PDA

View Full Version : Bec Cartwright is pregnant!!

Sam L
May 6th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Baby on the way for Bec and Lleyton

20:13 AEST Fri May 6 2005
AAP
Home and Away star Bec Cartwright and her tennis champion fiance Lleyton Hewitt are expecting a baby.

Sources close to the star couple say the 21-year-old actress is three months' pregnant and that an official announcement will be made soon.

"I'm having a baby," New Idea magazine's cover on Monday will say, as it carries an interview with the couple.

The celebrity duo became engaged in late January, only six weeks after they began dating and on the night of Hewitt's loss in the final of the Australian Open.

They made their first major public appearance together at the TV Week Logies awards in Melbourne last Sunday night, when Cartwright picked up her first Logie, for most popular actress.

A happy-looking Cartwright wore a long, colourful backless dress as she and Hewitt embraced on the way into the awards ceremony.

Cartwright's character on Seven's Home and Away, Hayley, is also pregnant.

Cartwright and Hewitt met five years ago at a Starlight Foundation charity tennis day, but only became close late last year after Hewitt's split with Belgian tennis star Kim Clijsters.

They have yet to set a date for their wedding.

"Within the next couple of years I think," Hewitt, 23, said earlier this year, when asked about the impending nuptials.

Cartwright said despite criticism of her becoming engaged so soon, she knew it was right.

"What feels right to you, you don't second guess yourself," she said earlier this year.

"For us, it just felt so awesome right from the start."

The news caps off a big year for Cartwright, who since becoming engaged has bought a house with Hewitt on Sydney's northern beaches.

As well as winning a Logie last weekend, the blonde beauty was nominated for the gold Logie for most popular TV personality.

She also won last year's season of Dancing With the Stars, donating her money from the show to the AIDS Trust of Australia and announcing plans to build an orphanage with Hewitt in Cambodia.

Besides this she recently topped FHM magazine's poll to select the 100 Sexiest Women for 2005.

Hewitt recently filmed a cameo role for Home and Away, which will be screened in June.

Brooks.
May 6th, 2005, 11:37 AM
:tape: :rolleyes: :lol:

Mateo Mathieu
May 6th, 2005, 11:46 AM
She can having this baby on the screen for Home and Away! :D Scott will never find out that he's the father! :ras: Yes, the stalker never told Sally about the test switched! :devil: FUN FUN FUN!

Erika_Angel
May 6th, 2005, 11:48 AM

So lleyton is happy with his new partner and she is pregnant yet you are laughing at it and rolling your eyes at the whole thought that perhaps lleyton might be happy with bec, however when there are rumours Kim has dumped her new bf for some other guy everyone is cheering her on "good on ya kim for getting out there!" etc etc .... talk about double standard :rolleyes:

Mateo Mathieu
May 6th, 2005, 11:50 AM
By the way, congratulations :)

VeeReeFan, you're not Bec or Lleyton so, don't say anything about them :wavey:

Sharapova's_Boy
May 6th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Hewitt recently filmed a cameo role for Home and Away, which will be screened in June.

Can't wait for that. :haha:

Sam L
May 6th, 2005, 11:56 AM
She can having this baby on the screen for Home and Away! :D Scott will never find out that he's the father! :ras: Yes, the stalker never told Sally about the test switched! :devil: FUN FUN FUN!
Oh that's a good idea, you should become a screenwriter for that show. LOL

Mateo Mathieu
May 6th, 2005, 11:57 AM

Can't wait for that. :haha:
What's wrong with that? :p I've seen sneak preview from Today Tonight where Jesse (Ben Unwin) bids farewell to Summer Bay in same episode :)

Mateo Mathieu
May 6th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Oh that's a good idea, you should become a screenwriter for that show. LOL
What do you mean? :p The stalker never told Sally about the test switched and she killed in the factory explode last Wednesday so that means Hayley, Scott and Kim will never find out the truth until the baby birth unless if they want to do test again! :p

Ekkekko
May 6th, 2005, 12:08 PM
So lleyton is happy with his new partner and she is pregnant yet you are laughing at it and rolling your eyes at the whole thought that perhaps lleyton might be happy with bec, however when there are rumours Kim has dumped her new bf for some other guy everyone is cheering her on "good on ya kim for getting out there!" etc etc .... talk about double standard :rolleyes:

make it triple standards for having three smilies up there. :tape::rolleyes::lol:

SpikeyAidanm
May 6th, 2005, 12:15 PM
eww bad images in my head...

gentenaire
May 6th, 2005, 12:21 PM

Yes, because getting engaged and pregnant as rebound is exactly the same as having a couple of short flings :rolleyes:

Sam L
May 6th, 2005, 12:26 PM
What do you mean? :p The stalker never told Sally about the test switched and she killed in the factory explode last Wednesday so that means Hayley, Scott and Kim will never find out the truth until the baby birth unless if they want to do test again! :p
Yeah that's why I said your idea was a good idea! :p Duh!

ozfan44
May 6th, 2005, 12:36 PM
omfg!

Brooks.
May 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM

i personally just cannot stand lleyton hewitt as a person.....it has nothing to do with a double standard or anything......if he's happy then good for him... :p

Brooks.
May 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM
By the way, congratulations :)

VeeReeFan, you're not Bec or Lleyton so, don't say anything about them :wavey:

technically i didnt :p

SelesFan70
May 6th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Good for them if that's what they wanted. :wavey:

switz
May 6th, 2005, 02:05 PM
i want to say something harsh as i don't like either party but my conscious makes me says congrats and good luck :)

skanky~skanketta
May 6th, 2005, 03:34 PM
they're not getting married immediately. the kid will be a bastard for a couple of years then.

but congrats.

alfonsojose
May 6th, 2005, 03:57 PM
they're not getting married immediately. the kid will be a bastard for a couple of years then.

but congrats.
Benedict, get back to Rome :angel: :smash:

skanky~skanketta
May 6th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Benedict, get back to Rome :angel: :smash:

who's benedict? :angel:

Ekkekko
May 6th, 2005, 04:10 PM
who's benedict? :angel:

A st.bernard?

yukon145
May 6th, 2005, 04:17 PM
congrats, Lleyton is one of my favorite players

daniela86
May 6th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Congrats LLyeton and Bec :woohoo: :yeah: :hug: :hug: :D

Ting
May 6th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Congratulations to them, that's a bit quick:lol:

Renee
May 6th, 2005, 06:58 PM
I would love to know how Kim feels about this.

This happened to my sister too. She dated her boyfriend for about eight years...they break up. He started dating someone else, who gets pregnant about five months after they started dating and he marries her, because she was a teacher and it just wasn't cool for teachers to be unmarried and preganant (he is that kind of a guy...a real gentleman).

My sister hated that bitch for getting pregnant so soon into the relationship....that just about killed any chances for her to get back together with him.

beauty_is_pink
May 6th, 2005, 07:10 PM
:tape: oooohh ooohhh

manu
May 6th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I would love to know how Kim feels about this.

This happened to my sister too. She dated her boyfriend for about eight years...they break up. He started dating someone else, who gets pregnant about five months after they started dating and he marries her, because she was a teacher and it just wasn't cool for teachers to be unmarried and preganant (he is that kind of a guy...a real gentleman).

My sister hated that bitch for getting pregnant so soon into the relationship....that just about killed any chances for her to get back together with him.

I hope for Kim that she was totally over Lleyton and ready to move on. Not thinking about maybe get together again. But I don't think that was the case, otherwise they wouldn't have had boy/girlfriends afterwards I think. And Kim said that she'd spoken to Lleyton in Miami or Indian Wells, and looking at her interviews, it seems she really got over it.

Anyway, this will be hard for her, even if she's moved on. But I wish her all the best in dealing with this :) And congrats to the couple with their baby! :)

Slumpsova
May 6th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Bec's character on TV is pregnant too :haha:

so who's the real daddy? :p

Barrie_Dude
May 6th, 2005, 09:14 PM
:eek: Ben Cartwright Is Pregnant?!?! :eek: Holy Bonanza Batman!:eek:

Wannabeknowitall
May 6th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Congrats. Let's just say that Hewitt really wanted a child right now. Does anyone suspect that when Clijsters was injured that in the months before their breakup that he might have mentioned having a child?

TF Chipmunk
May 6th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Congrats. Let's just say that Hewitt really wanted a child right now. Does anyone suspect that when Clijsters was injured that in the months before their breakup that he might have mentioned having a child?Maybe that's why they broke up. She probably didn't want that because she sees a long long long tennis career ahead of her.

grmbl
May 6th, 2005, 11:43 PM
:haha:

roarke
May 7th, 2005, 01:08 AM
six weeks into thr relatonship and she is pregnant... mmmm sounds quick to me. One can infer that the engagement was so quick becasue she is pregnant....... Where is the love?

Well I hope it works for them and the innocent.

SM
May 7th, 2005, 01:47 AM
who really cares

Mateo Mathieu
May 7th, 2005, 03:37 AM
six weeks into thr relatonship and she is pregnant... mmmm sounds quick to me. One can infer that the engagement was so quick becasue she is pregnant....... Where is the love?

Well I hope it works for them and the innocent.
It's not six weeks :p They dated since early December ;)

Huntress555
May 7th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Congrats to them :D !! No wonder she was pregnant in H&A (not that I watch it :o lol)....! On that I'd rather Kim as the father ( i know scott is lol), coz Kim's cuter ;) :lol:

But but congrats to them... :D

spartanfan
May 9th, 2005, 09:46 PM

My thoughts exactly. Has it even been six months since he and Kim broke up and now he's shacking up with some other woman, has bought a house and are living together and has now knocked her up. And to top it off, says maybe in the next two years they'll get married??? Call me crazy, but if she's supposedly good enough to buy property with and carry your baby, she should be good enough to marry and not have to wait two fuckin years. What an ass.:rolleyes:

andrew_uk
May 9th, 2005, 09:49 PM
eww bad images in my head...

Aidys :wavey: Why do we always think the same way :lol: :haha:

harloo
May 9th, 2005, 09:55 PM
It was good Kim kicked him to the curb. It's so obvious that he was cheating on her with Bec, and anyone who thinks differently knows nothing about relationships.

:lol: