PDA

View Full Version : Kim won't be playing Fed Cup

Mazza
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:27 PM
."It seems that Kim won't be playing Fed Cup according to this report/article on the Lleytonland msg board..

Bad news for Belgium though: Kim will not play Fed Cup (Belgium- Australia April 27 and 28) after all. Earlier in Miami, Kim had told a Belgian public radio station that she would play if her arm would be good enough. Unfortunately it seems not. Kim came back home to Bree (Belgium) at the beginning of this week. Her dad told Belgian press the following: " Kim loves to play Fed Cup but her own career comes first. Kim had to take a painkiller against the pain in her arm to be able to play Seles in Miami. Luckily she felt no reactions after that match. However, the treatment of her injury is a priority. Kim is following a specific training program in this regard. She can't serve right now." `Each day she is resting is a day that will help her' is the current opinion. Her dad describes the strategy as follows: "The objective is to remain as high as possible on the rankings while playing a minimum of matches. She has a bye in the first round in Berlin. This tourney will start the week after the Fed Cup weekend. In order to play the tie against Australia in Belgium, Kim will have to start preparing 4 to 5 days in advance. So we won't do that then." Kim will get another scan by dr. De Clercq in Antwerp on Friday. A new evaluation of her injury will be made based on these results. In the middle of next week she will leave Bree again. Kim's dad said: "She will travel together with Lleyton, who is going to prepare himself in Monte Carlo for the tournament that will commence on April 15

angele87
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:50 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Painkillers :eek: :eek:

Poor Kimmie :sad:

FroggyLight
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:02 AM
Kimmy :sad:

per4ever
Apr 5th, 2002, 06:52 AM
:sad:but Justine will play :)

carot
Apr 5th, 2002, 09:41 AM
We can't blame Kim for not playing, I'm sure she'd like to see it different too.

Hope the injury evolves in a positive way for her. :)

BelgianGirl
Apr 5th, 2002, 09:42 AM
According to the vtv-website it's still not sure Kim won't play!
They say : "Kim was tested by doctor De Clercq Thursday and had a good result: there's a good evolution in the healing process of shoulder and upperarm. Kim is allowed to change her planning and possibly play more than scheduled. The first two weeks she will stay non-active en leaves to Monte Carlo with Lleyton. The decision of playing/not playing fedcup will probably be made this weekend!"

So, it seems that her injury is healing quite good, that's good news! :)

Justinator
Apr 5th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Oh, seems like you beat me ;)

gokimmie
Apr 5th, 2002, 07:33 PM
I'm so confused..........
I would understand and would not be too dissapointed if she doesn't play fed cup,but i really really hope the news about her injurie is good!,it would be great if she could make such progress that soon!

BelgianGirl
Apr 5th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Yes, I did, Justinator! ;)
btw I like your avatar! It's Justine and Olivier isn't it? There are lots of cute pictures of these two as kids. :)
Does anyone have a pic of Xavier as a little kid?

Justinator
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:27 PM
Yes, you're right. It's Justine and Olivier. :) I don't remember seeing any pictures of Xavier as a kid. Too bad, I'm sure he was a cutie already then ;)

Justinator
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:46 PM
I've found a pic of Xavier, from 1994

http://www3.rtbf.be/rtbf_2000/objects/article/0/0/5/3/5/0053519_article/pic5.jpg?1011724564

2ace2
Apr 6th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Hehehe, nice pictures!
Too bad that Kim isn't playing Fed Cup, but it's probably better for her with that injury...
Good luck all the Belgians!!!
:)

BelgianGirl
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the pic, Justinator!
It's amazing how he looks like my older brother at that age! They could be twins! :eek: Maybe Xavier is my secret half-brother or something like that! ;)

Justinator
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Yeah, wouldn't that be cool. Maybe you should ask your parents, you never know ;)

BelgianGirl
Apr 6th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Maybe I should! ;)
I could stop studying then and travel around the world with my 'lost brother' as his personal advisor or something like that! :cool: