PDA

View Full Version : Telecom Italia Masters Rome

sebbe
May 7th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Mary's draw....

I can't say that I'm happy with this draw. But Mary can certainly do great things on court so you never know.

----------------------------------------

Maria Sharapova vs bye
Alina Jidkova vs Medina Garrigue
Mary Pierce vs Shuai Peng
Qualifier vs Daniela Hantuchova

Elena Bovina vs Mashona Washington
Denisa Chladkova vs Roberta Vincin
Karolina Sprem vs Paola Suarez
Svetlana Kuznetsova vs bye

Elena Dementieva vs bye
Gesila Dulko vs Qualifier
Evgenia Linetskaya vs Tathiana Garbin
Flavia Pennetta vs Shinobu Asagoe

Tatiana Golovin vs Ana Ivanovic
Anna Chakvetdze vs Qualifier
Antonella Zanetti vs Anna-Lena Groenefeld
Patty Schnyder vs bye

Vera Zvonareva vs bye
Dally Randriantefy vs Jelena Jankovic
Na Li vs Qualifier
Maria Elena Caremin vs Nathalie Dechy

Ai Sugiyama vs Magdalena Maleeva
Maria Vento Kabchi vs Virginie Rozzano
Meghann Shaughnessy vs Francessca Schiavone
Serena Williams vs bye

Nadia Petrova vs bye
Fabiola Zualuaga vs Qualifier
Conchita Martinez vs Qualifier
Anna Smashnova vs Elena Likhovtseva

Silvia Farina Elia vs Maria Kirilenko
Nathalie Vierin vs Qualifier
Samathan Stosur vs Qualifier
Amelie Mauresmo vs bye

MaryPierceFan
May 7th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Why aren't You happy? Mary just can't have such great draws like in her previous starts. Daniela isn't in form. Are You worried about the Chinnese? Ya know, if we'll be worried about that kind of players...
And about Maria: it was showed in Berlin that she isn't such a good player on clay. She isn't very smart on the surface. She just hit as much as she can every ball. She moves horrible, especially around the net and to dropshots. Fast surfaces are a different story but on clay, Ya know, if Mary wants to be high again in Grand Slams she should win the match. If not, I don't think she has any chances at RG. For sure on tour there are many more good players better than Maria. For me she isn't a favourite. She still has to learn a lot how to play on clay.

NicoMary
May 7th, 2005, 01:41 PM
First mary has to play...she is still not sure...if she...this is a good draw:worship:

Declan
May 7th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah, could be worse. Peng and Hantuchova shouldn't pose a real threat if Mary's recent form is maintained. I have to say, I'm SO fed up of Mary playing the very top ranked players in the 3rd round of every tournament, but Sharapova on clay is certainly not unbeatable.

Wizzy Maryfan
May 7th, 2005, 10:18 PM
So sad if Mary won't be able to enjoy such a draw

Peng is not an easy player to beat, you know, Mary hates this kind of little player who run a lot without hitting ... But, then, hantuchova is a really good opponent, Mary is so much batter than Daniela is !

Next, it doesn't matter ...

Roh so sad if she's injured :sad:

Frenchragazzo
May 7th, 2005, 10:42 PM
I hope she will able to play. I'm in Rome this year, and I want to see Mary !!! It would be the first time. :)
I'll be there to encourage her :bounce: :bounce: .

GOOOOOOO Mary !! :wavey:

MaryPierceFan
May 8th, 2005, 10:29 AM
So sad if Mary won't be able to enjoy such a draw

Peng is not an easy player to beat, you know, Mary hates this kind of little player who run a lot without hitting ... But, then, hantuchova is a really good opponent, Mary is so much batter than Daniela is !

Next, it doesn't matter ...

Roh so sad if she's injured :sad:

Is Mary injured again? I've never heard about it. What is it again?

Ya know, I don't think that Peng is the type of player like Sugiyama or Suarez. I saw her in Berlin vs Sharapova.
She hits the ball really hard and she doesn't move well. She is a power-hitter, not a defensive player, in my opinion.

MaryPierceFan
May 8th, 2005, 10:31 AM
First mary has to play...she is still not sure...if she...this is a good draw:worship:

Is Mary injured? If yes, what type of injury is it?

Aticar
May 8th, 2005, 12:14 PM
In double, Mary will play with Kuznetsova.
They'll face Kirilenko/Medina Garrigues.
And maybe in second round the number 1 team Ruano Pascual/Suarez.
Our team will be very difficult to beat when we know the power and talent they got.

Aticar
May 8th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Sorry I'm wrong.
In fact they will face in first round Chladkova/Gagliardi
and maybe in second Hantuchova/Suchiyama or Testud/Vinci.

mamno_MARYFAN
May 8th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Jeez...Daniela's in the same draw as Mary's...my ultimate 2 favourite players....:eek:

Gosh...I don't know what to say...but of course I want Mary to win...and there's Sharapova to consider as well....

Oh well...I hope that Mary's gonna take it match by match...and in each match focus on what she does best...hit HARD and DOMINATE!!!....:angel:

Maybe miracles can happen...anyway I'm always gonna cheer for Mary....!!!:bounce:

GO MARY!!!!!:bounce:

morbidangle
May 8th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Its an average draw, first two rounds are winnable, and Sharapova is tough, but on clay Mary has a good chance. GOod luck Mary!
Now, if Mary was injured in Berlin, why is she playing doubles again? and when was the last time Mary played a singles and a doubles match in one day, and came back to win her singles match the next day. Only once this year, I think... I love to see Mary in doubles, but please Mary atleast try a week without doubles and see how it goes. Last week is a perfect example, she plays two matches on wednesday... comes out on thursday against an opponent she beat easily in their last 2 encounters, and makes more UE's than her last matches. I mean c'mon, its not just a coincidence!

morbidangle
May 8th, 2005, 09:12 PM
BTW, Mary/Kuznetsova should be a good doubles team!

Mark Spruce
May 9th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Go Mary

But do not play if you don't feel 100 %, I do want you to miss out on the best tournament of the year.

Cool doubles partner

Mark

sebbe
May 9th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Not on centre court :o

PALLACORDA COURT - 1:00 PM
Women's Singles - First Round
Tathiana GARBIN (ITA) vs Evgenia Linetskaya (RUS)
Mara SANTANGELO (ITA) vs Fabiola Zuluaga (COL)
Mary Pierce (FRA) vs Shuai Peng (CHN)
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) vs Sanda Mamic (CRO)

saby
May 9th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I don't like this first round, it sound like a trap

rsunderji
May 9th, 2005, 09:00 PM
does anyone know the official website of the tournament where we can see live scoring? having trouble finding it online

sebbe
May 9th, 2005, 09:36 PM
does anyone know the official website of the tournament where we can see live scoring? having trouble finding it online

www.telecomitaliamasters.it

Mark Spruce
May 10th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I do not like traps they hurt.

Thanks for the link Sebbe

Mark

rsunderji
May 10th, 2005, 03:31 PM
thanks for that link :)

rsunderji
May 10th, 2005, 03:33 PM
hey, its on right now! marie with the early break!

sebbe
May 10th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Mary has won the first 10 points of the match

lizzymarie
May 10th, 2005, 03:47 PM
yes :bounce: mary is leading 4:1
GO Mary

isaboulou
May 11th, 2005, 12:41 AM
oh no Mary will play on Court 6 (from 13.00hrs)
1. Sugiyama vs. Vento-Kabchi
2. Pierce vs. Mamic

the match won't be at the tv, i think there are no camera to film the match because is not the central court

Allez Mary i wish you a good match, a good fun and a beautiful win
I thank you Mary for the lot of fun that you give me for 12 years

Mark Spruce
May 11th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Best of luck to you Mary.

I know that you can do it !!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

NicoMary
May 11th, 2005, 08:22 AM
mary has severely lost her last match against Mamic.... so a pretty tough match match for mary....

We will see

Andy.
May 11th, 2005, 01:29 PM
She's ready for revenge she will win

Mary's 1st Fan
May 11th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Mary leads 5/3 and 40:40 on Mamic serve but it seems that the match is over since the score is not moving since a few minutes...
Who knows about it?

rsunderji
May 11th, 2005, 02:19 PM
mary won the first set 6-4 and tied 1-1 in second, on serve

rsunderji
May 11th, 2005, 03:00 PM
mary just won 6-4 6-4, congrats, bring on maria

Aticar
May 11th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Bad and good news int he same time : Mary won't play double tournament 'cause Kuzny is injured.

Mary's 1st Fan
May 11th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Maybe it's better, She needs to rest

sebbe
May 11th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Yeah i agree about the doublematch... better for Mary to rest

morbidangle
May 11th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Finally! Sad for Kuzzy, but yay Mary, now concentrate on singles.. you'll win tomorrow!

Mark Spruce
May 11th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Oh it in way that is good that she will not play double. hey when Mary gets past Sharapova the draw is open.

but one match at a time

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
May 12th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Oh it in way that is good that she will not play double. hey when Mary gets past Sharapova the draw is open.

but one match at a time

Mark

I agree mark...one match at a time...:angel:

If there ever was a time perfectly set up for Mary to beat Sharapova then this is it...I think Mary knows this...Mary has won here before...I hope Mary will be able to handle the pressure and relax...just do the job!!!!!:angel:

Come On Mary!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

boffaloraa
May 12th, 2005, 11:23 AM
My Rome pictures! :) Mary was so nice in Rome, at the end of her match she signs every single autograph requested...I was shocked by her kindness :worship:

http://img213.echo.cx/img213/6295/dscf17590kw.th.jpg (http://img213.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf17590kw.jpg)http://img213.echo.cx/img213/7556/dscf17622qb.th.jpg (http://img213.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf17622qb.jpg)http://img213.echo.cx/img213/1545/dscf17403hx.th.jpg (http://img213.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf17403hx.jpg)http://img213.echo.cx/img213/3026/dscf17394yn.th.jpg (http://img213.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf17394yn.jpg)

Mark Spruce
May 12th, 2005, 01:16 PM
I hope so.

Lets hope that Mary is in a focused mood and read to hit those lines

Mark

I agree mark...one match at a time...:angel:

If there ever was a time perfectly set up for Mary to beat Sharapova then this is it...I think Mary knows this...Mary has won here before...I hope Mary will be able to handle the pressure and relax...just do the job!!!!!:angel:

Come On Mary!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: