PDA

View Full Version : Mel C Slags Off Girls Aloud :lol:

McAuley
May 6th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Mel C is clearly frustrated that she isn't having the chart success she once enjoyed.

The Sporty Spice-turned-rock chick has opened up a war of words with Girls Aloud, after claiming they will "never be the next Spice Girls".

Mel - whose solo career appears to be on the wane - turned her sights on the girls for no apparent reason.

She recently had to fund her new single and album after being dropped by her record label and her planned tour was halted.

Mel told the Mirror: "It is frustrating at times when I see some acts that are top of the charts, but the fact is I was there for years with the girls and now it is their turn.

"There's no doubt Girls Aloud are absolute babes but, to be honest, they always look miserable.

"I'm not sure they enjoy the work as much as we did. They're good but they'll never be the next Spice Girls. We had something special they will never emulate."

The girls were clearly saddened at Sporty Spice's dressing down.

Geordie songstress Cheryl Tweedy retorted: "It's a shame she has said that.

"When we were at primary school we were inspired by the Spice Girls. It is sad she has had to bitch about us to get publicity for her solo records."

Wannabeknowitall
May 6th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Next Best Superstar is such a cheesy song. Even for the UK. I would be frustrated if I was Mel C too. Emma Bunton has had two hits (Free Me, Maybe) on the US Dance/Club Play Charts. Geri's "Free Me" was a hit. Victoria Beckham's "Let Your Head Go" was also a hit. So 3 out of the 5 spice girls have had a hit on the UK or US charts. Most of their remixes being mega dance hits thanxs to Michael Grey and his Full Intention Mixes. Any publicity is good publicity so she might as well lash out at someone because if not buh bye Mel C.

CooCooCachoo
May 6th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Next Best Superstar is such a cheesy song. Even for the UK. I would be frustrated if I was Mel C too. Emma Bunton has had two hits (Free Me, Maybe) on the US Dance/Club Play Charts. Geri's "Free Me" was a hit. Victoria Beckham's "Let Your Head Go" was also a hit. So 3 out of the 5 spice girls have had a hit on the UK or US charts. Most of their remixes being mega dance hits thanxs to Michael Grey and his Full Intention Mixes. Any publicity is good publicity so she might as well lash out at someone because if not buh bye Mel C.

Mel C. has also had quite some success with her first solo CD ;)

Monica_Rules
May 6th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Mel C is a stupid T**T her music is rubbish and all she can do is slag off people who are releasing much better stuff than her.:rolleyes:

James
May 6th, 2005, 01:24 PM
I still like Mel C though, she could be a bit more diplomatic here and there however. I think she has some issues with herself she needs to sort out. I don't find it necessary to call her a T**T, like Monica_rules just did.

-Kieron-
May 6th, 2005, 01:27 PM
I liked Mel's first album but the rest hasnt been that good, whereas Girls Aloud rock! :)

skanky~skanketta
May 6th, 2005, 03:44 PM
the only girls aloud song i like is the one that goes, "i dont believe in romeo's or heroes anymore" i think its called life got cold.

but mel c is right. they're crap.they'll never be the next spice girls.

MLF
May 6th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Emma Bunton has had two hits (Free Me, Maybe) on the US Dance/Club Play Charts. Geri's "Free Me" was a hit. Victoria Beckham's "Let Your Head Go" was also a hit. So 3 out of the 5 spice girls have had a hit on the UK or US charts.

Melanie C has had two #1 singles in the UK and her 1st album was very big. Melanie B has also had a #1 solo single. Victoria is probably the worst performing solo Spice.

Kart
May 6th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Mel C is right.

Although she probably didn't need to say it.

Wannabeknowitall
May 6th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Melanie C has had two #1 singles in the UK and her 1st album was very big. Melanie B has also had a #1 solo single. Victoria is probably the worst performing solo Spice.

It was like 4 in the morning. I meant to say. In the last year 3 out of 5 spice girls have had a song be on the US/UK charts.

!<blocparty>!
May 6th, 2005, 07:58 PM
the only girls aloud song i like is the one that goes, "i dont believe in romeo's or heroes anymore" i think its called life got cold.

but mel c is right. they're crap.they'll never be the next spice girls.

thats my fave song of theirs. Don't like much from their latest album, although it's had loads of top 10 singles and club smashes with love machine etc :unsure: the Show was OK, good video.

Mel is right about the success. They won't sell as many records, thats for sure.

"It's a shame she has said that.

"When we were at primary school we were inspired by the Spice Girls. It is sad she has had to bitch about us to get publicity for her solo records."

:lol:

tennisIlove09
May 6th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Well I agree with her. Ive never heard of "Girls Aloud", and I've heard of Spice Girls :wavey: