about getting one at the base of my back and also in the pubic area. :lol:

The Last Unicorn
May 12th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Thank you guys for sharing!

Scotso
May 12th, 2005, 09:07 AM
I'm getting the Viking furtility rune tattooed on my ankle ;)

I'm sure anything would be sexy on you.

Huntress555
May 12th, 2005, 09:19 AM
I wanna tattoo when I turn 18, ! I hope I dont chicken out though lol

Still deciding on what to get...!

The Last Unicorn
May 12th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Scott, aww, so sweet... :kiss:

controlfreak
May 12th, 2005, 10:52 AM

Well in French you would be "Le Jiglipooofe"

controlfreak
May 12th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Or in German, "Das Dschigglichverkeitlichsaufgangsgepufft"

controlfreak
May 12th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Yes, I am talking out of my ass....

*Jool*
May 12th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Tribal animals like tortles, dolphins, lizards ,etc are most of the time really nice , or tikkis ( maori masks)

Also ; I once had an idea but just won't do it :lol: : something in Japanses or Chinese along my ear on the skull

greenfunkTHREE.
May 12th, 2005, 12:29 PM
i want to get a tattoo like a barcode. going vertically across the forearms. what do you all think?

Wigglytuff
May 12th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Well in French you would be "Le Jiglipooofe"
Or in German, "Das Dschigglichverkeitlichsaufgangsgepufft"
:spit: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
you have issues!!

Snuffkin
May 12th, 2005, 02:14 PM
i want to get a tattoo like a barcode. going vertically across the forearms. what do you all think?

A friend of a friend actually got the barcode for a bottle of Smirnoff on the back of his neck. His party trick was to get it scanned at a supermarket.

rightous
May 12th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Hey what about some of these

http://www.gallowayglass.com/CELTIC.JPG

SelesFan70
May 12th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Get a knife or a dagger tattoed on your back for all the times someone will stab you there! :o

kabuki
May 12th, 2005, 03:28 PM
umm...if you're not sure about what kind of tattoo to get...maybe you shouldn't get one :unsure: It's gonna be there forever :p

:lol: exactly.

And trendy tats are the worst.

The Last Unicorn
May 12th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Actually I know all that, I mean, I'm 26 and I've been thinking a lot about this already. I Have something in mind but before getting one I just wanted to see, if somebody would come up with sth. that I would like even more. That would have made me rethink my decision.

kabuki
May 12th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Actually I know all that, I mean, I'm 26 and I've been thinking a lot about this already. I Have something in mind but before getting one I just wanted to see, if somebody would come up with sth. that I would like even more. That would have made me rethink my decision.

Cool. Unsolicited, here are my personal rules.

1. No names except Mom
2. No tribal/celtic (sorry) of any form unless it has specific, special meaning for you
3. No sea-life anywhere on your stomach or groin
4. Either Black only, or many colors. No two or three tone mess.
5. Yes to symbology or script
6. Yes to wildlife except for in case listed above
7. Yes to Japanese or Thai tats
8. Don't ever allow a tat artist to talk you into a bird with a letter in it's mouth.

alexusjonesfan
May 12th, 2005, 03:46 PM
and don't get one that's about to become popular and really take off. My friend has to keep explaining his kanji tattoo as "but I got it in '95 when it wasn't popular" :lol:

kabuki
May 12th, 2005, 03:53 PM
and don't get one that's about to become popular and really take off. My friend has to keep explaining his kanji tattoo as "but I got it in '95 when it wasn't popular" :lol:

Like those stupid piercings I got (and subsequently took out) back in the day. :o

alexusjonesfan
May 12th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Like those stupid piercings I got (and subsequently took out) back in the day. :o

piercings are good like that. :p

kabuki
May 12th, 2005, 03:57 PM
piercings are good like that. :p

Hey, at least I never got those gold teeth/grills. :p

alexusjonesfan
May 12th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Hey, at least I never got those gold teeth/grills. :p

I wanted to get an Om tattoo on my lower back but decided not to for 2 reasons:
1. Hindi is the new Kanji apparently (Thank you David Beckham :mad: )
2. I'm not that religious and as fickle as I am, I'd hate it in a few weeks :o

kabuki
May 12th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I wanted to get an Om tattoo on my lower back but decided not to for 2 reasons:
1. Hindi is the new Kanji apparently (Thank you David Beckham :mad: )
2. I'm not that religious and as fickle as I am, I'd hate it in a few weeks :o

Well I guess that rules out a Kabbalah tat like Britney got. :haha: :sad:

Wigglytuff
May 12th, 2005, 04:04 PM
:topic: some people like to post things like "make sure you know want you it, its forever you know", we got it tattoos are forever, thanks for the newsflash. stop posting that comment.

ANYWAY, back to the topic, i think the barcode is cool, but with a tattoo like that its all about the placement. the first thing that popped into my mind was in the back of the neck, or under the foot (OUCH). places one would expect to find a barcode if people had barcodes. i dont think places like the breast, groin area, or arm are barcode type places. but thats just my thinking.

kabuki, i understand your rules (though i dont argee with them all, i do understand them) but the one i dont get is the sea life on your stomach or groin area one? where does that come from?

alexusjonesfan
May 12th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Well I guess that rules out a Kabbalah tat like Britney got. :haha: :sad:

well that and the fact that I'm not even remotely Jewish :p

One of my friends got the first dozen or so digits of pi on his wrist. Now that's meaningful and unique ;)

kabuki
May 12th, 2005, 04:09 PM
kabuki, i understand your rules (though i dont argee with them all, i do understand them) but the one i dont get is the sea life on your stomach or groin area one? where does that come from?

Never seen a girl with a dolphin on her stomach get fat or preggers and end up with a beluga whale on her gut, eh? :scared:

kabuki
May 12th, 2005, 04:12 PM
well that and the fact that I'm not even remotely Jewish :p

One of my friends got the first dozen or so digits of pi on his wrist. Now that's meaningful and unique ;)

Especially since in Kaballah, tats are forbidden. :haha:

I actually thought about getting the golden ratio on the inside of my arm.

And then I thought again.

alexusjonesfan
May 12th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Reminder: tattooes are forever. Like... You'll still have them in 20 years! 30 years! Forever!

F O R E V E R!!!!

Wigglytuff
May 12th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Never seen a girl with a dolphin on her stomach get fat or preggers and end up with a beluga whale on her gut, eh? :scared:
no i cant say that i have, but that would be truamatic.

Wigglytuff
May 12th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Reminder: tattooes are forever. Like... You'll still have them in 20 years! 30 years! Forever!
:yawn: :yawn:

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Cool. Unsolicited, here are my personal rules.

1. No names except Mom
2. No tribal/celtic (sorry) of any form unless it has specific, special meaning for you
3. No sea-life anywhere on your stomach or groin
4. Either Black only, or many colors. No two or three tone mess.
5. Yes to symbology or script
6. Yes to wildlife except for in case listed above
7. Yes to Japanese or Thai tats
8. Don't ever allow a tat artist to talk you into a bird with a letter in it's mouth.

whats wrong with two toned. My tat is black and red does that make me uncool now :sad:

kabuki
May 12th, 2005, 06:13 PM
whats wrong with two toned. My tat is black and red does that make me uncool now :sad:

I am certainly not the appointed arbiter of cool. :lol:

kiwifan
May 12th, 2005, 06:22 PM
There are certain people in Los Angeles who have tattoos on their back (just below the shoulder blade); its a red/orange star with a green border around the star.

I've seen several Model/Actress/Waitresses and himbos with this tattoo.

Anyone know if this tattoo means anything?

Shonami Slam
May 13th, 2005, 02:50 AM
i want to write something very idiotic perhaps.
"evrybody hates me" or "nobody loves me".
i want to write "field whore" all over my chest.
i want to write "homosexuals are gay" too.
maybe "N00b!" or "STFUPLZK10X"
maybe just "B-5477".
OH I KNOW!
i want the complete table of elements on my chest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

(i'm going broke here, maybe it'll be appealing to someone in the world)

alexusjonesfan
May 13th, 2005, 05:10 AM
one guy I know has the chinese character for 'meat' on his left pec. He's a bottom :tape:

Pamela Shriver
May 13th, 2005, 09:16 AM
A great tattoo would be: "A Giraffe is For Life And Not Just For Tennis"

I'd like "I Luv Georges" on my arm.

greenfunkTHREE.
May 13th, 2005, 08:28 PM
A friend of a friend actually got the barcode for a bottle of Smirnoff on the back of his neck. His party trick was to get it scanned at a supermarket.

then did he get scanned? :lol:

greenfunkTHREE.
May 13th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that you'll have your tatoo for the rest of your life.

So I would avoid retarded JackAss tattooes that you might find cool now, but not really in 20 years.

i know! i smiley on your palm. or on the middle finger, so when you point the middle finger at someone, that person sees a smiley face. HAHA! :lol: